Grailed

>Grailed

Other urls found in this thread:

grailed.com/listings/651065-Dolce---Gabbana-Abstract-Floral-Pattern-Button-Down-Shirt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah grailed is shit, the buyers waste your time.
I've never sold anything on grailed even though I've posted like 5 items there.

Get better stuff to sell then you cuck

Explain this to someone who doesn't use Grailed.

Ebay is much better than Grailed.

Some cuck posts a non grailed item on a website called grailed and expects people to buy it

well most things on grailed aren't grails. that's how it's supposed to be though.

What's with the five accepted offers then?

I'm starting to get a bit of this now that I have a couple of listings up.

What's with the thread then?

It isn't a hyped item or it isn't a hyped brand. Most likely it will be there for a while. Since you've had offered for 3 months, its probably been longer than 7 months

On Grailed you can send on offer an item and the seller can accept said offer. Once the offer is accepted you should pay the seller. However unlike eBay you are under no obligation to go through with your offer.

The result is people send out 100 offers a day just to see how low they can get things, and sellers receive many offers they accept only for nothing to happen

This happens with every item
Hyped or not
1,001 fuckboys will send offers
And 1,001 fuckboys will disappear

>What is posting an item in "Core"?
Necc urself

P A R T 2
E V E R Y O N E
G E T S
B A N N E D

>What is posting an item in "Core"?
So fucking what? It isn't contradicting to what I said. I just checked his item and its been there for a year. He could post whatever he wants but don't expect his stuff to sell quick unless its a hyped item or brand 90% of the time

No u

Vlone reseller a SCUM

can you post your link

i might buy

grailed.com/listings/651065-Dolce---Gabbana-Abstract-Floral-Pattern-Button-Down-Shirt

nvm that shit nasty

I use it for buying stuff cheaper than retail I don't actually sell any of my clothes on there. Like if I'm giving the opportunity to get new CPs for 300 rather than 400 I'm pretty ok w/ it.

Grailed has recently become very popular in scamming forums/groups, watch out. Grailed support is usually alright but it can take awhile to get your money back.

except paypal deals with the refunds not grailed

People sell normie shit all the time, I've cleaned my closet of cheapo basics with grailed over two weeks. It's all about demand, marketing, and flexibility in pricing with selling whatever you're trying to sell.

I posted an item that should be under 'Grailed' and it was moved to 'Core' without me being notified. Thanks Scott.

send your grailed link fuccboi

grailed seems to have really gone downhill in the past year. more than before. i feel like every day there are 1,000 more super basic, overpriced items

Yeah I can't even count the number of items that have 20+ price drops because they're started so ridiculously high.

this is really your fault. stop buying hypebeast rags. I've been using grailed for years and never had a problem.

>It's a "your favorite brand does a collab with supreme so now 90% of the items on grailed under your brand are shitty scalper supreme collab items instead of the actual brand" episode

fucking hate this episode

>Grailed

>Its a "Kanye wore your favourite brand so now the price of evert item has tripled and the ones your selling are flooded by lowball offers from BigNigga420 and HypeSupremeXX" episode

Worst episode yet

oh gosh i know. every fucking item started at $180 and is now at $90 with 50 people interested. the absolute madmen

i wish they had a global "don't ever fucking show palace or supreme" option. every fucking drop it's just an avalanche

I'm thankful that nigger hasnt gotten his hands on my favorite brand. Even more so, he won't have even heard of my other favorites.

All those brand should be restricted to the Hype section, same with shit like Fear of God

There is no reason for them to be on Grailed

>he won't have even heard of my other favorites

Try me, kid.

I've been on it since it first started. It's absolutely ruined at this point. I don't even use it anymore.

I've sold 20ish items over 2 years on Grailed and I'm dropping it now

For them to take 12% of the sale while offering such a shitty service is such a bad deal

do you just use ebay now? that's the direction i've been going. and when i clear out of my wardrobe soon i can't imagine wanting to haggle with teenagers on grailed about bundling basics or anything complicated like that

Agreed. It started out as a useful and good service and I sold quite a few pieces there for reasonable prices but now I end up having to drop my prices so ridiculously low for all the fuccbois who live in an h&m economy and expect everything to be cheap as fuck.

Grailed promotes the idea that you can just buy shit left and right on a whim and then resell it if you don't like it. This really irks me because designers aren't just names but ideas and concepts as well.

I understand why people jump on trendy hyped shit like Supreme for the name but fuck, take some time to learn about what you're buying before you drop dollars on some legitimately visionary piece just because Travis Scott wore it. Feels like such a waste to sell my real grails to some kid who only wants them to stunt.

kek burr kek

I've got close to 600 transaction. If you're not selling
>bad photos
>bad pricing
>bad items
>bad communication

You can't try to sell ur buyers regret and get mad when it doesn't flip. Learn to take an L and take the best offer out of the first 3 or 4 you get. Or donate it. Idk why everyone loves to bitch about grailed on here, it's not the sites fault y'all can't take a good fucking

It's a poorly designed site that promotes hyped pieces, which attracts a user base uneducated in fashion and unable to spend on quality. This results in consistent lowballing and waits for price drops. Most people that are actually interested in designer clothing buy and sell on ebay, private forums, or other sites these days.

Last item I sold went to a senior designer at CK in NY. You're generalizing and I don't think you nor the rest of Veeky Forums have realized grailed is here to stay. It's unique, not entirely in its plateform, but it's active. I don't care that it's full of hype beasts and latino's looking for used supreme on the low. Grailed isn't a website exclusive to weebs in their acne and cp's, you have to learn how to find and sell what you want. Grailed isn't going to do that for you.

