pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients
What brands/treatment do you guys prefer for nighttime spot treatment? Gel or cream?

Other urls found in this thread:

fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first day on accutane today, wish me luck

was thinking about doing asian face masks but idk I don't have acne and im se asian anyway so whats the point desu

Anyone had experience with either of these products? I've just started using them as my shower cleanser/scrub combo and so far in a week things have improved.

Also I'm assuming it goes cleanser then scub/bodywash when in the showert?

what serum should i be using on my face if any at all

What's the plan for your treatment? I went to speak to a dermatologist and she said I'd have to take 10,000mg all together, 8 months or so with 40mg a day. I'm a bit skeptical on the daily dosage, I'd prefer having a higher dosage and shorten the overall treatment.

Any tips for getting rid of dark spots?

Do you mean the ones that make you look like Michael Meyers? They're really inexpensive and last a while, usually you can order them in a pack of like 11 for 8 bucks and do one maybe once a week. I've noticed good things and I don't think acne is the target with these things.

I get a fuckload of blackheads and whiteheads (open and closed comedones) that can lead to larger cysts or smaller spots, is accutane my only option? I've tried various topical treatments, they get rid of them to a certain degree but the problem is they make my skin red and blotchy and dry as fuck.

I know you're not supposed to use regular hand soap on your face but i've started doing it and have noticed improvement on my acne. Its an olay beauty bar i think and i use a clairol toner right after which is supposed to balance ph levels so that might be why. My acne isn't a whole lot better but my routine is much more simple and its under control.

What should I do,since a few days I have a pimple that's quite large and I'm going to a place where I'll have photos taken of me so i kinda want to get rid of it or make it smaller overnight, I'm allready using benzoyl peroxide, please help lads

sunscreen and arbutin

Sulli a cute

i dont disagree

What foods should I keep in and out of my diet to attain skincare greatness?

water + greens + berries are good
dairy r bad

>mfw she was the only member I didn't get to see live

Yeah I cut down on dairy. Need to take constant water now, I'll get more fruits ty

waiting for my BHA to arrive in the mail, i hope it works and i can get rid of all the dirt in my face

Acnefag who finds considerable improvements upon healthier diet here. Is peanut butter OK? Recently caused a breakout by eating shitloads of chocolate and generally just ignoring my ban of unhealthy foods, but at the same time I started having peanut butter toast for brekkie and afternoon tea every day so I wanna know if it is safe for me to keep going with the PB.

what skin issues would you like to resolve?

seconded. buy an ampoule/concentrate if you wanna go hard really fast. also works on dark pits, knees and elbows

green beans are good

lessen grease and dairy

what made you switch to a healthier diet? did you read anything about the diet/acne connection?

Redpill me on laser treatment
Can it help with cystic acne? I'm out of options here
Is it as good as vit c serum for scar reduction?

Effaclar is supposedly top tier, I'm considering trying that same cleanser myself.
What improvements have you seen specifically? And what kind of skin do you have?

I was coming off of a period on doxycycline, and was getting worried about a crash when I stopped using it so I started going all out (consistent sleep improvements, pillow cleaning, shitloads of water, heck I even started cold showers). Doing this saw a great improvement for around three weeks, and then I ate a bunch of shitty junk foods at parties and instead of proper lunch some days. Within like 3-5 days I was starting to notice a breakout. I am gonna keep eating healthier because junk foods make me feel fucking terrible anyway but I still love my PB.
I think I saw someone here talking about a junkfood/ acne connection, but it might have just been because my sister has mentioned eating chocolate and then getting pimples.

Not how it works sorry bro.

For what it's worth tho, you notice the effects pretty quick. In fact your acne will 'clear up' before the 8 months. It's taken for a longer period to help ensure it doesn't come back. (Unfortunately not always the case)

Doing it over the winter (I guess just not during summer really) is a good way to counter some of the side effects, I'm sure the dermatologist would have told you this though.

bumping for this, need some help

I always used to clean my skin with just water and have recently been using skin care products. Never really had any pimples whatsoever, and now I do. is there a chance it's because of the products and should I just go back to cleaning with water or is it just coincidence?

