Hi, Veeky Forums

Hi, Veeky Forums.

I know that american soldiers executed SS guards at Dachau and probably other prison camps even though the SS had surrendered, and that's already bad, but did the american High Command ever give the order to summarily kill any SS they meet, even if they surrendered?

I've heard that SS were considered all war criminals by default and that the angloamericans just killed them on the spot. Is that true?

If it is, what evidence we have for that order? When was it emanated and by whom?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Saat-den-Sturm-Waffen-SS-berichtet/dp/370200887X
amazon.de/gestohlene-Jugend-Fallschirmjäger-Stahlhagel-Salerno/dp/3925243003
45thinfantrydivision.com/index14.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Holocaust_denial
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>and that's already bad
But it isn't, user. It's very much a good deserving of medals and fame.

The SS were the workers and commanders or Death Camps, whose sole purpose was murder of unarmed noncombatants. That seems like a good reason.
>inb4 holocaust denial

Ok but it technically was a war crime.

Anyway, I'm not here to speculate about the morality of the act. I only want to know if killing all SS on the spot was an official policy of the Allies or if just happened spontaneously here and there.

No. US military authorities never sanctioned anything like that. The Germans on the other hand were executing captured Russian soldiers and claiming they were "partisans" because they were behind German lines.

I've read that Operation Eclipse called for the automatic arrest of any SS. Is that true?

Americans had Jewish german exiles as translators. Commanders they did not trust German americans. German was banned from american schools during WW1. A big deal considering German was up for consideration for the official US language.
Roosevelt had surrounded himself with Jews. So he was complicit. Same with Churchill.
Russians did worse. See movie "a woman in berlin".
Disarmed enemy combatants.
Also many of the translators were exiled Jews, they became executioners and interrigators.
> they deserve honor
The executioner has no honor user.
>they were death camps
Communist propaganda. All allied camps have been downgraded to concentration camps. Historical fact. So where americans were concerened they did not encounter so called death camps.

They'd execute them even if not given an order and nobody would care.

They had a swimming pool and a cinema.

And it wasn't for the prisoners

The US regularly executed prisoners during WWII, not just the ss either

They wete trated for lice and typhus. Someone working there wanted the prisoners to live user.
Typhus makes people skinny.

The cremation areas were required to keep disease away the prisoners, the graves were filling with carrion. They could of also been used to cremate Germans killed during the bombings. They could of left the graves to rot and let the prisoners die of disease if they really wanted them dead user.

It takes 8-12 hours to cremated a body. If they're running all night the cremation ovens could of never added up to the body count in Poland concentration camps. Math doesnt add up user.

You dont sent your best people to run prisons. Dont blame infantry for getting revenge though its not honorable like the deeds of the 101st airborne.

>underestimating german efficiency

>Dont blame infantry for getting revenge though its not honorable

>don't blame people for committing war crimes we usually sentence people to death for
Ok.

>It takes 8-12 hours to cremated a body
Cremation services on the internet claim it only takes 2-3 hours.

I met a vet who told me it all depended on the general mood whether they took prisoners or not.

>Putting down rabid dogs is wrong.

Its called white washing.

Have you been in a professional army? I'd respect your opinion more if you were. The people who wrote these rules were never up to their neck in blood like soldiers. Armchair idealists and pacifists wrote articles of war. Fighting men get treated like toy soldiers by ruling class.

Maybe they wanted to destroy the evidence from the guards perspective? Dead men tell no tales.

War is hell. POWs die sometimes when they're not supposed to under the laws of war. It happens on every side in every war. It's a fact of life, and Reichaboos need to GET THE FUCK OVER IT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Most based statement.

Many of the soldiers beleive what they were told by the Disney propaganda cartoons. Or they chose not to disbeleive as it made killing easier. Germans had been dehumanized and made into monsters by end of war so as to justify any ayrocity against the hunnic kraut.

Sure. I guess the soviet death slave camps in Siberia are Ok then. "They deserved it" If its okay to doto the Germans then why blame Germans for doing same?
Is there one standard or a double standard? If I can make I few disney films and a charlie chaplin film of a worls leader i guess we can do anything we want to them. So there are rules of war with plenty exceptions then?

Depends on the oven. How about the ovens the Germans used?

