Youtube shit

(WILL NOT PROVIDE WHAT CHANNEL IS)
I am doing a youtube lets play channel. *cough cough* the herpes of the internet.
I am trying to self advertise (not on here) but dont want to come off as a twat. I release 1 video minimum a day everyday and only get a small number of views. my Metadata is maximized (other than the description only use 1500/5000 words.) and I dont want to use click bait shit any advise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/FrankieForward/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=d17blenL4Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=ead_hGet9bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you gaining subs? If not then your videos probably suck and you need to improve them.

Not many subs (71) and my videos are improving. I have improved video quality, speech patterns, backdrop, video content... all of it. I feel like I need to just keep making videos until I get something that is hit.

do you have 'branding' ? a unified sort of logo, banner, whose design matches your videos thumbnails, etc ? do you stream? livestreams and follower/fan interaction is crucial.

internet too slow and my branding is a red squid. I know sounds ridiculous but I am a ginger with long dreadlocks so the squid thing matches. I do not stream because I have shit internet I upload my videos in bulk somewhere else and release them.

that is the most repulsive looking shit I've ever laid eyes on. Did you think the insanely opaque drop shadow improved your shitty doodle?

youtube.com/user/FrankieForward/videos

Just subscribed senpai.

>the filename
Congratulations, you've played yourself.

Admittedly it is a pretty shitty doodle. In my shitty doodle's defense it is for the water mark though. so the drop shadow added to the allure and it is tiny on screen.
reverse image search? also thanks for the sub! but not my purpose here if you have the ability please delete this so the thread doesnt get pruned. :) thanks

It's in the filename, senpai. Might want to delete and rename it.

>increasing channel views by "accident
yeah he really played himself.

You're a grown ass man. Get a haircut, stop dressing like an effeminate cock goblin, and be funny.

Thank you Kohai (googled that apparently it is the opposite of senpai may be using it wrong)

Frankie, you need that beard with those dreads, else you look like a fuccboi. You're a pretty boy though with that beard, without that beard I would like to punch you in that dude weed lmao face.

I watch alot of let's plays, and the ones I watch are the ones that upload shit a ton of new game content at once and with good quality, like MKIceandFire did with Doom 4, AND DO NOT SHOW THEIR FACE NOR DO THEY TALK.

says its too old to delete
yes because of this thread I will get millions of hits mwhahahaha! you discovered my evil plan!
If I get my hair cut I have to quit my job as a vaginal floor mop. I will agree I do dress like an effeminate cock goblin and I am not very funny. Solid advice 7/5

What if I did a mixture? release some with no face and gameplay and face with gameplay for series? opinions? or I could upload the videos without my face on them or my sound so people can have options?

What can you offer me with your face and your talking? Do you believe you are pretty enough for girls and fags wanting to see you play, do you think your comments are witty so it will make people laugh? You have to really go knee deep into retarded shit, like that irish idiot that screams all the time, and I can't stand that shit anyhow.

I personally (but that is me) love having pure playing Let's plays, look how MKIceandFire did Doom 4, it was tight, yes it was easy mode, but who gives a fuck if I want to see the game, he didn't spend his time showing exploration, he just did it precise, the only flaws he had was that he should have scrolled the lore so one can read everything by pausing it.

I am sick and tired of face and voice in my let's plays, I crave for pure playing Let's plays of game content, and also the ones that have it full game at once. Offer me full content of new games before the crowd, in good quality and you'll get a subscriber.

honestly if you have some spare cash you can buy YouTube ads that appear next to the video a person is watching (e.g. "recommended for you" videos). Then it;s just a matter of selecting the right target audience (honestly just young people who like video games) and having pics for your video that look interesting

Thank you for your very in depth opinion. I totally respect that. and I agree about the irish idiot thing. I like doing voice and face because when I do face I have a small mirror right next to my cam and I can practice my emotional range on my face same with my voice because I am terrible at showing emotion through both of those and I am trying to improve both. Of course there is the fact that I am not very funny and that comes in time I guess. I also am trying to improve my voice because I used to be really nasally not that I have improved much but it really does help its like voice practice haha. I suppose fame would be cool being recognized by my face. hmmm thats some good advice Ill definetly consider what you said thanks man.

This guy is the real Aids Skrillex meme!

What kind of stuff would make better thumbnails?
I do look similar to that ultra liberal shit tard dont I? but what do you know since "YOU ARE A WHITE CIS MALE"

Consider suicide

suicide happens to be #1 form of self inflicted deaths.

I was going to start a new thread but might as well just hijack this.

