Formal

There needs to be more formal in the world. Casually worn formal. All the time, Everywhere. It's literally the hottest and most aesthetic thing a guy can wear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l60MnDJklnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not a thing because it's inconvenient.
there are days where you wanna dress up and some days you just wanna wear your favorite t-shirt and be as casual as you can be.

I knew two dudes in highschool (small highschool, about 200 kids) who dressed up every day and they were just delights to see, and very nice, clean, practical people. They were very popular with the ladies too, I just think it'd be an easier life for guys if they dressed neatly all the time.

nigga are you serious?

you sound like the type of dude who would wear a suit and breifcase to highschool and then fap to anime and post on /r9k/ when he gets home.

you're not dr who

It's all about the appearances, isn't it? A sharp looking fellow could do just the most uncool things at home, but while out in public, that's not what people will see.

the pic you uploaded looks terrible. go back to dappered.com

>A sharp looking fellow

I have nothing helpful to contribute, please post more sexy Jano

I'm a girl and I wouldn't know, I only hot on /formal/ adult men during highschool
Sure thing

>you're not dr who
Wish I was, ypu kmow how much pussy I'd get?
This. New an antisocial vid geek manlet in highschool who hooked up with 9s because be dressed nicely and had some good stubble going on. I'd kiss him, no homo.
>dappered.com is an insult now

Is my audism good?!

That's pretty damn sexy. You going to wear some cream chinos with those?

Horrible

Yeah,and a rainbow suit jacket with steampunk sunglasses in breast pocket!

This isn't formal, you remtard. Do you see a tailcoat anywhere? It's not even semi-formal, lounge/business suits ARE CASUAL.

Moreover, the half-caste schlub in your pic is wearing a belt with a waistcoat, on trousers which are far too low-rise, no less. Shirt gaps are haram. His trousers are cut far too tight and he hasn't even buttoned up his shirt. He even seems to have left the shop tag in his jacket!

In short, this guy's a disgrace to civilization and only coasting by on his admittedly good looks; nobody should dress this way, let alone guys who don't have a face that offsets all the dumb shit they could ever do.

>earrings
>girl scarf
>alleged man
Try again, Jim

>bottom button on the waistcoat done up
disgraceful

>lounge/business suits ARE CASUAL.
Are you not American? This is not the case in America.
>a belt with a waistcoat, on trousers which are far too low-rise, no less. Shirt gaps are haram
I agree with this statement, it makes his waist coat look much too small for him, but it does show off his body rather nicely.
Also that's not a shop tag, it's the ectra button which yes, he should have taken out before going to an event.
You shut you mouth, wool scarves are sexy on men.

Okay pop-punk

I would do anything to ensure that I never saw the word aesthetic be used as an adjective again.

Standards might be slipping but he is correct about the definitions.
You know a tuxedo is also called a dinner jacket, right? That's because you put it on to go have dinner in!
It was considered a hip, more casual alternative to white tie back in the day.
You can see this addressed in the show Downton Abbey.
A suit was just what men wore "casually."

this
not the poster but people are so uniformed when it comes to dress clarification. why on earth is your business suit (ie work clothes) considered 'formal'?

i have fucking friends who say WOW CLASSY XD when I wear a short sleeved button up

>A suit was just what men wore "casually."
I want that back so bad
They're stupid, you have stupid friends user.

>i want that back
not happening, but in western europe & parts of Asia it's not totally gone
>you have stupid friends
yes because fashionable ignorance equates to stupidity

anyways back to r/mfa you go

How'd a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

Because I know what makes my eyes happy

???

>this is how much insight women have into menswear
Jesus H. Christ. You're so ignorant you make the goofninjas look good, bitch.

>This is not the case in America.
It's the case EVERYWHERE, you cretinous oaf. Formal is white tie or a morning suit. Semi-formal is a tuxedo (as well as a stroller if you're German or odd). Suits are casual, sportcoat and trousers are very casual, jeans and a t-shirt are "I've just been nuked, I found these on a dead trucker as I staggered out of the rubble".

>the shirt gap shows off his body rather nicely
What in the fuck are you even saying? What part of his body is being shown off by his trousers being four inches too low for his waistcoat, you imbecile? His shirt-covered navel?

>Also that's not a shop tag, it's the extra button
>the extra button is rectangular, two inches wide, four inches long and has writing on it
Okay then.

