My first propper watch

Hello, I'm a 19 year old student who works 20-30hours/week as a barman. For my job I have a Seiko Cocktail Time, right now I'm wearing a pretty beaten Tag Heuer Sport Elegance, which I've never been a fan of (my granddad gave it to me) Anyway I've considered buying an Omega Seamaster Aquaterra 42.5mm, Automatic. But is it too early to buy a 3500£ watch when I'm only 19? Is it even a good watch etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

perfectwatches.cn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why the fuck would you spend that much money for a clock on your wrist?

Are you a nigger worried about your status in front of your other chimp "friends"?

>falling for the watch merchant

Watches and jewlery are fuckin stupid.

t. minimum wage poorfags

I'll get a submariner when my Dao Tokens roost!

Very subjective.
I must emphasize that I'm a big sucker for watches, can't help looking at peoples wrists. Anyway, I want a watch that won't raise too much attention like a Rolex. I want a watch that people who likes watches will appreciate. I think that a watch resembles your financial status as much as it resembles your personality.

go with A. Lange & Söhne

>want real opinions about a very narrow subject
>come to the most general board apart from /b

you triggered some user, now go back to the darkness

>Working part time in an entry level job
>HEY GUYS IS IT TOO EARLY TO BUY A $6,000 WATCH?!
No, it's not too early. Buy now before it's too late.

>financial status as much as it resembles your personality.

Do you need a watch to let people know what your personality is? Do you need to let people know how much money you have?

What ya got son, is a fucking ego problem. People can gather your personality by talking to you, not by looking at your goddamn arm. And when people know you got money it creates 2 problems

1. If you have more money than them, they badger you for "loans"

2. If you have less money, you'll always feel inferior not living up to their lavish ways, so you'll spend more than you should to keep up.

Just be a fucking normal person, and dress like a normal person, and enjoy life without spending money on worthless shit.

What else should I spend my money on? I don't play videogames, like half of the anons probably spend their money on.
I don't need a car, and won't for years. I just want a little luxury. At some point in my life I'll buy an expensive watch anyway.

Just wear your Seiko. That is a fine watch. It would be highly impractical for you to spend that kind of money on a watch given your age and employment situation.

>What else should I spend my money on?
Save it.

>has a need to spend money
>comes to Veeky Forums because FB people are sheeple

>I just want a little luxury.

Nigger, save it, or invest it if you're gonna spend that much. Want luxury? What buy a watch now that makes you feel special only to have to pawn it in a few months for significantly less when you hit hard times?

You're 19. You're either gonna be stubborn and do what you want anyways like a little millennial twat, or you're going to wisen up and do whats suggested and bitch the whole time but be grateful in the end.

I'd almost consider it as an investment. Luxury watches doesn't lose value as much as you'd might think, IF i should 'hit hard times' I could always sell it for 70-80% of the retail value. What do you guys spend your money on?

>A. Lange & Söhne
their cheapest models are 30k+ new

>t. minimum wage poorfags
this
a 30 dollar Timex is a more functional watch than a 100k grand compilation. People who buy luxury watches have money to burn... when you have hundreds of thousands, spend 20k on a watch isn't a big deal. Its one of the few ways a man can show off wealth by what he wears.

This is bait

Stop giving it serious replies

I have a Longines, I like it.

Longines is rather expensive and good quality, I like their moonphase models.
A. Lange & Söhne < Patek Philippe. I doubt I'll ever have enough money for either though.

What do you mean with bait? (Yes I'm new on Veeky Forums)

I have 1500$ rado, its a dress watch so I dont wear it often. At one point wanted to buy rado hyperchrome court (pic related) but those were limited edition and not available anymore

Yes, that's the one I have.

Was it worth spending 1500-2000$ on a watch then? that's basically my biggest dilemma right now.

It was a company gift though. If you only have 3k in your bank account then I don't think it is wise to spend it all on a watch. You can get a fine 4-500$ watch and use the other money you have to invest it in something that will get you easier money (like a car for example). Or start a business with the other money, buy a decent suit (or maybe 2). When you earn more money you can get yourself that fine watch you always wanted.

>I'd almost consider it as an investment
> I could always sell it for 70-80% of the retail value

You should write a book on investing, then you could buy all of the watches

If you think this is a good thing, then why buy a new one that will lose 30% of its value if you can get a used one that will lose less than 10% of its value?

why not go one step further and take out a 100k loan and buy a Patek Philippe

Kek as long as he doesnt plan paying it back/dissapearing in south america its not a bad plan.

Daniel Wellington Men's Canterbury 40mm watch

i have this exact watch lol. slightly different nylon band tho.

*correction, i have the same band lol.

it's a good watch

no one notices shit like this or this , because they're so cluttered with garbage, colorless, or generically designed.

the DW is has a simple aesthetic, but is also very colorful at the same time.

