Skin care routine? And tips?

Skin care routine? And tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/JfA7VB7R
neutrogena.com.au/our-products/moisturisers/neutrogena-moisturiser-combination-skin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

double cleansing. I have a big routine but here is what you really need.

oil cleanser and regular soapy cleanser, serave is cheap and good. I personally use the face shop rice oil cleanser from amazon for like $11.
then i moisturize with cerave body lotion because its cheap and decent enough (im on a budget).

In the mornings just use a soapy cleanser, moistuize and use sunscreen. sunscreen everyday.

as a derm, thats actually decent advice. Aside from double cleansing. Skin care routines really depend on your skintype. go ask your derm user

>Cleanser (Cerave)
>Niacinamide 10% + Zinc serum 1% (The Ordinary)
>Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% (The Ordinary)
>Moisturiser + 30 SPF (Cetaphil)
sometimes i do clay mask, i also need a toner

90% of my acne appears in my beard area. I can't grow a proper beard, so I keep the whole thing trimmed to 2mm.
Combination skin: oily on forehead and nose, normal elsewhere.
Routine: AM/PM cleanse/moisturize.
BHAs cause my skin to break out. Considering buying an AHA.

How likely is it that my beard is causing acne? If so, what form of shaving is best for my skin as a whole?

I wash my face with water and lightly exfoliate with a face cloth. I also use a mixture of honey and lemon juice two or three times a week, and that's it. Nary a pimple or other blemish to be seen.

Not very likely. You may have some ingrown hairs. Try a double edge razor and a beard soap that wont irritate your skin.

AM:
PC oil-reducing cleanser
PC pore minimizing toner
PC skin balancing moisturizer (SPF 30)

PM:
PC oil-reducing cleanser
PC pore minimizing toner
PC skin perfecting 2% BHA liquid exfoliant

How does my routine look?

I've always had oily skin and had red-ish skin in nose creases, since starting with this PC routine (1 week ago), my face has become extremely oily, is this purging due to the BHA?

Before I just used cleanser 1-2 times/day and moisturizer when needed (other brands), my skin was looking worse but I wasn't as oily.

Will this snail juice actually make more pores smaller? Only want to use it on the bridge of my nose, eastern Europeans seem to love it
s.aliexpress.com/JfA7VB7R

I just wash my face in the morning only with water and in the evening with a natural soap and put some argan oil on it. My skin is smooth as ever now (had some acne before)

It sounds like something in your routine is making your skin oily. Not sure what it could be (possibly the moisturizer); experiment with your routine and see if you can reduce oiliness by reducing, removing, or replacing whatever product. I'd also check to see if that toner is making a difference; if your cleanser is good, toner shouldn't be necessary.

Incidentally, you will probably want to start using some kind of PM moisturizer, especially on the nights you exfoliate. And of course, there's no need to stick to one brand for everything.

I would've thought It was the sudden change of products or "purging" (I use BHA every evening) making me oilier. Mabye I should try something like

AM:
PC oil-reducing cleanser
PC pore minimizing toner
PC skin balancing moisturizer (SPF 30)

PM:
PC oil-reducing cleanser
PC skin perfecting 2% BHA liquid exfoliant (every other day)

I'm pretty sure it's the toner/exfoliant making me even _more_ oily. Thoughts?

remember to take a shower every day
wash your fucking face in the morning

voila there you have it your skin should be good you stupid idiot

>trusting chinks when it comes to skincare

Don't do that

but it's 100% snail

Water.
Also use this after drinking lots of beer.

posting again bu here's way to get rid of alot of clogged pores, i do this once a week to avoid over exfoliation

1) apply BHA, i use stridex
2) use claymask on top of the bha after letting it sit for 20 minutes
3) rinse off clay mask after it dries
4) use oil cleanser and feel gross shit pop outta yer face

I think you're using too much BHA, i know it varies from person to person but you're probably irritating your skin. maybe try twice a week?

and yes over exfoliation will make you produce more oil, i really don't think toner would do that to you.

