perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Time for the age old question: which colognes attract women the best? I've heard women are attracted to "musky" smells and smells that are a bit sour/strong like lemon/garlic.

just fuck off and buy a can of Axe if that's all you're interested in achieving

Is this wearable by a man?

Nah man girls can tell axe is cheap Indian tier shit, high class girls don't buy it

Which frag do you wear to calm you down and not give a fuck, Veeky Forums?

Pic related for me.

bleu de chanel
dior sauvage
versace dylan blue
acqua di gio profumo
i think we should put these 4 frags in the OP

>bleu de chanel
can this be worn during the summer?

By far the most compliments i've got on fragrance was with Luna Rossa by Prada and Eau d'Issey. But i'm from eastern yuropoor and chicks are glad when you don't smell like beer and puke.

I feel stupid for wanting to buy another fragrance despite having 2 already.

How do you guys justify buying multiple? Is it like clothes?

You should have one for each occasion/season.

i personally wont wear it during really hot summer days

Yeah, pretty much.

Is L'homme a safe buy for cooler weather? I worry it may not project much in the cold, but obviously it'll work well in a regulated environment at work regardless of season.

Dab some of my cum behind your ears, that'll work faggot.

Yes, it works super well due to the spices and ginger.

Virgin Island Water, definitely.

>Catch a whiff of creed as manager walks by
>Ask him what fragrance he's wearing
>Becomes agitated, brushes it off with a "I don't know, I just grabbed one before I left jeez" which obviously wasn't true but I let it go
>Later get another very creed-ish whiff off him, ask if he's wearing aventus, to which he becomes agitated again and says "Oh, it's that...irish...whatever."
>Ask him if it's GIT and he shushes me up
>Pulls me aside later and says he was trying to keep me quiet about the fragrance because it's his "signature scent" and he "didn't want everyone in town wearing it"

Do YOU have anyone this delusional about their fragrance in your life, Veeky Forums? Is it you?

what do you mean by delusional, he just dont want other people to smell like him

Assuming the poor projection even allowed for the people around us to smell it, the likelihood that one of the three totally disinterested people standing by us would go out and buy a 400 dollar niche fragrance because some employee blurted out the name is fucking infinitesimal. I think a lot of people, especially on this board, don't realize that. You can tell the name of your frag to everyone and fucking nobody will buy it or even look into it at all.

he doesnt want his frag to be given a name is all. he just wants this frag to smell like him, and be identified as the smell of this guy, and not as a scent that is bottled with a name or something. also who knows, plebs arent interested by luxury products except blatant shit because they have no taste nor style so if theyre spoonfed who knows. i heard stories here of anons who got their signature frags stolen because they said what their frag was and it ruined it for them afterwards.

Huh. I just figured that, like you said, plebs aren't interested in luxury products and we work in a pretty bad part of town so most of the customers are poor and couldn't afford it. I guess I never thought about the "identified as the smell of the guy, not a scent that is bottled with a name" part, which is very interesting and a sentiment I can appreciate. Still, surely people would be able to tell he's wearing something.

Just curious, what do YOU, personally, say when people ask what you're wearing?

It's not just about the smell, it's about the lifestyle.

>Still, surely people would be able to tell he's wearing something.
yes but it would remain a mystery, adding to the intrigue
also people dont ask me what im wearing because i have yet to buy a bottle, i only have lots of samples

what the fuck is that

the new smart-casual fragrance

>
exact sourcepls

Hamish

your manager has severe autism

it's not like everybody wants to spend $300 for some cologne anyway

there only needs to be one single person who buys it to ruin it, is your signature cologne 1 million or what

I wonder if this is any good.

Probably smells like that smell/feeling you get in your nose when you cry and B.O.

>Samplesperg detected, opinion disregarded.

Redundant, then.

I don't give a shit if someone else wears what I wear

besides who are you to talk about signatures when you don't even own a full bottle

Dabbled in vintage recently for a perfume that my grandmother wore. Ended up getting two 15 ml bottles, one from the first batches 1962-1964 and another from 1965-1968. They came in their original retail packaging, one with a cord wrap. The top notes are still there surprisingly, even some bergamot. Makes me shake my head when people say to never go vintage cause the top notes will be completely gone or will smell off. I guess I might have been lucky that mine were well preserved?

I guess the point from this would be don't be afraid to explore vintage perfumes if you're looking for signature maybe, just make sure that they are well preserved.

