DIGITAL WALLETS

Ok guys, I'm doing it. Buying cryptos. What's the most secure way to do this? Do I need a new wallet for every different type of coin? I think today I'm going to buy 1 bitcoin, and $50 of Ethereum.

I doubt my banks will allow me to do this though, so how do you guys do it? Any /crypto/ general guides out there or anyting?

Why the fuck are you buying a bitcoin? Just spend the whole $500 on ethereum and roll like a buster.

Download the mist wallet from ethereum.org or use myetherwallet.com

can i use a debit card/paypal?

why mist?

Depends where you're living.

In europe there are services to buy ETH direct with bank transfer, in usa you will have to use bitcoin to buy it.

Either way, holding bitcoin is risky, that shit is about to dump to $350 or below, check out r/bitcoinmarkets daily discussion thread, the panic that the price is creeping down is hilarious and the sour graping of eth is off the charts

Its up to you, mist is the official wallet app, best to use it with linux.

If you're a windows user just use the myetherwallet page and follow the instructions

this isn't easy

I run Linux and would like to use mist, it just seems sorta confusing

ok, i found the prebuilt versions. I wasn't good enough for the others.

Why do you think banks wont let you do this? They love when you buy cryptos because they rape you coming and going on bank transfer fees.

DLing my mist wallet now, don't I need BTC to buy Eth?

I just read that many banks don't allow it..

But anyway, I'm setting up my mist wallet now, really excited :^) I can use it anywhere I can use BTC, right?

Yeah you're going to have to solve that problem yourself, i recommend localbitcoins, but other anons will tell you otherwise. For me it's easy because i live in a country with lots of localbitcoins users and i can buy easily by bank transfer in a few minutes at pretty much spot price

if i where to buy ethereum. and i want to cash out how do i do this

>I just read that many banks don't allow it..
Naw. Banks make money on everything. Cryptos are a cash cow for them because of all the deposits and withdrawals going through bitcoin exchanges. They are making a killing charging fees on bank transfers.

Swap it for bitcoins on one of the many exchanges, kraken poloniex, bitfinex etc. etc.

Then sell the bitcoin for sweet sweet bakshish

>Do I need a new wallet for every different type of coin?
Yes
I would recommend Mycelium as an Android wallet for Bitcoin. I use Mist for Ethereum

>I doubt my banks will allow me to do this though
Unless you're a communist, you should be able to do this.

>mycelium
lol, how funny. I'm an amateur mycologist cooking a batch of agar right now to transfer some mycelium. But thanks, I also run Mandroid.

I wiuldn't buy ETH right now. First, get verified on an exchange like Kraken, then buy when the next DIP comes. ETH is about to test its ATH don't be stupid.

Also, Jaxx is the best ETH wallet for now. Mist just hogs your resources.

Maybe he wants real crypto currency and not some shitty scamcoin created by a malnourished commie Autist?

Go back to predict and stay there, eth shilling faggot

>a real cryptocurrency

Face facts bitchcoin maximalists

LISK is all you need to know!

>Vitalik Buterin sold 25% of his Ethereum to buy LISK
Roger Ver selling his BTC stash for LISK
>Bill Gates planning to buy the Lisk