Long hair in Veeky Forums

So I graduated this winter with a degree in Economics from a top 20 school and have been having trouble making is past the interview stage. I think my hair has been the main problem as I have mid length dreads like pic related. (no white people dreads, i'm not white)

Took me 2 years to get my shit how I wanted and i'm not cutting it to appease some kike. But at the same time i don't want to starve so do anybody know what i can do to make it more presentable? tie it back? Each interview i wore them like pic related.

I'vea heard the public sector dgaf about hair as much as the private sector; am i better off looking for government work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShMm2lq5sB8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrB1OE9Blo
youtube.com/watch?v=jONye2cFHx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Either cut it and then when you are in the position regrow your hair

Or

Try harder when you apply to jobs you want

Or

Accept the fact you're going to be jobless

It's a tradeoff OP. Sometimes if you want something, you have to give something else up. That's life.

So, seems like you got a choice to make.

think about it
would you hire some wanna be chief keef lookin ass kid who just graduated?
cut your hair and once you get the job grow it back out
companies are very disciminative in the interview process but cant fire you for things like how you wear your hair now a days

It would take at least 2 years minimum to regrow; and i think my employer would have even more of a problem since i'd be going through the nappy afro stage all over again.

Yes I would hire some Chief Keef lookin ass (aka me). It's not like i'm going to be interacting with suburban white customers everyday that could mess up the buisness. I'm looking for office work, i'm not even going to be around people.

this seems more and more likely. Tbh i'd rather just work in the public sector then cut my hair. Does the government give a fuck? I have a feeling that since its government they couldn't really discriminate based on dreads. Losing my aesthetic would lower my quality of life more than not having a job.

It's irrational and i'm being emotional I know, but fuck it.

I think for now i'm going to tie my dreads back for interviews and see where that gets me.

Maybe you should wear glasses, that could be the difference.

Or just go with a buzzcut. Looks clean and pro.

If you care about money more than you care about your shitty hair you will cut it off.

That's what i did

>negro seeking a job
FAKE & GAY

This

Tie it behind you head with an african symbolled tie. Only need to do thi for first interview. They will assume that it is some tradition/religion that is tied to your "traditional" hair style. It also looks pretty.good.

Cause you look like a thug nigga.

this. wear some nerdy glasses, not the hipster fuck type, just proper fragile nerdy glasses

also you're better off growing your dreads longer so you can tie them together, that will give off more of an artsy vibe instead of chiraq vibe. but i guess that takes years too.

you're already black from a top school trying to break into an industry (finance i assume?) that go out of their way to diversify, it's very hard to fuck this up

>irrational and i'm being emotional I know, but fuck it.
Sounds exactly like the attitude of people I'd like to hire, gee, I can't see why they wouldn't hire you!

Decorate it with one of those bright african traditional ribbons so they think its "ethnic/cultural" stuff. Less likely they'll tell you to gtfo.

Definitely try tying it back. I know this Mustafa looking black lion mother fucker who runs his own tax business in florida. LONG dreads but they're usually tied back and he's always in a suit. Probably also helps that he is tall and has good features. He looks BIZ as fuck in a modern african american way. You can too, but you'll still need an employer who sees you that way. Theres a blury line between being true to yourself and being realistic thought, if you stay unemployed too long you might try cutting it.

I would groom them well, and nail the interview.

Also, just ask, "I know this hairstyle is not very proffesional, is this holding me back from getting the job because I can cut it"

> Prioritizing a stupid haircut over gainful employment
> being this fucking stupid

Get a haircut, put on a suit and do whatever else it takes to look like a respectable fucking human being. You can dress like a bum after you've had the job for a while.

>I think my hair has been the main problem

lol op u need to be honest and if they dont want to take u its their fault not yours you just have to give urself and if people dont like it its on them not you

Are you this vain, OP? You're supposed to be a man, not a teenage girl. Cut your fucking hair if you want to make money.

ITT op not hired bc obvious reasons
thinks it's hair
laughinggirls.jpg

I didn't brush my hair, had at least 3 day stubble, bought my shirt and tie at Goodwill on the way to the interview and joked about it with the interviewer and still got the job. Other topics of conversation and mockery were "I lack the minimum requirements for this position" and "I have no prior experience in this industry"

I'm white, though.

Yeah because businesses always want to hire a Rastafarian.

Blacks in the US, if that's where you are, do well getting government jobs. How subtly racist vs. affirmative action is the hiring process is going to depend on the region and the company. Ask around for those specifics.

Are you going to be a good little nigger and let THE MAN keep you down?

Stand up for yourself like a man for once, nigger.

Get a full face tatoo and show the world you aint nobody's bitch.

