I don't get it. What's the appeal here?

I don't get it. What's the appeal here?

I saw a guy in my calc class last term wearing these and the first thing I thought was that they looked like tugboats.

Other urls found in this thread:

helloskepta.myshopify.com/products/it-aint-safe-long-sleeve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fucc i wish I could find the pic of the guy who put them beside that boat that looks exactly the same in the archive, made me kek

Here
The only appeal to the shoe is that it's a status symbol. Even normies have at least heard of Yeezys and know they're expensive and hard to obtain.

I didn't even realize they were Yeezys until I saw the picture just now. I thought they were some weird Chinese shit or something.

the appeal is being a hypebeast, colors/silhouette etc. don't matter for the people who wear these. the oreo/zebra colorways are actually pretty cool though and the shoes do look nice, especially the latter.

You might as well just buy decent replicas. Anybody who recognizes them is just going to assume they aren't genuine even if they are authentic

I thought the appeal was that they were hard to get but NOT expensive

wtf is up with his jeans? they're way too long and it looks fucking horrible

>unique item
>designed by famous entity
>sold in limited quantities at intervals

What do you mean "what's the appeal here"? This is a pretty famous marketing tactic, and not just for sneakers.

Hypebeasts always pinroll their jeans very tight to keep the spaghetti from fallling out

I mean that they're ugly, which should outweigh any other consideration.

It really doesn't though. Quite a few shoes out there are ugly. Hell, 90% of sneakers look like they were designed for autistic toddlers. Thats not the appeal though.

Wouldn't shoes that look good be more appealing?

This

Literal boat shoes

How long until /prep/ picks this up?

Shoes for betas

Kek'd

Comfy and unique looking.
The Kanye appeal isn't such a big deal to me, since I liked yeezys before I even discovered Kanyes music. Used to really hate him.
One of my favorite artists now, but I think I'd be buying the sneakers even without his influence.

faggot

cuck: the life story

I have belugas and even i think this is fucking GAY

i hear they're comfy

you know what? good for you. glad you enjoy them even tho im not into the design too much.

is this the most tasteless man personified?

Thanks for the (you)'s, really makes me feel special.

Nice to see that not everyone on this board is just pointlessly shitting on others' tastes.

>Yeezys
>for betas

Doesn't compute.

Anyway, I'm personally not excessively into the 350s (or the whole socky shoe/boost NMD, etc. craze) but I would pay retail for Belugas or the black and orange ones if given the chance. They are pretty striking in person. You can see that orange stripe a mile away. I've tried 350s on and they are quite comfortable. They're not for everyone, but it's a neat shoe.

>Anybody who recognizes them is just going to assume they aren't genuine even if they are authentic

If you are a grown-ass man, why would people assume they're fake? Maybe in your world. Go away, teenager.

>If you are a grown-ass man, why would people assume they're fake?
Most fakes I see are worn by 20-25 year olds who don't mind wearing fakes, because their friends don't care enough to "call them out". In most cases they're terrible fakes.
The teenagers who wear fakes often have at least a bit better fakes, so they can try to pass them as real to their friends.

I've rarely seen good fakes (the ones that are close to legit retail) so it's easy to spot them. They're usually pirate blacks, turtle doves, moonrocks or oxford tans anyways, which were so rare in my country (I hear we got aproximately 15 pairs on the first drops, moonrocks didn't even release here) so you pretty much know every 350 that goes by is fake.

V2 resale is so low that I assume most people have legit pairs by now. Saw DS zebras being sold last week for 350€ in a local sneaker group.

Fuck you faggot

What does "cuck" even mean anymore?

What kind of pants are these?

I don't have a personality or anything I Excel at so instead of improving myself I'm just going to collect these shoes and mention that I like generic pop music.

Then I'm going to complain when people seem disinterested in me and my interests...I mean I have a whole bookshelf with tennis shoes on them. I hope people recognize me....

How boring is your life that you sit there and watch the feet of other people trying to determine if they're fake or.not?

Like that's your life bro?

OMG he doesn't have the geniune sand nigger/nigger couple of the decade licensed China made sneaker haaaaaa

So lame!

I b-bet he doesn't have a fulfilling life like I do like my bookshelf full of sneakers and constant glares from niggers and spics...I just thrive off of the attention of undesriables!

These shoes show that one time I had $500 a whole $500 from my part time job at minimum wage I'm so rich!

Like girls are going to be whoa are those the Kanye west shoes that are genuine sand nigger nigger hybrid approved??

