decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

I fucking loved this fragrance until I went on fragrantica and someone said it smells like playdoh and thats all I could smell after that
glad I didn't cop
so family I'm ready to cop VIW or Aventus probably both but I'm paranoid that the batch I receive will smell entirely different from whats in store
more concerned for aventus because each time I've checked in store(like every 3-4 months) its smelled entirely different from repulsive to really nice

Reposting from last thread

Does anyone else use a spray of a fragrance before bed? I'll sometimes do it with comforting ones like YSL L'homme

Only if sleeping with someone

Every night. Got a pretty decent collection of bottles and decants and there's no way I'd ever get through them in under 20 years without spraying something on at night before bed.
I usually go for something soft, warm and sensual

Cozy evening frags are great at bedtime, especially in cooler months. I like to sleep in ambers, ouds and gourmands in particular.

Also nice that when you consistently wear a bedtime fragrance, your bedsheets and room will carry the basenotes forever.

Would you recommend pic related or bleu de Chanel?

allure homme sport eau extreme

Shit, I was just about to pull the trigger on aventus. I had maybe 3 samples each bought a couple of months apart and they all smelled the same. I thought at this price you wouldn't have to worry about batch codes and stuff like this

Bleu EdT

Yup. I buy cheapies specifically for this purpose. I like to just have something generic and sweet to sleep in. I find it helps me relax.

Does the longevity of the frag, for example something that fades out quick like something from Playboy, cause the sheets to not smell as much?

Certainly. Stronger concentrations and heavier scents will linger on fabric for longer than weaker ones. That said, I use my 6 ounce bottle of CK One as a room / linen spray and it lasts decently long.

>tfw 24 Gold Oud is clearly recognizable on my sleep shirt after going through the washer and dryer
Is there a better performance-for-the-money perfume? I doubt it.

Let's get some things out of the way that come up in every thread.

If you want girls to compliment you: Dior Sauvage.

Other fresh, well-liked fragrances: Bleu de Chanel, Versace Pour Homme, Versace Dylan Blue, Paco Rabanne Invictus, Creed Aventus.

If you want a cheaper Aventus alternative: Club de Nuit apparently smells bad for the first half hour then it is similar to Aventus. Pineapple Vintage is supposed to be a good alternative as well.

The 24 frags in general have amazing performance. Evenntheir lighter scents like Ice Gold last forever. Very underrated house.

They're different enough that it warranted having both in my collection, as well as the Eau Extreme EDP.

Definitely Bleu de Chanel or If you like the smell of Allure Homme Sport then check out Versace Pour Homme, essentially the exact same fragrance, just airier are more transparent, performs slightly worse but not so bad as to justify paying over twice as much for the Chanel

Has anyone used this? How different does it smell from the original?

You're that guy that keeps posting deodorant sticks of designer frags. I saw your sauvage post in the last thread.
If you can't afford to buy the actual fragrance, then look around for a few cheapies.

>designer deodorant

BOLY BRAAAAP

Shave your armpits, buy some Dial soap and a crystal deodorant stick, and scent your pits with actual perfume rather than a shitty wax cylinder.

I'm pretty new to the whole frag thing, but I'm thinking about copping one or two for summer, and maybe one to hold on to until fall.

What do I get? I've been looking at getting some lalique white, and grabbing some burberry london for fall, but idk what else.

Help

Without knowing anything about you or what you like, I'd say refer to

Don't listen to this guy. He simplified it way too much.

egoiste> egoiste platinum

So many posts only these threads are people asking for recommendations and being told Sauvage, BdC, etc. Or asking if Sauvage really gets compliments. Or people asking if CDN is any good. It's in every thread multiple times, so people are going to get that same advice whether it's in a generalized post or not.

