A very poorly chosen image, perhaps I've scared the good replies away, we'll see

A very poorly chosen image, perhaps I've scared the good replies away, we'll see...

I'm going to Paris next week, and I wanted to see what you think is classically French.

Let me elaborate by example:
When I go to London I like to get quintesentially British things, such as tweed and courderoy. Barbour is a given visit.
When I travel to the US I think preppy; Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren.
In Italy it's suits.

But what is typically French?
What springs to mind is Louis Vuitton, but I am looking more for classical or traditional.
The best example I can think of is Le Chameau rubber boots, but I already own a pair.

So what's as French as a button down shirt is American? I'm obviously not looking for a beret and striped shirt.
Any brands or stores I should visit?

Other urls found in this thread:

agnesb.fr/homme/collection/cardigans/cardigan-bronze-noir
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

JM Weston. YSL.

Came here for the sweet pic, OP. Nothing else to contribute.

Thank you, exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for. More of this please :)
This commant was good too ;)

Check out Harmony Paris good brand

a gun to defend against darkies

Parisian here, if you're looking for traditional and sturdy maroquinerie, I suggest the brands Hermès and Le Tanneur.

A.P.C. and The Kooples also have nice clothes. But yes, YSL and LV are very good choices, you can't go wrong with them.

Where do you plan to shop in Paris?

I'll be there next sunday
fight me irl

Just go full Lacoste senpai

best thrift shops here are "guerrisol" not the women ones tho

saint laurent boy is a girl is the best part

French 'street' fashion is so bland. You'd expect more but there's really not much to it, especially for women. It's just a lot of black, combining comfortable, loose tee's with a classy leather jacket and some well tailored pants.
It's just casual-classy looks, really, although last time I went to France, Ugg boots were in fashion. It was fucking horrid.

I can't speak much for mens fashion there, though.

>The Kooples
Please kys

Skinny ties, ridiculously small lapels and shirts with thin collars are quite French. But imo the Frenchiest style is the chic bohemian twat. Check out Editions MR and you'll get what I mean by that

And if you want the absolute French piece, get yourself an Armor Lux marinière

fuck off and stay wherever you are

don't forget to post more frenchspo/mimespo/clownspo

Hijabs and burkhas

She doesn't want to draw attention away from her face. There's no need to wear anything super interesting when you have a beautiful face and you're tall and thin. She looks better in her simple/basic fit than a Veeky Forumsg in her ""interesting"" high fashion fit.

In doubt, wear a scarf. No matter the weather.

agnesb.fr/homme/collection/cardigans/cardigan-bronze-noir

I C O N I C

Not knowing what to do with a scarf is the easiest way to come across as tasteless and tryhard

Even if you pull off a scarf it looks questionable depending on who you are

In short, scarfs generally suck

Go to Le Marais, in the 3rd district, I've heard there are some nice accessories (like jewels from Harpo)
Anyway if you want french, look for APC, Drapeau Noir, Hircus, Frenchtrotter, AgnesB, Le Pantalon, Maison Standards

How dumb does have to be not to know what to do with a scarf, though. And trust me, French people wear scarfs much, much more than Americans do.

Nobody in France will think twice about seeing a guy with a scarf.