Taking care of yourself

Female use daycream, nightcream, anti-agecream, facemask, skinpeeling and oil shampoo to keep their skin perfect. The cosmetic industry is enormous and rich thanks to this.

What about men? Most men use literally no products. Maybe facecream is considered feminine, but I think that's a little bit redicilous? Sure, make-up are for girls, but taking care of your skin and look good as a human being, feminine? But do men need it?

Do you guys (men) use any cream or products for looking good and keep your body and skin in good shape?

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/kant-aesthetics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>make-up are for girls.
This is not necessarily the case. Pic related.

As for myself, I recently started giving more of a shit about how I look, so purchased some facial moisturizer with 20spf that I'm trying to use daily. I've also replaced my electric razor with a double sided safety razor, so I'm now using pre-shave, shaving cream, and aftershave. I did this to get a closer shave and cut down on bumps and imperfections my electric left me with, though as a complete beginner who keeps cutting himself and missing spots I look far worse than I did before - I'm confident his will get better with time, practice, and youtube videos.

I am considering a night cream and thinking heavily about the cologne I wear, though I don't think I'd ever bother with makeup.

>t. 6 that wants to be a high 7 low 8

as stupid as the stigma against men and makeup is be thankful it exists, for now its the only thing stopping marketers and corporations from also tricking hundreds of millions of men into thinking they need to apply some Name Brand Chemicals™ to their face to look acceptable in public

that being said there's a difference between makeup and skin care. its nice to use an exfoliant and stuff every once and a while, as long as you know what you're using and read the label.

women need skincare products that much because they shit up their face first by wearing tons of makeup since they're 12. Men don't have that problem so they practically don't have to cafe for their skin (save for acne or other skin issues). A moisturizer is nice but what's important is to keep yourself hydrated and a good diet and no smoking.

AM
>Cleanser
>Exfoliate
>Sunscreen

PM
>Cleanser
>Exfoliate
>Moisturizer

Shave properly using a good razer, good shaving soap, and good after shave.

Take cold showers, stay hidhratted.

Taking care of your skin is easy and everyone should do it. Check Tuxbell and Skincare General for more detailed info.

What cleanser do you use? I use pic related, I think it's drying me out and contributing to ingrown hairs.

My skin is not oily at all.

this pretty much, this user ha the basics down The skincare general I made is still up so check there and ask questions instead of making new threads like this. Also the pastebins are in there too i think.

Also reddits skincareaddictions is also a place you may wanna check since Veeky Forums is generally slow.

>inb4 leddit

Don't be an autist, it's a legitimate sub with decent if not better info than here in some cases.

The only part of this chart I agree with is the 9s. They are definitely very attractive. There are examples in the categories from 6 to 8 that don't make sense to me. Third from the left in 6 is more attractive than first from the left in 8. Second from the left in 7 is more attractive than first through four in 8. Just my opinion.

Actually, additionally, I want to point out scaling people in attractiveness by a number is stupid. The only things that definitive are people that are very ugly and people that are very attractive. Everything in between is subjective and people are drawn to specific traits sometimes by hereditary means. Hair and eye colour also plays a big part in how people perceive attractiveness and I've noticed consistently people rate brunettes higher than people with other hair colours. Qualities like nose shape, lips, and even body weight can be deterrents or attractions to completely separate people. You people take this shit too seriously.

Is it really that important to wash your face in the morning?

I just do it in the evening and use stridex. Usually daily, although I forget some.

Also fucking floss, you missing out if you don't

I think if you can get away with just doing in the evenings, go for it. Less is more and all that.

and irreversibly ruin their skin age 25. it's like heroin addiction, you need it to carry on even tho it's killing you

If you are the dry type, don't use deep cleaning products for your face. Don't use cleansers that create foam either, use the cream one. Remember to moisturize a lot.

Why do I need to floss

Tfw perfect skin
Except black dots on nose

CeraVe foaming facial cleanser, might not help if your skin is dry though.

Friendly reminder the Skincare General pastebin is mostly just info ripped from skincareaddiction anyways.

I tend to agree. I just posted the chart because I thought it was interesting and relevant - even if the photos are fucked. At least the text makes some degree of hierarchical sense, even if it's hardly 100% objective.

And that's the word - objective. We can at least attempt objectivity, for MOST people - fitness, for example, is more attractive than flabbiness, and smooth clear skin is more desirable than pimpled, pockmarked skin - but at the end of the day, it's in the eye of the beholder.

If you're interested at all, Kant had a lot to say on this subject:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/kant-aesthetics/

My skin is not dry, it's just not oily. For example, even in puberty, I've never had a major acne problem. It's one of the advantages of being HighEst.

I'm just looking for ways to take my (fairly) good skin and bring it to the next level.

I feel the cleanser I'm using is servicable but not great, so I'm looking for way to upgrade. I'm also just getting started with my daily sunblock/moizturizer, and selecting a nightly moisturizer.

So if there are any recs for that, otherwise, I'll check that sub out.

>was depressed earlier this year
>barely ate anything
>skin was the best it has ever been

wtf

You probably weren't eating very healthy stuff before. Not eating won't help your skin, but not eating garbage will.

I never used to floss but my dentist always grinds my shit because I am real close to getting severe gingivitis

my teeth are my best feature and even your gums need to be cleaned daily

>AM
>>Cleanser
>>Exfoliate
>>Sunscreen
>PM
>>Cleanser
>>Exfoliate
>>Moisturizer

Where's shaving fit in on routines?

golden mask against acne

1 tablespoon of honey