So I went to the bank

So I went to the bank.

Invested in TFSA
10k in GIC
10k in cash
10k in their balanced portfolio thing which includes GIC and mutual funds

While I was there he tried convincing me to put all 30k in the balanced portfolio since he said he includes GIC anyway. I kept refusing till he caved in.

Other urls found in this thread:

baystreet.ca/quotedata/partners/rbc-di/quotes.aspx?ticker=&qm_page=86737
baystreet.ca/quotedata/partners/rbc-di/quotes.aspx?ticker=&qm_page=81418
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is this boner toner?

Open up a self direct investor line account and invest into $MGT

Bella Thorne

You fucked up. You should be 100% stocks not gay ass conservative GICs. And cash? Jesus fucking christ user. Jesus fucking christ.

Your distribution makes sense if you're a serious old fag (e.g. 50+). If you're anywhere near 30 you could probably stick it all in a balanced portfolio assuming your bank is Tangerine.

BORING...how old are you 60? I use my TFSA for spec stocks.

>GIC's

For what fucking purpose? Are you like 80 years old and unable to read and write?

Dump that fucking shit into 40% $VFV, 30% $VUN, 30% $VCN. And leave it there forever if you're a lazy cunt

>GIC

You guys told me to refuse the mutual funds and bank portfolios. You guys told me to refuse anything he shilled

my bank is RBC. Now you're telling me the opposite?

What's a self direct investor line account?

I cannot take my money out of GIC. I cannot reinvest in other things without going over my yearly limit.

Can I invest in VFC VUN AND VCN without using my TFSA? How do I do it?

Is it smart to invest in these things? Are they american? Isn't the canadian dollar weak right now?

How much should I invest in each one? 10k?

>taking financial advice from a libanese alpaca shaving mailing list

What is your GIC rate? I
Hopefully it's short term. It's not a bad idea to leave a % in cash, probably would have did some homework and went discount brokerage put 7.5k in just a savings account, and spread the rest of the assets in ETF's (especially a Canadian bank ETF, an oil ETF, a precious metal ETF, a bond ETF, technology ETF, etc, and a little Canadian marijuana stock). Just request to transfer the funds to a self directed account when the GIC's mature. Bank advisors generally do not suggest self directed unless you push it. They get more revenue from bank funds. I know I am one.

I'm thinking he meant the balanced fund includes bonds, either he explained it wrong or you understood it wrong.

Bonds aren't insured through CDIC. Making them far riskier than GIC's. They aren't 100% safe although they are safer than stocks.

You can transfer between assets WITHIN the TFSA. Don't cash them out. I wouldn't cash out the GIC right now, you'll be penalized. You could transfer the balanced fund to a self directed account after 7 days (I'd wait until its up)

The mutual fund is up, not the 7 days. Banks should go on a bit run if they can manipulate their mortgage and GIC rates effectively over the next few weeks. I'm going to go out on a ledge and suggest that balanced fund's top stock holdings are banks but you're paying a 2% management fee, whereas an ETF (there is a BMO Banks ETF that charges .55%)

>Bella Thorne
bought herself some tits

HRT can only get you so far.

I'm so in love with her.

I don't care about your thread, OP.

Do you think you're cool or edgy?

these are pretty much the most conservative investments you could have made. with these you'll probably make $30 in a year.

You should open a TFSA with a brokerage and manage your own investments.

Both.

The GIC wont mature for another 30 months. Its rate is 1.75%. I can't take anything out.

ETF's (especially a Canadian bank ETF, an oil ETF, a precious metal ETF, a bond ETF, technology ETF, etc, and a little Canadian marijuana stock).

How do I tell the bank I want to invest in these things. Will they even allow me?

Who do I go to get this done can u name a company. Can you tell me the exact things you invested in and what company you went to. I don't want to fuck up

What's a brokerage?

You mean RBC won't allow me to invest in Vanguard?

Sounds like a shitty return for 30 months of a non-liquid asset.

>Will they allow me

They will if they want your business.

OP HERE

baystreet.ca/quotedata/partners/rbc-di/quotes.aspx?ticker=&qm_page=86737

Should I invest in these. How much in each?

I put 10K in CASH can I move it without breaking the limit law? Should I take money out of that Balanced portfolio? Can I invest in vanguard within a TFSA? If I cannot is it smart to invest without using a TFSA?

"1) All RBC Direct Investing clients pay $9.95 flat CDN or U.S. per equity trade with no minimum account balance or trading activity required. $6.95 flat CDN or U.S. per equity trade when you trade 150 times or more per quarter. This pricing only applies to trades placed through an available Automated Service (as such term is defined in RBC Direct Investing's Operation of Account Agreement), including the online investing site and mobile application.
2) There is no quarterly maintenance fee charged if your combined assets are $15,000 or more across all of your RBC Direct Investing accounts. If your combined assets are less than $15,000 across all of your RBC Direct Investing accounts, you will be charged one maintenance fee of $25 per quarter (split across all of your accounts). However, you have a number of additional ways to have this fee waived. For full details please refer to the complete Commissions and Fees Schedule.
3) Mutual Fund companies may assess additional fees – for example, deferred sales charges on back-end load funds, early redemption fees, setup fees and charges for insufficient funds on pre-authorized purchases. Management fees and operating expenses are paid by the mutual fund. There may be trailing commissions associated with these mutual fund investments."

Is this bad?

>doing anything in the market except for day trades with the economic crash coming at any moment now.

OP will lose 50% of this money or more by years end. Cap this.

YOU CAN TRANSFER ASSETS WITHIN THE TAX FREE, IT DOES NOT HAVE TO GET TAKEN OUT OF THE TAX FREE SAVINGS TO BE REINVESTED IN SOMETHING ELSE. IT WOULD NOT AFFECT YOUR CONTRIBUTION ROOM

This is why I'm sitting here looking at real estate.

even in cash and GIC

How are u sure?

Can I take everything out from mutual funds and cash right now? Will I get charged?

>OP
>scared
>made the wrong move
>will 100% lose money

Pick 4.

It's getting confusing you guys give different advice

You should read up on how to construct a portfolio. Just divide it up equally amongst those sectors I suggested. Keep an eye on things (those are all passive investments), and do some more homework.

You have to wait 7 days or they'll charge an early redemption fee. I would check with them though.

Whenever you're investing you should ask yourself when do I need the money and for what purpose and then ask how much would I need? If you figure you'd need it in 1 year i'd leave it in a savings account.

Again
>taking advice from retards on biz

You realize that people here have no money and most of it is all talk right? You having 30K to your name puts you in the 1% of biz.

Oh shit nigga.

You realize his advisor at the bank probably has no money and probably makes less than him?

1. its boner condoner
2. if u dont know get out

Just wow, I bet her standards (when it comes to men) are crazy high.