>I play videogames
>I am planning on buying an iPhone
>I'm going to major in English
>pays for digital media instead of pirating
>collects anime figures/video games/anything that depreciates in value
>Tells the truth in job interviews
>I don't research the jobmarket or the prospect careers of my major
>I look for excuses instead of solutions
>I try to find what's *wrong* with me rather than how I can overcome difficulties
>I think other people are simply more gifted than me and self-defecate
>Plays computer games
>they're never going to pay me more because they are evil so I have to accept this
>I'm over 23, I don't have to learn anymore!
>i'm poor because of the jews/west/communist
>i'm going to buy the most expensive car/house possible, I will manage the debt somehow
>thinking that buying real estate and renting it is the only viable option when it comes to personal investing
>not even trying to understand stock market and labeling it as gambling
>taking a mortgage/car loan when your net value is 0
>labeling loans as evil and always paying up front with all your saved cash
>keeping huge sums of money on checking account for years while saving for something
>I play videogaymes
>an entrepreneur is he who lives like no one else will for 10 years so he can live like no one else can for the rest of his life
>I'm following the tai lopez mba tutorial to set up my first business selling vemma sodas
>I use drugs recreationally outside of very rare social occasions
>I drink alcohol under I fall over usually
>I don't read books
>I play videogames

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/337497478/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck im trying to quit vidya so hard

Stocks and art have 8x the skill cieling and can put some food on the table as a side job

But i get fucking thirsty thinking about all tbe free mmr im gonna farm when overwatch comes out. Me and a band of 8 other quake players are stacking for season 1 heroic

just delete it off your computer or sell the disk

People who play video games in their 20s and beyond are literally losers.

I made a thread on /v/ asking them just that. Why do they care about video games so well into their 20s? Aren't there more productive things?

The answers I got were them admitting being losers, it's escapism, they don't care and nothing matters in life anyway so why try (they're losers and it's escapism), it was either video games or drugs, etc.

>what's the point of having money if you don't spend it on things you enjoy

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/337497478/

archived thread in question

>I didn't buy MGT when it was below $2

I did buy it when it was below $2
And I lost $20 because of it

Money can't buy happiness :^)

>I buy stocks that give big dividends

I'm 23. I've finally cured my lifelong anxiety with a diagnosis that an underlying thyroid condition was causing it.

I've saved up $20k in autism bux off my social democratic government because my interests and lack of a social life dont require me to buy stuff.

I obviously have poor work ethic but it's improving with my newfound normie brain. I'm not educated in finance or life skills but want to stop being a leech. Can anyone point to a tutorial for people raised by wolves?

god these threads are tired. Generalize much?

Videogaymer detected.

Back to

Vidyacuck cope.

how 2 cure thyroid? my shits fucked

Must be nice in your ivory tower.

>You can't be both productive and play video games in your spare time
I bet you believe other hobbies like train model building are horrible also.

how old are you? I'm ADHD and was a vidya person until last year now I'm nearly 21, I got the right meds and also just kinda grew out of it. I feel guilty for touching that shit outside of social events because it's such a fuckin waste of time.

Or you know, a form of fucking entertainment.

The only good hobbies are productive hobbies

>Tells the truth in job interviews

I'm not silly enough to be blunt at a job interview, but I need some serious help with lying on my resume. It seems nigh impossible to get an interview for anything without completely fabricating your resume to match the exact "qualifications" set by the HR retards.

>College is one big giant scam, I can get any job I want
>The Boomers took all the money and jobs, now there isn't any for me
>The stock market is gambling

Dude, the whole point of this thread is to generalize stuff. Vidya for life yo.

trips confirm, 10/10 thread

>hey guys, Martin Shkreli is streaming!
>college is for suckers
>I use credit cards for the cashback and rewards
>smokes weed
>I run a small business on the side
>refuses to borrow money at low interest rates
>I have a great idea for an app
>smokes weed

Guaranteed replies on Veeky Forums its like our equivalent of the cut or uncut dick discussions on /b/

Way to shit the place up OP

>as if crypto threads havent already made this board a cesspool

Perhaps, but video games are clearly addictive, and has the urges.