> German stereotype.

>How about the ovens the Germans used?
I don't know honestly. Where did you take the 8-12 hours figure?

Probably the most realistic answer.

>we waz soldiers and sheeit wo we get to behave like animals and we should be rewarded for it.
No.

My question was very simple: did this happen spontaneously or was it an OFFICIAL POLICY of the Allies?

Reading comprehension.

no general with any political sense would put that order in writing. the war was all but over and anyone with any rank/sense/ambition was laying the political foundations for their post war career.

>Soldiers wear tights like in Star Trek and are dogooders for all sentient beings of the Federation and shoot enemies with stun guns.
No.
Soldiers are nasty fighting men and do the dirty job dirty job of killing their nation's enemy. Instead of honor they get women, hippies, communists and pacifists waving fingers in their face shouting "same on you". No wonder you cant get the West to fight wars properly anymore.

Its not something you leave a paper trail for user. The allies were too busy building them up as the "greatest genration" to have soldiers(heroes) smeared by war atrocity stories. Plus such stories would leave Germany with yet another victim history

Never at any point was killing POWs an official policy except for Japan. Unofficially I'm sure it was a very popular policy. The SS was notorious for killing POWs and earned an extremely bad rap with the Americans, leading to killing SS prisoners on sight to be a bit of an unofficial order. The higher ups of course forbade this, but I don't think I've read much about this being punished or reprimanded. Band of Brothers has that scene where the guy guns down a bunch of German prisoners, that happened in real life. He wasn't reprimanded because he was a good soldier, and they needed all the good soldiers they could get at that moment, and by the time they weren't in such a pinch he had proven himself a capable commander. It was a thing that happened probably more than anyone would like to admit, and a lot of field commanders would look the other way out of desperation, apathy, or because they wanted to do the exact same thing.
It's very unlikely many of the POW executions ever made news to the higher ups of command in any army.

Apparently in these 2 books (diaries from german soldiers) they speak about a british officer captured after Normandy. The officer had in his pocket a note saying to kill any SS or Gestapo on sight.
>amazon.de/Saat-den-Sturm-Waffen-SS-berichtet/dp/370200887X
>amazon.de/gestohlene-Jugend-Fallschirmjäger-Stahlhagel-Salerno/dp/3925243003
I don't speak german though, so I don't know.

They also get all dat sweet, sweet enemy pussy.

I believe that was less about killing POWs and rather killing them before they could become POWs, but I can't speak for the British or where that command came from even. Could have been a Lt. Col acting out on his own or it could have come from Monty or even Churchill himself, who knows.
I do know to the best of my knowledge it was never an official US order, unofficial yes.

There was no official order, but after the camps, people's inhibitions got the better of them.

>that was less about killing POWs and rather killing them before they could become POWs
But it's a meaningless distinction: once an enemy surrenders, it's automatically a POW.
It's not that you can kill him if he hasn't compiled his "POW status request" module.

Alright so I'm going to shit on everything you hold near and dear to you now stormshitter

It was not official policy. Read the accounts of people who liberated the camps and you'll notice that they talk about the soldiers who did the killing being overcome with rage at what they saw, and justified it at the moment by trying to claim the guards were attempting to escape. The bodies you see lined up against the wall in this pic are those of guards and troops stationed at Dachau who were machine gunned by a hysterical young US soldier who claimed they were trying to escape.

A lot of US soldiers gave conflicting info to reporters at the time either to bolster their reputations, make a good story, and/or protect the names of their comrades who behaved questionably. Here's a bunch of letters/answers from the US veterans who were present at Dachau trying to set the record straight. One of them is by a man who gave the investigation report to Patton that recommended a court martial, and Patton responded by tearing up the papers and telling him to drop the subject.

45thinfantrydivision.com/index14.htm

I know I know, still there is a difference between a surrendering enemy and a POW. There were more than a few instances of "surrenders" in the war. Especially among the Japs.
That probably soured a lot of soldier's willingness to accept surrender but that's not super relevant.

Again, I can't speak for the British or the validity of that article, or where the order came from, but killing surrendering or surrendered enemies was still quite common. For a myriad of reasons.

I'm almost certain it wasn't official policy, but it was sort of an unspoken thing where officers were far more likely to look the other way if you shot SS soldiers.