>wool scarves
It's not the material (although, DOUBT.jpg), it's the weave and drape of the thing. This kind of scarf on a man looks at best like he's thrown a rag over his neck to soak up oil with while he works on a car engine. At worst, like user said, it makes you look like a gigantic flaming homo, like the guy in the pic. Wearing a scarf indoors is an absolute no in any case. There's no excuse for any of this shit.

desu I would indeed like to be able to wear a suit in every day life without looking like a tryhard

anyone got good, uh, "casual formal" inspiration pics?

You have shit taste, OP.

The Italians have got it down. Lino Ieluzzi, Giampaolo Alliata, and Gianni Agnelli are my inspiration.

you were one of the two dudes weren't you?

The Italians are sexy and have the best mobs, that's why they're great

No I was the awkward dork who couldn't get up the courage to talk with them
The waistcoat shows off his figure and the extra button comes in a little rectangular baggie pinned to the inside of the jacket.

if i were a eurocuck i surely would, but where i live most days are 29-30 celsius, so it's a big no-no.

it's out of place to a point where people give you looks, it's not something usual with young men.

i don't dress up as much as i'd like because weather, but something along the lines of sport chic to preppy.

i've never dressed for other people, to get compliments or such, i wear what i like, and i think that's the problem.

Most young men i know wear clothes to attract girls, and i don't give a shit if i look good to other people, so i don't follow trends.

If most people had clothes for themselves i'm sure this would become a thing again.

doesn't get much better than patrick bateman.

I like your style user, keep doing you. Where do you live though if it's so hot outside?

thank you, my dear.

i live in São Paulo, Brazil.

Oh cool. So is the /int/ meme about Brazilians being black true? Or are you white/hispanic?

i'm whiter than most white north americans i've met.

yes, it is true that lots of brazilians are black, not where i live tho.

I bet they sucked dick too.

>No I was the awkward dork who couldn't get up the courage to talk with them
me too ;_;

That's interesting. I've never been to Brazil, I bet it's nice there. Do you have an Instagram or something I could follow you on?
I-it's okay user

>Suits are casual
youtube.com/watch?v=l60MnDJklnM
We are in 2017.

yes i do, @yukosaturno.

Thanks I'll send you a friend request
This. No one wears suits in this day and age unless they consciously try to be dapper.

At least it's not 2007. We're almost getting there, again, for "casual" suits. More people wore suits in 2007 because they had to, now there's more free-wearers out there.

That's true, but just because more people wear them without needing to doesn't mean there formality is degraded. They are still worn in higher end business and formal events, and unless that changes, there formality will remain solidified.

>being this 12 years old
ISHYGDDT

Not an argument.

And I'm not doing anything, it's a cultural norm, suits are formal garments, this will not change any time soon.

>it's a cultural norm, suits are formal garments
No, see, this is retarded, and it shows that you're twelve, because nobody but an adolescent would believe this. And so your handing out """advice""" is really ridiculous and embarrassing.

Suits are literally casualwear, and people have explained this to you in detail several times in this thread already. If you showed up to a "higher end formal event" in a fucking lounge suit you'd be the shame of the party if you were even let in. The fact that you don't seem to comprehend this despite being told over and over implies the cocksure self-confidence of the pubescent retard. In short, you are twelve and what the fuck is this?

Just because you lack societal and historical knowledge doesn't mean they don't make an impact. There is a reason most people are hesitant in wearing a suit outside of formal settings. You can wear one "casual" but understand 99.99% of people around you see it differently. Because it's on another level of design, historical influence, quality and adjustment, it's automatically set apart from a one ply t shirt and jeans. Now this is subjective, yes, but again, you should be conscious to everyone around you. You shouldn't wear a suit to a tennis match and you shouldn't wear a hoodie and cargo shorts to a fortune 500 CFO interview. It's all about perspective.

Now let me as this, what do you consider formal clothing? (careful with this question, you may show how bad you are at trolling)

Just because you lack societal and historical knowledge doesn't mean they don't make an impact. There is a reason most people are hesitant on wearing a suit outside of formal settings. You can wear one "casual" but understand 99.99% of people around you see it differently. Because it's on another level of design, historical influence, quality and adjustment, it's automatically set apart from a one ply cotton t-shirt and jeans. Now this is subjective, yes, but again, you should be conscious to everyone around you. You shouldn't wear a suit to a tennis match and you shouldn't wear a hoodie and cargo shorts to a fortune 500 CFO interview. It's all about perspective.

Now let me as this, what do you consider formal clothing? (careful with this question, you may show how bad you are at trolling)

Fak

Posted it twice

Whatever

He's not me, but thanks for the message. Suits are formal though, and they will always be formal. Men were expected to look posh and formal in the 40's and 50's which is why suits were worn casually, but that fid not make them casual garments. They wore suits to look the expected professional formal style.