Lalique White is brilliant!
If you're after a inoffensive citrus-based frag for summer try CK One. It dries down into gorgeous creamy amber after a few hours. Also consider CK One gold, smells amazing, better thanthe original, just more expensive.
If you're looking for an all round pleasant frag try Ed Hardy Love & Luck, its supposed to be a 'clone' of creeds milisime imperial. Think salted fruit with a dash of sage, it might sound weird, but goddamn it is great.
Another one that may interest you is Sauvage or Prada Luna Rossa Carbon. They're both a mix of pepper and ambroxan. Prada tends not to last as long as sauvage, but is also apparently 'less offensive' to perfume snobs. IMO sauvage isn't offensive unless you spray it 4+ times, people who say otherwise are the same as those who slammed Bleu de Chanel for being a cop out, yet now claim it as a must have landmark men's fragrance.

Tl;dr, for summer try citrus or white florals, if you're game go for something a bit more out there like lalique encre noire sport or EH L&L

How can I possibly test niche fragrances?
All of the mass produced designer ones smell like shit to me.
For example, judging by the description, Tauer Lonestar Memories may fit my taste, but the only way to get them is ordering them from the internet. And I don't wan't to order such an expensive cat in the bag cause it may very well be not what I'm imagining myself to be.

Not a fan of Love and Luck, myself. To me, it's a very pale imitation. Creed MI is one of my favorite frags of all time, L&L just lacks the complexity and nuance. It smells much more artificial and doesn't have those amazing burnt orange and melon notes that MI has. I know MI is expensive, but it really is worth buying. Don't cheap out on that one.

Order samples. There are a bunch of links in the OP. If you have shops like Sepohora, Saks, etc. in your area, go in and ask for a sample or two. At very least, they'll have a tester you can try.

You're right, it is a very bad idea to drop niche frag money on a bottle of something you've never sampled. Could wind up paying 200.00+ for something you hate and will never wear. Always sample first.

luckyscent for the bulk of niche frags
theperfumedcourt for designer/discontinued stuff/ frags you cant find on luckyscent
blackphoenixalchemylab is an esoteric fragrance place of its own

this

antaeus tho...

Anyone here tried Prada L'homme? How does it perform? How do you like it?

Does fragranceshop.com sell legit fragrances?

does the EU have more fragrance restrictions than the US? I know the EU has the IFRA but I don't know if it's as strict as whatever the US has.

>IFRA
>International Fragrance Association
>International

The IFRA doesn't have as much power as they do in Europe. In the US, the FDA is more lenient and only regulates some parts of the fragrance industry under certain conditions, which lets ingredients such as Oakmoss to be used naturally whereas in the EU, they have to use a synthetic form due to Oakmoss causing allergic reactions in some people.

Also the IFRA isn't legally binding.

Behold, Serge Lutens' take on Secretions Magnifiques

For some strange reason they also have a little black kid in the advertisement

>no new post in 11 hours

Okay so which do you guys prefer and why? Bleu de Chanel edt or edp

I prefer the ancient egyptian BdC parfum de toilette that the Pharos used to splash liberally on their niggers (ironically white slaves, where are muh reparations?) it has been saved in a crystal bottle seized from the mystic treasures of an antarctic grotto, wrapped in diamond encrusted cashmere and queefed or farted on my the most recent monarchy of the world.

*by

I think the EdP smells better, but the performance, strangely enough, is worse than the EdT. The EdP winds up smelling like faint amber and smokey wood after like 30 minutes. The EdT retains its depth longer, though still only lasts a few hours.

Whew lad

The EdT is the only option. It is brighter, more lively, and lasts eight plus hours.

I just don't think BDC is for me either way, honestly. They're pricey for designer scents and just nothing special, in my opinion. I'd rather spend a bit more and get Creed MI or something.

I want a manly smell that covers my musky sweat smell easily all year around. Also very affordable and great bang for buck.

Thanks

a shower and some deodorant

No I mean my sweat is very, very strong. Has to do with my testosterone being almost twice as high as for an average 20 something man

allright, but covering up body odor with perfume is generally a bad idea.

It is, but that odor is impossible get rid of, there is no antiperspirant on earth that can stop it.