Try to appear that you are following a trend, do a samurai bun

thanks for the suggestion. glasses sound like a good idea

i care about my appearance

no i do not

It takes time and looking like shit for months to get my hair how I wanted to. Would take over 2 years to get where i am now. I look respectable, I guess interviewers don't think I do though for some reason.

nice bait

pic related is a better example of how my hair was. It was back, not over my face.

>op shows up for interview
>is shot
lel

lol @ this house nigger getting on his knees so his massa can approve of his hiarcut.

at least you know your place

be a good lil nigger boy

Trust me, to white people you do not look respectable with that haircut. If you were in the nfl, or trying to work at Walmart, then sure, who cares. But if you want to work in corporate america you need to at least try and look the part.

Employers don't care that you want to look cool. They care that you look professional. If you're black, go with the practically shaved short haircut most seem to get.

I like having a long beard. It can take a year to grow it to the size I like. If I lost my job and needed another one I would shave it that day, because employers don't like to hire dudes with crazy long beards.

>I look respectable, I guess interviewers don't think I do though

Maybe because you have some dindu nuffin haircut?

>wah, i can't get a job looking the way i want to

Take this faggotry to tumblr, maybe there you'll get some sympathy.

also

>glasses

Let me guess, thick plastic blackframed ones otherwise known as "problem glasses"

Listen to this guy OP

what don't white people specifically find respectable about this haircut? I never understood this. I have friends in the corporate word with the same length hair or longer slicked back and nobody gives a fuck. Just because my hair grows in dreads and not straight? Its fucking bullshit. I morally refuse to be a cuck and cut my hair, a man has to have pride.

>man has to have pride
results in
>another nigger on welfare

oh get over your fucking self you filthy fucking nigger, welcome to the real world where whites dont suck your dick you stupid fuck. Shave the shit or be broke, hell i dont give a fuck. youre an adult and adults sometimes have to do shit they dont want to. stop being an entitled nigger...dont no one owes you a fucking thing you nigger

in theory its like that, but sadly thats not how cookies crumble. The sooner you accept that, the better it will be.

Nigga fuck pride, stop being stupid.

because of morons like keef

>been having trouble making is past the interview stage
>(no white people dreads, i'm not white)
how about you stop acting like a nigger? you'd get a job in no time just to be a quota hire, but you're too stupid to take advantage of that. then again you are black.

>what don't white people specifically find respectable about this haircut?

Your image is the reason. Wannabe gangster thug types have it a lot, so it's subconsciously associated with crime and low IQs.

It has little to do with you being black. I am a tall 6'2 white guy. While I was self-employed I let my hair grow long and grow a beard. I personally like how it looks but I knew that once I started to look for a job again, there was a chance that the older gentlemen/ladies who might be hiring me would probably hold it against me. So I shaved my beard and cut my hair. Its what adults do. Is it a gaurantee that they won't hire you for looking less presentable? Of course not. Why would you want to take that chance though? Man the fuck up. Hair grows out again.

you seem upset, take a chill pill family; did my nigga Jamaal fuck your girl or something? :]

My family is undoubtedly wealthier then yours, respect those above you.

My quality of life would suffer long term is i had to cut my hair. I'm not going to be cucked.

>My quality of life would suffer long term is i had to cut my hair. I'm not going to be cucked.

well you could always knock up a sheboon, live off the welfare and talk bout how the white man fucked up your life lol

>you seem upset, take a chill pill family; did my nigga Jamaal fuck your girl or something? :]

nope just dont like entitled pricks...me i have a nice cushy job so like i said, i really dont give a fuck

>have been having trouble making is past the interview stage. I think my hair has been the main problem

>My quality of life would suffer long term is i had to cut my hair. I'm not going to be cucked.

Say hello to welfare, bro. Don't worry, welfarefags aren't cucks. At least you will have your pride. That's all that matters in the end.

>My family is undoubtedly wealthier then yours, respect those above you.
if that were the case you wouldn't come off as a complete ghetto trash nigger like you have been the entire thread.

>nigga i want my dreads n shiet fuckin white man bix nood

> 2016
> thinking blacks are above whites
> in any circumstance

when i had my job interview i had pic related cut.
Interviewers complimented it and said it made me look different than the regular cuck

>my hairstyle that is commonly associated with criminal culture isn't seen as professional
>waahh it must be because i'm black
How many gangsters do you see walking around with slicked back hair?

nigga wat?

