Is running or exercise/cardio good for the skin in general?

Is running or exercise/cardio good for the skin in general?
Is sweating helpful for skin, on face specifically?

Well running is good for you, but you definitely DON'T want sweat sitting on your face. Facial grease will give you zits. Drink lots of water, and shower after exercising. A good moisturizer if you have dry skin maybe?

running is not good. it increases your heart rate which makes you age faster

lmao i love this place

this scene was pretty badass desu

Sweating is amazing for skin as long as you clean off the sweat and hydrate again.

Lmaoo

sweat does not hydrate your skin it is ment to reduce your body temp

He didn't say it hydrates, he just said it's "amazing" for your skin. Which I'm not sure how.

it always seems to help my skin, if i shower after a run probably cause it opens my pores

Nigga did you pass the first grade of elementary?

It helps by opening pores and its a regular way of your body "cleaning" itself. The "cleaning toxins" meme is cancer but they are sorta right on this one.

Same way sauna helps you clear your face for a bit.

This is common knowledge, he meant hydrate by drinking water since you lost it by sweating.

that user may not be fully right but do you guys know anything about oxygen and what it does to body?

>Well running is good for you, but you definitely DON'T want sweat sitting on your face. Facial grease will give you zits.

Actually this is really bad advice

If your face is dirty, go ahead and wash it. If you touch your face a lot with your hands, stop.

But over cleansing is not a good thing, it means you are probably compensating for poor diet. Go vegetarian. Keep running. Don't drink alcohol. Get enough sleep, and wash your pillowcase.

The "sweat" of a healthy person is in fact a protective layer of many beneficial things, it is not grease. Enzymes, pH modifers, even beneficial bacteria. I don't know what to say to people who believe their sweat is bad for the skin. Its not bad for my skin. Sometimes I shower I just use a little soap. No special "cleansers" or "creams" or any bullshit. When I tried any of those things it just messes up the skin and clogs pores, I think a lot of people are really brainwashed into buying this stuff

I run every day and eat vegetarian and dont spend an excessive amount of time in the sun, and I don't even shower or wash my face every day. I've been like this for years so I'm a lot healthier than the average burger or someone who doesn't sweat or work out every single day.

Too many people just abuse their faces with creams and grease and makeup and eat shitty food, and pick and rub their faces.

When I took most all of this advice, my face was amazing. Accutane helped, but the after that clearing up the small stuff was done with doing barely anything to my face but shaving.

I do all of your points except for the vegetarian thing. I could never do that, I love Taco Bell, Subway and even that McDonald's shit.
Skin looks great though. Who would've thought the solution was barely a "solution" at all.

oh I also use this. Never thought I'd get an even skin tone until this.

sweating is a way your body release toxins from ur body

idk how that wouldn't be a good thing

Just don't be an autismo and wash ur face after u run

But what if you sweat extremely much every day especially on your head and face
Could that be the reason I'm balding?

Best way to heal ingrown hairs? I get them on my chest time to time and they start red and quickly turn to pus filled pustules? Not sure if this is folliculitis or not. I usually get tweezers and pull the hair, which cures the pus and size, but now I'm stuck with almost scab-like marks that take a long time to heal.

Moisturizing is the key with these right? They aren't really pimples so BP or SA wouldn't be necessary I think. How about neosporin or tea tree oil?

Thanks guys

>sweating is releasing toxins
you must do juice cleanses too amirite

Well SA is a BHA, which are chemical exfoliants. You can use Stridex or something on your chest after shaving.

yea it keeps you alive

pleb it is also what kills you

What do you do with witchhazel?

Healthy diet maybe??? Antioxidants do exist y'know

>12522459 isn't completely wrong, sweat doesn't have a scent its the bacteria the gives sweat a scent, know weather thats a "toxin" idk but it does open up pores so...

We should restrict the amounts of breaths then right? Would a man who takes in 35 breaths a minute live less than a man who takes in 15?

Put it on a cotton pad and rub it on your face.
Helps even tone.

yes. dogs take more than 45 breaths a minute while humans 18-20, also obvious heart rate differences. well don't dogs live siginifcantly less then humen?

exactly. why do we need anti oxidants?

thanks, I'm glad the red stridex pad can help.

Though instead of shaving my chest I use a electric trimmer to go down to like 3mm. Should I keep just applying the SA or just I actively use a sterilized tweezer to pull ingrown hair follicles that have pus?

how about you do something for the sake of doing what you feel like?
Jesus, man up, will you? Or do I need to post the stern-looking Varg Vikernes?

lmao

this is to do with metabolic rates, not breathing rate

Actually, it's opposite desu.

Running is bad for the body, joints, etc. long-term. You can do it fine when you're young. Once you get into your mid 30's, it will get harder.

Walking and running in the street or sidewalks can especially be bad for the knees and other joints because the side of the road you run/walk on is tilted or at an angle. This turns your knee inward, and can cause IT band syndrome or something worse.

