How do you cope with huge losses?

How do you cope with huge losses?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CTBPdaRm-xY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell yourself you won't make the same mistake again.

Then make the same mistake again.

Enough time must pass that you have forgotten the original mistake (pot speeds this part up).

>he lost money on MGT

Lmfao. Im up $650 on MGT today alone. Why wouldnt you sell at 5.4 earlier? Christ.

take comfort in knowing some of us are doing very well

this. i fell for a pump and dump back in college and lost about $500. i just feel glad i didn't have a significant amount of money to invest back then. when i see shit like MGT now, i know to avoid. you can't time it. some people get lucky and make some money, but its a complete gamble.

currently in college and just learned this lesson the hard way

Not a complete gamble sweety.

Go to the mgt thread and my ID is rsiHM3UW.

You can see that I be calling before things even happened.

So what do you predict will happen with MGT? McAfee seems very confident he'll please investors.

Post your a screenshot of your P/L here then. And if you have two accounts taking opposite positions so you can always show profits then fuck you.

As posted before:

Doesn't matter. He isn't what he once "was", he was hardly even that in the 90s.

Lets look at is track record:

> 15 years ago he founded McAfee
> didn't sell to Intel, just sold his part in 95
> use to do coke & drink scotch at work
> after leaving mcafee he lived in a 3rd world country
> slept with 7 women & loads of guns
> found with 17 year old girl when searched
> trying to run for president?

I mean dude come on, he's 70 years old. He tried to convince the media he could bypass the iPhone & exploit Andriod.

He is a mere attention whore and this MGT is dotcom 2.0 bullshit.

That's what I think of the company. As for the stock though, it will continue having its ups n' downs until news breaks. If good news comes out on Friday, I believe it is, the stock will jump. But overall until any news comes out, it is stuck in limbo. Although if bad news comes out, gl & gg. Which is why I'm staying out, is cause' bad news can send it tumbling.

Just bought 300 shares. You're all rookie investors. You only lose money if you sell, and John Mcafee is in it for the long haul. You should be buying more when it tanks to 2.80.

Currently in college also and made $5670 off MGT in the past two weeks =)

>bought 1k worth at $5

JUST

fucking kill me desu. Congrats on your gainz. I could have sold at 5.4 but I got too greedy.

hopefully there will be one more pump

With that being said, how much do you think his Trump-tier hyping affects the stock price? I'm willing to jump on board for a while if it actually works some magic.

It won't effect it till news starts.

We're past the trump-tier hyping. People want evidence now and will start disregarding anything speculative.

>huge losses
Don't really have those. Before opening a position I assess the risk and put stops. Usually I'm not willing to take more than 5% risk, I'm ok with taking 5-7% only in case when the reward is much higher than risk like 20-30%.

I don't like penny stocks so I ignored MGT. Technical analysis is based on the notion that you can make predictions of the future prices based on the past prices, and that prices tend to form patterns. MGT was at a low level and it shot up based on emotions of traders, based on the media and speculations. Even if I would want to trade it I wouldn't know where to put stops because that shit is so volatile. The only way for to trade it successfully would be sitting and watching it and get out today after seeing a double top forming, but still this shit is volatile.

Don't enter trades with the idea that "THIS CAN ONLY GO UP!"
You need to set stops and ask yourself "where is this trade going to be in x amount of time?"
If your predictions are wrong, you need to re-evaluate. Even with superduper longterm trades.
This is the most basic shit.

Invest in $GEVO. BUY THE DIP. TO THE MOON IN JUNE!!!

WHEN PEOPLE ARE GREEDY, BE FEARFUL
WHEN PEOPLE ARE FEARFUL, BE GREEDY

LITERALLY THE MOMENT THE MGT PRICE MADE THE NEWS, IT WAS SHILLED ON HERE DAILY AND EVERYONE WAS GREEDY

THAT SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU EVERYTHING

ALL CAPS BECAUSE I REALLY WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I'M YELLING AT YOU ON THE INTERNET

You monster.

>"You're all rookie investors. You only lose money if you sell, and John Mcafee is in it for the long haul."
>gives money to a pedophile old lunatic that lost touch with reality
>calls himself an investor

kid, you payed for his coke and thai hookers, that is not investing it is idiotism. the fucker is 70 years old had a couple of strokes is known for being a lunatic, liking thai traps and being a murder suspect fugitive, last time he did shit in cyber security was 15 years ago, he sold his shares of mcafee software in 95' and got shit from the intel deal that happend afterwards. he spread shit about being able to hack the iPhone, WhatsApp, now even claims he can hack Google, Android the fuck what not, all hoaxes. He doesn't give a fuck about this MGT company that has like 2Mil$ on the books net value and one guy running it, he'll take his pump money, and gtfo to some thai nation to fuck even more thai teen traps.

>How do you cope with huge losses?

learn to fucking value a company. there is no fucking way a company with 2$mil net value and 0,14$ fair share price can be worth 50mil$ on the market, if it has absolutely no asset or growth prediction that would back that up. 100% of MGT idiots on this board don't know shit why the company is valued that high, but they still put their fucking money in it. To be honest, idiots don't deserve money, so neither do you, good someone more capable got it.

Diversification.

Bought 390 shares on Thursday and sold yesterday for $1300 profit. I should have held overnight and sold this morning, but I could have just as easily continued holding and lost most of my gains. I just wish I had more than the initial $800 I had to invest, then I could have made thousands. Still had a good time my first time investing.

It was very easy to profit from this. It went from 2.00 on Monday to 5.50 today. Even more if you got in last week.

Do we buy at 2.55~ biz what do you think??

Too late

McCafe make me a millionare

Damn, what an amazing life. I'm proud to have given him money. I now know what it's like to be proud for a king. I shouldn't have sold when my $10 Robinhood MGT holding made 500% a yesterday, I should have held on to those shares until they hit zero, because this man deserves it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CTBPdaRm-xY

Listhen to the interview this crazy fucker and his gf almost got thrown in trash compactor in belize crazy shit

>65 shares

These are the type of broke retards on biz

How do you cope with taking advice from Veeky Forums?

Always makes me laugh. Especially the dudes who own single digit shares of penny stocks lol

Don't make them

Pretty good actually. Made me $550 today alone

Try not being an idiot that buys meme penny stocks. Just trade options and only risk what you can stomach to lose.

You keep going. You probably put too much money in one thing without a strategy.

Im mad that I lost 200 dollars to this meme even though Im still up 800 dollars in my non pump/dumps

kek. I made almost 3 grand on this stock. sold yesterday tho bc I'm attracted to women

I lost everything

Well it's not a loss if I don't sell, r-right guys?

It is when then cmpanies at 0.

Not sure why people didn't sell at that 3.6 bump after it hit 2.8 or whatever. That's thr highest it'll go in the next year.

This

You won't get 100 percent raises like the last few days. It'll be small incremental until news comes out

AH are looking good, so it might be volatile still but after that storm, it'll stay until there's evidence

wut

when are we expecting news?

Damn right !! I've got $40k in Enron stock and if I ever need a loan I'll use it for collateral because that's what I've got in it. It ain't a loss until you take it user.

Shut up cucks