Denim Jacket

How should these motherfuckers fit? I have a vintage one, but it doesn't lay directly on shoulders, it sags half an inch over. But the waist length is good.

Is this the way they were made in 80s or?

yeah

I'm 6'1 and 150 lbs, usually wear medium and needed size large even though I usually wear medium when I bought my Levi's jacket. Def go a size up

it should end above the waist for the slim-fit greaser/rockstar look and the sleeves should be an inch or two short

Denim jackets are nice in the sense that you have a lot of leeway in terms of fit.

I've got a Big E cord jacket and the shoulders are like you describe while the sleeves fit like a shirt's sleeves.

post pic bb im the same fokin stats, is your chest 38/39"?

Measurements for the corduroy Big E jacket:

Collar to hem - 56cm - 22.04
Shoulders - 49cm - 19.29
Pit to pit - 54cm - 21.25
Shoulder to cuff - 57cm - 22.44
Pit to cuff - 47cm - 18.50
Collar to cuff - 83cm - 32.67

Extra numbers here I guess I re-measured at some point:
Shoulder to cuff - 58.5cm - 23.03
Collar to cuff - 84.48cm - 33.26

Not him

I have 102cm chest which is 40.157 inches and medium is absolutely too small
Size up.

that is a levis type 2 trucker fit, try a vintage lee, wrangler or maverick i they will have slimmer fit and tighter arms

or rustler, vintage rustler is my fav fit

there is no specific way they have to fit

Type 2 jackets don't look like that, that's a type 3. I don't think they put slash pockets in type 3s until much later as well.

Not pic, his fit he was describing

it's not the levis I have, it's pic unrelated

on my jacket seam goes slightly over the shoulder, but the sleeves and hem are ok. maybe i'm just a manlet and have to grow shoulders... or wear extra layer hoodie

fucking skellies get out

If you worked it out from a fit description you must be a wizard.

Is it like this?

i have a lot of EXP with denim, i would bet he has a type 2 trucker alone by how he described the shoulders.
pic related

I just picked up a denim jacket recently for some good ole' Americana.
I plan on wearing it to work but since it's new it looks too clean.
Should I find a patch of dirt and beat the living shit out of it for an hour?

Christ I'm 6'1 and 190, literally how do you stay skellycore?

>6'1
>150 lbs

what's this disgusting obsession millennials have with pre distressed clothing

We're simultaneously more wealthy than previous generations and buying crappier things than they had.
So, that point where things get really broken-in and looking cool is years of wear after we have become bored with them.
And if we wore something from today that long it would probably fall apart before it looked that good.

Very well put, Veeky Forums isn't always retarded.

no, it's a yugoslavian brand from mid 80s I think

>artificially breaking it

fuck that shit. best damage is where every hole and cut has a story. artificial damaging is hipster whoring out.

TIE YOUR SHOELACES, MORON.

where did you get a yugo brand denim jacket lol

It really depends on the brand and the popular aesthetic at the time it was made.

Jackets made in the eighties often had larger shoulders or raglan shoulders that achieved the same effect. Similarly, the waists of all the early jacket models, hell, maybe even through the sixties and seventies were a bit higher, closer to our natural waists. Jeans were higher waisted too. I think this is most apparent in the old Wrangler slant pocket jackets.

So, it really depends on that jacket itself, but if it's from the eighties, then the shoulders were probably cut larger.

It was probably an American brand getting their products made in Yugoslavia. Cheaper suits from this era were almost always made in Yugoslavia or another Soviet block country.

>copped this jacket for $3 at a thrift store
>quality feels and looks better than my slp denim jacket

Fashion not even once

w2c a decent quality black denim jacket that isn't levis? that red tag really aggravates my autism

>best damage is where every hole and cut has a story. artificial damaging is hipster whoring out.

Yeah you're right, just gonna wear it to work.

>try on denim jacket at thrift store
>fits perfectly
>realize it's women's
>slight flare accentuates my already feminine hips

How much would it cost to get the it taken in at the waist? Is it hard/expensive to tailor denim?