perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbJ3U1K_a5w&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

>mfw CB I Hate Perfume makes some of the best scents available but the owner is an insufferable douche and most of it is extremely overpriced

:DD

Just got a 10ml decant of Jubilation XXV and holy fuck it's incredible. I want to get a full bottle but I heard the current formulation isn't great performance wise vs older batches(I'm getting 5-6 hours currently). Worth it to drop the extra cash on a vintage bottle?

Any opinions on Dylan Blue? I've seen very polarised views from what I've read so far.

I'm looking for a masculine fall/winter fragrance - more suited to evenings/weekends, not office/work really. Quite classic, nothing too experimental. Must be in EU. Must be able to get a sample as well. As it's evening/weekend doesn't need to be lasting 12 hours, half that will do. I quite like woody, leathery sort of smells but don't want it to be too overpowering. Ideally not too expensive (up to say £100). I'm quite young so nothing to 'old guy'. Doesn't necessarily be used for dates as I've got a gf. Maybe something that I could almost make like a 'signature' as such?

Smells good imo, a typical crowd pleaser scent. Gives of a similar vibe as BdC, Sauvage and Invictus, but it's nonetheless unique.
People hate on it for the same reason they hate on sauvage: "muhh synthetic".

Try CH Men Privé

Well, you could drop an extra couple hundred or so for a vintage bottle, or you could buy a travel atomizer for like 10.00 and just reapply.

Also, if you're in Canada or the U.S., use fragrancebuy.ca, they have Jubilation for 225.00 maplebux. Got my bottle there, it's legit.

i like that don johnson gondola

How does he afford all this shit?

A job? He is a reviewer so might get some for free.

he's a shill for retailers?

He gets a lot of it for free.

need a rec guys, whats a good scent for summer going out (not work/casual)? I'm looking something either floral or oriental. would appreciate a few good recommendations I can then go away and do a bit of research on. Thank you.

Wow, look who just uploaded his top 10 best summer fragrances list!

youtube.com/watch?v=BbJ3U1K_a5w&t=0s

perfect timing, cheers for pointing that out

What's your summer fragrance for this summer?

For sure YSL sends him shit. That's why he has 5 different bottles of La Nuit. He also wears a YSL pin in some of his videos.

i love wasting so much money on a fucking glass bottle

Sauvage is synthetic though.

fragrancebuy.ca is cheaper.

Dude you can get them for half that price on notino

he's not even the guy with the biggest collection.
as for price, robes08 said his collection is worth over 100.000$
for size, gents sents has over 900 bottles and there are at least a few guy on basenotes with over 1k bottles.

people really get invested into this hobby.

Should I go for Polo Blue for a casual/work scent for cooler summer days or when its raining?
For note I work as a housekeeper and currently have l'eau d'issey and cool water for work use.
I started out with a few samples here and there

I would wear Xerjoff Nio everyday since I think it's arguably the best summer scent ever. Unfortunately it's expensive as fuck so I have to use my 30ml sparingly.For everyday use I mostly grab Dior Homme Cologne or Atelier Bergamote Soleil

Kinda unrelated but for rainy days Narciso Rodriguez For Him EDT is amazing. Wet concrete musk that just goes so well with rainy days.

I asked this sometime ago but I never checked to see if anyone replied. Does anyone have any good soapy scents? I heard Lalique white fit that bill so I was gonna try that out but was wanting other recommendations.

Try Mugler Cologne, or Prada Infusion D'homme.

>TFW bought pure malt for real cheap at Marshalls but have to wait two whole seasons to wear it

The open bottle design doesn't look like it lends itself to preservation very well, will it keep well enough until fall/winter?

lol

the bottle will last years and years if you treat it right.

Waiting some odd months won't kill it.

Keep it cool and in the dark

Figured, I know that's the case with other frags but I wasn't sure with this one because of the lack of cap. Thanks user!

This. Mugler Cologne is a great value soapy fresh scent that is a summer staple for me

Saw it at Ross for $50. Or was it pure coffee? I forgot. Is that how much you paid for it?

This.

Also, you can totally wear Pure Malt during the summer, just don't go full retard on the trigger and douse yourself in it. I actually like it during warmer months.

Why? I think this is a perfect fun summer fragrance

thanks I'll look into it. the description says that it was inspired by morrocan soap so that's probably a good sign.

Does Mugler Cologne have good longevity? With it being a EdC, I wonder if it'll wear off quick.

It's an EDT - I can pretty decent longevity. It's a fresh scent so you typically don't get more than 4-6 hours before it gets close to the skin. But I spray heavy(skin and clothes) on this since I have the giant bottle. Lasts me the work day which is all I ask for.

