$MGT??

$MGT??
Other than McAfee being a fucking lunatic/god

why the fuck is this skyrocketing?!

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/john-mcafee-mgt-stock-2016-5
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/super-rich-were-first-to-bail-when-lehman-collapse-ripped-stocks
forbes.com/sites/adamsarhan/2016/05/17/george-soros-sells-stocks-buys-more-gold-why-investors-should-care/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931325/Super-rich-buying-property-New-Zealand-bolthole-case-west-goes-meltdown.html
nytimes.com/2016/05/18/us/politics/senate-passes-bill-that-would-expose-saudi-arabia-to-legal-jeopardy-over-9-11.html
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/05/17/geller-trump-jews-david-horowitz-right/
reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-election-idUSKCN0Y317X
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The last thread on it was full of DD. Look it up on the archive.

it is being shilled hard by many "gurus" and promotion agencies.

McAfee sells stock
-1000% this week

His stocks are all unregistered, which means that's impossible for a while

pump and dump

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUMP DUMP DUMP DUMP

SEC FILING ALERT

I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS BUT IT'S SCARING ME MAN

Ive been watching this stock since 40c, too afraid of bagholding to jump in. Never seen sustained gains like this.

explain

Probably nothing since it's past business has no meaning at all towards what's going on.

It's nothing.

It's a notification that they filed their form 10-Q late.

Form 10-Q is a quarterly report comparing last year's quarter to this years quarter. It's mandated by the SEC that any publicly traded company do this form.

The SEC notified them they filed it late and MGT responded with the form 12b-25, stating:

"MGT Capital Investments Inc. (the “Company”) was unable to file its Annual Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2016 on a timely basis because the Company requires additional time to work with its auditors and legal counsel to prepare and finalize the Form 10-Q. The Company anticipates that it will file the Form 10-Q no later than the fifth calendar day following the prescribed filing date."

In other words, sit down and shut up.

There are several reasons. Firstly, McAfee has a legacy as a founder of a multi-billion dollar software company. Secondly, he has returned to the public limelight with his badass Belize getaway, and has begun talking about cybersecurity and verbally taunting the FBI. Thirdly, he has already built a private company that designed a privacy tool for smartphones that is meant to address the security and privacy problems currently affecting smartphones, and said company has been bought by MGT for $300k. Fourthly, in his function as CEO, he has committed himself to cybersecurity, a very nascent field with lots of room for growth.

Ultimately, it's mostly because McAfee is a cunning motherfucker who will make us fucking rich because of his sheer intellect and badassery.

>sold his company
>hasn't been involved with it for 15+ years
>makes a company
>becomes the CEO of MGT
>buys the company he just made

Pretty sure this is just a ploy. It's like a celebrity endorsement of the product.

We know nothing about what he will do with the company. He's just CEO, no announcements yet. If you made bank on the stock explosion, good, but I don't believe it'll sustain

He is not CEO yet. The SEC filings have to go through before he is named CEO. That's why there hasn't been any announcements. I'm sure the stock will peak when they officiate him CEO and the company renames to John McAfee Global Technologies. Even then I'm sure the stock will continue to climb because of the sheer magnitude of speculation.

I really want to buy into this stock, but I fear it's too late.

But it just seems so overhyped at this point.

When can we expect the SEC filings to go through?

Also, forgot to mention that this is basically a reverse IPO. MGT is the shell company, D-Vasive is his private company that is merging with MGT to create John McAfee Global Technologies. It's a risky investment, but people are basing their sentiment on McAfee's competence.

It's not too late. This is going to continue climbing all week. It's been consistently going up 50%+ every day. SEC filings takes several weeks so probably by the end of June.

>I fear its too late

It has only begun

I'm also wondering if you are all just hyping up what was essentially a penny stock as well, to make your own holdings worth more

noooooooooooo

Last call to board the rocket is the end of this week

Warren buffet,Goldman and hedge funds gonna buy their tickets once we hit 5$

First time trading, bought 140 shares at 1.70 then bought 100 more on 2.12, riding the train, baby!

May buy more in the morning.

My math is horrible and my fucking bank is having server probs at the moment so I can't access my portfolio but all together, how much have I made so far?

And could this company have potential enough to have shares rise to 10.00+? it's getting hyped as fuck with many people buying in.

>and my fucking bank is having server probs at the moment so I can't access my portfolio
Mine too
TD?

Yup. Does this happen often with them?

First time I've ever seen it happen but its pissing me off because I wanna put in a fucking buy order for tomorrow and I cant

I don't know man, maybe it's divine intervention, maybe god is cockblocking us because it might dip?

The hype was too great for me to ignore it. I put in 1k when it was in the mid-1.00 range and sold at 2.90 after it started falling back down.

I then bought back just $500 at 2.80 because fuck it, it's McAfee. If I lose that $500 I won't be too upset. I made my fast gain.