SO just please recommend something if you have something

Fragrance won't cover BO, it'll just mix with the BO and smell fucking rancid. Go talk to your doctor and get hormone therapy or something.

150 bottles in my collection and BdC is in my top ten wear list
I think it's a lovely all purpose scent

Need something for daytime in warm weather. Previously wore Colonia Club, enjoyed the grassyness of it. Also a fan of woody scents. Found it harder to find daytime summery stuff as I like the more heavy scents like leather and tobacco oud. Male, 31, up to about £100.

I picked up ahs first, then bdc edt a few months later. There is a place for both. Personally I think bdc does better in the cold, both do well in heat.

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Yves Saint-Laurent L'Homme

Eh, have to agree to disagree, I guess. I just don't find it to be worth the money, personally.

Wtf youre insane ok

Damn didn't know FA was this full of faggots. Literally all other boards are more helpful.

thanks

Looking for recs if anyone can help me. I know very little about fragrances in general but this board seems to have some knowledge about the topic.

Sex: Male
Season: Winter
Style: Blacks, Whites, Greys, Minimal Designs, Casual (Jeans, Tees, Sneakers/Boots, Jackets, No Suits, etc.)
Budget :

He's not wrong, though. Cologne won't cover up nasty BO.

Is about 90-100$ for a 100ml of YSL Free Jazz reasonable?

one of my favorites is TM Pure Havane. great rich cherry with the TM DNA. if you don't want the cherry, all of its flankers are pretty much fantastic, Pure Malt getting particular acclaim. for cheapies, Burberry London is always a safe bet, as is Dior Homme Intense (strong iris, sweet). Armani Code Profumo is good too if you like cardamom.

looking for a good, light spring/summer scent, cheapie. i work outside and want to smell great in the heat. currently rolling with Set Sail Martinique but the aquatic lime is getting on my nerves

Versace Pour Homme. I know it's reccomended a lot, but it truly is invigorating every time you smell it. it's the kind of scent you go out of your way to smell your shirt for after it's stopped projecting, it's just so good

I work at a country club pool and this is what I wear

isn't that the one that comes in 200ml? i've heard it has sorry longevity, what's your experience in that department?

thanks but i work minimum wage, tom ford is not something i'm going to put on for work

anyone have experience with rasai? thinking about Al Wisam Day

oh also i too work at a country club, but i do greenskeeping for the golf course

Idk about the 200ml thing, but its longevity IS sort of lackluster, only 4-5 hours. Still, lt smells so great and never gets old, plus it's cheap af.

Have you tried Guerlain's Vetiver? It's got both the things you're looking for and can work as a summer scent.

oh 4-5 hours i can deal with, i'll just take it to work and reapply. i was thinking it was some sort of nautica thing where it goes away after an hour and a half. thanks for the rec

For under 1/10th of the price, im happy with something that doesnt suffer from batch inconsistencies

Well well, inspired by this thread and responses I went on a romp. Got me the recommended clone of this and then a YLS la nuit clone. Anybody used parfume parlour before? Seems pretty legit based on youtube reviews at least, we will see. Never was going to spend more than 20 quid anyways since my last bottle that cost a fiver has lasted for 4 years.

Ease up chad. No one cares about your inflated testosterone or microdick. If you come here asking for a recommendation and get one, dont be a bitch.
Personal aside, I used to be in a similar situation as you with the extreme sweat and bo. What helped was to trim my armpit hair, shower twice a day, drink a fuck tonne of water and to use either a mineral deoderant or medical-grade deoderant along the lines of 'rexona clinical protection'.
Other user was right when he said bo and frags dont mix well. Whatever you choose will only amplify your "musky manly sweat" and stink out a whole room. If you want to smell like a man, get your personal hygiene up to standards first

best clone for tuscan leather is hands-down rasasi la yuqawam. it's like $70 but worth every penny

I find it rather comical that you still imply it is my personal hygiene. But it just shows why Fa is regarded Fa, and why it is so slow. Sad.

