Colour analysis for you

I did a course in colour analysis for fashion.

The premise is that there are 12 palettes, and each person has one palette that suits them most. This is based on the colours that look most natural on you, so if you were theoretically an animal in nature, colours that fit on your palette are colours that might naturally occur.

I've found it super useful for me, as I find when I wear the colours that suit me, I actually look way better.

Post a picture, and I'll analyse your colours.

>colours that fit on your palette are colours that might naturally occur
>CoolWinter
>Bright pink and purple

yeah right, on what planet is that? Mars?

I mostly wear basic bitch colours like tan, olive, black, grey and navy

deep autumn is my jam

Do people actually fall for this shit, goddamn im happy I have a brain. Why the fuck would you limit yourself to this bullshit.

What does "look most natural" and "might naturally occur" mean in this context?

It's not meant to be taken seriously. It can just give you a vague idea of what colors look best with your skin, hair, eyes, etc.

is this the fashion equivalent of aligning your crystal chakras or whatever?

probably works on african americans?

It's basic color analysis. A ginger with pale skin, freckles, and bright orange hair is going to coordinate better with certain colors than say, a person with olive skin and dark hair.

Color theory has been used to analyze art and fashion for ages. Generally, even the most abstract artists and designers will follow it in some way. You can choose to disagree but it definitely doesn't hurt to know, and this chart is at least theoretically sound, if not something to rule your life. For example I wear pastels all the time and this chart says I shouldn't, but if I needed to look super dynamic I might refer to this.

Check out the tropics m8

Okay but is this some Amway bullshit

Some colors clearly look better on people depending on their skin/hair color. I'm too Irish to look good in black for example.

There's obviously something to it, but yes if you google it there are tons of people trying to sell color consultations or fucking swathes of cloth to drape yourself in and see if you look good in it to determine your season.

I almost lost my mind trying to figure this shit out.

don't know why anyone thinks it's bullshit. everyone looks better in some colors than others. you can figure it out over years of trial and error, but the value of one of these consultations is mostly the convenience of testing/photograpining a wide array of colors against your skin/face and controlling for favorable/unfavorable lighting.

it took me a long time to accept that black and white generally do my face no favors as much as i like to wear them; i look much better in navy/midnight and warm greys for example.

I think a lot of the reason guys shy away from colors is because they're so often burned by them. everyone has ordered a shirt that they love the color of, and then never wear because they look shitty when they see themselves in it.

anyway, a lot of these charts are shitty for anything more than a basic understanding. there's no substitute for fabric and a mirror/camera.

What you think user

>there's no substitute for fabric and a mirror/camera
And a trained eye, whether it's yours or another person's.

help me op i have no idea

Soft autumn master race