>he thinks he's above the president of the united states
/pol/ taught you well lmao.
How does it feel knowing i'm objectively superior to you? You room temperature IQ cuck. Just because people with the same skin color as you cucked your family into lowly peasants and went on to accomplish shit doesn't mean your not worthless trash hahaha.

ok i was exaggerating a bit; I never would actually starve since my family is well off. I just don't want to be a neet. Spent the last couple months wasting my parents money traveling. I'm probably only going to be in the workforce for 15 years or so until i retire lavishly with my inheritance. You on the other hand will be wageslavin it up for years to come; mad jizzskin?

gangsters in the mafia commonly have slicked backed hair

>THREAD THEME MUSIC
youtube.com/watch?v=ShMm2lq5sB8

This is for all you hating ass whitebois who will never be as rich me. Call me nigger (online behind your keyboard of course), BUT YOU CAN'T CALL ME BROKE NIGGA

Wait, white people dont like dreads?

Why?

It's natural and requires maintinenece befitting a hygenic person

>hygenic
Naw. You guys go for weeks without washing that crap. They don't call it 'shitlocks' for nothing.

you're a broke nigger

I wot m8?

Only white hippies refuse to clean their dreads

I'm going to assume this is a troll thread posted by a /pol/tard....
But just in case you really are an american black who is really this fucking retarded.
Cut your fucking hair you stupid piece of shit.
t. - An Afro-South American black guy with a business degree.

You got doodoo locks
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrB1OE9Blo

>Afro-South American
my condolences. you were almost a human being.

Are you for real? Just cut your stupid fucking hair you dumb nigger.

I have more money then your then you will ever see in your lifetime. End it now.
My family immigrated to united states. Was just looking for answers until the thread went /pol/ on me so i had to shut down these inferior cucks real quick.

Just because your a cuck doesn't mean we all have to be.

>How many gangsters do you see walking around with slicked back hair?

lmao

>2016
>complaining about structural racism on a Tenneseean Teletype Board

shiggity doo dah

Just want to add that i'm going to follow the advice of earlier posters and tie my hair back and wear glasses to my interview thursday.

Didn't want to bring up how I don't even need a job in the original post. Now i'm just laffin at these broke niggas trying to tell me how to live my life.

You KEKS will never understand how it feels to have enough money that you DON'T NEED to work; and you DON'T NEED to make sacrifices you DON'T WANT TO for shekels. I could cut my hair, but I'd rather leave my hair and wait to get get a job that doesn't care because I CAN. It's called having enough money TO LIVE HOW YOU WANT. this is what you all STRIVE FOR AND WISH to be able to have the opportunity to do.

And you cucks want to call me the nigger? You guys are literally fucking SLAVES to your Mr. Sheckelstein needing to live your lives how he sees fit or else you'll STARVE ON THE STREET. You guys are so dense you can't even see a FREE man. I have all the money I could ever need, you cucks on the underhand will be SLAVING away your lives to have a couple hundred a month in retirement when your'e old and worthless.

And this is why this is also so hilarious to me. You guys are all a bunch of MODREN DAY NIGGER SLAVES trying to talk down to me because i'm black. I may be black, but you guys are the actual niggers. You slaves.

Call me what you want but you realize i'm 100 percent right. You niggers are slaves to your massas while i live life HOW I WANT.

>NEW THREAD MUSIC
youtube.com/watch?v=jONye2cFHx8

haha if you say so my nigga

Wow that escated quickly.

I saw a waiter with dreads a while back at Chili's. If he had tried to serve us I would have requested a new waiter and complained to the manager. btw he was white, this isnt a race thing. There's a certain standard of hygiene you expect when eating at a resturaunt. The same goes for people you spend all day around (coworkers). I would never hire someone with that hairstyle

>obligatory

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Good dreadlocks look tidy, though.

People that "get dreads" that get them because they think it's an excuse to never take care of your hair are dumb. Shit's high maintenance.

I shaved a beard ive had for 12years. Once i did i got a job.

Did one cause the other? Yeah. There is an image that you need to have, to be taken seriously.

Dreads and a beard dont fit that image. You will have a hard enough time being none white.
Distance your self from any slacker , stoner, rasta, or nigger stereotype

Just cut them OP, I did. Its just hair who gives a fuck. You're not a woman. Are you?

Let's be honest: It is race
Blacks are an inherently unhygienic race and no self-respecting human wants to deal with filthy pubeheads
OP shouldn't even be considering a job in finance. Blacks are not suited for the demanding and abstract challenges it involves. He should just become a preacher. It's simple, it's race appropiate, and he can make a lot of money of his species' retarded nigger ways

THAT looks tidy to you? Its looks like poostrands

The bright brown tips aren't my style, but they are taken care of, yes.

10/10 solid trolling

>I have mid length dreads

kys

waste of dubs