You also seem to have alot of oil free/ reducing products. Oil is GOOD for your face. Don't try stripping your face of it's natural oils because it'll only make things much worse. Do you use a moisturizer in your routine?

Actually just watched American Psycho, is that routine OK?

copypaste from STHLM

>the structured face routine is this:
>ice pack
>deep pore cleanser lotion
>gel cleanser
>exfoliating gel scrub
>herb-mint facial mask
>alcohol-free moisturizing aftershave lotion
>moisturizer
>anti-aging eye balm
>final moisturizing protective lotion

>that is:
>3 cleansers
>2 exfoliators
>4 moisturizers

>it's just too much of each thing.

Thanks user, didn't actually expect a reply.

Guess I'll just look at the sticky.

Drinking a lot of water every day

qcball?

Pm

Oil Cleanse
Vitamin C Serum
Kojic Acid serum
Seal moisture and occlude around eyes with Vaseline

Am
Burnout sensitive skin Sunblock
Vitamin C Serum
Niacinamide Serum

Bi-weekly Lactic Acid peel

Monthly:
Glycolic Acid Peel

Oh and I'm incorporating retin A for the AM along with daily Sun Avoidance

>Cheap plain/gentle wash.
>10-12% Lactic acid every other night (self-diluted.)
>Shave face once a week for exfoliation.
>Tonymoly Panda's Dream sleeping pack. Niacinamide is a main ingredient.
>Sunscreen if it's morning.
>Niacinamide-heavy cloth mask once a week.

My skin is oily af, but clear and wrinkle-free. Oily skin is a bitch for makeup, but ages significantly better than dry skin for obvious reasons.

a bit of bicarbnate and end of the shit

tell me, user, what is the optimal pH of the skin?

when do i shower??

>BHA liquid exfoliant
Do you use the BHA liquid exfoliant every day?

I have had a bad hive/eczema rash on my eyes for like five months now and it has caused these huge wrinkles to form that don't really go away. What the fuck can I do to get rid of these things? I'm 26 and have literally no wrinkles. Plz help I will do anything :(

you can apply the cleanser in the shower.
it's just a special soap for your face.

yeah. that's fine.

Which does Veeky Forums think works better - ProActiv or acne.org regimen?

instead of paying for sketchy chinese shit buy from a more reputable brand. Mizon snail repair gel, Cosrx 96 mucin off the top of my head

proactiv will dry the fuck out of your skin, acne.org is fine is you really don't want to spend the effort to get your own products.

my routine:
AM
-hada labo hyaluronic foaming cleanser (barely rub, just enough to get oil off my face)
-neutrogena 2.5% bp on acne
-cerave moisutizing lotion
-biore watery gel
PM
-hada labo cleansing oil, rinse off in shower
-paula's choice skin perfecting bha
-differin
-cerave lotion (really need to get the cream, my skin is dry as fuck)
-kiehl's midnight recovery oil
-aquaphor on my cheeks and lips

My skin is not irritated nor am I getting more pimples in other places than nose crease (always been a problem area), but I'll experiment with BHA.

I use moisturizer in the morning, although, not consistenty. Honestly, I'm not even sure whether to ditch it, use it once or twice a day?

Answers appreciated

Tan = good skin for when I'm young and beautiful, bad skin when I'm old and ugly anyway. I don't see a downside seeing as I can get a free skin cancer screening every year?

You should always moisturize twice a day.

I had a woman piss on me a few days ago and now I'm breaking out. IS piss extremely terrible for skin or is it just coincidence?

>exfoliating mild cleanser (origins)
>vitamin c+e / hyaluronic acid skin serum (amara organics)
>moisturizer with spf 20(clinique)
>eye cream (origins)

night:
>same facial cleanser
>serum again
>mild, water-based moisturizer (origins)
>same eye cream

I have a normal skin type, light olive complexion, this works fine for me. Super expensive products aren't necessary if your skin isn't super complicated and messed up.

"For the wages of sin is really shitty skin conditions, stop it faggots"
-Jesus

>Am
>Vitamin C and Niacinamide at the same time

Just use Niacinamide in the Am, there's evidence that high concentrations of these two together is counteractive and can cause irritation

Sorry for the probably bad pic.

