perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/perfume/By-Kilian/Good-Girl-Gone-Bad-15924.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Looking for a good casual frag
>sex
male
>price range
nothing over 200$ for 100ml
>weather/seasons
sunny days, doesn't matter on season
>occasions
casual

doesn't matter if you can find it at a department store but its preferred

also I'm going to be wearing with black/white clothing so something that goes with that general look would be great

Found Invictus Aqua at Macy's for 86, cop or nah?

GO TO SEPHORA

Spend like 10 minutes talking to one of the girls

Tell her you're picky and like to try a frag for a week or two before you buy

Literally walk out with a shit ton of samples

>perfume

These threads fucking reek of 3rd world niggers and faggots.

Isn't it great? They're so generous. What'd you get? Last time I got Dior Sauvage, California Clementine (super good exclusive, only one I like) and GPH II.

>Tell Sephora girl I like how certain frags smelled and would like a few samples
>Don't have to do some calculated autistic nonsense about how I'm picky and will come back in a week or two but never do and feel like I'm a genius for doing so

what did he mean by this

It is company policy to give three ~2ml spray samples with a smile. You didn't even need to chat her up.

Your best choice for very hot summer days?

I am between Polo blue, Acqua di gio and Terre D'Hermes. Pretty normie tier I know but this are the only ones I tested.

Looking for Fragrance recommendation

I lean towards woods most, with either spice, oriental or a niche (of leather, rhum, tobacco) as secondaries
I hate fruits, and citrus - fougeres are acceptable

I have Fan di Fendi by Fendi which suits me well and La Nuit de L'Homme by YSL that smells very sweet on me to switch it up

I was eyeing D&G's The One, Tom Ford's Oud Wood and Armani Code Ice

I was recommended (but have not tested yet) Nuit d'Issey Miyake, L'Homme Idéal Guerlain,

Anyone know what else I should try out?

>There are people who wear Terre D'Hermes in the Summer

Yup quite a few, actually. It's awesome in the summer. Your point?

This desu, that super heavy vetiver is all anyone around you will smell and people will hate you for it in high heat

It's literally only because of the top notes. TDH is a fall/winter/cool spring scent. Why do you think they released the Eau Fraiche flanker? for summer.

Have any of those arab knockoff companies made a Millesime Imperial clone yet?

Ed Hardy's Love and Luck is supposed to be pretty similar.

the day I buy an ed hardy product is the day I die

Not any worse than any of those shitty arabic ripoffs desu

ed hardy just has gross implications

Not true. The Ed Hardy clone is probably synthetic and cheap whereas Arabs put more work into the fragrances they make because it's more culturally embedded. They make good shit (but it can be too strong at times)

It's not. It's like if Axe made a MI scent. It's very not good. The difference in quality is incredibly apparent.

I own about 20 bottles of Arabshit and I regret about 2/3 of the purchases. The only ones I recommend without reservation are the La Yuqawam series, particularly the original.

>I own about 20 bottles of Arabshit and I regret about 2/3 of the purchases.

Probably because you don't know how to shop/
Not liking it =/= indicative of quality

This desu, both of the top-praised arabshits I've gotten, CDNIM and Al Rehab Silver were mediocre to bad. CDNIM was decent but really harsh and the spices were lame, Al Rehab Silver is like the "ink" quality of Silver Mountain Water without any of the complexity.

>super heavy vetiver
You're talking like it's a rooty/earthy Encre Noire vetiver, which isn't the case. You do know that there are different shades of vetiver and that it is one of the most popular warm weather notes? Summer is when I've gotten the most compliments from TdH.

>Why do you think they released the Eau Fraiche flanker? for summer.
So you're using the fact that they released a summer flanker as an argument that the original is unsuited for summer?
>what is CK One Summer, Cool Water Summer Dive Man, Acqua di Gio Blue Edition, L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Eau d'Éé, Chrome Summer, Kouros Fraîcheur...

TdH is one of the few true all weather scents, but personally I find it least suitable for winter and best in summer.

I used to think like that, but stick around long enough and you'll realize that names/labels are meaningless and good/bad fragrances can be found from any house at any price point.

FWIW Unforgivable Multi Platinum is like a slightly sour version of MI, but it's discontinued and sells for insane prices now. According to Fragrantica, Unforgivable is supposed to smell like MI too, but I've never smelled it.

Speaking of MI, what are some other frags that develop like it? Start out boring in the opening minute or so, then blossom open into a super complex fragrance?

Is Burberry Weekend edt men anything worthwhile?

I found a tester for a nice price, but it seems like wasting money on an inferior product when I ought to spend more and get something that's actually worthwhile.

