Is this board dying?

Over the years, I've noticed activity has slowed down and threads stay up longer. The board was always shit, but it is shittier now.

Nowadays, there is less discussion about the works of designers, making your own clothes and actual fashion related topics. Now, there is more shitposting and more crossposting hypebeast fags from KTT, /r/streetwear shitting up the board with unironic love of Yeezy shoes and "copping Supreme and archive Raf" (to sound fashionable).

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.therightstuff.biz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i think its more likely we've just matured. it was probably always this cringey

the streetwear shit is an abomination though. so maybe you're right to a degree

the mod/janitor is responsible. a board like this needs personalities for it to survive, the mod drove them all away.

Can you alaborate more on that?

up until the last 2-3 years Veeky Forums had a decent sized contingent of trips, names and personalities that used the board as a staging ground for their angst, self growth, narcissism, pathologies etc.

these types of personalities not only provide good entertainment and a foundation for a discernible community and board culture, many of them were knowledgeable, interesting people.

Veeky Forums is filled with deracinated young adults in search of identity so these personalities often developed a following, which allowed them to influence discussion, trends, opinions etc. which adds another layer onto the cultural cake of the board.

eg, when many of the board's most popular trip's were into RO and the goth ninja aesthetic as a whole, it drove discussion and popularity of the aesthetic, design elements, designers etc. ergo a more in-depth, interesting culture and board.

go back and look at tinder, poet, void etc. discussions in the archive, as autistic as these people were they're multitudes better than the bland shit Veeky Forums is now.

basically personalities who actually enjoy the fashion medium kept the board rooted, now its just transient shit like thinspo, face rate, streetwear etc.

despite what some tryhard autismals think here, fashion is simply just not a topic that generates continuous material for discussion like the more active (and cancerous) boards like /v/, /tv/, /sp/ or /pol/ for that matter. I'm gonna guess 99% of people here are crossies from other Veeky Forums boards who come here once they get to the point in their life that they don't want to be dressed by their mom anymore (= high school) and leave after a few months when they get the basics down because after that point Veeky Forums has nothing more to offer to them unless they're extremely narcissistic / insecure spergs who crave approval in WAYWT-type threads, but since that audience is not really associated with Veeky Forums, it literally is just 50 or so losers keeping the board "alive".

to make it even simpler: fashion is an esoteric art form. you need people who have the drive, capacity and time to go and grab that esoteric knowledge and information and share it with people who are less inclined to do so if you want to facilitate anything more than the facile discussion that dominates the board now.

Damn.....................rip tripfags

this is another problem, dumb shits view 'fashion' as a medium similarly to tabloids view stories, like it has to be driven by the latest gossip or news cycle.

"omg did you hear about asap rocky hjahaha he did this sick thing, awesome :::)))"

fashion has an entire history that can be discussed, it also has endless application methods. literature is not dependent on continuous news to facilitate discussion. unfortunately the userbase has been so negrofied they only conceive of it in terms of the latest yeezy drop or other stupid shit.

lmao, yah basically describes the streetwear folks

I think there's also something to be said about the influx of altright fags from pol driving these types of more liberal and arts inclined people away.

Take a look at the catalog. Streetwear is the least of this board's problems.

>trip fag crying about being banned

Color me surprised

Veeky Forums was ok a few years ago when everyone tried to rock suits, jackets, 50s style ect.
Some autists then ruined it by going full suit + fedora while being scrawny 16 year olds. Jokes about Dadcore and so on ensued and the good ones just left.
Then came "street style" and this designer bootlicking. The final deathnail was when everyone started to use effay. "Is smoking effay, is this effay, is technogothnewagerickowens effay"

Now i only come here to look at the few posters and laugh about how horrible they look.

>i think its more likely we've just matured. it was probably always this cringey

newfags have to wonder. we know that it was better. day and night, user, day and fucking night

What's a good forum to migrate to if I want to actually discuss fashion, designers, and DIY stuff? I'm so sick of all these shitty threads that belong on boards like /soc/ and /r9k/.

forum.therightstuff.biz/

What followed were posters like me who come here exclusively to ridicule all the horribly dressed preteens on this board. I wish I could have seen this board in presentable shape.

Veeky Forums died when Slater stoped posting.
Also casemods.

I think there has been a flood of low income minorities

They don't have a interest in fashion

It was ok back then. Very basic stuff, but actual usefull stuff. Like how a suit should fit, what colors work well together, and actual pictures you could safe for inspiration.

pic actually related.

why the fuck do u still come here
u are right though

Fuck. Good ol timz

only oldfags remember slater's shitposts
zyzz was to fit as was slater was to fa

You really think that clothing would be appropriate to wear for high school and college kids (aka. 99% of the board's population)? Probably the reason why he hid his face is because he's also a baby faced 18 year old and the entire fit would fucking dumb if you saw it in that context

Whoopee! Our monthly fruitless meta thread!

the polcucks are p annoying.

Wasn't a host of that alt right podcast married to a Jewish woman?
LOL

And then he got a divorce as soon as his fans doxxed and exposed him.

So much for the white race

There's a lot of low income white people on this board too. like the poorfags in college. and high school.

I miss casemods

it's a problem on every board. the massive influx to /pol/ has affected the entire site. they spill out constantly and some boards like Veeky Forums don't really close threads anymore so one 15-year-old from r/thedonald can easily dominate the catalogue. /mu/ has the same problem, you'll see 300 post threads that started with "what kind of music do you think SJWs are fucking cancer let's discuss SJWs". all the good anons/discussions have moved to discord as far as i know

Lmao, cuck.

/fa's board been dead for a while now..

Sooo what other fashion related sites you browse?

instagram and facebook sometimes. other that not really.

where else would I go?

Holy shit didnt you get ass cancer how are you alive

I know I'm going to get flak for this, but if you to compare this board to something else it would be like a combo of r/mfa and r/malefashion minus the reddit was cancer. The problem is that there's been a lack of distinction between those who have been here for a while and know how to dress and are expanding their aesthetics and keeping up with current styles and those who are your average high school or 20 something loser who doesn't know how to dress.

If we had a mod that would put every useless thread in Fuccboi General where it belongs then you can easily see the split of what people come here for.

When people think there's a fashion board on Veeky Forums then all they think about is getting the basics down for dressing decently.

Is that you in OP's pic?