I have a niche fetish youtube channel that has over 700 subscribers with my most popular video having 20k views.

How can I increase viewership and make money?

have you done the youtube academy?

>How can I increase viewership and make money?

how the fuck should we know if don't see it?

I started a commentary channel (less cancerous than lets plays) I mainly create fasts paced commentaries on irrelevant topics (gameplay is more of a background) I have managed to gain 100ish subs with just under 2,000 views from 14 videos in the past few months. One thing I have learned is that you don't join a network so Veeky Forums tell me, at what point do I start advertising with Adsense. From other youtubers around my size I have talked to the cpm (cost per 1000 views) usually received is around $15. I would monetize now but I'm afraid if someone sees an ad on a channel my size they think I'm doing YouTube just for then $.

Fucking cancerous autocorrect

OP, let's plays have the highest competition you can get on YT. You're not gonna make it. Tried it myself. Even got up to 800+ subs with a niche videogame genre. Still didn't grow exponentially. The 800th sub was as hard to get as the 100th. It's not worth your time.

You're probably better off trying to start a channel on whatever topic you have some knowledge about than trying to do LPs.

how often did you release videos did you do commentary ? what other stuff did you do on your channel

It really doesn't matter what you do. You can't brand yourself enough to make a dent in that market. If you weren't streaming five years ago you will never gain a sizable following now. Just forget it. The market is already over saturated with more well known names.

Yes, I did do commentary. No face-cam. I talked all the time and was funny as fuk. The few loyal followers I had loved me. But they just weren't enough... I released a vid once every 2 days, giving my subs time to catch up with my stuff and at the same time not making them lose interest.

I didn't do anything else. Why would I? I had a small channel. Try succeeding with one thing before doing something else.

I met a guy who has a youtube channel of about 50k subs (from the time I talked to him).

Two important things will guarantee some subs:

1) Filling some sort of niche. The Let's Play community is over saturated. Consider what the community doesn't have. The types of games aren't necessarily as important as you think, but rather how you present both the game and yourself.

Are you a guy that likes to crack jokes? Do you like to do detailed runs and inform players of hidden strategies? Are you a good story teller? Your style is what will determine whether you are a hit or miss, which leads into number 2...

2) Dedication. You just started, and as such it will take you a long time before you start gaining a large number of subscribers. Making videos is an art, and as such you will need to put it your hours of recording and uploading before anyone actually wants to watch you. It might take months or it might take years. But by then you'll run into your niche (see number 1) which will separate you from the other small lets players. From there, identify what works and work on refining it every way you can. Get better recording equipment. Invest in a better mike. Get better editing software. Work around with thumbnails and titles to see what will generate the most viewers.

A niche is very important. You can amass tons of views off of a video, but the subscribers will be what matter in the end. And a niche is what will bring you the latter.

In telling you guys get into the cut commentary game. Not many people do it and if you are a good writer and pull it off correctly you could blow. Right now the gaming community is filled with lets players, drama alert copies and leafy copies. Be original also link me your channel I'll give you my honest opinion. (If it's allowed)

Timing is everything OP. If you are releasing irrelevant shit like 'LP Harry Potter 2' you wont get many views. Do some Overwatch videos on the 24th. It's releasing that day and all the poor scrubs who cant afford it will quench their thirst by watching people play it.

Other than that, have a good personality and audio quality and only upload in 1080p+.

dude make you logo more googly aka more childish. something like squid kid. it looks a bit boring atm

What do you think about a logo that just had your channel name? Not op btw but I made a 3 layer transparent logo with my channel name - would post it don't want to be advertising though, should I try to get some type of avatar?

>get into the cut commentary game.

Don't think it would be any different.

You made lets plays and was "funny as fuk" trust me cut commentaries are a lot different as the audience is. It will definitely be a different experience

I don't know... I mean, if I cut the commentary the gameplay is basically a secondary thing, since I'd barely talk about the game, right?

In my game niche it was pretty much mandatory to talk about the game while playing it. It's not like with cod where you're just running around shooting anyway. The jokes were "on topic" and everything...

send us your channel, frankie had balls and sent us his, how can you expect any feedback if we can't see what you are doing. also if you're on youtube, it's the internet, nobody's gonna dox you, we all hugbox here.

wait frankieonpcin1080p frankie really

I'm not asking for feedback. I was just talking about whether the cut commentary stuff is actually worth it.

I'm out of that. Haven't uploaded a vid in like 2 months, my channel just gaining a few subs from my old ones, not that it would matter.