I bet you're a quality individual and aren't dull at all because the busy pattern shows that you have a rich and fulfilling life filled with life experience!

evidence that all tripcunts are retards

the top ones are ok if you're a streetwear sperg but the zebras are just hideous

you must be buttmad

Bet you're a blast at parties bro.

Autism Part Two: The Fedora Files

Starring as Jimmy 'it's a neat shoe' Grown-ass Man

Dude they look like ass I bet you don't even wear them.

Stop liking what I don't like.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THEY'RE GOHAN/PICCOLO SHOES!?!

i literally only own boost because its expensive. only shoes that get worn are vans and ozeweegos

Not him but you're really not funny

>reddit spacing
ok

>tfw no turtle dove re-release ;_;

Only acceptable 350 colourways are moonrock, oxford tan and triple white. Belugas and zebras are fucking hideous.

>triple white

Lazy ass drop.

Sell then to me homie I'll live you 200$

>Doesn't compute
>They are pretty striking in person
>it's a neat shoe
>Go away, teenager
I have heard that necking one's self is the only efficient cure for fedora autism. You should try it kind sir.

Not to niggers. God bless their nigger souls spending all my taxes on shoes that they wait all night for.

suh dude

fucc I'm jealous

wow that's a lot of stinky chinese plastic youve got there

So you hadn't heard Kanyes music until Mid 2015? Okay.

Yeah. You would look much less juvenile in just a nice pair of normal trainers

not that poster buy in places outside the US the vast majority of the Yeezys your see are fake. Go expand your horizons and travel brah instead of wasting money on yeezys like a nigger.

>generic pop music
>kanye
>generic pop music

Oh boy you seem like you understand a lot about music

I love yeezys. I feel like kanye when I wear them, plus they are comfortable.

>tfw a lot of colorways were canceled ;_; TD 2.0 and Shrek brown CW

So you feel like a completely retarded egomaniac chimp?

Kanye West is pop

Hurr Durr he str8 undagrnd rap

Then why is he on SNL the liberal white girl Trump hating show of choice

He feels like pablo

Don't disrespect kanye and his vision

yeezy calabasas powerphase > v2

reebok club c > powerphase

tumbled leather on the powerphases make them way better and the cream color is so much nicer than the solid white on the reeboks

Lynch him

ID on the sweatshirt?

skepta it aint safe long sleeve shirt
helloskepta.myshopify.com/products/it-aint-safe-long-sleeve

cheers man, love your fit/look

this shit is 16 bucks on ebay lol

Low/Middle Class loser geht the false sense that they are wearing high da, something iconic or something "expensive"
Tl,Dr: False Sense of superiorty

They're great comfy shoes and definitely worth the retail price but only hypebeasts pay resell for them

If you had a pair of yeezys on your feet, you will love kanye like I do.

kek

you're seriously deluded if you think sneaker culture is made up of black people

You do realize where you are? Yeezys aren't the only expensive thing being discussed on this board.
>How boring is your life that you sit there and watch the feet of other people trying to determine if they're fake or.not?
How boring is your life that you get this upset over someone else's shoes and taste?

>generic pop music.
Pretty far from generic pop music.
>Then I'm going to complain when people seem disinterested in me and my interests
Where did I complain?
You are fucked in the head mate. I don't even own any tennis shoes.

Haven't worn anything else since I got them.

I had heard, but didn't listen to or pay any attention to it.
I got interested in 808's because of an article I read online about the production. Really fell in love with it and started getting into Kanye from there. I was also interested in TLOP because of the weird release and his "fixing" of the album.
So yeah, pretty much started listening to Kanye some time after TLOP hit spotify. Didn't like it at all at first though.

>collecting sneakers

"sneakerheads" and "hypebeasts" are exclusively niggers, spics, shitskin jungle asians with a few beta manlets thrown in

they're some of the comfiest shoes I've ever worn
past that, nothing really

Also white boys. Quit lying to yourself.

>likes yeezy boosts
>got into Kanye by listening to his 2 worst albums

Tasteless serf confirmed

808's is his best work imo.
TLOP could've been a great album but he added way too much filler songs that don't go with the album. Some great songs, yet just a decent album.

I live in a city with like 3 unis who get most of their money from chink students so I almost only see them wearing yeezys, usually with an mcm bag and a black mannequin hoodie. On the rare occasion I see a non asian wearing a pair it's always one of those slightly dweeby white kids who probably listens to 21 savage and has a fetish for asian girls but only manages to pick up slightly overweight filipinos who masquerade as 'thicc' on tinder. idk they're not the ugliest shoes I've seen in the world and I'm sure they're very comfy, I just can't help compare them to a modified civic or something; bought in order to impress women but only other guys end up impressed