I've read up on the subject and most studies seem to say that a higher daily dosage works better in the long term, as long as you finish the amount you're supposed to take. It's just with higher doses you get way more side effects.

I have pretty oily skin that gets pretty red with papules mostly. (I think that's the type of acne that is a red bump that never really comes to a white head) and it sems to be helping a lot with the redness. It also smells pretty nice and makes my skin very smooth.

I use an exfoliating gloves to put on the cleanser, wait about 2 min before washing it off, and then do the same with the acne scrub

acne scars and blackheads

if by scars you mean discolorment then vitamin C may help you, deeper scars are better helped by AHA/BHA

So I don't suffer from 'severe' acne that covers the whole face or particularly unpleasant spots, but I've been going nuclear war level treatment with my acne since I was a young teen (13 or so) and now I'm 26, and things haven't quite gone away. Honestly, I think the intense treatments I've been doing for years are the only thing keeping me at casual but still pubescent tier acne instead of full blown face covered grossness.
Any advice?

Skincare noob here. I have a very oily skin around the T zone on my face, specifically my forehead. There's no acne, and only a couple blackheads on my nose, but I do have very large pores So far I haven't tried any products at all to combat this, but I'm kinda getting sick of it, so I'd like to change it. I do use some coffee filters throughout the day to remove some of the oil, but this only works for an hour at most.

What would you guys recommend? I'm afraid that if I start using a shitload of products I'll only fuck it up more, so I'd like to keep my shit simple. Should I use cleansers? moisturisers? None of the above and just wash with water twice a day?

Skincare noob here that purchased some items a while back to clean my face with. So I made my first visit to the dermatologist, and I would like to share with you the item she told me to utilize more-so in the place of my Cetaphil face wash. Also, I've included the story of my visit below as a sort of health alert to those who may have the signs that I did.

As for the product switch-up, she stated that I should replace the Cetaphil face wash with a Benzoyl Peroxide based face wash instead. The exact brand she mentioned is called PanOxyl. I picked up an off-brand 10% Benzoyl peroxide, but I've read around that anything over 2.5% is over-kill. So stick to 2.5%.

She also mentioned that it can bleach clothing, so watch out for that too if you're going this route.

So onto my story.. For anyone who has acne like flare-ups, accompanied by swollen lymph nodes which may sometimes turn into inflamed pus filled blisters/bumps, and/or acne like bumps on the arms, then I highly suggest that you visit a doctor and ask to be placed on an antibiotic and an antibiotic pad wipe like clindamycin for two months.

You do not need to see a dermatologist for this, as almost any doc can prescribe antibiotics and the pads. You are probably experiencing a skin infection like staph, which cannot just be hushed away with otc acne treatment products and good personal hygiene.

Onto my visit, my dermatologist noted that I had a mixutre of bad acne along with a bacterial infection of the skin like MRSA or staph. I must've picked it up from my father whenever he was very ill, or at the gym (a very high probability.) Make sure to just wear long sleeves while in a gym. This shit can get embarrassing.

>exfoliating gloves on face

you're probably aggravating your skin and making it more oily

should I only use them on body and just use my hands for my face?

I've had good results with dermal rolling (2mm needles) and vit c serum

I get swollen lymph nodes and shidd, I'll try see if there are any of these Benzoyl peroxide washes on amazon, if not boots. Ty.

I've been using Cerave foaming cleanser to nivea daily essentials face wash.

But not seeing any drastic changes, any anons have recommendations on face washes?

Great, just noticed a new cyst forming on my cheek. This thing is going to be there for weeks, and the resulting scar probably for months. Is there anything I can do? I've never lanced before, and don't have the tools for it, plus it seems like a bad idea to me.

Wdyt about pic related ?

black mint is gr8 for armits n balls

where can I get these Stridex cunts in the UK

the shithouse that used to sell them on Amazon doesn't any more

anyone ever gotten a cortisone injection from a doctor for an acne cyst? Does it have to be a dermatologist?

Is ice good for cysts?

but is it "so last year" or "so normie" to use those ? should i change to those instead of the Dove shower gel that mom bought for the house supply ?

