The Armenian Genocide

Did it happen? Why do people deny that it did?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/03/world/europe/armenian-genocide-germany-turkey.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_volunteer_units
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish–Armenian_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Uprising
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_resistance_in_German-occupied_Europe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

denial happens becuase the turks admiting it would require apologizing for it, would require giving certain things to armenians....denial allows the turks to say "it might have happened but its not our buisness, we didnt do it, not acountable whatsoever, it was a different time"

it's interesting because even very liberal turks I know refuse to call it a genocide. Cent Ugyur too (although I would hesitate to call him liberal).

>I would hesitate to call him liberal
Why?

Why the hell would Turks need to apologize for it? It happened a century ago

Yes.

Because Turkey is an extremely key US ally, and we don't get mad at countries that are our extremely important allies.

armenians are scum and they probably had it coming

seriously, those shitskinned jews ruin every neighborhood they move in to

Citation needed

nobody give a shit about it until 10 years ago, some european leaders, like sarkozy, were out of argument for not letting turkey in in the european union. They started to accused them of being nazi since it's the ultimate insult for them. I don't know much about the armenian dispora in the usa but here in europe nobody give a shit about it before that.

>it's the ultimate insult for them
explain

t. Turkroach

>out of argument for not letting turkey in in the european union
Another classic Turkroach delusion.
The EU does not need arguments to keep Turkroachistan out,
Turkroachistan needs arguments to be let in.
Your shit leader Erdogan is actively grasping for straws to divert attention away from its transformation from democracy to despotism so any topic is welcome.

Polarizing the people gives the media and Nationalists something to argue about while Erdogan can steal more and more power.

Because lazy shit subhumans will always demand their gibmedats if they can find an excuse. Just look at half of asia in relation to the nips, dindus in burgerland, a small minority of nips about internment camps, and of course the jews.

What really disgusts me about this kind of thing is people basically trying to make a profit off of the suffering of their families. That's no way to honor their memory.

I don't doubt that it happened, for sure most of Anatolia went through a rough period of Turkification of the many native populations. Population was also transferred between Greeks and Turks etc. I doubt it was a "genocide" as in that that the Turks had accurate plans to remove all Armenians and have them killed, they just wanted them out of the country and didn't particulary care what would happen to them on the long marches, hunter, disease with few villages ethnically cleansed.

Arguably the Turks would be better off just giving a formal apology but not claiming any responsibility for Ottoman-era crimes done a century ago.

From historical perspective I can fully understand the need for Turks to secure their own country, even if it meant removing people who had been there possibly longer than they had. They had just lost their whole Empire, lost a war and faced Hungary-tier partitioning.

>explain
being called a nazi in a western society is like being a barbarian, a monster that should be killed. You just have to suspect someone of being antisemitc for killing him socialy.

at that time(around 2004-2005) letting turkey in the EU was a serious topic, all the leftist were ok because it will show to the world how tolerant(moral superiority) and great they are. O fcourse they don't give a shit about the consequence because for them a turk, an arabs, an african, is just an human with different skin who need to be maternize and bring to the light of "droit de l'homme". For the record i'm against turkey in EU, that's nonsense.

what genocide?

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/03/world/europe/armenian-genocide-germany-turkey.html

This one

Turks deny it*

They are among the biggest filth in human history.
>im not Armenian
>Serbian
>Bulgarian
>yada yada, you dont need to be from the balkans n shit to know they are filth

Remove Kebab

It wasn't a genocide. Just mass killing of an ethnic group.

t. Roach

here's how it goes OP, the whole shitshow started when the armenians betrayed the Ottomans during WW1. The Ottoman empire was very protective of Armenia, hindering Russian invasions of the Nation and allowing it to be autonomous, the Armenians had to pay a small tax but they could live their lives freely.

When Ottomans and Russians went to war with each other Armenians decided to side with the Russians. They send Insurgents all over the Ottoman empire killing civilians, and terrorising the lands. The Ottoman empire had enough and send a few soldiers and commanders to Armenia. There, the Commanders ignored the Sultans orders and massacred Armenian civilians, perhaps to avenge the people that died because of Armenian insurgents. Once the Sultan found this out, he punished every officer and apologized to the Armenians.