>Last item I sold went to a senior designer at CK in NY.
I'd like some proof, though I expect you to say something about privacy.

I'm trying to sell a final home jacket and have only gotten offers expecting me to pay for shipping myself and that's after several weeks of bumps and price drops. My photos are fine and I'm responsive with PMs. I would say my price is fair as it's similar to an existing one on the site.

Hypebeast and mexiniggers are going to eventually get bored of their Supreme and start looking for more subtle items but expect to be able to pay the same amount and use the same buying techniques and ebonics when talking. I've been asked to text photos to people for some reason despite my location being outside the US.

Some brands simply don't have a market on Grailed as anyone who would be buying them is already buying them from elsewhere.

>just accept the best offer put of the first 4
>accept all 4
>no one goes through with it

yay

I agree, some brands don't have markets on Grailed. But you hve to remember Grailed is relatively young. They don't have a large mainstream presence. eBay does. That's why they get to restrict the number of photos you upload and charge higher fees. Their name is older and trusted. Grailed will get their sooner than later. They're doing amazing atm, but I agree. Nothing harder than selling that kind of shit.

And I know her position because I found her linkdn

>a user base uneducated in fashion and unable to spend on quality

lul an auction side that is suppose to "educate" its buyers on brands? the reality is most brands are not hype resell pieces you imagine, an entire boutique goes on sale between seasons. out of all the brands you find on SSENSE, HAVEN, OC, etc, like two dozen of them are seen as pieces you can markup - and the people who are "educated" will instantly know what brands to buy, which is basically whatever sufu shit is being hyped.

grailed's shit though, fee is just as much as eBay, it's also not eBay so Paypal doesn't seem to want to protect you; but you get the platform with an audience you can at least communicate with; eBay is 5x terrible due to its demographic breadth

>Ill buy it RIGHT NOW at this price
>lul youre not going to sell it at that price
>Can you lower it please, this other listing has it at...

I'm not saying it's all like that. My post was a sort of hyperbole as a response to your initial assertion that you don't know why everyone loves to bitch about grailed here. There are very real problems with the site and the way it runs.

Grailed is a fantastic idea in theory and is half-way decent in execution. It's certainly useable, but there are improvements to be made. Of course those of us actually trying to track down some grails will still check on Grailed but I've talked (both on grailed and off) to so many sellers in the past year who have migrated away from the site with each new site 'feature' or update.

I've had similar experiences. Most of the time I just get bombarded with stupid questions that are already answered in the post. I understand that a full half of humanity is in the bottom half of the intelligence pool but seriously, just take a second and read the damn post.

Hahaha. You hold up an example of selling to a senior designer as proof that fashion people still use Grailed and come to find out it's a vintage Lang piece... Obviously a classic Lang jacket is gonna be on the radar of more than just hypebeasts.

In no way am I expecting Grailed to do the education. I'm just lambasting the way that they use their 'dry clean only' articles to position people like Travis Scott as some sort of fashion pioneers just because their stylist had them wear old Raf.

>Grailed

idk, feels like every site, like mr porter, has interviews on people who have nothing to do with clothes but they just wear really expensive clothes constantly because money

>D&G
>Givenchy

wow niggerbrands, you reap what you sow op

I'm intrigued to know how a fashion marketplace with a what.cd style "test" and invite system would pan out

For those who don't know what.cd was a private bittorrent tracker. To gain access to it you first needed an invite from a current member, who had to earn said invite by being a good community member. After receiving an invite users had to take a test on audio file quality and the rules of the site.

Tbh I'm contemplating making it now, thoughts?

>Okay potential sellers we'll invite you to a private platform
>Who's on there now?
>Sellers
>Where's the buyers?

>uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kek, that sounds about right. What.cd started at nothing as well though

There are plenty of fashion forums (most of them all but dead now though, replaced by reddit) that have threads for buying and selling that do fine

>There are plenty of fashion forums

That are not an on an invitation basis.

Private trackers work because they have a steam of some thing everyone wants but no one has (reasonably). Not only do you have to find willing sellers, but sellers who have pieces you can't find anywhere else AND that they'll part with, then you have to find buyers who not only are interested in a few, particular grails but now have to pay a "reasonable" price for it - you need all these inputs on a daily basis.

Private trackers measure you by ratio, or you donate. Private fashion board, it's hard to imagine building an audience when your keep is buying expensive clothes every month.

Exactly. Information is infinitely renewable. You can send the same bits and bytes of an audio file nearly as many times as you want. There's only one jacket to sell.

Grailed is fucking stupid I tried to sell my pair of rick owens tech runners and they banned me saying they were fakes. Later went on eBay and sold them through invoice

lmao IM NOT POOR OK I bought a 5500 jacked and a ferrari haha

oh totally. if i see one more article on the style of aziz ansari or kevin hart. talk about not fucking hip

this

>matching & exceeding fee rates of competitor sites while still being a relatively young site with a minute userbase in comparison effectively taking away every reason to use Grailed as a platform over more established websites & diminishing growth for the sake of greed, the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men

ISHYGDDT

travis scott is lit
best artist of the past 700 years

They let people sell memes like water bottles & plastic bags but took down a pair of jeans I had listed because they were technically girls jeans and grailed is apparently only for clothing made for men, even though these jeans could have easily been worn by a male. Sold them for $400 to a male on ebay shortly after

If they're a supposed "good community member" and seed all their shit, why does the test on "audio file quality" even matter? Seems like a circle jerk for .flac fags

I don't get this that often with grailed. I sell everything I post on there within 2 weeks.

the concern was mostly about transcoding
the idea is that users ignorant of degradation of transcodes will convert their shitty mp3 files to flac and upload them thinking they're sharing a high quality file because someone told them flac was the best.