Pop culture style inspiration

Let's take a look through the decades at some style.
Music
Art
Television
Film

We will start with one you guys all know.

DUDE THRIFTSHOP LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE
youtu.be/ynEAbiCDVJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Next the beastie boys. Looking pretty relevant.

Sabotage
youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE

Now to television. A show that's popular once again. But back in the day your dad was probably her king off to ladies on twin peaks.

Hhhnnng

Feel free to add things lads.

Your mom was rubbing her clit to bobby

JFK say no more

Early 80s art scene with Keith haring RIP

gabagool-core

Why does it seem like this generation mixes all the generations styles together? Anyone feel that?

Our current generation.

A soldiers haircut.

Ritchie tennenbaum

Slacker a film from 1991. Richard Linklater's first. One of the most effay films of all times. Follows a bunch of young hipsters around all day. You can watch the entire thing here.

youtu.be/ynEAbiCDVJ4

The king of rock and roll. I can see why he was so controversial. Those rolled up sleeves are mighty suggestive.

Off to the mid 2000's television with the hills. This guy's look still holds up. My ex wanted to fuck him badly. I now see why.

Lol remember American apparel v necks and wearing a blazer hahahahaha

the king of hip hop fashion

One of the biggest fashion battles to ever go down was the mods vs the rockers. You could get beat up by anyone of those faggots for looking wrong.

Mods

Good thread OP

Sorry I'm at work I will try and dump more later on. If any of you could help with more recent styles I'm totally out of the loop with the past 10 years. Gary numan. Style freak.

Jazzhead

Chet "pretty boy" Baker, before drugs.

I kinda hate how this style is popular now. I used to dress like this out of laziness and because I am a loser but now I look like a tryhard.

You know he is based on 70s fashion and Bjorn Borg?

Yes my nigga

Joining OP with a few favorites of mine.

Nowadays this may be known as ''prep''. However, if done wrongly such as unfit pieces, you'd just come out as a ''dadcorer''. I wouldn't risk being that guy.

>ywn be as Veeky Forums as these two
why even live?

my vote for the best wardrobe in any movie ever

What i see as an example of a ''Perfect Girl''. Modest, subtle clothing, natural beauty (even if enhanced with some make up). Girls i like are usually variations of this one, but remember; Personality goes a long way.

I supposed it's prep for the girls.

no, you look like a vagrant.

I always oddly liked the styles on this show

No one embodies the depression, poor choices, drug abuse, and carelessness of the current youth as much as Peep.

There's a reason Madonna's a style icon

Honestly, this dude is totally black and white. Sometimes his fits are totally rad, and someother times, he just looks like crawled out of a dumpster

he's basically just dressed by his gf, so she is the one who deserves any recognition

he's not with leila anymore, they dated for like 2 months broke up and got back together for like 2 weeks

mirin sean penns fit

too bad now dude looks older than Coop

i dont understand how anyone thinks scooters are better than motorcycles.

also, anyone interested in this should watch quadrophenia.

I've got a small collection of photos of a similar topic I'll dump slowly

Same. We would have been rockers and I would have beat the shit out of those faggots.

I would have been a mod and banned both of you

Clint Eastwood

I think we can safely include all the Bonds as style icons

David Bowie

Connery was definitely the most Veeky Forums though

Miles Davis

Otis Redding

Sir Edmund Hillary (first up Everest)

We couldn't list style icons without including the Fab 4

Lol good one

Wow that's great hair

yeah adventurers are aesthetic as fuck

Nat Young, Surfing icon, pioneer of the modern surf style

Zephyr Skate Team (Z-Boys)

Revived skateboarding in the 70's

Z-Boys again

good thread

Hansen looking fly as fuck

blade was a pretty cool movie

i prefer him as Denise

Andy Warhol was pretty fly

He eventually let the art consume him. But that's okay. A part of pop art died with him. It was no longer in fashion shortly after he died. We saw the death of keith haring a man who literally was pop art. They both were friends.

Hhhnngg the 90s

Fjfjjdjdkkdn

Honestly Brad Pitt. Everything he ever did. My man was a trendsetter. Hopefully he doesn't JUST himself.

unf

love this picture, bill evans was amazing

Kieth was Veeky Forums as fuck

I never thought this looked good. I can understand why some tried to cash in early on a trend to make casual preppy/sporty clothing highly casual, but pairing it with a deep v undershirt is straight trash.

I would've only used this look if I were piloting my own yacht, the knit sweater under my jacket was making me too hot, but I still needed to wear the jacket for whatever reason it may be.

This is what spawns after the scooter kid finds out the greasers are fuckin his girl. Deplorable, but I do dig the jackets. Also, is that Tom mufuckin' CRUISE on the far left of your pic?! That's respectable.

Golden. It's in my top 3 wardrobe-wise.

Gotta drop The Room. It's Veeky Forums the movie.

He really was. One of the only guys that still look good even though he's balding and didn't shave his head

Age. Fuck time.

This
But not only that, I feel like hes one of few people who can wear their own art and not look like a douche

I wish the pop shop still had a store. I was born the year he died but my brother had loads of his shit that got passed down to me. I wish I kept it.

>tfw no eldritch horror fashion gf