Watch Thread: Praise Digikey Edition

Post your watches.
Sorry for the shit pic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fInzHfoQyJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3 memes and a mall-tier. I rather like them all though.

Meme watches are memes for a good reason.

Cool watch, what's that dial on the top left for?

Seconds or a fake analog face when set to the dual time mode.

isnt that Punished Snakes watch

Originally, the watch in MGSV was a G757-5000 until it was changed to the special edition watch in later versions.
Mine is a a g757 5000 case with the internals from a g757 5010. It took me two years of troubleshooting and experimenting to get it working, but it's worth it.

based casio w59 masterrace here

youtube.com/watch?v=fInzHfoQyJk

this dude went swimming with it in the ocean. gotta try it out sometime.

I'm looking for a daniel wellington-esque design watch for a decent price, any recommendations?

I'm not autistic about mechanisms or anything

Google Alibaba fashion watch Daniel Wellington
Or just look at all the usual suspects for cheap things or resellers

Will I look autistic wearing a watch?

>perfectly common and widely accepted thing to do in society
>hurr wil I loog audistig :DDD?

only if you get an autist watch, like a movado

I love the SNK803 Seiko 5.
I got a SNK805 but I'm not very fond of green. should have gone for that one or the black version.

you look autistic in general

got myself a ripoff of yours

Vostok 18 mechanical watch since late 60's, gold paved.

Try it on different straps if you havent already, you'll be surprised how different a bit of contrast can make it look. Ditched my original beige one for a Bond Nato and that desert one, makes the watch face pop so much better.

yeah, I'll think about doing that. it might make a difference. I'm not sure what would go well with a green dial. maybe a brown leather strap but I'd rather get a silicone one which is next on my list for a different watch.

200% jelly

if you have to ask this, you're already too far gone

The Citizen has a solid light-brown leather band on it, and a black one on the Tissot.

Tfw when using improperly sized strap

Anyone know of a brand that sells 16 mm perlons? Or should I cop an old stock vintage from eBay

if you wear a digital casio, yes

Related to your question, who sells a proper length 16mm NATO/Zulu strap? I don't want to drop 40 dollars on an adapter for my protrek.

why so salty?

No clue user. There's a good list of nato manufacturers in the /g/wt/ sticky so check those out I guess.

>they fell for the vintage meme

Holy shit you're supposed to get /good/ watches.

An old shitty watch is not a vintage find. It's trash. You're like the people with "antique" stores where everything is just the remains of old people dying and the family clearing out actual garbage.

I have a modern watch, I just like how G757s look.
Also,
>G757
>Not good

I don't care, it cost me like $30 on ebay, I like the looks, and it keeps good enough time. If you can point me to any brands that are making steel case/domed acrylic quartz watches for under $50 I'd be legitimately interested but until then I'll keep buying old shitty watches

There is vintage meme and vintage good

Amphibias are Veeky Forums

Whoa hoooooooooooooo!

y or n

>mie

BUILD

Its aight

Anyone tried replacing the strap on pic related? I'd really prefer a bracelet but the only standard ones available have a mesh

Daily beater

Where are Invicta watches on the tier list? I'm looking at the 8932OB or the Casio MDV106 for a daily watch.

>imvicta
Some of them are cancer, that one is alright though.
The vintage and more classic inspired ones are good. The 1 inch high 3 inch diameter gold ones coated in diamonds are shit tier.

those two watches are both good choices. personally I'd rather get the Casio MDV106 because it's cheaper and quartz is more accurate but that Invicta is a great watch as well, thanks to the movement. other Invicta are not that great, however.

oh wait, my mistake, I just saw that the Invicta one is quartz as well. I though it was automatic at first. In that case go with whatever you like best.

Seikos and Citizens tend to have two languages on their day wheel, Spanish seems to be the most common for some reason.

Nice, I might go with the invicta. Reviews say the band on the casio wears and breaks easily, are replacement steel bands common? or just leather/plastic bands?

