ITT:
>date you started investing
>amount you started investing with
>how much you have earned or lost since then

I'll start:
>Started: Jan 2015
>$2500
>Net +$871

I lost money initially because I wanted to be a "daye traydur" and was so scared of any loss. I learned within a month to stop trading so quickly and made a good investment with a couple stocks that led to where I am now. I know it's not much but I'm still learning and am relatively new.

>started: january 2015 to october 2015, spent buying monthly, all i could with any extra money i had,
>about 2500$ in bitcoin total, at an average of 250 a bitcoin, so about 10+ BTC bought
>net: about doubled my money so 2500$+

Best thing I ever did. lol at all the idiots here that were saying Bitcoin was dead and wouldn't recover when I saw 250$ as an obvious bottom. And to think the party hasn't even begun.. this summer will be sick.

34% returns in a year is great for a beginner. Keep it up bro.

>May 2013
>~48.6k euro
>Net + ~91.5k

Insane gains on 2 apartments and some funds doing quite well

I started last year and I'm up 5%

too bad inflation here is 4,5% p.a.

2 weeks ago
900$
3$

Started: Jan 2015

No gains because I'm using index funds and the markets are pretty much stagnant

3 days ago

Kinda low initial starting point. You working with buy/sell or the options game?

>a month ago
>$300
>plus $10
I thought I would feel something when I took a huge loss, and I thought I would feel something when I got it all back and then some, but I didn't really

>Started February 2016
>$1000
>Made $370 Lost $368

:^ )

November 2015
Started with $3500AUD
Current portfolio value. $13750AUD

Plenty of wizards on here, if they keep up these returns there'll be billionaires all over Veeky Forums soon.

Started Oct 15, been buying since.

In for 38,785.

Up 2263 or 5.83%

Where do I buy into the funds run by the geniuses in here.

I'm calling bullshit.

this board is shit and ppl posting here are full of shit. if it was so easy to outperform the market they'd be on television giving stock tips.

I have just moved some things around, got cash to put into forex and futures. but here is a recent screen cap

btfo

>August 2015
>10k€, added 10k€ position in January 2016, added 5k€ position in March 2016 (three different companies)
>average of 137% (85% + 250% + 75%) = 34k€ profit

nice work man, what methods do you use when picking a stock and do you hold stocks or just swing trade?

Couple months ago, not really understanding what investment benefits from.

$100

I could've have +$15, but I kept riding the same train, hoping for more.

At $96, awaiting a rebound. I'm new.

>100$

What are your fees for buying and selling?

where do you guys trade? i have 7€ comission per trade here

If RH charges fees on my small amount of capital, I haven't encountered it. Pretty sure they pity those below $500 and let us off.

Not sure, honestly.

Kek, replied to myself

what's a good way to trade?
i'm yuropoor, no RH available

Early last year, finally got my first big-boy job. It's just my 401k.

>Your personal rate of return for All Funds from 04/01/2015 to 03/31/2016 is 0.90%.

Just fuck my investment up.

Help.

How should I reallocate?

Pic related.

0.9% ROI when they likely take at least 1% in fees

fucking lol 401ks are so shit for the most part.

For what it's worth, it's still an amazing investment for me because my employer matches nearly everything that I've put in so far, which means it's actually about a 100% ROI, but I'm taking the employer match as granted and as such not including it in the 0.9% ROI.

You should indeed contribute up to their exact match percentage and not a penny more. Anything else should go into maxing out a Roth IRA for the year. After that, into your taxable account.

Most 401k fund choices are lousy. Compare fees from the various funds available and go with the lowest. If the actively managed funds have the same fees as the index funds (can happen in the shittier 401ks), invest in the one you understand the best.

What are the advantages of a Roth IRA vs Roth 401k?

Assume I'm already at full match for pre-tax 401k.

I'm a finance major in Australia, about to finish my first year. how much should I save before trading? any cheap brokerages you recommend? should I wait another year and apply what I learn in my major to trading?

>Started: May 2
>$2000
>$1997.66

So I made the mistake of buying Apple, cut my losses after a couple days.