I usually use hydrocortisone cream to reduce the redness, I've noticed BP tends to just aggravate deep cysts more without actually healing them faster
go see a dermatologist if you get them frequently

I have a tube of hydrocortisone cream around the house, which I previously used for folliculitis. I recall it said not to use it on acne.

I have been using BP as a preventative measure, and although i feel it has worked to an extent, the acne I do get seems to last longer because of it.

I plan to see a derm soon, but I don't know what they'll suggest since I've already done my dash with accutane

you could try some zinc oxide cream, although I'm not sure it'll help on larger cysts
I've been using hydrocortisone on the occasional cyst I've got, hasn't had any side effects on me. The warning could be because you're not supposed to use it on broken skin.

i dont have any of that, but maybe i'll try a bit of cortisone cream, as long as it doesn't make it worse

after having read a bit more, it sounds like hydrocortisone cream might permanently thin my skin if i use it on my face

Doesn't matter. Use what you like, my mum used to buy these in stock cos they're cheap but they smell good and the black mint is deffo good for washing armpits.

Dove is good for most people, depends on what smell you want desu

So I started using skin care again on a (almost) daily basis, but over the past week I've noticed that some of the bumps on my forehead are a bit more prominent. (Particularly right after I use stridex)

Am I just purging?

I usually wash my face, use some stridex, and moisturize once a day. I don't really get acne or anything, I just notice my skin looks a little shiny and uneven, so I just decided to start with a base routine and go from there.

You don't get way more side effects, the side effects are simply stronger. Don't underestimate the hair loss from that drug. It CAN be permanent if you take a high dose.
So don't be a dumbass child. Pick the low dose and long treatment. It's safe and it works. Unless you are an idiot and desperately want to fuck up your body.

AHA/BHA, arbutin concentrate, if you do sunscreen regularly, switch to biore

If Cerave lotion breaks me out am I pretty much fucked or is there something even lighter?

Stridex always makes me break out at first if I haven't used it in a while. Brings a lot of shit to the surface on my forehead in particular.

Do women actually like "manly" smells like mint and shit? I like using pic related and smelling like a girl.

Total noob here. I don't have acne but occasionally get spots on my forehead and chin and have lots of blackheads on my nose. How should I go about removing the blackheads and keeping spots at bay? Also, what should I use to keep my skin nice and clean?

Supposed to start roaccutane tomorrow for a bit of acne on my shoulders and chest, but I'm really on the fence. The possible permanent side effects, like impaired night vision, have me worried. I don't know if taking that risk is worth something superficial and non-life threatening. Thoughts?

my approach for stuff like that is just take it and plan to kill yourself if anything goes wrong

Not really skincare but any tips on clearing red eyes?

she ruined f(x)

Solid life advice for any situation.

what's the cause of it? lack of sleep, marijuana use, allergies?

whats a good sunscreen that can also serve as moisterizer>

you didn't bother reading the OP, did you?

because if you did, you probably wouldn't be this clueless

>tfw chicken skin
JUST

How do I shrink pores? My nose looks awful because they're so big.

Thoughts on supplements for acne? I didn't see any mention of them in the OP links.
Vitamin A, C, D, Zinc, Fish Oil etc?

What do I do about the acne on both my temples. I was my hair every morning and wash my face every morning and night with face wash, toner and moisturiser. Do I just cut my hair.

Tonight I'm tying it up and just drying them up with tea tree oil

The main reasons as to why we get white and black heads is not so much due to the fatty greasy fast food itself, but from the amount of oils and bacterium that are left on your hands after eating the food, the amount of cross-contamination that occurs whenever touching your face in public, and your body over-producing oils, sweat, etc.

Cystic acne is more-so hormonal, but if you feel like your acne could be either cysts or swollen lymph nodes, then you'll probably need to be on a an antibiotic for a longer period of time.

The easiest thing to do food wise is to just hop back on the horse as soon as possible, and find ways to stop your junk food cravings at the root.

Are under eye bags/dark circles like these reversible?

It'd be pretty disheartening to get into a routine that costs time and money for nothing

bumping for laser knowledge

Holy crap aztec mud mask is pretty nice

You didn't mention exfoliation... Was that a mistake on your part?

switched to using a toner with 2% salicylic acid from one with 0.5% and my face cleared up in like 3 days. should've switched earlier lol.

