Watch Thread

just ordered this, thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/TOMMY-HILFIGER-Multifunctional-Mens-Quartz-watch-1791293-/322462576248?hash=item4b14446e78:g:VlkAAOSwCU1Y1UDC
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shite

hahahaha

Congrats, you couldn't do any worse

wow so sweet I bet its made in italy and its got great quality,not a chinese shitty 5$ watch at all!

this better be bait

Thots?

I think the dial is too cluttered and the band itself is tacky. Overall, I hope you didn't spend too much on it OP.

DERP! ARMANI WATCH LOL GET IT! I TROLLED YOU !

i fuckign hate all these infantile trolly derpy fucking shit thredas

Shitties watch general i have ever seen

>neighborhood jewelry/watch shop is having a sale
>bought a Casio MDV-106 as a nice travel and dive watch
>later, bouncing around /g/
>see watch thread with an image of a watch that looks like my new purchase
>realize my watch is a Rolex knockoff

I have no intention of returning it ,but how do I mange the smug sneers of rolexfags?

Rolex homages are widely accepted. Every major brand as a sub homage and most have datejust or other model homages

Its just too similar for me

yikes

just copped from amazon, went to the jeweler today and switched out the stock bracelet for something less slinky.

Name a better brand than Seiko
Pro tip: you can't

Got this for graduation, how did I do, lads?

just get a vosktov lol

Changed the stock green nylon bracelet for a cheap ""leather"" one from ebay

TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK

W2C?

Timex Weekender, try googling it or searching on eBay, it's a normie tier watch

That's a fucking ugly watch desu. You should have bought a Seiko SKX007K.

You have good taste user

Neat. Where did you find the old Black Bay, was it used? The old Black Bay and Pelagos both seem nicer looking to me, too bad they got improved movements and worse appearance in the current versions.

Is it alright to buy from Amazon? I bought a Seiko watch at a retailer for 200 after discounts but I see it going on Amazon for 150 + free shipping.

Wanting to cop pic related. Prolly gonna change the strap. Thoughts?

Forgot pic

I'm thinking about getting a vintage casio to fit with my terrorwave fit. Can I get some inspo/links? something with cyrillic on it would be nasty

does Veeky Forums like clear case backs?

Almost every watch brand has a diver in this style.

looks like a 50+ yr dad watch OP

What about Veeky Forums clocks? I want a sweeping hand wall clock. I've been disappointed by the look of most Seiko models, which surprised me. Any other good sweeping second hand brands?
(I'm aware of real clock motions, looking for something cheap in this regard)

>All these submariner clones
Pleb tastes.
This is what you want.
Or a milgauss

Like this

Which one? Both automatic (Seiko combined with quartz).

Left.
I hate numbers on dials

My thought

the new lugs of rolex are shite. Horrible lines.

What are lugs?

the case part where you attach the band. The new rolex have wider lugs, and they look like crap.

Left. Not a fan of the font on the numbers, or numbers on a dress watch.

How's this watch lads, thinking about picking one up this week.

No

No

nah

enjoy your secondly ticking update. it's loud too so your watch will make sure you won't miss it :)

Buy it, you literally can't get a better watch for that price. I have one, it's a superb watch, simple and elegant.

Not for me, I prefer a leather, plastic or fibre strap

Gotta be big and shiny so everyone else can spot your ROLEX from a mile away. It's too bad, what made Rolex good in the first place was that they were elegant despite being tough waterproof sports watches.

u fukt up

sure

ebay.com/itm/TOMMY-HILFIGER-Multifunctional-Mens-Quartz-watch-1791293-/322462576248?hash=item4b14446e78:g:VlkAAOSwCU1Y1UDC

aye, i'm mew to this style of watches. My casio FT-610 has always had a differentiating appearance from other brands.
But it has recieved too much cosmetic damage for casual use.

Sea-dweller or Oyster perp rhodium?

sea-dweller? Why? Between those two go for the Oyster.

I like the look of the subs, currently have a Tudor Black Bay (blue). I want a date but the cyclops is ugly as fuck.
Rather have a sea-dweller.

Recently saw a Oyster in grape and really like those as well. But I red isn't that nice for daily wear.

but if you like the subs because of the bezel, maybe you should look the gmt II and the explorer II. I really don't like the sea-dweller, looks too bulky.
You have to consider that the biggest oyster is 39mm without that huge bezel, so it's going to feel small compared with the tudor.

Thanks, user
First hand, Bought at a dealer

Oh no, they're exactly the right size for me.
I don't like the GMT (too big) as well as the Explorer II and Daytona bezels.

I'm probably going to go with the OP Rhodium, big enough for me.
Thanks, user

i have small wrist and i never really gave a fuck about buying watches up until this year

Can you people recommend me something cool for a watch noob with small wrist?

i like the sizes of moto 360 and apple watches BUT i don't actually want a smart watch, just a watch and of course money is a issue aswell

c/n?

I need a watch that's not a fucking timex weekender. Is this okay for nicer work meetings/dates/times I want to impress people, or can I do better in the < $500 range?