>tfw you swap gradually swap your perfumes for more expensive and better perfumes

I recently bought a winter/fall spray and was wondering the best way to perserve it for the next few months?

Are you Pure Malt guy? Anyways just put it in your bottom drawer and keep it there.

I didn't know what you meant for a second, heh. Na not the same dude, thank you though friend

I bought a post reformulation bottle of Jubilation and get about 5-6 hours of longevity. It's enough to get through an event or a date but not an all-day workhorse. Disappointing given the price. If I had to do things over again I would have bought another gray market Bond or Creed with the money I spent on Jubilation.

Anyone tried Xerjoff Mefisto? Looks like a good summer scent, kind of thinking of getting a bottle.

>the owner is an insufferable douche
How? Also I heard a lot of the scents are very similar to certain Demeter scents, and I've found almost everything from Demeter disappointing. Is it true?

Beginner here with (possibly) stupid questions. What does /frag/ use for shower gel/soap - I guess just plain unscented? Same for deodorant? I also quite like nice scented shave soaps, am I ok to use those as the smell doesn't last too long?

Other question - where do you apply it - wrists/below adam's apple/back of neck/sides of neck/on clothing/chest etc? I guess different amounts depending on strength/sillage, but how does location factor in?

I always do some behind my ears, and then give it a few tap with my wrist. I don' tlike the whole "put it on your chest/adams apple" thing. That way your cologne keeps hanging under your nose, gets annoying after a while.
Spraying on the back of the neck also works.

He already dressed nice / appeared well-off before he had a large youtube following so it's obvious that he has a decent job outside of making fragrance videos. He's also referenced before on multiple occasions that he has another job, and that he has yet to reveal what that job is.

He was/is a model, and also apparently somewhat attempted to have a music career so perhaps his job is related to one or both of those things.

Aside from that, it's obvious that fragrance companies are catching on to how influential he is and they are 100% without doubt sending him shit for free in hopes that he'll hype it up a la mont blanc individuel

I can never find that shit in any of my local fragrance stores. But it sounds so intriguing. It's a little too expensive for me to risk giving it a blind buy, because I've seen pretty polarizing reviews on it.

Love when that happens. As far as value goes, I swapped a 100ml tester of bvlgari amara (copped for about $20) for a half-full 150ml bottle of BdC. Not that BdC is anything spectacular, but it's much more expensive than the bvlgari so it was kind of a no-brainer.

Anyone else not like tonka bean?

It's hit or miss with me. I can't stand it in Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme or Code Profumo but really enjoy it in Midnight In Paris and F Black.

It opens with a VERY sharp violet but dries down to this amazing musk scent that lingers all day. I copped a bottle on one of the facebook groups for $40.

hi /fra/
looking for new daily scents,
up until now I've used Givenchy - Xeryus Rouge, Chanel - Egoiste Platinum and YSL - L'Homme but I think I've gotten tired of most of them and also they're mostly running out so I think it's a good time for a change

Price range is prob around $100, more if it's worth it.

I like citrus, wood, spices, tobacco, vanilla, leather

Also not sure if it's a stretch for this budget but if I could get something that isn't too common it would be great.

what is a sample

Citrus and tobacco = Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme - runs around $30-40 for a 4.3oz bottle. Pretty common scent but it smells great.

Leather and vanilla = Golden Boy by Dueto Parfums. Smells a lot like Tuscan Leather but trades the raspberry in TL for a sweet vanilla. Can be found for around $80.

Exactly - you can find a sample mini spash for $9 on ebay.

Yeah! Super great deal, even the cheapest unopened online ones are like 60 bucks.

Really? That's interesting, I think it's a little heavy/sweet for summer. I'll have to try it out.

i got some testers based on recs from a thread a while ago, i'm a total newbie to all this. what i got:
YSL La nuit de l'homme
Versace pour Homme
Nautica Voyage
Mont Blanc Individuel
D&G The One For Men
from those, i consider the Versace and D&G pretty crap, i don't like them and i for sure won't buy those. the rest(nautica, mont blanc, ysl) are damn good tho. MB and Nautica smell kinda alike to me(pretty fresh, something i'd wear during the summer) and YSL seems to have a totally different, heavier profile that i can see myself wearing all year. Do you guys have some other recs? I think i'll buy the YSL, but i'm open to recommendations.

What cologne drives latina stacies wild? Recently moved to cali so I need to know

Rub some of my cum behind your ears faggot

Where u at?

*teleports behind you*

can you be less specific? what kind of recs?

You want pic related. You will thank me, I assure you.

is there a shill in the the thread? there was another autistic rec in the last thread of the same shitty frag

Not a shill but that's my every day cologne and I love it. It gets complimented all the time

fragrancenet is having a 30% off sale, but I don't know what to buy. I know I shouldn't buy anything without trying it first, but I don't have time to go to the department store and i'm sick of polo blue at the office.

