UTG (Urban) Techwear General

>Is X techwear?
It can include but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands:
• Tech Ninja/Cyberpunk (ACRNM, ACG, Guerrilla Group, Y-3)
• Activewear (NikeLab, Adidas, Gyakusou)
• “Gray Man” (Unobtrusive) (Veilance, Outlier)
• Outdoors (The North Face, Patagonia, Arc’teryx)
• Military (Arc’teryx LEAF, Triple Aught Design, Surplus)
Post news, inspo, and fits. Start flame wars, berate each other anonymously and have fun.

>Techwear Discord link:
discord.gg/V4QqkxF

>Techwear guide
tuxbell.com/index.php/Guide_to_Urban_Techwear

>Brand spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MgLVu61LQrd59jNlOgwYaqxR3Jo35XY1gwOsTfmT9U/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

superfabric.com/
grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Image dump inbound

Neat looking textile you guys might be interested in:

superfabric.com/

I have these boots that use it coming in the mail

Lookin' for a solid sling backpack, something pretty small. Any suggestions?

Threadly reminder boxwood is a faggot

The atom 8L sling bag is not a bad choice.

Reminder Gibson is a cucklord

ca i post

looks tryhard af
maybe too much of the same genre

Thanks m8. Looks great!

>ca i post

is vince techwear?

There was a time when he wasn't an Acronym shill

#FACTS

Are you trying to owen wilson me?

Does anyone have examples of outfits with the P23 or P10? Or ideas if nothing else

KYS

P23

p10

Is a bald head good for this kind of style. My hair is hurting and I need to buzz it

>Have hella pockets
>Don't utilize any of them

>Every piece I'm wearing is water proof/resistant even though I don't actually walk in the rain and drive everywhere

>All of my clothing allows for mobility and full range of motion even though I'm not active at all and have not been to a gym since highschool

>It can includ but is not limited to a number of aesthetics and brands
>Outdoors
>Northface

This is Techwear.

Definitely. I'm buzzed down to a very short high and tight and I don't really regret it. The buzz look goes well with techwear, and if worst comes to worst techwear looks good with hats too.

I'd wear that hiking any day

>projecting

SHAMELESS PLUG
grailed.com/listings/2283385-Adidas---Kazuki-Kuraishi-Lab84-Technical-M65
Selling Lab84 3L hardshell
You can reply to this post if you are cool dealing outside of grailed cause fuck that site

Fuck user, if it was a large I would have bought. Is that you in the photos? Very nice fit

Yeah, what's your height/weight?
I feel like if you are much taller than 6' L is probably better but should be fine otherwise, unless you are looking for specific kinda fit.

Thanks, not doing it yet, but I'll have to give in eventually.
6'2" 160 lbs. I'd definitely need a large for a jacket like that. Good luck selling it

pls ignore the numale wearing it

What are some techwearish hats?

lol he lives in my neighborhood

>a fucking apron

I'm still waiting for someone to make technical overalls.

me2

We need more Goretex cloaks desu.

desu it's pretty cool. but nobody will buy it

I wish this board had mods, these threads need to go back to /cgl/ where they belong

Post fit

please pm me facebook lad

There are hundreds technical overalls, it's just that you weaboos won't buy them because they're not black and aren't covered in useless zippers and pockets.

>says there are hundreds
>posts zero, and then resorts to ad hominem

I can't wait to see what you've got.

But in all seriousness there are overalls out there already made of goretex and ones for use in the military. North 66 has some goretex ones made for fishing.

He's correct in that most overalls are "technical" (designed specifically for protection/comfort with little regard to aesthetics) even if they don't don't fit the usual criteria that this general uses for that term.

Workwear in general should be incorporated into more casual tech fits

>tfw literally can't into the Nike Rift because flat feet autism insoles

MARK MY WORDS
TECHWEAR IS DEAD

no shit

It's cool but it's also dumb as hell. It's something you only put on to take IG photos or when you're going to a fashion meet. The functionality and practicality is there as a style moment only. It's cosplay.

>It's cosplay.
well no duh, it's techwear

You're taking the style at only face value. It's not just the hammed up shit on IG.
Look at Outlier, LEAF, Isaora, Mission Workshop, among tons of other brands that offer technical clothing.
Some people can live a lifestyle where they can walk around in full Rick, and the same applies to the 'techninjas'. The rest of us incorporate techwear in a manner that is befitting to our own lives.

