GQ approved

GQ approved gq.com/story/best-slip-on-sneakers-to-buy-vans-checkerboard

Any other good slip on shoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.urbanoutfitters.com/blog/history_of_the_vans_checkerboard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The perf leather ones are nicer, imo

Loafers. Everything else is shit and juvenile

these are nice but will probably have the same fate as the meme smiths by the end of the year
as far a slip on sneakers go, you're pretty much limited to vans, but i've always liked the ricky drkshdw canvas ones

Does the appropriation of skate culture know no bounds?

This

>this kills the trend

lmao is this an article or an ad?

*ska culture

Nah blog.urbanoutfitters.com/blog/history_of_the_vans_checkerboard

Kys

those are really nice

does anybody know something similar that is not as expensive?

weren't fashion jounalists reviling sneakers like this 5 years ago? Back when all these #menswear guys started pushing hard for "adult" sneakers like common projects. I'm pretty sure GQ would have labeled these sneakers as "childish" 5 years ago, and would have put them in the "do not wear" category.

Regardless, I welcome the change. Though, I personally would wear something like .

Just because something becomes accepted/popular doesn't mean it's good.
Converse made a come back in the past few years especially in skate culture but I still think they're gross and the brand will always scream 'teenager' just like Vans will too.

>JewQ

Who is this j fitzpatrick shill?

Really those pointy chisel lasts only work if you are wearing suit

believe it or not user but trends change

Shoe designer, started off working for Stefano Bemer (a legend, RIP), became a shoe polisher on Savile Row, and then started making his own shoes.

He's my favorite shoe maker and I will admit I'm knid of a shill for him (but not without reason). His stuff is great quality, especially for the price, and because it's a small business you usually talk to him directly. He's a wealth of knowledge (he runs the Shoe Snob blog) on top of being quite pleasant.

I do disagree with that last point, I'd have no problem wearing that kind of last with smart casual clothing. It's a classic shape, and the most pleasing to my eyes, I almost exclusively wear chisel lasts.

my girlfriend wont let me wear checkerboard vans slip ons because when she was a high school dyke with short hair who stunk and never had sex it was all she wore (with no socks.)

I still like them but to be honest I cant pull them off.

>my girlfriend wont let me

Yeah, but this is a total 180 in attitude.

reminder that these shoes are the most effay

you faggots should check out what errolson was wearing in photo shoots a couple years back

>my girlfriend wont let me
Does she make you wax your vagina too?

no way you're older than 20

Link?

Do you wear these with white socks or black socks?

The cream OG ones made in Anaheim. They're noice

a noose goes well with them imo

No-show socks only

dadcore faggot detected

Underage

i have an old pair in burgundy from 12 years ago

damn I love how every new trend is just recycled shit in a 20-30 year loop, i'll never have to buy clothes again.

fuck off

The huf Dylan Rieder shoe is objectively the most Veeky Forums slip on shoe.

adidas matchcourt slipon