Political science

>political science

Should I major in it? Or am I retarded?

You are retarded

every time you see science where it should not be be aware that the field is so dumb they tried a meme word to give themselfs some credit.

It is dumb and you are retarted

can someone explain to me how the beureau of labour says the median wage for political science majors is 100k.... like wtf?

Politicians, lobbyists, etc.

That's the major people pick when they go to college to drink

International relations is where it's at, but some colleges lump them together.

The list of nine degrees most likely to hit six
figures is 5 types of engineering, two very specific business sub-disciplines, finance iirc, and international relations. Do IR faggot.

Thanks for all the answers and explanations. I'll look shit up and do something with a future in it instead.

>listening to Veeky Forums ever
At least ask /adv/ if you're going to take advice from Veeky Forums.

>implying /adv/ is any better

You're retarded.

/adv/ dont know shit for the most part. Id rather mask a question on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums instead of going there to ask anything.

>/adv/
Literally for teenage kids looking for "advice" on how to pick up girls.
Every single thread that doesn't involve this gets archived with 0 replies.

This 100%

Understand that a degree isn't a means to an end, or the end of your means. A degree is the beginning of a means.

Some people will just shout STEM, and call anyone else an idiot, this is some sense is true. If you're not rich, and can't get a scholarship then you should only go for STEM. But if you can get it paid for those "useless" degrees can up your value, and give you more respect as a socialite in your area.

If you're looking to be a lawyer, get a masters, or join some pseudo-police agency, then PoliSci is great. Just don't expect jobs to be lining up for you, like if you got a degree in STEM.

Political Science might start out at the bottom of the barrel, but like Finance it has much more social mobility; as opposed to Engineering which is 70K with no raises, for the rest of your life.

Only you can decide if it's worth it, because there are things we don't know about you. I'm studying Political Science and I'm a bit nervous about getting a job, but I know that I can just spend 2 years in the Merchant Marine or some shit, and then come back home with tens of thousands of dollars saved up.

Best of luck to you.

how is political science as a minor to econ? do minors even matter?

military science is dumb?
PHAHAHAHAHAHA

guys, is business admin a meme? or is it an okay major if I want to go for an MBA afterwards.

about to finish my first year bus admin, not too late to change majors yet.

Go something more specific. Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting etc. General business and business admin is a waste of time.

my course offers concentrations - essentially minors - in stuff like econ, finance, accounting, supply chain management, etc. - so i'm doing a stats minor and a concentration in finance and systems management, plus i'd be able to complete my undergrad and an mba in only 5 years.

Perhaps it's because i've come from europe and the european education system to the US for college, but i feel as if the course is very basic at the moment, although that may just be because i'm only 1 year into it, and i hear that in the US, your freshman year is pretty much just a more fleshed out version of high school classes.

Undergrad/MBA in 5 years isn't a bad deal honestly. I don't know how the European job market works, but in general just make sure you are doing things that allow you to pick up skills. Do extra curriculars. Get involved in clubs and shit. Be able to fill out your resume.

well, i'm looking to remain in the US after I graduate, provided i'm able to find work, get a work visa, etc.

and prior to college I had a few internships over the summer at some large european law firms and in one of the big 4 accounting firms, plus my college makes us do co-op work experience for at least 1 semester (i'll likely do more than 1), so i should hopefully have a decent amount of at least partially relevant experience by the time i graduate. Plus I speak 3 languages, which i guess helps a little.

My main concern would be that people view a Bus. admin. degree as slightly too general, but who knows, i guess i'll just have to stay the course and find out.

>every time you see science where it should NOT be
obviousy military science is a legit major

Military science IS dumb if you're not in the military.