How to filter namefags & tripfags

Seeing as we've recently recruited some new namefag/tripfag talent to the board, I'd like to remind Veeky Forums about how to filter them and subsequently bitch less about their existence:

1. Click Settings (bottom/top of page)

2. Click Filters & Post Hiding

3. Toggle and Edit "Filter and highlight specific threads/posts"

4. Toggle "On", "Auto", and "Hide". Leave "Boards" empty. Then enter a pattern:

For namefags, like "user" for example, add this (as type "Name"):

user

For tripfags utilizing ordinary tripcodes, like user !TRIPcode, add this (as type "Tripcode"):

!TRIPcode

For tripfags utilizing secure tripcodes, like user !!TRIPcode, add this (as type "Tripcode"):

!!TRIPcode

5. Click "Save" and "Save Settings".

You can also filter tripfags on a name-basis ("user" for example). This will allow your filter to persist even if they switch username passwords and get new tripcodes.

Only stubs will be left of comments made by these users.

---

You can also filter comments containing specific words, like "duck" or the names of tripfags, by using a comment type filter.

Complete threads containing specific words can can also be filtered, through the "Filters" menu in Catalog.

If you use Veeky Forums X (browser extension), then you can also filter out the stubs of the comments.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/reports/new-users
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks op

can tripfags please post in this thread so it is easier to filter. thanks

warosu.org/fa/reports/new-users

please note that it's not completely accurate.

:^)

new to Veeky Forums, been here for about two months, what the fuck is this tripcode shit? someone explain pls

When you post you have three windows available. One of them is the Name window.

If you leave the Name window empty, you post as Anonymous.

If you enter text into the windows, you post with a specified name.

If you enter name#password, you post with a so called "tripcode" (somewhat easy to crack).

If you enter name##password, you post with a so called "secure tripcode" (very hard to crack).

kill me now

Sure

I won't filter u buddy we've been through 2 much 2gether

Why do people bitch about tripfags so much? It just seems so insignificant of a thing to worry about.

Gladly filtering this fat fuck

Because its an anonymous message board, trips are for people who need attention

it's ok, no shame

I too would like to know this, I'm pretty sure it's just groupthink at this point.

dgaf

>taking Veeky Forums this seriously

just take a moment to imagine what OP looks like lads

I think this is exactly why people kill themselves ._.

Ima nobody attention whore and my old pics make me wanna kys. Now imagine world famous artists who are renowned for their artistic integrity and so deep art and shit... Imagine how they feel looking back, being sick and ashamed to death of their old shit.

>"Tripcode"

ta da

got it

i wanna try out as well

jydetyujd

"tripcode" ?

trips were ok when we had trips w/ shit to say
like trunks, pigfuck (maybe not pigfuck), knoch, birthday etc

>unironically including birthday

lmao he was a bottom bitch who dressed like shit and didn't know anything

talk shit post fit bitchboy, he actually contributed

>warosu.org/fa/reports/new-users
damn I'm brand fucking new

by contributing you mean made thread about himself that he samefagged to 300 posts?

theres a reason he was kicked out of every chat he ever tried joining he's an absolutely insufferable faggot who doesn't know anything