So walking on a flat sidewalk might be okay, but many sidewalks aren't there or are slanted due to trees and other foundational issues.

The best thing to do long-term is to fast a few days a week. It speeds up the metabolism, and rejuvenates the body. For the skin, you can sun bathe 7-15 minutes each side around noon 3-5+ days a week, so long as you don't over due it and get sun burned. That will give you color and vitamin D.

>Running is bad for the body, joints, etc
lmao, do people actually believe this? I guess people will come up with any excuse to be lazy.
Running is not bad at all for your joints or body.
>Once you get into your mid 30's, it will get harder.
Not if you keep up with it. And of course things will get harder as you get into your 40s, that's part of aging. The health benefits you get from running are much more longer lasting than those you'll get from starving yourself.

aging is product of the oxidation, which is caused because of breathing. Reducing your breath take wont help reducing the oxidation, here is where antioxidants has a function. The result of oxidation are the free radicals, molecules that has lost an electron or more, and this make them prone to form bonds with other molecules like DNA, lipids and proteins, which end damaging these ones and make you get old, because anything that has to do with damage in the DNA is cancer, aging and much more deseases. antioxidants take the damage caused by free radicals instead of your DNA.

>lmao, do people actually believe this?

You will get old one day, young squire.

>I guess people will come up with any excuse to be lazy.

Nothing wrong with resistance training, but running isn't good when you get older.

>Running is not bad at all for your joints or body.

There's some dispute with this. There are benefits, but there are also risks of injury. And it's hard to say if it's worth the risk as you age, and the joints can take less banging.

>>Once you get into your mid 30's, it will get harder.
>Not if you keep up with it. And of course things will get harder as you get into your 40s, that's part of aging.

At least you admit it will get harder with age. Even if you keep it up, you're body will still age and be more susceptible to injury.

>The health benefits you get from running are much more longer lasting than those you'll get from starving yourself.

There's load of health benefits with fasting. Much more than running alone, and much less risk. Fasting is the oldest diet in history, prevents cancer, reverses aging, increases HGH by 2,000%, heals osteoarthritis, and more. The cardiovascular benefits from running can be gained from fasting and doing resistance training and short distance walking after your workout.

Fasting also lowers blood glucose, cures type 2 diabetes, lowers blood pressure, and lowers one's heart rate. So fasting is very good for the heart as well.

>There's some dispute with this. There are benefits, but there are also risks of injury. And it's hard to say if it's worth the risk as you age, and the joints can take less banging.
> but running isn't good when you get older
Where are you getting your info from? Running is will not destroy your knees or any joints. Cardiovascular health can't be achieved through dieting. Sprinting is the best workout you can do for a strong core.

swimming is better CV workout because you're supported by the water and it works basically every muscle. the issue with running is that every time you impact on the ground you're damaging your joints - old marathon runners all have absolutely fucked knees for this very reason

Go back to your thin threads.

>Where are you getting your info from?

My knees, son.

>Running is will not destroy your knees or any joints.

Not instantly. It takes time, and you might not get injured if you're careful. But the likelihood increases if you run/jog a lot on the street, which is tilted.

>Cardiovascular health can't be achieved through dieting.

It can through fasting, which reduces inflation, allows the heart to pump freely. You can do a light workout while fasting as well.

>Sprinting is the best workout you can do for a strong core.

You can do many core exercises without sprinting or running.

no u xd

>My knees, son.
Well scientifically, running is not bad for your knees. The more you exercise something the stronger it gets. Is lifting weights bad for your joints too?
> It can through fasting, which reduces inflation, allows the heart to pump freely
You cannot get the same cardio workout from fasting than you can from running.
>You can do many core exercises without sprinting or running.
Sprints are the best core workout, there isn't one part of the core it doesn't exercise. Crunches are a waste of time.

You can do resistance training (weights/bodyweight/resistance tubing or bands) for cardio and core. Just limit resting periods between sets.

>implying breathing isnt most important part of metabolism

you don't have to go full vegetarian just drastically reduce your sugar and stop eating processed crap like taco bell and mickey D's.

biologistfag here, antioxidant intake has fuck all to do with antioxidant levels in the cell
The relationship of oxidants to aging is murky. Aging itself is genetically preprogrammed. We're born to die because there's an evolutionary advantage to tossing the old, germline mutated, obsolete generations under the bus.
Mortal Body, Immortal Germline.
It's good to remember that your existence is just the largely irrelevant byproduct of competition between genes.

Stupid Faggot.
Just keep your bf% between 10 and 14%, get plenty of physical activity, and have a varied diet focused on fibrous vegetables and lean meats, with minimal processing.
Science says that you can fuck your meme shit and your meme studies whose results flipflop every decade.

Swimming is the best workout though. Shame it fucking sucks.

>even beneficial bacteria

So I should go to the gym, find a guy with good skin and rub my hands on his face and then my face?
Because years of putting shit on my face has probably killed all of mine.