I heard Allies didn't take Japanese POW's at least until late 1944 and just killed them on sight even when they tried to surrender. Is it true?

It was really common to shoot surrendering Japanese because they had the habit of laying traps / killing themselves and trying to take others with them.

They abused surrender to kill the officers who would go and collect them. That sort of thing turns people against accepting surrender really quick.

I'm still pretty sure that officially you were supposed to accept surrenders, it was just a situation where most soldiers and officers ignored the rules.

10/10 times when a Jap "surrendered" he'd be hiding a grenade stuffed up his sleeve

There was a lot more suspicion directed towards Japanese troops surrendering because it was so uncommon and they had a reputation for fighting to the death and for faking surrender and waiting until the right moment to cause damage to their captors.This created a bit of a feedback loop where Japanese soldiers wouldn't surrender because they (reasonably) feared that they'd be killed or tortured.

No stormfags here. One Jew is too many.
Now you just have to show us Stephen Speilburgs conveyor belts (rediculous proposition) from the actual camps.

No one is denying there wasnt walled ghettos or gold stars user.

Didn't US troops make a point of not letting SS surrender/shooting SS on sight after the Malmedy massacre?

All your cute infographs prove absolutely NOTHING about the holocaust.

And those red writings make them look like the work of a 14 year old.

I think that was just FJs.

Could be wrong.

But yeah, with the allies war crimes tended to happen at the platoon and company level and be ignored by high command.

Not that guy, but I don't know what you're expecting as proof aside from all that there is already. The infographs are just showing those bogus stormfront claims for what they are.

Yes, but many SS Soldiers went to Nuremberg and were considered not guilty, specially Panzer platoons and some Legions, like latvian and dutch

>The infographs are just showing those bogus stormfront claims for what they are.
Except that they don't answer any question or disprove any point and the holohoax narrative keeps having more holes than swiss cheese.

Please point out those holes, stormfronter
>They were treated for typhus yadda yadda
This doesn't pertain to the killing of Jews

>The cremation areas were required to keep disease away the prisoners, the graves were filling with carrion. They could of also been used to cremate Germans killed during the bombings. They could of left the graves to rot and let the prisoners die of disease if they really wanted them dead user.
Literally made up explanations, they could also be used to store Ragu jars, but evidence suggest otherwise.

>8-12 hours
It may take 8-12 hours to burn a body in a casket and make it the dust you put in a nice container for your living room, but they were stacked in groups inside, where they were burned mostly within 90 minutes (~6000 daily at Birkenau alone)
>Except that they don't answer any question or disprove any point and the holohoax narrative keeps having more holes than swiss cheese.
Pay no attention to the fact most people making these sort of statements have ties to neo-nazi groups and are therefore largely ignored by academia. I thought this was a real history board.

Because Jewish people are the majority in Academia and considering colleges are complete cultural marxism breeding grounds, it makes sense.

Where are the bones and mass graves. Zyclon B?

Inconsistencies in death rate and jewish population via census polls?

Well that's me going to sleep, goodnight al

>stormfronter
>neo nazi associations
>not a real historian
Scarcrow arguements & ad hominen.
>neo nazi associations
False equivilency.
Anything nationalist or pro White would be neo nazi im your opinon. You're sounding like RT whem they discuss any non pan slavic nationism. Stick to the facts and citations and we'll discuss them.

Wikipedia actually set up a self service page for this if you're genuinely interested.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Holocaust_denial

Bonus points, David Irving got blown the fuck out in federal court.

Not a stormfronter, just a concerned citizen. The holocaust is choking full of ridiculous bullshit. For example you claim:
>they were stacked in groups inside, where they were burned mostly within 90 minutes (~6000 daily at Birkenau alone)
When even with the most modern crematoriums, you need from 2 to 3 hours to incinerate a human body. And that with a single corpse in the oven. If you cram more than one (admitting that there is space to do it), the time obviously increases a lot.

Look any crematory service on the internet. They all say between 2 and 3 hours per corpse.

it's not as if they had families or were actually human

you think posting an infograph is a refutation?

you're worse than /pol/, at least they do it ironically.

>federal court

Coincedentally, do you know any of the American soldiers that came across those camps? Because I do.. You're full of shit. I know from first hand sources that you are full of shit.