>Techwear
>Not IRC
Some guys you are

>Workwear in general should be incorporated into more casual tech fits

I concur with this. I've been starting to apply it to what I wear to work with good success.

Ok sure but the only people who wear this garbage and call it techwear are limp wristed nu males who don't live active lifestyles or any sort of lifestyle that would make this stuff not look like cosplay, literally only ever seen one person who doesnt look like cosplay in techwear

Please stop. You're projecting now. The discord literally has a channel dedicated to fitness.

just make some yourself, doofus

They exist, look harder.

Added what in the last couple of weeks then?
Boxwood wasnt in shape, black wasn't, that alaskan kike manlet wasn't, phrisk wasn't, that asian guy who posted literal cosplay was fat af, matts a twink, benji is literally anorexic

The fittest dude in the discord had a decade on literally everyone else not exactly a health concious community

This

Also their tech crew is weak as fuck compared to the OG meets. Case in point.

Now this is the real shit. See the difference? TWG are all wannabes. The original Sufu Wrecking Crew didn't fuck around. Not to mention they got a full Hypebeast feature and now The Vision has his own podcast.

TWG is nothing and will be dead in 2 months tops. Cap this post.

Twgs only claim is that theyre "larger" than anyone else ignoring quality over quantity

I have yet to see a good fit come out of twg from someone other than rais

Is SuFu even that good in comparison, I've only seen pictures of some fits and usually they're pretty bad.

Yeah, don't know why OP keeps making snail paste threads.

Anyone got info on Junya Watanabe x The North Face SS18?

>Having to take off your jacket to access your backpack

Believe it or not, most people on the discord never read Gibson's work before.

But this isn't the snail paste thread, this is the UTG.

>Wasn't
>wasn't
>wasn't
Hi nuke, how's being banned?

Yeah, the fitness channel has been up for almost a month now. There was enough discussion to warrant it.

Cheers mate

Post fit

Maybe you could put your qt 3.14's stuff in the back, but that makes the guy seem betaish.
Just too weird of a jacket for me even though I like the colorway.

How could I afford a girlfriend when trying to build a techwear wardrobe.

>Techwearish
What do you possibly mean?

any lunarfag man in?

eh, even for lunarcore I'm not too into these.

Not bad, not interacting with clueless faggots in cosplay is an important step in self improvement

i fuck with these pretty hard

aren't u right now tho

Wow yeah you're right, better not fuck around with peak male performance

lmao you think:
looks good
KYS

I'm not and I agree this is shit as well. Acronym prestos instantly ruin any fit.

I like benji but he is a limp wristed faggot

>tfw barber never listens to what I want and just gives me a random haircut

> tfw I don't care

Anyone know of EU-based Outlier alternatives?
I'm looking for some pants with stretch, some articulation, and water resistance. Something in a slim jeans or chino cut I can wear on my bike. I'm considering ordering from them, but shipping + import taxes add up and returning overseas is a hassle.

Levis Commuter line
I think Uniqlo stocks blocktech pants like that but probably not during summer
And really just find online retailer that sells /out/ shit like scandinavian outdoor or something, and check the stock and models and do some research and googling, lot of brands do that kinda pants these days

Sounds like you should get a new barber

You're a memeshitting frogposting /b/tard, why the hell should anyone listen to you?

>EU based
Now that's a tough one. I know a lot of cycling companies stock stuff of similar but not the same quality.
I agree with this user. Otherwise just start saving up and wait to cop Outlier or Isaora at sale prices.

Get buzzcut. That's impossible to fuck up.

Quality is the reason I'm looking for something made in the EU — made in US/Canada is great, but with shipping and taxes I'm paying at least 30% premium if I'm importing, so if there's an alternative at the same price point I'd rather buy that.

Stuff made elsewhere can be quality too of course, so if anyone has more hands on experience, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the input so far.

Just bought this, did I do good?

[spoiler]It feels and looks great imo[/spoiler]

Never a bad choice, especially when you're just starting or only looking for something to wear on rainy days.

It actually has been a real lifesaver during the rainy days. Now all I need are some waterproof jeans/pants and I'm all set for a while.

I had a Fission SV, hated the fucking velcros scratching my wrists. Also the silhouette was disgusting slim fit like, expanding huge ass.

Overriced made in chinkland trash

Yeah, mainline can be hit or miss.
I have a the Arc' LEAF Bravo jacket that's p comfy
There are tons of options, Enfin leve has some
not too expensive pants you can get in Stotz Etaproof or Schoeller for not too much. Just shop around and you'll find something.