>someone has better tastes than me, opinion disregarded
>someone doesnt blindbuy random bottles, opinion disregarded

>doesn't own any bottles
>has been interested in fragrances for a few months
>thinks he's an expert

Oh you.

>someone doesn't buy any bottles because they're poor as fuck, opinion disregarded

ftfy

>wasting money on bottles you wont wear so much

fuck off

>wasting money on samples you never wear because of autistic desire to have a "scent library"
>not having enough money to not have to give a fuck if you waste some of it
>entirely missing the point of buying fragrances

Why do you even still come to these threads?

Children, please. Behave.

you are literally the most retarded person on Veeky Forums

start tripping so I can filter you

People don't ask you what you're wearing because your taste is probably god awful and you have a pencil neck and bad breath

Please stop trying to revive samplesperg desu. We all know that he probably died a while ago snorting up a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather sample thinking that cocaine was used or something. Let him rest in peace desu.

anything is wearable by anyone as long as they like it and feel confident wearing it. masculine/feminine in fragrance is entirely marketing and tradition, that's why most niche and higher end stuff is unisex, they don't care about specific marketing like that

Have fun
basenotes.net/threads/212334-Which-scent-gets-you-the-most-female-compliments

Yes

i have more than 10 and continue buying more, and i'm still relatively new to the game. i just buy something if i really like it. i know some people that have collections hitting the triple digits, just look at some frag collection pics. if you want to get more into it and buy more fragrances, you should look into buying like 10ml decants from private sellers rather than getting full bottles all of the time, most of my more expensive frags are in 10ml decants and i'm not even close to running out (since i have several that i rotate). for example, i have 10ml decants of Xerjoff Naxos, Parfums de Marly Oajan which i got for like $30 each, and i have a 50ml of Tom Ford Soleil Blanc that i got for criminally cheap. 10ml might not look like much, but if you have lots of fragrances it doesn't run out fast at all. in addition, after 10ml you might find that you're not crazy about the frag anymore, then you don't have a full bottle lying around. absolute worst case scenario is you love it and really want more and wasted a little bit of money on the 10ml instead of buying a full bottle right away (although you typically don't spend much more per ml with decants than you do with full bottles).
collect your apocrine sweat and any puss that oozes from your body in a bottle, mix it and apply. guaranteed lady catcher.
>which colognes attract women the best?
which perfumes attract you the best so that the women wearing them can manipulate you into being attracted to them? what? there's more that goes into your perception of a woman than what perfume she's wearing? you don't fall for cheap tricks like that? you're an actual person and not an object to be won with games? wow that's strange, really flips my whole world upside down, i thought women could sleep with anyone they wanted if they just wore the right perfume

GIT doesn't smell anything like aventus. that said, your manager has attained high-level autism, i haven't met anyone else even into fragrances much less that dumb about it

samples are good, you should wear something at least several times before buying a bottle if it's a remotely expensive fragrance

How many hours of longevity do you boys get out of Dylan Blue?

Careful. It's a slippery slope to collector town... But I actually think of frags a lot like clothes. I wouldn't wear the same shirt over and over again, and same goes for a scent.

They're more like shoes desu. You can wear the same scent for years as part of a rotation.

Ill buy a bottle when I like a frag enough to spend a couple hundreds on, why is this so hard to understand? in the meantime I greatly enjoy my samples collection.

no, you are

If anyone wanted to talk frags with me, I'd have to first suppress a squee, then happily answer any questions honestly. Some people have a very unrealistic idea of how many people know and wear fragrance.

>it ruined it for them
My point. Mental problems.

Wow, congrats. I have a mini from the 80s that is glorious. Never got a vintage that wasn't. I think you have to seriously abuse a frag to damage it.

Nothing wrong with samples, I buy samples too, you'd be dumb not to sample something expensive before you buy it. What's wrong is being an autistic sperg who obsessively hoards samples, doesn't actually own or wear fragrances, who just got into fragrances a couple months ago, then acting like you have superior taste to everyone else and trying to give other people (bad) advice.

not really it's supposed to be unique like in the workplace

i wear my samples and i got into it recently because before then i didnt know perfume could smell not designery

Wearing a drop of something once on your wrist is not "wearing fragrances".

oh i see, that makes sense. how do you feel about decants then? i have 10mls of xerjoff, pdm, and tom ford, that way i get to wear them without shelling out big bux.