He is what sets this apart from the usual pump and dump. It'll likely waive around again but I can't see it tanking below $1.00 as long as his name is attached to it.

He's also hyping his role in it and his technology so it always helps to have a vocal cheerleader with media clout.

yeah maybe man, I was gonna dump 500 bucks in it and see what happened before the end of the week but maybe you're right.

This is ridiculous. bought @ 3.50 this morning thinking I was too late and we're almost at 5

Hope you poor fags man up and put some money on MGT while it dips.

I put my buy order in but it wont even process because its overloaded

Time to unload shares. Thanks for the pump you spergs. Easy money hahaha

bunch of people unloaded at 4.90ish
dipped to around 4/share
who's buying the dip?

>in

All dips erry dips

BUY THE DIP

What do you think it will peak at next?

These happen. Wouldn't say they are "typical" but it only causes a reaction when they miss a few reports. This is a quarterly thing companies have to file if they're public, but for all we know the guy who normally does it is stuck/fired

I fear the day Veeky Forums is a market-maker

Seems to be stabilizing at around 4.20

Yup. It's been there for a bit, but it could surprise us again.

I bought the dip at 3.90 so we'll see what happens

>you bought at 4.60 this morning

Please kill me

also if this doesn't hit 5 tomorrow I'm gonna SHIT

Bought at 4.30

WAKE ME UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
CAN'T WAKE UP

You fucked up

Hello Limbert

which broker to use? from denmark if it matters.

same, i fucking hate myself. I hesitated to buy when it was 3.60 ish and ended up buying at 4.70

>so all this is because of an oldfag hipster burger who knows how to make antivirus software and is a murder suspect in some mexican country.

and then you ask yourself why you have shit like 2008 and other retard bubbles. don't get me wrong I am angered as any other user for not making a ten-bagger on it, but even if someone told me a month ago the same info I have today, still I wouldn't invest a cent into $MGT.

Good luck nonetheless.

Oh no some frogposting neet loser wouldn't buy 500 shares. What ever will the company do?

>Not putting your faith into absolute madmen

I bet you talked shit on Elon too

Good news

businessinsider.com/john-mcafee-mgt-stock-2016-5

Expect it to skyrocket with all the new publicity

I'm expecting to make a profit but I was down quite a bit for the entire day which felt like shit

I'm already $2k in the green. I'm betting on this crazy motherfucker because why not.

>/pol/'s meme magic creates political realism
>Veeky Forums's meme magic creates market patterns

it's all too real man...

>businessinsider.com/john-mcafee-mgt-stock-2016-5
this is great

>What ever will the company do?
Tell me fag, what will the company do? Is there some shit they are producing or offering?

>$4.18
>Bought at $1.66
Life is good.

Okay, no it's not, but my stocks are good.

why am i always late for this shit, fuck my life

probably gonna buy at the next dip regardless

>next dip

Dude it probably wont be til after noon tomorrow. Thats my guess

Do you think it will skyrocket again tomorrow from todays closing and then dip?

Like other anons said, Its the trend but how likely is it it will do that again?

Since this stock is #trending I think it will do the same thing again. Why don't we see this through?

Don't hold overnight. Never hold overnight. It could gap up but it's a risky position to be long into market open due to overnight trading that most people can't see. Where did you go long at?

Seems like it's slowing down senpai. But the market as a whole is down. Really hard to say. Buy at open of you're going to buy

Level 2 data showed a lot of buy orders being placed at $4.50-4.90 but they never got filled due to large volumes of sell orders holding the price to the $4.20-4.25 range. If more people buy at open then the buy orders already in place (assuming they weren't cancelled once they weren't filled at market close) should cause the price to break $5.00 which will attract even more buyers.

I bought at 3.90 and sold at 4.50
Not holding over night but it sucks cause my buy order never went through and I wasnt home this morning so i missed out on the 5 dollar peak. Oh well we will see what happens tomorrow.

It follows a pattern since Friday. Gaps up at AH, goes up 20-30 first hour and premarket then dips back down then sling shots to the next dollar and back down for lunch break

Also it's gaining tons of media attention even after some websites were trying to hide it for awhile (by not being on the list of chart toppers).

People saying 5 is the magic number for big funds to start placing money

the gig is up articles today trashing it, trashing McAfee etc. got out at 4.65 not bad. See you next fags
Keep your eyes open.

it has only begun

the worst case scenario is a bubble within this bubble tomorrow when people read up about it and word gets around how it's literally the most traded stock in America.

That's when I'll sell and make a whopping $20

New SEC filing is up. We're landing on the moon on Friday, boys.

holy shit. split @ 20.00 when?

just $20? or do you mean 20 per share?

just $20

I only bought 50 shares @ 4.31

I was overly skeptical about the stock and just bought it for funsies

also I'm a poorfag

well 20 bucks is better than nothing

All aboard!!!

between now and then there will be a significant dip, but this is amazing news.

