en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waistcoat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you look like you´re 12 years old hell no
you´d just ruin it with minecraft t-shirts or whatever

yeah especially when worn with t shirts and without a jacket

Not without the rest of the suit

if you're mads mikkelsen then yes

Only if you're wearing the suit jacket or a lab coat

STEMfags need to take note that they can't just use a labcoat as an excuse to dress like shit under it

This

still nope unless wearing it with a jacket

>not on waist
>not a coat
>waistcoat

literally nothing wrong with wearing them without a suit. Just because you all on Veeky Forums are ugly as fuck and can't pull off anything , doesn't mean a certain look isn't effay.

T. Handsome Italian male here

post fit

burn it

there is l i t e r a l l y nothing wrong with a hooded vest

It can't be effay because no gayboi here has the arms to make it look good.

>belt showing
>bottom button done
weew

yes but only in a formal context. There's a reason 3 piece suits are more formal than just pants and a sports coat. You can get away with one with a regular Business dress code, and you almost have to wear one with a black-tie ensemble.

In short, never dress-down a suit vest / waist coat. You'll look like what everyone in this thread is complaining about.

>bottom button done
but that's how you do it right. its not a jacket, numnuts

Depends what you consider effay. Take for example Al pancino in the Godfather. The fit is fantastic and ive taken inspiration from it and worn a vest with Mao shirt, left the hat behind and added dark raw denim jeans and it looks pretty good.

>but that's how you do it right
Literally kill yourself, retard

There is objectively no valid reason to leave the bottom button undone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waistcoat

>A custom still sometimes practised is to leave the bottom button undone.

And? it's a """""custom""""", aka a meaningless tradition with no objective aesthetic value.

You're being aggressively autistic here you are arguing against this guy like he invented the custom that almost every single person today will still adhere to if he actually owns a vest.
It is so prevalent that some vests don't even look right buttoned at the bottom because the design has made them a vestigial feature.
Like how suit jackets don't usually have working cuff buttons, sometimes have fake pockets and almost exclusively have useless lapels.

Is adhom all you've got against me?
If you read that wikipedia article, it says nobody's even sure exactly where the "undone bottom button" custom originated. There's a few theories stated, mostly about people who were fat fucks and needed the bottom button undone so they could sit down properly. If you're not fat, there is LITERALLY no valid reason to keep the bottom button undone. Only "it's a thing people did in the past for some reason and I want to uphold muh tradition".

Prove me wrong (you clearly can't)

Give one good reason you should button it besides "hurr, muh outdated traditions"

He doesn't need to, I gave you one. Or maybe two.

One is that on many vests today the button is effectively non-functional.
Two is that this tradition is incredibly set. How you feel about it is like the polar opposite of how everyone else feels about it. They would think it's really weird and doesn't look right to do that button up.

Because it's messy.
The only exception is what mentions - if the garment was literally designed with a misaligned bottom button that would deform its appearance if it was buttoned up

>Because it's messy.
Are you legit autistic?

Are you suggesting that having one button undone is neat?

how the hell does the bottom button being undone look messy?

Because it's inconsistent.

You're autistic then

Adhom is not an argument. You're yet to prove me wrong.

>prove my shit opinion wrong

No non-autistic person will look at the bottom waistcoat button being undone and think "what a messy inconsistent slob"

Baseless claims are also not an argument. You have no data or evidence to prove what you're saying so it's literally meaningless

is this u?