Best clan?

Greatest general?

Greatest battles?

Who was most likely autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegreatcourses.com/courses/understanding-japan-a-cultural-history.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>gooks
Look here you fucking assmonkey, this isn't the correct slur. The ethnic slurs for people from Japan are Jap and Nip respectively.

You are now imagining the entire Sengoku Jidai as an era where everyone is sapient nipples.

I would just be Date invade Hokkaido and easily expand all down the south until I reach Hojo and Takeda and use all that space to grow as big as the lower half of japan

Great post, thanks for contributing to this board and keeping the level of quality high!

this racists on Veeky Forums used to be classy baka

Otomo because they recognised Western superiority.

>Who was most likely autistic?
Hosokawa Tadaoki

>Kill a landscaper because seeing his wife's face
>Cut off a maid's nose because his wife became Christian
>At the Battle of Sekigahara, Fight like a devil because his wife was killed

He was also attacked by his young sister because he killed her husband. When they met, she slashed his nose with a short katana folded thousands times and he lost the tip of his nose then.

I like Takeda Shingen because red is my favourite color.

I like Mori Motonari because Sengoku Rance.

Who cares lol? They're all the same except with different colors. Feudal Japan is so boring.

Otomo a best

So what's up with Hatekayama's domains being spread all over the coast?

Toyotomi Hideyoshi is probably the best

Shimazu is best clan
Date is honorable mention

Kenshin Uesugi and Takeda Shingen bros 4 life.

I've always prefereed the Hojo in most games where they are playable.

>Best Battle
Battle of Honganji for sure
>Best clan
Uesugi, wheb Uesugi Kenshin ruled

>Best clan?
As a Portuguese national I'm biased to say that any clan which sold itself out the most to us is objectively best clan

>He thinks he can invade Hokkaido in the Sengoku period with nothing but the power of the northernmost part of the Tohoku region, the most shitty, resource poor region ever.
>Implying your cities and castles won't be invaded while your army is on another fucking island
>He thinks that he could gain anything from the acquisition of a shitty cold forested region inhabited by tribal hunter gatherers who could never pay tax or be rounded for military service.

>Toyotomi win
Japan invades and dominates Korea, Hokkaido is conquered much earlier, the same thing could possibly happen with Taiwan and Manchurian kingdoms.

>Oda win
Same as Toyotomi but they end up failing to do so, Japan becomes poor after spending too much money on a conquest that didn't happen.

>Shimizu, Takeda and/or Date win
Same as Tokugawa but a much more repressive and militarized shogunate that relies on brute forces rather than the deceive of metsuke.

>Imagawa win

Same as Tokugawa but with more investments in infrastructure, production and overall improvement of Japan's position. Potential reconceiling with the Emperor given the Imagawa had royal ties to them. Boshis war has a small probability of not happening.

>Otomo win

Complete westernization, possible colonization/creation of areas of influence in Japan. Would eventually become what the Qing was to the west but smaller and in islands instead of the huge Chinese mainland.

>Hojo

Japan goes bankrupt. Another Sengoku Jidai.

>Uesugi

Same as Tokugawa with stronger enforcement of shinto-budhism and more trade with Korean kingdom/Chinese Empire/western indiamen/Indonesian sultanates.

>Mori win

Japan becomes a strong naval empire that dominates a lot of trade in the eastern world, competing with China.

Did anyone of those actually try to become shogun and/or lords of all Japan? Not counting Oda and Toyotomi (and Tokugawa after these made it easy) who obviously did.

Also,
>Hojo
>Japan goes bankrupt. Another Sengoku Jidai.

Why.

Ikko-shu.
Namo Amida Butsu.

The Toyotomi *did* win.
The Toyotomi did invade Korea.
But it turned out to be a shitty stalemate of a war.

Uesugi end best end.

Hatakeyama best girl.

>butthurt weebs
Gooks are subhuman

So what was the extent of Shimazu westernization? I know they accepted firearms almost immediately and didn't hate foreigners, but what else did they accept/take? Also Kyushu best minor island, Hokkaido and Shikoku nigs please go.

ALL INFERIOR SHITS MUST OBEY

In the end though, the Shimazu, Mori, and Yamanouchi were the ones who won.

What are some good reads regarding this period?

I played the shit out of Sw2: empires(still do) but have no real idea who some of these other daiymos are (otomi/asakura/hojo) outside of the main clans.

Preferably non-fiction but wouldn't mind some historical fiction (outside Shogun/manga)

thegreatcourses.com/courses/understanding-japan-a-cultural-history.html

Are these just videos of lectures?

Pretty much. Pic related is a torrent I found but it doesn't have every single course they offer.

Around 100gb, covers almost every aspect of human history/philosophy.

Quite literally the greatest torrent on the internet, thousands of dollars worth of knowledge at your finger tips.

Think of them as Hapsburg style possessions tied dynastically. They were granted by an emperor for their involvement in a war a while back (don't remember more desu familiar)

>Best clan
Shimazu probably

>Greatest general
Nobunaga, Kenshin Uesugi

>Greatest battles
I like Tedorigawa quite a bit.

>Autist
Hideyoshi

>What are some good reads regarding this period?
The only shit that exists is basically Stephen Turnbull who's kind of more samurai weeb than actual historian.

Actually, Hojo was a good clan. Their tax rate was only 40% and it was the lowest in Japanese history then. They exempted taxation during the famine and had never fought over who would be next successor of the family. Odawara castle was one of the most impregnable fortress, which spurned even Takeda and Uesugi.

There are academic sources you can read, anything by Conlan is good

Eiji Yoshikawa if you want historical fiction about the period.

PREPARE YOURSELF, UJIMASA

The baby's father is not you.

We have Fuma ninja clan. Don't underestimate us.

I know the Takeda were famed for their cavalry but did they actually use them differently/more effectively than their contemporaries or was it just a meme?

that map is inaccurate. There were multiple clans to the North of the Date.

I like learning about some of the Western clans like the ones in Kyushu or Western Honshu. The rivalry between the Mori and Amago is really interesting to me.

Shortening the foreign name and the name they use themselves is a slur? That's like saying "Brit" or "Paki" is a slur as opposed to "British" or "Pakistani". I hate how sensitive the world is now.

>Paki
But that is considered a slur.

>starts out life as peasant
>brings Oda Nobunaga's sandals to him
>somehow gets promoted to construction foreman
>builds castle overnight
>castle is immediately made superfluous due to ninja trickery
>when he gets power, immediately makes it so peasants remain peasants forever

He was really not that great and also sort of a hypocritical dick

You really want Japan to become Muslim? By trading with Muslims you're asking for it. Tokugawa shogunate wouldn't tolerate Christianity but uesugi might tolerate a Buddhist-friendly brand of Islam. They've already got warrior monks, how bad would it be to have jihadis armed with weapons comparable to the government's running around?

Not by any paki I've ever met.

While the rest of Japanese cavalry was primarily mounted archers, the Takeda under Shingen experimented with lancers to great success.