I've been getting these ingrown hairs (?) on my chest for a while now and I'm not sure how to combat them. While a few are obviously pus filled ingrown hairs where I can use a sterilized tweezer to remove the hair follicle along with the pus attached to it, the majority of them are these red, inflamed, flat dots that resemble acne, but with no pus or pain.

I've been using the red stridex box on them followed by cerva moisturizer after the BA dries.

Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot

what oil cleanser do you use?

Cetaphil in the morning and night, but I exfoliate instead twice a week at night. Also, witch hazel after each wash.

ALSO I change my pillowcase twice a week. People don't realize how much gross shit accumulates on your pillowcase and they don't change it often enough. That shit right there is bad for your skin.

How does one get rid of the bumps on his arms? Do I just have to scrub it every single day with a loofah?

how do i get rid of those

If you have to use anything but water on your face to have nice skin, you'll never have nice skin

do you seriously believe this?

Is the Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30 a good choice? I have semi oily skin and i've been getting some breakouts lately cause it gets very hot where i live.

sounds good for the mornings

Anyone how to get rid of knuckle pads without surgery.

From what I've searched, surgery leaves just as bad scars and chances are it could pop up again.

>pic rel is similar, not me

how do i stop getting red spots on my neck after shaving

Eastern Euro here
never heard of that shit

Pls help me. Ive had these disgusting popped pimples on ONLY the right side of my face. For two weeks I have been

face cleansing
Dabbing apple cider vinegar
And then dabbing tea tree oil it
Then I dont moisturise those spots.
If I do moisturise at all it could lead to it spreading. So I don't as much anymore.

I had an whole lot on my neck and left side of my face had the same routine going and they went away. The right side just won't... Pic related.

Cut sugar sleep on your left side

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I'm using it right now for the AM and it's as good a moisturizer as I've ever used. Definitely lighter and better than their regular moisturizing lotion.
Disclaimer: I haven't tried that many moisturizers.

However I do hear that moisturizers with SPF are bullshit because you need to apply a ton to get actual sun protection. So you'll want to use actual sunscreen on top of that if you're going to be in the sun.

morning: cerave cleanser, thayer's rose witch hazel, cerave moisturizer

night: neutrogena 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash, thayer's witch hazel, indian aztec healing clay mask (every other day), then cerave moisturizer and tretinoin .1%, spot treat with diluted tea tree oil

you really should moisturize those spots, as drying them out will only make your skin produce more oil in that area, leading to more breakouts. what kind of moisturizer do you use? I'd recommend Cerave.
also, do you wash your pillowcases regularly? try sleeping on your back.

scrubbing with a loofah will probably just further irritate the skin. try putting moisturizer on them

What should I know to be able to discern which of these is the right choice?

Should I go ask a woman?

Foaming is probably what you want. Unless you have extremely dry skin, then foaming might not be the right choise.

I have tried the foaming one, and it was very drying for my face. Haven't tried the second one but I currently use the Cerave moisturizing cleanser and it works well for me.

Wat do against blackheads if 2% BHA didn't do shit?

Foaming is slightly better for oily skin and the SA one is better if you have dry skin. I have dry skin and use a foaming cleanser in the summer months though. Both are fine for everyday use, just be careful not too exfoliate too much otherwise if you're using the SA one as a daily cleanser

>Should I go ask a woman?
Most women don't know a lot about skincare. Read up on it on your own and figure out what works for you

Acv+aztec secret

bump

Is this a good plan for sensitive skin? Wouldn't using a cleanser directly followed by an exfoliator too harsh in this case?

I don't do shit for my skin, but I'd like to start.

Okay I'll start that today. I applied it last night and it made the pimples yellow.
Should I find a different moisturiser or

neutrogena.com.au/our-products/moisturisers/neutrogena-moisturiser-combination-skin

From this thread, it doesn't look like most men know a lot about skincare either.

That moisturizer looks fine to me, good luck user!