So BHA/AHA serums permanent? Like, can I stop when I'm satisfied with my complexion or would it revert back or get worse without continued use?

>So BHA/AHA serums permanent?

Nothing in skincare is permanent.

good luck user! :o)

if you haven't heard of it already, indian aztec healing clay masks mixed with apple cider vinegar (look it up) has a lot of success in improving acne and other skin issues, i tried it the other day and it made my face v smooth and seemed to have cleared it up a bit, it's worth looking into

it could be the residue from your shampoo getting onto your temples and making them break out, maybe switch shampoo or try to avoid those areas while shampooing?

If your skin is oily and you don't moisturize, your skin may be overcompensating with oil because it is dehydrated. or it could just mean you have oily skin, but it's worth trying moisturizer and seeing if it helps. Try cerave hydrating cleanser followed by hydrating moisturizer.

Have you visited a dermatologist?

this wtf

Also curious about this. Anyone tried skicare product for eyebags/darkened undereyes with at least some moderate success?

Inb4 sleep. Hasn't changed much from the time I slept 11 hours a night, to sleeping 7 or 8.

Yeah that could be true problem was I switched to this shampoo cause I was getting scabs.

I do exfoliate with facial cleanser and the moisturiser. But I dont have the stridex pads and they cost so much to get them shipped cause of the price. Maybe I need a more stronger facial cleanser. I'm using this one that I will post it be next post

what are the best face/body whitening products right now? I'm from Vietnam and i have fairly warm tone skin and trying to lighten it up. Ive done some research and it seems alpha arbutin and kojic acid are the best ingredients but i'm not sure about which products. any help ?

does it do anything for acne at all?

Anyone know any good body lotion that quickly dries up and isn't greasy

Is there anyone here who follows Korea's 10-step skincare routine? How is it holding up for you guys? Is it really good or actually an overkill? It's
>wash your face (oil cleanser)
>great, now wash it again (foam cleanser)
>chemical exfoliator (gels/pre-made pads that comes marinated in exfoliator bha aha etc)
>toner
>moisturizer
>essence
>serum
>eye cream
>face mask (sheet)
>SPF

Kind of unrelated, but there's a fad of applying toner on the face 7 times in row. It's done by patting and not by using cotton balls. It's supposed to moisturize skin and make it supple. Anyone tried it? I know there are people here who are very knowledgeable.

Also, re-applying sunblock lotions (even those with SPFs 50 amd above) every 2-3 hours for that beautiful pale skin. Y/N?

I have one with me. It says on the container "Facials, acne, bodywraps, clay baths, foot soaks, chilled clay for knee packs amd insect bites! yada yada yada... Beautify and refresh!". Then it doesnt really say much at all. However, you use this product with Apple cider vinegar. You mix both, watch it fizzle, mix it to a paste then put it thick on your face. And apple cider vinegar is supposed to be good for acne, but I dont know. I use it for pores. I'm very happy so far.

If it's only darkened undereye skin, get caffeine. The Ordinary does a good one that's cheap.

New here and looking for some advice. My skin is very dry in around my mouth and chin yet I still have pimples there. Should I moisturize or not? I'm afraid it could clog my pores and make more pimples or make them worse.

look for moisturizers with the words "non comedogenic" on then. cetaphil is pretty good.

you cant "shrink" pores. try salicylic acid, retin a, or laser treatment. they may appear large because the sebaceous filaments on your nose are full. in that case try ocm (oil cleansing method)

fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

You should be cleansing and moisturising. If you're in the US, look at Cerave products, if in the UK, Simple.

Also if you have naturally oily skin there's not really much you can do, but there are things like pic related you can use. I also have oily skin and i take a pack with me whenever i leave the house, and pat my face with them every few hours or so.

The only thing that has ever successfully stopped a cyst spot in its tracks for me is 100% pure tea tree oil. Apply it with a cotton pad or cotton swab, and really press it on there. After you must apply some moisturiser to the area or it could produce a chemical burn. Do this every 4 hours.