Made a $50 profit on Nvidia, currenlty at +30 or so on EBS, but I made the stupid decision to buy $1000 worth of DHT before the dividend date (.25 a share), and it has since lost me around $50. That combined with Apple have eaten up my profits.

If and when DHT bounces back, I'll sell it for what I bought it for, collect my $44 dividend on the 25th, and my account should start looking good. I also rebought into Nvidia and am set to make less than $10 profit which is ok. Going to sell that tomorrow.

Also, I bought some MGT today and opened up a robinhood application today and am set to buy 42 shares of CBYL, but that's just for funsies while I wait to liquidate everything on my tradeking account and transfer money to Robinhood, so I'm not counting that to my $2000.

I have this problem where I just stare at my portfolio on my phone the entire day while lying in bed.

Just graduated, haven't had a job to save anything with. Starting life soon and wondering what I should do once I have $$$ to save. Suggestions?

>Started: May 2
>$2000
>$1997.66

It says how much have you earned or lost. Your post should say you made - $2.34

>nice work man, what methods do you use when picking a stock and do you hold stocks or just swing trade?

fundamental analysis of interesting stocks and then wait for sellouts (like august and january) to get their SP near their fair value (Graham or DFS), once there I buy and hold. nothing spectacular

Started with $200,
>Got in early 2013 into Litecoin @ $1 sold @ $10 during the hype
>invested some of the capital into worldcoin
>some into dogecoin
>by the time i exited both i was sitting on $5k
>lost 1.5btc when cryptsy got hacked
>took out $3k
>invested the rest into ETH @ $3 and maidsafe
>havent sold maid yet and moved so ETH into Lisk and Dao

if i hadent invested in lisk & dao and decided to sell all my coins today i'd be sitting on $6k

which would mean im up by $8800.

if theres anything i've learned trading alts is always buy the hype and never panic sell.

>4k CAD started last month
>made about 2.2k off MGT (should've been 5k but got greedy)
>unrealized losses of about 200

2 days ago.

Started: $5000
Now: $5750

Thanks MGT/me for backing out at 5.2

>February 2013
>About 10k~
>Unrealized 2,107$, Dividends ~$2000

Things were going great until oil crashed. Ford isn't helping either. Pic related. Slowly been adding to it over the years, hopefully can make another deposit soon.

this post concerns me

I feel the same way, but also how much of that is luck because don't the top investors only avg returns of 15-20% per year and anything more than that on a reg basis is considered insider trading?

Did you lose all your money to pump and dumps?

you have bigger retards on TV giving stock tips than you find on Veeky Forums.

Started in March. Have about 10k invested and have gained about $500.

>lendingclub
>IRA
>fucking MGT (bought in @ 5.20, lost $300 so far)

>two years ago
>$30000
>-$20000
Depressing part is I had made all my losses back (15000) at one point by day-trading in 3 months and then held on to something too long and lost 20000. Depressing. put $14k into amzn rdsa and cvx respectively and just sitting on it
>thank god I make 100k a year or I'd cry

iktfb, I got in at 4.35, holding and praying there's another pump

Mgt

What you learn really is not going to help you much in terms of stock picking. I had been using a stock market simulator for just over 2 years. I started investing when I left uni halfway through my second year because i got kicked out of home. But for me im just using comsec right now, It is a very quality service. Id defiantly recommend using a market simulator first and trying do develop a trading strategy, although they can generally only take you so far.

It's only luck if, when you made your choices, you did so out of ignorance. If you made stock picks based on actual theories or analysis you had formed, then it's not all luck.

that :^) really made me feel ur pain

Great work man, mind if i ask whats in ur portfolio?
>curious bc studying finance and would just be interested desu

what uni breh

Made about £20,000 profit from literally thin air from fiddling around with cryptocurrencies (btc and ETH)

>Made about £20,000 profit from literally thin air from fiddling around with cryptocurrencies (btc and ETH)

That's nothing man, I literally made $50k from Dogecoin

To name the bulk of it currently
RAP
AIA
HCT
MXC
PSF

imagine what youd have earned by now by investing in something that was being actively developed. wow.

Ha, I made 100 millions with Litecoin