People don't know how to use color and contrast anymore to make individual pieces of clothing stand out but blend together as one fit

we think similar, i like you.

>"Hmm I need advice buying luxury items"
>"I know! I'll ask some of the most frugal people on the web!"

Everyone, including me, is going to tell you to save it. Spending money on watches to impress people is nigger status.

>$200 for a $2 gook quartzie

Just stfu

but the watch looks so good also the price is €140 here.

>muh muh muh price tag!

Just because something is or isn't expensive, doesn't mean it will or will not look good

You're a bartender, not a fucking Wall Street CEO. You don't need a watch as a status symbol, because nobody fucking cares what watch his bartender wore as long as he poured their drinks in a timely manner. Save your money on things that will improve your quality of life, like textbooks and a place to stay.

Just get like 6 invicta watches

Buying a $10k+ watch is retarded

Even if you make 100k/yr cool you spent 10% of your income on a fucking watch

It literally has no function because it's 2016 and everything in the fucking world has a clock on it so you always know what time it is

It's a bracelet for men

>Buying $4000 clock
>Posting in Veeky Forums

Go to Veeky Forums trust fund baby. Anyone who is financially responsible wouldn't even dream about wasting money on something that worthless.

>Thinking you are rich because you own nice things

Have you ever heard of the term nigger rich mr barman?

You probably dont even clear 1k net on your paydays

>pound sign after number
>bar twink wants to spend 3.5 grand on a timepiece

You are not sophisticated enough. Bring the rest of you up to standard then you can buy the fancy shit. Have some fucking taste. Sometimes even if you have the money it is poor etiquette to wear things that are not meant for your time. Nobody respectable is going to think you're anything other than a consumerist flashy idiot who got into debt impressing plebs.

Hahaha pretty much this

>What do you guys spend your money on?

Donate a percentage to charity and if none exist that you trust would properly appropriate the funds then create one.

You can help others have a chance.

what is your net worth? what would be your watch/net worth ratio upon buying that watch. i will provide an example. my net worth is about $600k. i wear an $80 seiko. so my watch is worth approximately 0.013% of my net worth. that seems like a reasonable ratio.

Fuck you

TRIGGERED

As a waiter, I found that it was best to dress like you're pretty broke but trying really hard to look professional.

For a while, I was waiting tables as a second job because I wanted to achieve "hood rich" status without the risk that often comes with hood rat activities. I started to be a little flashy at my waiting job, and my tips slowed down.

If you get a $3500 watch, don't think that wearing it to work will help your tips. At all.

kek, the government does charity they call it fucking taxes

You're a 19 year old bartender.

Spend that money on becoming something other than a bartender you fucking moron.

Do you have fuck you money? Probably not, so go move your "little luxury" money into fuck you money.

And this is good advice.

Spend 3500 on stocks then buy the watch with stock profit

If you have the money and don't have anything better to spend it on.
If I were you I'd definitely safe the money for something much more useful.
I'm good for 900k£ and my watch is an Oris I paid 500€ for. If I bought a Rolex, omega or whatever I'd feel uncomfortable. Wearing an obvious fortune on your wrist is neither safe or appealing if you ask me.

What's a reasonable price to pay for a watch, Veeky Forums?

Depends..

I've spend 60 euros on my Nautica watch recently but it was on sale. I think that for €100 you can get a quality watch with decent design.

If you want something more, spend more.

Get an IWC, omega, or tag heuer. its what all the bankers in switzerland wear. you dont really need a fancy ass gold one, a very simplistic model will do great.

source: ive got friends who work there in that industry and im desperately trying to get in myself

How much do Omegas or Tag Heuers cost for what you're recommending?

ive seen very decent tag heuer watches four around 1200 - 1500 euros, omegas will be a bit more expensive however. iwc costs even more, base models are like 4k plus.

you can always go with the option of buying a second hand watch, there are shops that only take excellent second hand quality watches, and you can save a couple of bucks there.

worst case scenario you get a fake one, heard from a friend this site isnt too bad. perfectwatches.cn/

>Omega
>Literally titling your wrist "omega"
>proper watch
Try again

Try getting deals with serious business men in western world without a proper watch.

Anything less than AP and you simply won't get taken seriously. Same as car. It is a symbol of status and shows what level you are at. Nobody wants to do big deals with some pleb driving a Honda and wearing a Timex.

Not even speaking of sexy bimbo sluts that know very well poorfag from richfag brands.

Max out while you still can. Buy the best shit you can. Fake it till you make it.

>a 3500£ watch
Dude, you'e better of with a cheap quartz. You don't blow that kind of money on jewellery unless you can spend 3500 pounderoos daily.