Religious Shitposting

What's up with all the religious shitposting on Veeky Forums? Here's yet another example:

There is a thread titled "Religion poll", which obviously has response bias out of its ass. Additionally Atheism is only listed as last option, so someone who is nominally Christian, but de facto Atheist, may still identify as Christian in the poll: Then there's another thread, just titled "Veeky Forums POLL TIME", without response bias. No Belief / Atheism is here the first option, since the reverse of the above mentioned effect is not true - a Christian believer will never identify as Atheist: The difference in results? In the unbiased poll, 49% identify as Atheists, and 19% as "Other" - deists, pagans, and non-mainstream religions. So 68% of people on Veeky Forums do not identify with mainstream religions. The biased poll, shows this number at only 43% ("Atheists" + "Deists"). So a difference of 25%!

There's loads of religious shitposting going on in threads that are unrelated to religion, and religious recruitment too. Something needs to be done about this, or this board will soon turn into pure religious shit-flinging. It's "History & Humanities", not "Religion & anti-Science".

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10407759/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they can hide behind the cover of "humanities" to claim that they're on board topics and thus avoid the displeasure of mods and jans.

It's all the fucking Christians and their victim complex.

>posted in a thread started by an assblasted atheist wondering why people are talking about philosophical topics on a humanities board

this

the victim complex is central in keeping the Christcuckolry myth alive

Idk senpai, there seems to be a lot of Catholic anti-protestant stuff going on, I'm wondering if it's a few /pol/ grognards or not.

Some of it most definitely is. I was on /pol/ before the creation of Veeky Forums and I recognize one of the proddie guys posting style from back there. Wolfshiem used to be on /pol/ as well.

Oh thanks for clearing it up, it just gets old after a while to see it day after day. I do love theology and all, but damn son.

Part of the problem is we don't even get theology. It's just the text equivalent of those guys on street corners shouting about have you met Jesus or the like.

It is hard to discuss theology because most guys just try to force their special snowflake brand of a Jesus or whatever.

>we don't even get theology
May I humbly recommend: ?

Sure, non-normative theology but theology nonetheless :3

bamp

It needs a containment board or better yet just a site wide ban(but that probably wont happen). Veeky Forums was never expected to attract religious nuts.

strawpoll.me/10407759/

You're a minority.

I just like acting retarded online

Then we should find you and burn your house down :)

another bamp against religious shitposting

last bamp

>Agnosticism is lumped with Atheism
>SEE MOST ARE ATHEIST WHEN THERE'S NO BIAS
All right, buddy

ah yes
yet another reddit tier whining thread by the resident atheists outraged that people disagree with hem

no such thing as an "agnostic" my friend

Sorry I'm not an autist, so I'm afraid there is.