I listen to a lot of jazz, but I want everyone to know I listen to jazz...

I listen to a lot of jazz, but I want everyone to know I listen to jazz. How can I dress so people know I listen to jazz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xDAsABdkWSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FULL

Why on earth would you want it?

Turtlenecks

This. Black turtleneck, black jeans, shines black leather boots, dark glasses.

Only problem with turtlenecks is that it's gonna be summer soon in Boston, and it gets too hot for that shit

so that people can know that I'm a cool cat who listens to jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fuck you all, it seems out of some anime stereotype. Do any of you really listen to jazz?
Also turtlenecks are hideous, just saying.

you have no taste user

here i got you

Literally the first result when I Google image search for "jazz musician clothing style"

Yes, I listen to jazz, did you not read my post?

I'm looking for something with a bit more subtlety. I want people to look at me and think "I feel like that cool guy listens to jazz, I also think he's cool".

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

this one's less subtle, which i know you didn't ask for, but i worked p hard on it and thought maybe you'd like it anyway

this one's definitely better. Very elegant and well written. Where can I buy?

w2c?

only ideas in my head (and HEART) right now but i can start a kickstarter/gofundme/patreon if you want to make my dreams come true and be blessed with nice fits from me

>he clearly doesn't listen to jazz

Firstly, OP is a fag. Secondly, jazz is far from mainstream nowadays I doubt if there's something like a comtemporary jazz style it's something the average joe is able to easily recognize.
That said, I'm gonna dump some inspo from the "good old days".

watch pic related for inspo

The movie is about folk artists, wtf are you on about

what op is asking is basically bohemian-core, so anything similar to that will be ok

jazz spans over a hundreds years you fucknut it could literally be anything

how is that relevant

That's what happens when guys who now nothing about the genre post.

Are you a pretty boy?

OP BTFO

But I agreed, I just didn't want to cause of the weather

THRIFT

ONE guy, by far not one of the most famous ones is using a turtleneck. However you seem to be trying to portray it as a key piece of the jazz wardrobe.

op, kys

I think what came to most of our minds is beatnik style based on most of the suggestions

These are mine.

What's the point of getting into jazz if you don't wear jazz t shirts ?

Are you serious? It seems like a metalhead thing.

Or like this. Just regular fit everything. Make people think you're different than them but not in a childish/edgy way. More like "i've levitated way above you".

*tips fedora and glass of chocolate milk*

Nope It's everyone's thing

And you know, mix it up with other kinds of music because it's more patrician to just like music and not some particular type of music. Try to listen to albums, not individual songs. Discover albums by setting the RYM search to 'esoteric' and start with the very last page.

Getting into music and bettering my self image gives meaning to my life in a weird way.

where do you get your shirts?

Wear ironic (but not tumblr ironic) t shirts, chino, and slip ons or other low top shoes that are not too sporty, no show socks, and cardigan. All regular fit. Don't forget brown tortoise glasses. And ONLY drink black coffee. Don't eat too much sweets cus liking sugar is pretty plebeian. Don't wear watch cus it's not functional, just, have different principles.

The jazz and beach boys ones from uniqlo, the punk ones from local band shirt store.

Plain white/black shirt/pants/shoes

youtube.com/watch?v=xDAsABdkWSc

the Smile shirt looks pretty nice desu
i just got the Help! and the Birth of Cool ones

Learn to play an instrument, you fag.

and i can, i can play guitar, drum, and i can sing.

No, I mean well. That GG Allin tee gets me very suspicious. You're on a jazzhead thread talking about being patrician, you're supposed to know music theory, you're supposed to play well. If that is true, how can you like that shitte? That's not patrician at all.

i like the kind of energy and aesthetic GG Allin has. like, white trash punk, pretty interesting feel when i listen to it. and i don't play music anymore because what's the point if i'm not in a band ? but i just like how albums make me feel. the melodies often have these atmosphere that i enjoy.

>i like the kind of energy and AESTHETIC GG Allin has.
The guy literally eated his own shit. And you consider yourself patrician. You're really on the wrong thread, GTFO HERE.

That's pathetic

underrated post

>went on a first date with a girl
>one of the first few questions I get asked is "Do you listen to jazz? You just look like someone who listens to jazz?"
>mfw I actually do

Gypsy Jazz and Oscar Peterson are pretty based desu. I was wearing thick glasses, a sweater and subtle puppytooth pattern trousers

How fucking infuriating can you faggots be

W2c?

this is the type of thing I dream of, except replace "girl on first date" with "anyone walking down the street"

Sea Green OCBD

striped shirts? Velvet shirts? Shirts tucked into high waisted pants with a skinny belt? Shiny black ankle boots? Definitely glasses.

Maybe look Veeky Forums

this

it's julien david

This is Motown casual, not Jazz.