>are replacement steel bands common? or just leather/plastic bands?

you can buy seperate steel bracelets if you want and put it on as long as you can remove the original strap.

love it. white wouldnt't work for my pasty ass though so I'd rather get the blacke one.

You can adjust the language to the second one easy enough mate

are there similar watches that look something like this but with day counter?

forgot pic sorry

Mine
Casio edifice era-100

I can find hundreds from good brands that don't quite have everything you want. Lots that look almost exactly the same but with steel/silver case

There is nothing wrong with vintage Pobedas. I've got this one with Bauhaus design which I got for 26€ shipped and it shits on every HOMOS.

>white face
>blue dial

This is my fetish.

I guess you mean white dial (=face) and blue hands.

Where can I get minimalistic aluminium shit like this? I need simplest clock face, simplest body.

You don't need it. Just get a Casio lol.

>Aluminium

most watches aren't that. they are either stainless steel, titanium, any sort of plastic or alloy (which might contain aluminium? I'm no expert in metals).

Braun watches look like that btw.

>Veeky Forums likes Casio
>quick, better post something contrarian about that since it's too popular now

Ok, what to choose? Casio MQ-24-7B2 or Casio MQ-24-7B?

Mate that's fucking swag.

The one the Holy Father wears.

Considering copping pic related tomorrow.

Pretty cool and retro.

>Casio MQ-24-7B
7B2 for better readability

good choice

Having the battery run on all four simultaneously whilst you most certainly are wearing one at any given time.

How do you guys bear wearing these with a metal strap? Tried sticking at it for a few weeks, but was uncomftable af, constantly catching hair on my wrist. Switched back to the f-91w

you'll be rather sad when the resin strap breaks for heat or just wear and tear, official replacement straps cost like 80% of the watch itself, and fakes from aliexpress are fugly and more suited towards bulkier casios. it was my favorite watch for a good while

Shave your wrist if the metal strap is too much of a problem.

I don't own the A164 yet but I kinda wanna cop it but I'm also pretty hairy on the arms.

I guess I'll buy a silicone or resin replacement strap or if I want the silver look I just get a metal strap that doesn't catch hair. gonna be a bit of a challenge with that strap size though.

I love wearing my W59 so far and that one is all resin.

>breaks for heat or just wear and tear

I wonder what people do to make that happen.
like, it's resin. it doesn't break so easily. even after 5 years.

Ordered.

Enjoy it. I had one a few years ago. Be careful w/ scratching it b/c the "crystal" is plastic.

Mine lasted about 1.5y, after that I used some black tape to 'help' prevent further tearing. 3 months later I had tape at three places. It's not vulcanized rubber to be fixable. After that I've been using nato/perlon/nylon or mesh.

Anyone who legitimately buys an Omega or Rolex for anything close to full price is a fucking retard.

>someone posts blue face rolex
no replies or muh quality is not good for price
>someone posts literal autistic casio meme watch
tens of replies, w2c, post story of how the 2 met

you are all poor autistic fatties who are poor

lolumad

Most of us can't really say much about a Rolex because we have never had or held one. I would love a blue faced oyster perpetual 2bh

We all relate to a casio because we have all had one or can jut nip out and buy one any day of the week.

Harro

Stay poor faggot

can someone please redpill me on Burgmeister?
Decent affordable or cheap junk? Thanks

Seiko SNE435. Loving it so far

Chinaware junk and fake german fantasy brand. Avoid.

source: german watch forum

these guys know their shit.

What?

First two are hand wind, seiko is automatic, citizen is solar, if that's what you're asking?

Does someone know offhand of a watch where the hour, minute, and second hands all are on separate faces? The Glycine F104 regulator caught my eye because of this a few years ago and I wonder if anyone else did something like it.

Love it. Roger Moore was the comfiest Bond.

I use one when I swim, its nice. I wish when you switched to one of the other timezones it would display day/date though.