Absolute madman

whats the best online broker to with?

Ya dip was 30 mins before closing.

Sweety.

MY COCK

Robinhood if you can get it.

placing an order for 1488 shares. Will I regret this decision?

Of course not, white man.

Ravioli Ravioli you're coming in too lateioli

Hardly. You'll be happy when it hits $50/share

>Cybersecurity expert John McAfee and a team of four other hackers, using their own servers located in a remote section in the mountains of Colorado, were able to read an encrypted WhatsApp message.
- 15 May 2016

Only if the reason people invested in MGT is because McAfee found the possibility to hack Whatsapp. Which means his new company could offer security services for Whatsapp which is owned by Facebook.

Now what would happen if people found out that just 2 hours ago, this was reported as a hoax.

>was reported as a hoax
citation needed All I saw was a hate article filled with rampant speculation

the price would dip a bit and let me buy it at a better price. Then I'd make even more money.

Moxie Marlinspike, who developed the encryption protocol used in WhatsApp and assisted in implementing it, told Gizmodo that McAfee also admitted his plan to him. “Some reporters that had been contacted by McAfee about a demo [...] got in touch with me,” Marlinspike told Gizmodo. “I talked to McAfee on the phone, he reluctantly told me that it was a malware thing with pre-cooked phones, and all the outlets he’d contacted decided not to cover it after he gave them details about how it’d work.”

Here is a full statement sent to Gizmodo after a phone interview with John McAfee. The phone interview discussed whether McAfee had hacked WhatsApp and whether he tried to mislead reporters. The “article” in question is the piece in Cybersecurity Ventures:

>Here is my formal response - written:

>I, perhaps wrongly, assume that people actually read articles that interest them rather than just headlines. If you actually READ the article, which you apparently did not, I made it absolutely CLEAR that was was NOT a WhatsApp issue. It was a Google issue. You slam me for tweeting an article, who’s headline you do not like. Surely, the article is what is important, not the headline. If I am wrong, them we as a society, are fucked Please quote me word for word if you have the fucking balls. Which, I know in advance, you do not.

>Of course the phones had malware on them. How that malware got there is the story, which we will release after speaking with Google. It involves a serious flaw in the Android architecture.

Update: This post has been updated to include more details about McAfee being shifty with the press, and to specify the nature of Gizmodo’s inquiries to McAfee for comment.

Well let's see what happens.

I think the point is moreso that there's a weak link in the system.

The weakest point is always where hackers will be targeted. China is now scanning each phone manufacturer including apple for their security. Any flaws are exploitable by hackers and this goes for banks, government data, cyberterrorism etc.

Mcafee is a household name and invented the antivirus and anti spyware. He plans on bringing in other players and new tech that have been working on firewalls and stuff.

Even if he isn't as great as he used to be, consumers will use it because of the brand name. His brand presence is definitely a powerhouse and legendary in cybersecurity.

>Have an autistic sweaty obsession with MGT
>Check Veeky Forums every 20 minutes to see what people are saying
>Since 6am

same. watching since .34 when i saw a news headline about mcafee and MGT. had no liquidity for three days after that headline and haven't had the balls to buy in. there is nothing propping this price up except hype. reminds me of the cartoon where the coyote runs off the edge of a cliff and is fine until he realizes there's nothing solid underfoot.

So the guy who wrote the encryption that McAfee hacked is your source that it's a hoax?

lol how much is WhatsApp paying you?

welcome to the club

is CBYL the next MGT?

Holy shit. Need to watch this tomorrow. After hours is nice and sustained

>tfw robinhood application is still processing
>then have to wait for funds to transfer

I would rather buy some CBYL with a small bit of money and see where it goes without worrying about premium

Literally pump and dump.

Because World War III may have just started.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/super-rich-were-first-to-bail-when-lehman-collapse-ripped-stocks
Then read this:
forbes.com/sites/adamsarhan/2016/05/17/george-soros-sells-stocks-buys-more-gold-why-investors-should-care/
>Soros buys gold
>probably predicts global economic catastrophe

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931325/Super-rich-buying-property-New-Zealand-bolthole-case-west-goes-meltdown.html
>1% (greatest allies) buying property to escape their execution or general world conflict

It get's worse:
nytimes.com/2016/05/18/us/politics/senate-passes-bill-that-would-expose-saudi-arabia-to-legal-jeopardy-over-9-11.html
>Saudi's threaten to destroy the US economy over 9/11 conspiracy

>Jews panic
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/05/17/geller-trump-jews-david-horowitz-right/

reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-election-idUSKCN0Y317X
>News already trying to pin the blame on Trump when jews literally jewing the economy as we speak

Maybe its just my bank (usaa) but my funds were available right away when I do transfers.

w-wells f-fargo over here