I have pic related which I like a lot for nights, but I'd like some for variety, and maybe some daytime as well.

So, 2 bottles, maybe 1 day and 1 night.

What should I do?

>What should I do?

Buy samples or hit up a decant service.

Fragrancenet has a sale every other day.

And even when they don't, they're still a lot cheaper than brick and mortar.

I'll look to buy a few samples, but in the mean time, I found a sample of YSL l'homme libre i got years ago. Not sure if the time changed it, but I actually like it a lot, for daytime, right?

Do they even make it anymore? If so, should I get a bottle of this, or are there better choices? Price range seems acceptable.

I'm new to all this sorry I suck.

>right?

No, it's your call.

"Daytime" frags tend to have more citrus notes and tend to smell more "fresh."

Libre appears to be a green flanker of l'homme. Greens tend to last longer than citrus.

What's a great everyday, masculine scent that one can wear in the fall/winter time in a univesity environment without smelling too tryhard or like the "cologne guy"?

just wear aventus

i got u senpai

stop meming anons it's an honest question

You'll mostly smell the lavender and anise.

Really though, start sampling.

sorry fampai, now that i see it my post is kinda confusing
i liked those three fragrances that i mentioned(Individuel, Nautica, YSL), is there anything else with similar qualities that i might want to check out? the budget is around 100-120$ tops. I'm a dude, i dress casually, looking for something i can wear all year.

These are some designers that are quality and also smell good to the average person

bleu de chanel
chanle allure homme sport edition blanche
dior homme
dior homme intense
dior sauvage
jean paul gautier le male
carrolina herrera ch men
carrolina herrera ch men prive
guerlain homme
guerlain l'homme ideal
thierry mugler cologne
thierry mugler pure malt
rochas man
burberry london
acqua di gio profumo
bvlgari aqua amara
armaf club de nuit intense

Is 212 men strong enough to wear casually in the autumn and winter? I feel its too strong for work use in the hotter months, so I'll probably use it when I'm out and about on days off and such when the weather cools down.
Also, how do I stop buying samples?

imagines a real life version of the Schtroumpfs and not blue. more like miniatures gnomes living in mushroom houses.

thats kinda what regimes des fleurs Fauna smells like.

I'd really like a recommendation, I've never worn cologne in my life. Male, light, sweet smelling, casual, for the summer. Price doesn't matter unless its like ultra expensive.

Also, how safe is it to buy online? I see people asking on Amazon if they are "real" and not fake ones made in the same bottle.

Versace Pour Homme is my rec for a light, sweet summer frag, though it's also very citrusy and fresh.

Online is fine, don't do amazon though. Only do ebay sellers with positive feedback in the thousands. Nothing under 99.5% positive feedback, and only buy sealed frags there. NEVER buy decants on ebay, stick to theperfumedcourt, link in the op.

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

Post good frags with terrible bottles

Pic related, looks good from the front, but from any other angle it's wonky and asymmetrical, plus it doesn't spray well at all.

Yeah, I hate how those bottles spray. You either get a stream of frag or a mist or a dribble.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely get samplers of a few different l'homme scents before I commit, and see which I prefer (these samples I have are from 2011, surely they must have changed in all that time). But, I definitely think it's nice for summer days, and that's what I want to focus on right now.

I know Aventus is great too, but I can't justify anything over $100/bottle right now. Once I've settled on some choices for those, I'll look into a decant service for things like that.

This is discontinued, right?

I bought the original A*Men (which I'm not too fond of) with the metal flask simply so I could put my Pure Malt in it. Those plastic cases are fucking horrible. I have no idea why Mugler seems so married to the fucking things. I don't think anyone likes them. They look cheap and tacky and don't spray properly.

YSL L'homme

k cool, I'll give that one a shot thanks

the worst part is that they have no caps on the sprayer so air can enter inside the bottle which shortens the lifetime of the fragrance.

Fuck, now I'm paranoid. Is there any way to stop that? Like tape or something? Sounds ghetto as fuck, but if it works...

True. I hadn't really even thought of that. Maybe the bastard does it on purpose so his stuff goes bad and people have to buy new ones more often. I dunno. Either way, shit bottles.

Is fragrancex.com legit?

ive been extremely shitposting all day on other boards, hold me brothers

Is playboy play it rock discontinued? Its stupidly expensive compared to other frags in the playboy range...

You could try teflon tape. Or any kind of tape really...But teflon tape is good for wrapping and sealing things. And doesn't have any residue to leave behind.

Daily go to

> thinking caps are some sort of airtight seal