The conflict was actually over and nobody bothered but after the Holocaust Genocide became a serious matter, and I'm guessing that Brits somewhat told the Armenians they should get repertations just like the Jews.

Its pretty funny, Turkey has been trying to fix the Armenian relationship for years but I guess friendly turk-armenian relations will probably never happen

Did you just come with facts
instead of Facebook opinions
wtf

There is this exact same comment, nonsensical word for nonsensical word, in every thread about the Armenian Genocide. It's funny that the roach typing it is trying to sound casual but clearly has this stored away to c/p for every new thread.

Insects crawl on the ground trying to go unseen, and Turkroaches pretend not to be non-turkroaches on flag user boards.

nice argument you got there
you should post it on 9gag or reddit
I am sure they will agree

Arguments are for statements with proof, you just talked out of your cercus.

>The Kardashians
>Maddox
>System of a Down
>Anita Sarkeesian
>Dan Bilzerian

Maybe the Turks weren't so wrong...

It definitely was a genocide, but I can't really blame Turks for it. I would've done the same thing too, it's dangerous to have a million Christians living in your crumbling empire that could conspire with Russians or with Europe. I still want Turkey to admit to it, though, and I don't want GIBSMEDATS either.

P.S. My hatred for turks doesn't come from the genocide, turk-hate is a pretty universal thing

I like maddox, fuck you.

I used to like him until he made a video defending cuckoldry.

You had me at Kardashian.

>liking Maddox after he got so buttblasted over the word cuck (despite being a self-proclaimed badass troll) that he ended his podcast and broke off his friendship and professional relationship with the guy that made it listenable

It's funny actually. When world war 1 was over the Armenians were boasting how much they fought Turks so they could get a slice in the partitioning of the sevres treaty.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_volunteer_units

>Besides the regular soldiers of the Russian Caucasus Army, nearly 20,000 Armenian irregular units expressed their readiness to take up arms against the Ottoman Empire as early as 1914. The size of these units increased during the war and Boghos Nubar gave the summary of these units in a public latter to the Paris Peace Conference, 1919 as 150,000 Armenians in the Russian Empire's volunteer units and 50,000 Armenian irregular units.[4]

And then the treaty didn't happen because turks beat back the french and greeks. Then this happened

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish–Armenian_War

So the tl;dr here is pretty simple. They wanted clay. They failed to get it with war and violence. So now they try to get something with propaganda.

>Constantinople
>Mamluk Sultanate
>Tunis
>Persia
>Mecca and Medina
>Balkans

Maybe [insert enemy of t*rks here] weren't so wrong...

Only one really Armenian is System of the down. The rest are like calling your average American a German or Irish because their great great X grandparents were.

fuck Armenians, they need to stop coming to CA, and leave me alone. Too many of them in CA. They are like Jews and Gypsies with money.

What genocide?

What is wrong with Armenians defending themselves from a government trying to exterminate them?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Uprising

Would these justify wiping out the Irish and Polish races (and the British and Russians weren't even trying massacre them).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_resistance_in_German-occupied_Europe

Does this justify the Holocaust?

>Armenians defending themselves from a government trying to exterminate them?

Nice meme. 2 Falses in 1 sentence.

1. Government tried to deport them from the warzone, not exterminate. Hunger, disease and Kurdish gangs mostly did that.
2. Learn to read. >20,000 Armenian irregular units expressed their readiness to take up arms against the Ottoman Empire as early as 1914

It wasn't defending. It was joining in with Russians on a campaign to take east Anatolia.

>Turkey has been trying to fix the Armenian relationship for years
Yet refuses to go "Yes, the genocide happened and we're very sorry... but it was a long time ago. Sorry :^("

What a level of dedication to patching things up.
>b-but it didn't happen! h-honestly! [angry roach noises]
Realpolitik faggot. Nations are like wives: easier to convince them you're sorry than convince them it didn't happen.

Vae victis faggot, they lost the war they started themselves attacking the turks which were already occupied in a two front wars against the greeks, brit and the french for more clay. boo-fucking-hoo. i have no symphaty for these retards