Timex Weekender. It's a good cheap and decent watch. Not too big and has interchangeable straps so you can get one that's right for your wrist.

where is it made
weather I like it or not hinges on that

noalso no
these I like Swiss made with a medium size face with metal band

Mandatory warning that the weekender ticks loud as hell, not a good choice if you work in a quiet office for example

oyster

After going back and forth a lot I'm pretty sure I want a Tudor North Face. This weekend I think I'll go to a store and try it on and compare it side by side with a Ranger too and maybe an Explorer. It'll be a graduation present from my dad. So, cop or not?

If you don't care about it being quartz or automatic, I would recommend the Tissot Courturier Chronograph. I have one, it looks very sharp, and the chronograph complication takes the watch a step back from being strictly a dress watch.

Also, you can get a quartz Junghans Max Bill for around that price, and they're very nice. Being from a company that's a part of the movement bringing the industry away from the Swiss for once, most watch-people will respect your choice.

If you want an automatic movement, I would go for the Seiko Cocktail Time or something from Hamilton. Both respected companies that make solid time pieces for the money.

I would avoid the big bezels if you're looking to be dressy in anyway. There are far too many investment hardos who wear they're financed Submariners with their suits not realizing how casual they look.

yo guys just copped this insane watch
am i Veeky Forums yet

I.D on watch?

Freestyle Shark Clip

Want to get a Junkers Max Bill Auto (no date window) as my first nicer watch. Thoughts?

Junghans I haven't had my coffee yet :( Saving up for the real think instead of just pulling the trigger on a Junkers.

Is this the best watch for a techwear fit?

What are your guys's thoughts on this Apple Watch band?

Cop or not? Costs $150

they are very pretty, but I rather go with an used watch for that price.

Vintage Raketa, look them up on ebay. Mechanical watches from the USSR that are deco, really durable, and have a small case diameter

God I remember when I nearly fell for this normie meme.

Need help! I'm new to watches and I have no idea where to look for an affordable and good looking watch. I'm 18, have skinny wrists and this will be my first watch. Needs to look good with most basic everyday outfits.

any seiko presage.

Sup poor fags

it works for me

Casio W59 or similar.

the cheap smaller Casios are the perfect size for you and they are not smartwatches either, just multifunctional old-school digital ones.

Thanks for replying, sadly it's a little too expensive for me atm. I have 230$ to spend, guess I should've wrote that

Tissot Eveytime, great Swiss brand with loads of heritage

>Tissot Eveytime
Everytime*

kys sir

Thanks alot. Which strap would you recommend if I want to wear it with anything? Also, which size?

Pic related is 50% off and is a Medium sized one.

I literally own this and have 0 problems with it. Got i for free tho.

That looks literally like a Timex, might as well just get one of those instead at Walmart for $5. If you're looking to spend like $200 on a quartz watch you should easily be able to find something that at least actually looks good and doesn't come on a 50 cent nylon strap.

kill yourself

If you have small wrist go dressier so a leather or NATO strap. If I was you though would save up for an solid automatic watch, the Tissot everytime I recommend before is a quartz(which means its battery powered) watch nerds consider quartz to be cheap and have no soul , I only recommend it too you because of your price range, you cant go wrong with Tissot, Hamilton, or Seiko etc.. Just stay away from the cheap "fashion brands" like Daniel Wellington MVMT ,Nixon, Michael Kors, Armani etc..they are all made from cheap Chinese parts and cost less than $10 to make yet the sell them for 300...

middle one, c/n?

Oh and for the size not sure how big your wrist are but if they are small don't go above a 40mm

Read the last bit..

I ended up going with the movado, I know price is not the only factor but it's a $1200 watch for $325, by far the nicest watch I've ever owned and decent enough for my purposes at this point in my life (28). I tried it on at Macy's and thought it fit great, so I went.

Clearly, I have a lot more to learn about watches then "get a weekender."

>it's a $1200 watch for $325
Do people really fall for this MSRP inflation bullshit? Surely you have the critical thinking skills to realize that they aren't actually offering you a product that they ever seriously expected to sell for $1200, right?

This wasn't an MSRP meme. It was the price quoted to me at Macy's.

in the words of Anthony Fantano...
>the only reason why someone would spend $800 on a watch is because they can't spend an actual impressive amount of money on a watch
It's a shitty design with a shitty strap, and that's not even mentioning one of the biggest watch-buying rule
>ONLY BUY WATCHES FROM WATCH COMPANIES

Well, just because the manufacturer says it's a $1,200 watch, doesn't mean it is worth that in reality. MSRP rates are often hiked up by watch brands simply because they'll be able to sell a higher volume to stores if those stores can then in turn tell costumers that they're saving a boat load of money. But I mean, Movado has its history, and with the recognizable design it makes their watches worthwhile for people who aren't watch snobs.

That's not to say that it isn't a nice watch, it certainly is, but there isn't very much horological beauty to it. Of course, if you don't give a shit about the inner mechanisms of a watch and the intricacies of watch making, then there's really no reason to go out and spend thousands on a mechanical, in-house, Swiss made movement. Your watch will keep more precise time and you won't have to wind it.

At the end of the day, the most important part about having a watch is if you enjoy it. You've said you're not well versed on watches, so I'm just explaining my rationale behind recommending other brands.