>forgot he already wrote "smokes weed"
found the pothead

>It's not worth it to relax at all if there's no money in it.
Man, you seem boring as all get out.
Hopefully you get that whole sleeping thing sorted out.

Tell that to Martin Shkreli

thanks for the wake up call OP

The only bad habit I couldn't shake was videogames. I have been reading books, kept learning in my free time, but videogames were still there

I just deleted dota 2 off my computer. I'm free. Theres 3200 hours Ill never get back, oh well.

>>I refuse to spend money to make money
Kek, they refuse because very often they dont have any money to spend

>games in their 20s and beyond are literally losers.
Tell that to Kim Dotcom. He was number 1 player on cod mw3.

>3200 hours
good keep it uninstalled you 2k shitter

>I start threads on Veeky Forums pretending to have money

>>labeling loans as evil and always paying up front with all your saved cash
>>keeping huge sums of money on checking account for years while saving for something
good try shekelstein.

>Rich people don't play videogames

Fuck off.

Most of these are retarded and rich people do them.

Anyway, what do I win.

>labeling loans as evil and always paying up front with all your saved cash

No I'll just take out a loan of $100 with a 10% interest rate and spend $110 instead of paying $100.

Dumbass.

Apple is a great example of this. They have so much money that they will never need to borrow it.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have some kind of company directive about not taking out loans.

Things wagecucks say

>why yes boss!
>of course boss!
>put it in my ass boss!

And then they get fired and thrown away like a used condom. As they should

>"Anyone who has an opinion that differs from mine is poor and a loser"
You sound pretty sad.

I can just imagine you're someone who has come across a nice paying job or something, and because of your complete lack of friends or a girlfriend to share your minuscule accomplishment with, you satisfy the need for praise by posting on Veeky Forums pretending you're better than other people in the hopes that at least someone, even if they're a stranger on the internet will think you're cool and successful, because no one else in your life does.

That's literally the only reason people brag, and especially try to play themselves off as a superior being on an anonymous image board.

> I do the bare minimum at my job

Hmm... How is this bad?

wrong. op is a beta jew who had/has a videogame addiction and really wants to do something with his worthless self so he posts these threads weekly as a kind of mental reinforcement

work smarter, not harder, right op!

>reasonable people can't do reasonable things reasonably.

I love this Veeky Forums meme. Just remember, you're here, posting on a chinese rice futures telegraph delivery service.

founded by several (now famous) cucks

who did all this by copying a japanese site because they liked anime.

L E L
O V A
V E U
I R G
N Y H
G

that doesn't excuse OP

You list off all that, but still browse here.

But this is a valid one, why deprive yourself of doing things you enjoy and love only to save money?
You're not taking that money with you when you die, life is temporary and you don't know how or when your last breath will happen, why not live to the fullest even if that means spending a lot?

>I'm going to quit my job to day trade full time
> these other people day trading are all stupid, but luckily I'm smarter than them and will make money off them
>I'm getting a $2700 computer so I can day trade better
> buying this $70 trashcan is an investment in the long term
> buying this $1500 bicycle is an investment in the long term
>I can time the market because I look at intraday trends
> I'm going to save up and buy a house in full
>I don't have a retirement account because I think of all of my investments as for my retirement

This is my roommate and he's already 28

maybe he'll get lucky

The difference with video games (and this has been scientifically proven) is that they give you the 'shot' of accomplishment too frequently and too easily.

No matter how hard the game, all games are designed to make you feel like you are accomplishing a real task.

Other hobbies have this equivalency, but learning guitar takes months if not years to become proficient. Building model trains sets takes many days/weeks/years to complete.

Most hobbies have some things to teach us, the common thread being, the value of consistent work toward a singular goal without reward before the work is done.

Video games remove that, giving only slightly more satisfaction from completion than from just playing a single day.

In that way, they are an addiction for many, not a hobby. They are something that people use to define their lives, to build their personality on. They think that they are achieving something, it is nothing but farce.

Basically, everything in moderation. However, much like any addictive drug, video games are designed to make moderation extremely difficult.