No you don't understand what a 'cut commentary is' I don't mean cut up a lets play- I would post my channel for you to see but I don't my if I would get crucified so I'm not going to

'Know' autocorrects to 'my'

This fucking retarded ass phone

Ok search 'Tyhd' on YouTube he sometimes does cut comms- met him on damnlag his videos are similar to mine but I mostly talk about pop culture. His editing and writing is great but e rarely uploads. Another one is sneako his are different as well but rarely uploads. If a good cut commentary channel uploading weekly they would be very successful

even if you get crucified who the fuck cares, I'll tell you right now that you probably look like a diseased fuckboy after a gangrape in st. quentin. but frankie here looks like a ginger aids-skrillex, and still he is man enough not to give a fuck.

I don't do face cams lol

>I am doing a youtube lets play channel.
I literally punched a whole in my fucking wall when i read that

Please, get a real job and be realistic.

What's your education? What degree/cert/dip's do you have?

Lets play are cancer and we know this. I don't know how you punch a fucking 'whole' in your wall but if you literally punched a hole from reading that you may need to see a therapist. Jealousy is a terrible thing

oh fuck I was not paying attention to this thread at all sorry for being autistic

It was just a figure of speech from seeing something to fucking stupid, literally.

Making lets plays can be entertaining when they're new games and the commentary is great.

Op here I'm a computer science major
And unrelated communications ba also

Are your parents proud of you?

Shave your beard

Ive been thinking about doing this shit too for pleasure - if I have Nintendo and sega and square etc. games on my channel will they get flagged an removed? I don't want to spend a shit ton of time on a vid just to have it removed over some copyright horseshit

also my videos would me like Mature+ would that alienate younger viewers

bump

>youtube.com/watch?v=d17blenL4Hs
>youtube.com/watch?v=ead_hGet9bc

Do you mean these?
You said I don't understand what a cut commentary is. It's exactly what I thought it is. The guy, especially the Sneako one, has random gameplay in the background and talks a bunch of stuff independently. He cuts the audio together and let's the game flow. The game isn't actually important.

Why do you think that this has potential?
What is the major difference to what that leafy faggot does? I mean, he talks some bull over some random gameplay.

1. I don't think they do live cums or cut the audio from the game, they add a voice over in editing.
2. It's similar to leafy but leafy content is about making fun of other youtubers. I see it has so potential from the large audience that these videos appeal to, if you like gaming you could watch their videos, if you like comedy you could be a fan. I think the thing that separates the 2 youtubers I mentioned is that their commentary styles leave their channel open to more than just gaming videos, which they both take advantage of. If you don't like their videos that's your opinion and I respect it but their videos can appeal to massive audiences.

I have thought about expanding my channel (bulletdeer, if you care, and I don't use adsense or get money from people watching) to some of my hobbies like painting and modeling miniatures. I don't know how I'd make money off of this unless I could get sponsored by a paint or just hobby company in general.

The content would probably be just videos of me assembling and then painting the models themselves. Probably sped up and with some relaxing music for a bit of background noise for the viewer. I could also do tutorials, but I am not like a five star painter or anything, I just enjoy the hobby and have been doing it for about twelve years so I at least know what I'm doing.

Thoughts?

Thats a cool niche you have going there. You should do paintings where you speed the video up and have tutorials. I bet youd get a fair amount of views.

Spam it on reddit.

Find a subreddit and just spam the link on different accounts. Chances are you'll catch a subscriber or two, and if not you can get 100 views easily doing that

>Thank you Kohai

welcome to Veeky Forums

It's fine, maybe make it a little brighter

Why are there dicks in his eyes? The logo looks fine in my opinion, it serves its purpose. But why the dicks? Are they alluding to your sexual deviance?

Both of these guys are fuckingn funny. I actually like these types of videos (though the ones you listed aren't that good) they both have better videos, do they write these vids out because the timin is perfect

Lrn2talk frankie. You're creative and funny but get a little drunk maybe and decode and practice the good parts a little. It sounds like you like what you're doing let the fans feel your feels. in this lonely world a touch of "real" feelings creates a significant bond.
Give less fucks about what people think and speak your truth.

lol your channel is shit, give up hoping to make money on YT. Pathetic really

I'm having fun and that's what matters
Solid advice thanks

I've also been attempting this lets play meme, but have had no confidence at all. I just wanted to rip off pewdiepie, I have no pride.

So I've been doing nothing but watching comedies and improv. to see if I can actually become entertaining.

Hey man you can do it just practice and get better like I'm not funn y but I'm 10x funnier than when I started. Pew die pie was not funny when he started and then he got ... Better? You got this