Update me on crypto

My knowledge:

>So we had bitcoin. But varoufakis says that it cannot be a viable currency because it's deflationary.

>Shitloads of completely pointless bitcoin clones popped up and it's a miracle that they ever had any value.

>then everyone thought the block chain was really cool.

>Ethereum and lisk are like bitcoin but allowed you to create programs that are hosted in a decentralised way (I don't know why anyone would care about that), so they provided something new.

So then what? And why care?

Other urls found in this thread:

r3cev.com/about/
r3cev.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buy ethereum you fucking nutter

This man is retarded. Eth's ship has sailed and the mining is now commandeered by chinese mining farms who will make a bajillion hello world contracts to keep their shitty currency from fulfilling its intended purpose.

the currencies are as valuable as shit that you produce every day. the only thing that actually is great, has value and is implemented for internal transactions in BB's is the blockchain technology.

I don't know if you cryptocuck retarded neet brains can comprehend it, but every bank interested in the blockchain technology to speed up their transaction process has an inhouse programmer or a company that designed a blockchain technology to specifically fit the corporations needs.

Fucking. Idiots

I have no words

>Fucking. Idiots
>I have no words

you can always REEEE

You're just dense beyond belief.

Tell me how a bank can "own" a blockchain, which is by definition a permissionless trustless p2p ledger?

Its like trying to roll a cigarette underwater. Its doomed to failure

>Tell me how a bank can "own" a blockchain, which is by definition a permissionless trustless p2p ledger?

A bank will not own a fucking blockchain, but a company will create a common standard blockchain for banking institutions. FFS educate yourself on the technology before posting here.

>Implying I didn't mine last year when it was actually viable

I got better things to invest in.

How? How will they resitrict this "blockchain" to only financial institutions while also keeping it permissionless?

Ergo you're a moron

You didnt do shit you nocoin fag stop lying

>How? How will they resitrict this "blockchain" to only financial institutions while also keeping it permissionless?

By giving acredited users the permission to access a particular blockchain you fucking retard.

r3cev.com/about/

Blockchain is just a mechanism to reach consensus, you could have a blockchain with only 10 banks on it and they will all agree on the transactions on their blockchain.

So how is that a blockchain?

holding a stick and shouting bang doesnt mean you have a gun. Just like having a permissioned ledger doesnt mean you have a blockchain

BUY THE DIP

This. It is 10x better than a blockchain.

No ot defeats the whole purpose of a blockchain. And its totally useless because it does nothing to replace the middleman which is the whole advantage of using a blockchain.

Pretty much this. R3CEV defeats the whole purpose of a blockchain. There really is no need for a blockchain anymore once this becomes live.

Stfu you twat.

Ahahahah

well two things:
bitcoin is near the end of it's life cycle it does not scale well and is constantly spammed to shits.
mining profitability will receive a huge blow in 3 months which will probably result in increased transaction fees. you need to provide a pretty steep fee to get your transaction processed in 2 hours as of now. it's a hidden tax on the bitcoin. and it will only get worse.

when people realize all this it will probably go to the bin. price crash then slowly gets forgotten.

eth is all hyped and shit but to me it seems like the most inefficient retarded shit ever dreamed up.

You're a complete idiot. Ethereum is a work of genius and you're a nocoin herpaderp

>I don't know why anyone would care
You know all those times the pirate bay gets shut down bedside powerful governments enforce local copyright laws on international citizens? That wouldn't be possible with something running on ethereum.

Lisk is pointless though since ethereum already has a javascript api and a huge market cap.

>genius
you use that definition pretty loosely

>Ethereum is a work of genius and you're a nocoin herpaderp

no, crypto 2.0 is. ethereum is just another meme shit built upon that technology.

now faggots please tell me, for what do you use ETH? do you just buy it and hold it hoping it will rise in value, or do you actually use the technology?

do you know any institution that uses it, how they use it and for what?

>in-house decentralized network that defeats the purpose of being decentralised
Good luck with that ddos.

>Good luck with that ddos.
they are beyond good luck

>R3 is a financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership with over 40 of the world's leading banks, to design and deliver advanced distributed ledger technologies to global financial markets. r3cev.com/

You're an idiot.

Yup, and that technology is ethereum based. R3 is ethereums trojan horse in the financial system