Snow wear general inspo

Anyone dump ski related outfits/inspo?

So many trash ski outfits due to boarder influence, any decent outfits would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/87005722
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>STEEEZE

Christ alive it hurts my eyes

These are cute but could never be pulled off today. Also your attitude about skiing/boarding is pretty lame, there are douchebags all over the mountain, stop with your tribal warfare mentality. Snowboarding is a newer sport and thus attracts the teenage goons who give it a bad rep.

Depends where you ski really EU or NA but I think
Prime example.

Funny you say that because those are both skiiers.

I'll be damned.

It's more the influence really but desu, I should more say the entire freestyle movement compared to more conventional skiing.

I don't disagree, but I think your idea of 'conventional' skiing, at least based on the pictures you posted, is long gone. 90% of people on the hill wear a red/black/blue shell + black pants + oakley crowbars + black/white helmet. Although not a bad look, it's tiresome and i'd prefer to see some baggy pant wearing goon with a lebron jersey over his hoodie. At least it shows some degree of thought put into the fit instead of an almost robotic urge to go to the local outerwear shop and buy the most inoffensive and dull outfit possible.

I am partial to a hockey jersey as I'm a Brit fag, tingles the temptations but never actually got one. Wish there was a way to get more old school skiing gear while staying warm.

This is how most locals and seasonaires dress in Europe

>XL Tall Hoodie
>Slightly battered helmet covered in stickers
>Wide lens goggles (Electric EG2, Oakley Flight Deck etc)
>Twin tip skis also covered in stickers

Stickers make you go faster, it's science.

Everyone fell for the sticker meme once over.

norwegian inspo

more norwegian stuff

Just needs to come back

that pic is probably from like a decade ago, only squids still dress like that. The current trend is basically the same as skating, random thrift store shit from the 90s. Some people can pull it off but I'm usually not a fan

in skiing we usually never talk about fashion/ clothes (its considered tryhard/lame), so this thread is neat to me. imma dump some favorite clothing styles

Last time I was out in Canada I just looked around at the old photos inside the mountain cabins and observed how styles completely changed compared to the trash I was wearing at the time. Made me think how great they actually looked.
Was considering trying to hunt down some original steeptech gear, the slim fitting kind. Closest balance between actually being warm and also looking presentable.

i've always wanted one of the old forest green coats, gives me nostalgia of when I started skiing as a kid. One of my friends had one this past year.

the funny thing about skiing is if your good and have a unique ski style you can make shitty outfits work a lot better. The baggy 5xl style didnt actually look that bad on guys like tom wallisch but on the joey's with neon Jibberish who rolled up to the mountain and could barely hit a rail it looked so shitty

vimeo.com/87005722

That shade of green seems to exclusively exist within the 90s for some reason and it's a shame. I'm due new salopettes as my current ones are slowly dying and are ridiculously too big due to me falling for the oversized meme when I was younger.
Jacket just generally a pretty bad brand, grenade or something like that, just a lot of pretty cheap army style patches and a large grenade on front.

How about yourself

Weird because I've been skiing since I was 11 yet I've never actually tried freestyle, prefer just getting my backpack on and seeing where paths take me, just battling through as much rough off piste as possible and finding interesting paths. Always felt it was more fun in my opinion but obviously each to there own.

I usually wear some black north face bib pants, a little on the baggy/sagged side, plus a hoodie and either a desert storm fishtail or camo rain jacket depending on the weather. If i've got a helmet on i'll pull the sweatshirt hood over it, otherwise i'll just wear a beanie on top of a balaclava
I used to never go in the park either, but when I got a car and started skiing 5 days a week in highschool I found it was the best place to challenge myself on my small ass home mountain.

just cruising around exploring the woods is one of my favorite parts of skiing, I still try and do it pretty frequently

Problem is I only really get to ski in shorts spells when I'm over there for 2 weeks or so, so never really have the time. Moving out there for a course soon anyway so might give it a shot in my downtime if I get the chance.

Outfit wise because I bought everything so large it still fits me now ironically, just beat to fuck, once I get new skies it'll be next on my list.

The most Veeky Forums skiers have well worn, good quality gear.

Nothing marks you out as a Jerry like a brand new Spyder or eBay special jacket

Kek the majority of my skiing experience in a single photo

>spyder

gaudy middle class mummy shit

I have a Patagonia shell in this color, pic related. Just roll with this, some khaki shell pants and a blue backpack

Feel like guys that dress as such always have beards.

indeed

they had the most Veeky Forums "socks"