Raf Simons and CFDA Awards

Raf Simons has won, both, Menswear and Womanswear Designer of the Year with his debut collection at Calvin Klein.

Other urls found in this thread:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2017-ready-to-wear/calvin-klein
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Commencing dump

1/66 from Vogue
vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2017-ready-to-wear/calvin-klein

I'm going to away, so if anyone would like to volunteer to post after image #8 that would be cool.

In the meantime please feel free to discuss The CFDAs and the Calvin Klein show.

Personal fav. of what's been posted

Raf Simons is now a cheap devalued meme
like Versace, D&G etc

I used to wear Calvin Klein collection a lot. Underrated brand. Shit is well made

Everyone thinks it's from Macy's though. But man summer casual looks good with them

raf didnt deserve either award

calvin slim modal tees are arguably the best slim fit t shirt on the market

who do you think deserved the awards?

Really like the formal wear, digging the shape of the collars and lapels, also liking that it looks sort of big but not baggy, need to move away from the slim meme

Wonder what the price point will be though?

Who would you say deserved it? Bunch of runways I haven't checked out

Raf didn't deserve it imo. He's degraded over the years, love the guy but most of the stuff he puts out these days are just memes or rich chink tier.

That's not collection though.

Calvin Klein collection = runway made I. Italy well made

Who do you think deserved the menswear award?

I really liked Thom Browne and Robert Geller

I think overall I'd rank
Thom Browne>Robert Geller>Raf for Calvin Klein>Todd Snyder>Tim Coppens

a fucking subhuman slav having an opinion lmao

nice opinion,mind asking where are you from?

Actually, I am Jewish.
So I am superior to you, lowly goy pig.

Reminder to try to justify your opinion

I see he was also gunning for the Ugliest Shirt of All Time award.

he reversed the 1990 meme of blouse with transparent sleeve

Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez (Proenza Schouler) should have won women's, though i wouldn't have been upset with altuzarra winning

Robert Geller for menswear, wouldn't be upset with Coppens winning given the current state of fashion and its fascination with athleticwear
i wasn't saying it was collection, it was just a side comment

Can't go wrong with Thom desu. Recently started liking his stuff more
L-L O N D O N

Best one desu

senpai
cuck
desu
baka

>>accentuate the length of my arms and neck
weird.
>> hip to be square starts playing
Why do the women's pants look so loose at the waist? It can't be remotely practical
lel
e
l
Mildly annoyed we can't see the tops under these jackets.

Yo wtf is with the nacho cheese dorito shoes

Ahh nice to see the bukkake spray pattern at the bottom there, just to let everyone know we're all thinking the same thing.

You're ugly tho

>>Sigourney Weaverthe T1000 emerging from a wall.

i swear every designer has to do some sheer top

shit is so played out

Who is this model?

KEK

And that's it. Congratulations to all the participants! Feel free to post anything related to the CFDA.

>Womenswear Designer of the Year
Raf Simons for Calvin Klein

>Menswear Designer of the Year
Raf Simons for Calvin Klein

>Accessory Designer of the Year
Stuart Vevers for Coach
>Swarovski Award for Emerging Talent
Laura Kim and Fernando Garcio for Monse

>Swarovski Award for Positive Change
Kenneth Cole

>Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award
Rick Owens

>Founder's Award
Pat McGrath

>International Award
Demna Gvasalia for Vetements and Balenciaga

>Board of Directors' Tribute
Cecile Richards
Gloria Steinem
Janelle Monae

>Fashion Icon Award
Franca Sozzani

>posters: 15

what happened to the lovers of the art of fashion

fucking god bless raf

they must have given him wide creative latitude, some of these looks could have easily run down his own runway, the styling is a little reigned in on some looks but he is hitting all the right marks. he has been drawing deep from the 70s in the patterns and proportions (like the huge collars) i have always liked his use of vibrant, elementary colors. its not just necromancy though, there are some original spins on things like the shrug arms and the plastic covered coats. love the floral print superimposed over the check print with the american flag dress, wow. actually the more i look at this the more i like it. theres some seriously bold styling going on.

this is a breath of new life into the brand. nice job raf.

just saw the quilt lined parka. raf the absolute madman. i will be over the moon if he used actual polyester in any of these looks.

I feel like so many of these pieces are phoned in. In many cases the forms are unoriginal, the colors uninteresting or just poorly matched, and the overall outfits feel super lackluster. There are definitely exceptional highs but is the bar really this low for best of the year?

in particular

It definitely was a slow year for fashion in my opinion. There was an article I can't seem to find at the moment that touched on this subject. I definitely know where you are coming from though.

Veeky Forums is no longer about fashion, it's things related to clothing. The demographic of Veeky Forums has changed now that fashion isn't much of a niche subject. It's quantity over quality now, which is a subjective opinion. Some might like it, some might not, but it's very nice that there are so many people interested in how they look now compared to a couple years before. We still have some designer deiscussions, but it's all off-board i.e Discord.

even more pathetic kike

can I get an invite to the Veeky Forums discord please?

These are pretty good