When my great-grandfather came across a Japanese field hospital with his company they killed them all. That was during the Philipines liberation. Japanese soldiers were more deadly than the SS of 1945, because most of the SS left were combat fatigued to the point of cowardice.

You guys realize that the massacred Germans weren't SS camp guards, right?

They were conscripts who probably arrived a few days before the Americans and Russians did.

Himmler got his own people out of the camps and and on ratlines to South America and staffed the camps with a skeleton crew of patsies.

You're literally cheering the murder of innocent people.

Go put another 95 year old on trial for being a janitor at a camp for a week 70 years ago when he was 17. Fuck.

>my dad works for nintendo and also liberated nazi megaslaughter arenas

>can't win a civil case in a US Federal Court
>can't win a criminal case at Nuremberg
>your hypothesis is rejected roundly by the commission set up by the House of Commons, which had every incentive to downplay the Holocaust, being that Britain was literally fighting a Jewish insurgency
>get tons of free soapboxes from which to poke holes in the story, and can't find a single piece of evidence, even when your life literally depends on it

Some people are born losers.

Some people work hard at it.

Not my dad. I know a lot of veterans because I am related and close friends with a lot of veterans. Veterans hang out with veterans. I had the honor to meet a couple of the soldiers who liberated those camps. They weren't Jews, and they didn't distrust krauts. They weren't fucking communists either.

>he a good boi
>he was going to summer camp
>dindu nuffin

Why did germans suck at baking cake?

All of the good ovens were being used

>I had the honor to meet a couple of the soldiers who mindlessly gunned down unarmed prisoners of war.

Nazis are not people, the SS are not people, those who saw the horrors of the Concentration camps and did nothing to fight it are not people. They deserved death.

My grandfather fought on the Western Front, was in a tank, didn't like talking about it. But yeah he told me once that they'd usually just shoot the SS guys on sight.

I never got the holohoax argument. Wouldn't you stromfronters be glad the Holocaust happened? Like the destruction of the Jewish race - who according to you control the world - would be a good thing right? Just own up to it and admit it was an accomplishment

Who are you to decide who deserves to be human?

>Who are you to decide who deserves to be human?
He's right

I think that's up to a court to decide, not a bunch of young naive propagandized soldiers.

It isn't bait. It is my true belief.
and who were they to decide that as well? Who were they to put people in camps? Who were they to invade countries for their own selfish gains?

The Wehrmacht was human, but the General SS was virtually a criminal organization

Allies did the same

>and who were they to decide that as well? Who were they to put people in camps? Who were they to invade countries for their own selfish gains?

Glorious whataboutism. If the SS did it and were wrong, what makes the Americans doing it right?

And you'd think wrong

The court at Nuremberg ruled exactly what you just said.

That the SS was a criminal organization, the Heer wasn't.

Did I mention the Wehrmacht? No. Did they execute regular german soldiers? Maybe, but I am not defending that. I am defending the execution of SS prison guards in charge of Concentration camps.
When did the allies put millions of people in camps? Name me one time.
The Americans carried out a punishment that would've been carried out by the courts anyway. We are talking about SS guards who fired on them. Not young boys taken from their homes and shot.

If the courts killed everyone in Germany who was guilty of murder, there wouldn't be a hell of a lot left.

The allied armies treated captured Germans as P.O.W.'s, even if they were S.S.. P.O.W.'s can, however, be put on trial in a war tribunal, and they can be subject to execution if their actions were proven to be in violation of the laws of land warfare in a manner severe enough.

Hell, even ze Germans treated captured allied troops as P.O.W.'s....for the most part.

lol

Shame that so many people did so wrong. Truly.. And it is a shame some escaped justice.
He's right

After the Malmedy Massacre the 328th Infantry Regiment issued orders to not take any SS men or paratroopers alive.

But other than that, you're right. SS men legally had POW rights as much as anyone else.

>one time
Britain literally invented concentration camps during the Boer War. Britain, Canada, and America rounded up Germans and Japanese into internment camps. The Soviets had the Gulag. After the war the Allies killed about 2 million Germans in Europe, many of them forcibly starved to death in concentration camps under direct order by Eisenhower.

>muh clean Wehrmacht
No