How much of the PC BHA 2% liquid do you use each time? The bottle says something like soak a pad with it but someone on a different thread said you only need 6 drops on a pad...

How often should I exfoliate, lately I do it every other day. Am I overdoing it? I also shave every other day.

I have been doing my routine for a few months and the acne is gone for the most part and I barely get any new ones (maybe 1 every three weeks). I still have blemishes and acne scars left. Any suggestions how I can get rid of them faster? I already tried aloe vera, it worked a bit but not good enough for me.

Another thing that is bothering me is that after I shower from lukewarm shower my skin gets RED as hell and pimples start to glow up. My skin also gets red when washing with hot water even when I gently press my hands on my face. Is doing my daily routine with cold water fine? Should I just shower with only cold water? I dont know if im able to...

anyone have a good thing for eczema?
I have tried all the moisturizer i can find

as much as you need to cover the spots/your face equally (not too much honestly 6 drops sound fine)
start by using it twice a week and increase over time
its probaby post inflammatory hyperpigmentation try niacinamide, vitamin c serum or some kind of acid (exfoliation)
i highly recommend spot testing new products and do some research on your own there are lots of resources around
urea and ceramide helped alot of patients but discuss your problem with your derm

Pls respond

I have god tier skin and this is what I use.

>CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
>Bioré Aqua Rich
>Topical Tretinoin (0.05%)
>Paula's Choice 10% AHA Peel
>Ordinary zinc mask after my peeling
>Labello Hydro Care

If there ever had been a moment to trust a random stranger on the internet, this is it.

Oh I should also mention what skin type I had
>oily
>sensitive and prone to acne
>lots of hyper- and hypopigmentation on face
>tan

It's all gone and not coming back.

Leave them alone, they're open wounds constantly touching and rubbing shit into them isn't going to make them better.

I drink my morning urine everyday, it works wonders for the skin and also general health

also eating healthy and not putting too much products on the skin will help

Is skincare Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums?

where do you buy this stuff?

>I have been doing my routine for a few months and the acne is gone for the most part and I barely get any new ones

what's your routine?

true
false

amazon and pharmacy

What's the order of your routine?

>CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
Always before I go to sleep and sometimes in the morning if my skin feels too dry.
>Bioré Aqua Rich
In the morning after I shower and after I applied a moisturizer, if any.
>Topical Tretinoin (0.05%)
Before I go to sleep. I mix it 50/50 with my moisturizer to avoid irritation. I googled it's okay to do that, it doesn't conflict with the tretinoin.
>Paula's Choice 10% AHA Peel
Every third day. Will apply and wear it midday while I'm at home, not at night because of the tretinoin.
>Ordinary zinc mask after my peeling
As said, right after my AHA peeling to make sure all the dead skin cells and possible dirt in my pores is gone.
>Labello Hydro Care
Whenever I need it.

Is it good to exfoliate with a mix of walnut oil and salt, then use oil cleansers to clean?

whats a good face moisturizer for kinda oily skin?

I got this two after getting stridex pads on my eyelids. I put Vitamen E on the affected area (drained a liquid tablet) and it helped after a couple of days.

What blackhead mask should I buy? There's a variety of chinese ones on Amazon but I don't know if I should trust them. I just want to put it on my nose.

are these kinds of cheaper blackhead removers any good? Does anyone use one?

Anybody tried Bulldog? Is it any good?

let me redpill you on skin care, take my post as you will

>always double cleanse at night (oil + foaming)
>always look at the pH of everything you put on your face
some products like vitamin C absolutely need a very low face pH to work, and for general products look for 4-5.5
>never ever use a high pH (higher than 5.6) product unless there is literally no alternative
the only thing i can think of is shaving soap but it's no big deal if everything else you use has the right pH
>always moisturize, but don't over moisturize
>always wear sunscreen
>AHAs at a high concentration (40%) will destroy any kind of acne that you may get, just make sure to work up from a low concentration product or else you will get a chemical burn

for blackheads (which are called sebaceous filaments), do what he said

halp