How do I achieve David Lynch's ability to dress however the fuck he wants and have it look incredible no matter what...

How do I achieve David Lynch's ability to dress however the fuck he wants and have it look incredible no matter what, every single goddamn time?? Completely effortless

I mean look at this sloppy motherfucker. But Veeky Forums as all hell!

Any one of us would tear the other apart for how terribly this suit fits but he makes it work!

He's Veeky Forums because he has good facial structure, an old man, artistic creativity and has goofy yet cool looking hair

How do you achieve even the hair part of that aesthetic?? I've tried for similar looks and it always looks overproduced and I look like a tryhard. That make any sense?

Lynch has a very low forehead and hairline, as well as thick and wavy hair. This combination causes it all to work for him, I think. He's an eccentric artist with a style that works for him, and has mostly stuck to what he likes, or perhaps, what he knows others expects from him (could be the case, after so many years, but I think people who stick to very similar styles for a long time normally just like it, disregarding public pressures).

YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE ERRONEOUS NOTION THAT PHENOTYPICAL TRAITS ARE "ACHIEVABLE"; PHENOTYPE EXPRESSION IS NOT MUTABLE AT WILL, NOR CAN YOU PHENOTYPICALLY EXPRESS WHAT IS NOT IN YOUR GENOTYPE.

Actually a thoughtful and cogent answer! Thanks Veeky Forums

Your welcome! If you want to dress like David Lynch, nothing is really stopping you, right? But remember how one's personal style may miss the mark for others. If you have a similar physical resemblance, then I think you're clear, but if you look very different, maybe it would be better to be inspired by him, but not to emulate him as much as possible.

Thanks dude! That's actually really helpful. Been looking for a Veeky Forums inspiration for a while and I think I'm going to go that way and see what happens

Godspeed. Post an update, if you want to.

Will do. Going to spend the next few days shopping around online looking at similar style clothing and hair tips. It's hard to pull off a look like that without going full autist but I'm going to give it the old college try

This is nice. There is goodness out there.

My thoughts exactly when having that conversation. No bully and all genuine advice. Thanks Veeky Forums

If by whatever the fuck he wants you mean well-fitted black suits gee I don't fucking know. It's probably his hair though hwich is best achievable by letting it grow for half a year without interfering but keeping the sides short.

Googoo Gajoob!

This.

If you have a full head of healthy hair at that age, you can wear a shit stained cotton sack and it will look decent. For men, hair is everything.

Rape your daughter. Dress in a suit. Spend 2 hours dressing your hair.

for the hair I'd recommend using dust

Buy high waisted khaki trousers and a couple of black and white point collar shirts. Get an unstructured blazer. Derby shoes! Start painting and don't cut the top of your hair.

>what's surgery

Become handsome and talented.

bc he's got style

do TM lol

DO YOU MEAN COSMETIC SURGERY? BODILY MUTILATION.

HAVING YOUR BODY MUTILATED DOES NOT CHANGE YOUR PHENOTYPE, NOR YOUR GENOTYPE.

Trip filter engaged

wrong guy

He's thinking Polanski

he isn't, the midget from twin peaks accused lynch of abusing her daughter

No he's thinking donald trump

NICE TO MEET ANOTHER CAPSLOCKER, WE ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN THESE DAYS. PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT IN ALL CAPS, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY IT MAKES AN IMPACT. I WISH I COULD DO DOUBLE CAPS TO EMPHASIZE IMPACT, BUT IN ALL CAPS EVERY LETTER IS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO YELL. WE RADIATE WITH CONFIDENCE AND POWER. KEEP IT UP FELLOW CAPSMAN!

I make this mistake too sometimes

WELL PLAYED, GORDO!

Googoo Gajoob!