Decants are cool. I have one of Creed VIW. Good way to get a frag you like but not enough to shell out for a full bottle.

Yeah its great stuff. From the 60s-80s vintages not much was change except toxic stuff being removed in the late 70s and deer musk being removed between the late 80s-early 90s. For the majority of people that don't like it, they've tried the American Genesis version (early 2000s I think) with the golden shimmery box, or the 2015 relaunch from another American holdings company.

Got no replies last thread, so let's try again.
Want recommendations for pineapple dominant frags please, it's my absolute favorite note. I have
>Aventus- Creed
>California Sunrise- Al Muhib
>Pineapple vintage intense

i mean the reason you didn't get any replies is because you have all the pineapple you could ever want, i can't imagine you'd need more.

that said, you could try pineapple demeter

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. I get that those are the popular ones. Perhaps I'm hoping someone will come thru with a niche or a n indie Etsy I've never heard of.

How is Vintage Intense? I ordered a bottle because it's cheap now, hasn't come yet. I hear it's less pineapple-y than the original.

Mine hasn't come in yet either, its been around a week now. Did we just get hustled user pal?
I got it based on that it's heavier on a sweeter pineapple and lasts longer because of a higher iso e super concentration, all from reputable youtube small time reviewers.

Pineapple is one of my favourite notes but it's criminally underused, I know your pain user.

When I ordered, it said 6-10 day dispatch. Dude probably has a ton of orders right now.

Is it true they're just a rag tag team of fragrantica old timers who pooled their money together after being butthurt over Aventus's batch inconsistentcy?

Dunno. Maybe. Pretty clear that it's just a couple of guys, though, so it makes sense that they'd be a little in the weeds shortly after releasing a new, relatively anticipated scent.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I have a bottle of Amouage Reflection coming probably on Tuesday, too, so I can enjoy that in the meantime.

Right? It's a damn lonely hobby, in the blue moon you find someone else into them it's amazing. I actually wanted to talk with the manager about frags, but I have this feeling it's more of a status symbol/compensation than recreational to him. He drives a mercedes-benz and had hair surgery, etc.

I only caught that super familiar ambergris base, it had already had plenty of time to dry down by that point in the day

don't lump glorious german engineering in with compensating cucks pls

It being high quality is exactly why it's so attractive to compensating people, though. Flashy, expensive cars are one of their hallmarks.

Looks like bondfag is afk, so if I may also recommend:
The Scent of Peace for Him
and it's discontinued, but highly worth seeking out: Kouros FraƮcheur

Might take the plunge and buy memeventus. Has anyone ever bought it from fragrancenet? Any issues at all?

projects like a beast for 2 hours, i say around 6 hours you can still get a whiff of it

ok

Yup. Because a girl giving you a quick peck on the cheek once is totally the same thing as fucking her.

jeez nice analogy

i dab the liquid on my skin and I can see how it progresses on it, i cant really test the projection that way but it doesnt matter

sauvage smells like urea mixed with black pepper
nasty

IS there a difference between testers and retail versions in terms of shelf life, etc.? Same guy teetering on purchasing Aventus here, they have a 75ml for $211 and a 120ml tester for $36 more, which sounds fucking amazing but sort of skeezes me out due to lack of cap.

Yeah, sorry, I guess you wouldn't understand a sex analogy.

don't do it projects like piss. bought CDNIM and got a sample of aventus, CDNIM has better performance, i can smell aventus for 1 hour then its gone

i mean make relevant analogies next time. if i dab on 8 different spots i think ill have a good enough feeling about it

Dabbing something on in order to try it is not the same as wearing it. That's testing it, not wearing it.

So you don't deny that you don't understand sex?

at least buy some fucking atomizers off ebay if you insist on being this autistic

Yeah, you understand you're probably not getting a proper read on the top notes if you're dabbing, right samplesperg? I mean, I'm sure you do know this, since you're an expert with like 3 months of experience u dear your belt, but I just figured I should remind you.

okay then testing-trying who gives a shit

no

literally when did i say im an expert. i just said my tastes are better than most which is true

wait i dont even think i ever said that, but i believe it anyway

Noticed you're still dodging that sex question...

it's an assinine question

i cant possibly miss the top notes that badly.

Yeah, sure. Who needs one third of a fragrance's composition anyways?

That sounds an awful lot like virgin talk to me.

i said i cant possibly miss them as badly as you mean it.

how old are you