Also I was just explaining why someone smells more, and to date, nothing can be done about sweat completely since then you die of overheating. But we

Hilarious that you have to pay 70$ for a clone... Its like paying 2000$ for a Rolex clone, while the real deal is 5k

Its obvious the fragarant faggotry in this indsutry is not worth more than a once in decade mall visit or a free christmas gift.

It's not about sweat, it's about your testosterone level, which can, in fact, be fixed. And you can get as mad as you want and not accept that wearing a fragrance won't just mix with your BO and not help, but that won't make it true. Fragrances react to your body chemistry, if you have issues with odor due to your body chemistry, fragrances will just smell funky on you.

Don't come here and ask for advice, then act like we're the assholes because you don't like the answer you got. You're acting like a petulant child.

ok have fun paying >$150 for a tom ford while i wear a strikingly similar fragrance for less than half the price. btw i fuck with the likes of xerjoff and pdm, i'm with the clone because it's almost the same fragrance.

Just copped me cdg amazingreen and I fking love it

what's the performance and longevity like

Is it a good idea to buy organic unscented deodorant and shower get from Etsy?
I just want nothing to interfere with my frags and i dont want the aluminium stuff. I say Etsy because i just wanna pay for 1 shipping.

Anyone have any recs for a good, classy-smelling shaving cream scent? I got a sample of Penhaligon's Tragedy of Lord George and it was nice, but way too expensive for how basic a scent it is.

Any recs for either something similar but cheaper, or something in the same price range but more sophisticated? Not looking for something floral-soapy, more that classic barber shop creamy shaving soap smell.

invasion barbare is pretty much the holy grail of shaving cream style scents but check out YSL rive gauche and margiela replica at the barbers for something cheaper

I sampled Invasion Barbare, liked it and might grab it at some point, but it doesn't really give me that shaving cream vibe. I don't really associate lavender with shaving cream.

I'll check out the others. I kind of want something very old-school, y'know what I mean? I'm not such a young guy, so I can definitely pull off a dad scent.

Very interested to know what are your favorite Oud based scents fellas?

It's by far my favorite note, and I think very few designer brands really "get it".

Either a really bad troll or someone that probably would thinks he knows better if he visited a dermo and they gave him similar talking points anons did ITT.

Either way, I have the perfect cure for you

it doesn't project very far at all past a couple of hours on the skin, but will maintain this level for a day or so.
It is very cold at the moment where i am so bear that in mind, probably better performance in hotter weather

This suits me though because I mostly wear fragrance for me and don't want to project too much

No I mean it should be around 20-30 bucks in comparison. Since you can get a Rolex homage for 200-500 dollars instead of 5k.

Im not even trolling but we. I guess its understandable in a thread where people are obsessed to smell good, people would look down on you for smelling naturally "bad".

The new Imaginary Authors frag is Josh's best yet desu

Can somebody plz explain why grills like this stuff so much? I like Sauvage much more: It feels cleaner, greener, fresher, and warmer all at the same time while being undeniably a better composition. However, it's so popular that whenever I wear it, it's pretty much indistinguishable from the rest of the crowd. Invictus' popularity is kind of dying down so I dont smell it as much anymore as when I was in college. I literally get atleast one compliment from (most very hot) women every time I wear it, and the very first time I wore it out after I got it as a gift I got laid. Are grills just plebs?

Got samples of MI and VIW today. Not sure about MI yet, dont think I'm a fan. Really like VIW though, would definitely wear this. Just doesn't warrant a $200 price tag though.. ahhh why do Creed do this

>Are grills just plebs?

Yes.

VIW is a solid summer frag, but I do not get why people like MI so much. It smells super salty and kinda like rust to me. I thought it was just me but my bro was with me when we sampled it in a store and he got the same vibe as well

Yeah the salt is a bit much. And it has that super generic base that a ton of designer frags have which I have never gotten from a Creed frag before. Definitely my least favourite Creed so far