Maybe you should try it out. If you enjoy it, then it's worthwhile. If you dislike it, then it's not.

Also, beware of ebay and amazon. If you buy a tester from there, it's most likely a fake. Don't underestimate how cheap a fragrance they're willing to fake, I got a fake Montblanc Individuel off of there.

>Also, beware of ebay and amazon. If you buy a tester from there, it's most likely a fake
So you are saying that over 50% of the testers sold on eBay and Amazon are fakes? Wow. Got a citation for that?

Obviously there's nothing I can cite that says "70% OF TESTERS ON EBAY OR AMAZON ARE FAKE" or they probably wouldn't allow the sale of them, but I do know it's easy to trick idiots with a similar scent and even easier when you don't have to buy/manufacture the packaging and caps for the empty bottles you're getting. Really, I was just giving him the sound advice that "ebay/amazon aren't trustworthy, especially for testers", sorry if I worded it in a way that set off your autism

Fuck, had to refresh and didn't get the link

>sorry if I worded it in a way that set off your autism
Lel you really did

The fact is, in this case the savings amounts to less than $10, and at that point I'd rather pay a little more to get from a reputable source like fragrancenet. But, if I ever decide to get some aventus, I definitely will keep this advice in mind.

What? Your message implies you're going to get both this frag and aventus from reputable sources like fragrancenet, why are you wording it like you'd buy the two from different sources?

IS this any good? I wouldn't give a damn if it wasn't compared so frequently to GIT, but that has me intrigued.

All I meant was in this case, the savings were so trivial ($10), I may as well buy from a reputable source. However, if i were instead looking to purchase a more expensive fragrance, (aventus is an example), the savings would hypothetically be more substantial than $10, and I would therefore be more tempted to purchase from the ebay seller. Either way, as I do not want to be taken advantage of, it is good to know these ebay sellers are often illegimate.

Sorry, I didn't sleep last night.

it's not GIT. it's certainly fine though

Would I smell like an old man/super dated if I wore it? Wouldn't wanna smell like that clueless old man who's still wearing Eternity

no. the "persona" that a fragrance projects is mostly marketing, you'd just smell the way that it smells. if that were the case, then i would get many more strange looks from soleil blanc than i do (i don't get any). certain fragrances smell dated, but that's really only to enthusiasts, and cool water isn't really one of them.

Has anyone tried these? They seem intriguing, especially Prakt.

I got BdC, By the Fireplace, TF Oud, Derek Lam Something Wild, Jazz Club, Commodity Moss and Commodity Bergamot

Got my first compliment from a dude today. He wasn't gay and nether am I. Can anyone guess what I was wearing?

memeventus

Dior Sauvage?

Dylan blue cuz that happened to me

Holy fuck, aren't they only supposed to give you three? Or was this multiple trips?

imperial pasteque by dua, very arab, very close copy

This is a riddle, right? You want us to think you're a guy but you're actually a grill memeing us

My guess is Dior Hypnotic Poison

Dior Homme my official summer scent for two years straight. Love that shit

All wrong. I know he wasn't gay cause he was with his girlfriend

Versace Bright Crystal, Flowerbomb, Chanel N5, fuck I give up.

Bleu de Chanel edt

What is a sexy dark fragrance? Not necessarily oud-ey, something that accommodates my grimdark sensibilities while still being elegant/sophisticated?

Axe Dark Temptation, for a refined gentleman with a dark side such as yourself ;))))))

Voleur de Rose? Noir De Noir?

Ultra Zest?

One trip. The whole "talking to her and saying how picky I am" thing actually works, it's not just autism

Really? Even stuff like Pure Havane/Malt is sweet as fuck, you're gonna recommend him something that's bright and cheery on top of that?

It's kind of like recommending a sweater vest to someone who wants to look edgy, it's just not happening

Tom Ford Noir Extreme

Wow, so this is the power of faux autism? Might have to take advantage of that, thanks user

Has anyone here done that Mugler Circle code thing? Where you send in/register the little piece of paper in your A*Men box and they send you samples? When should you expect something, if so?

It really depends on the girl. Usually the fat/ugly ones aren't as generous so keep that in mind

My Sephora doesn't have a girl. They have a gay dude. Please advise.

I see. I wonder why? You'd think they'd be nicer

Just get Tres Nuit. Trust me

suck his dick

It's in the same boat as Joop Homme and One Million, where everyone and their grandkids have smelled it. So you'll just be labeled as another Cool Water guy.

I need to buy some shaving soap. Will the fragrance in this last?

21/m
Warm weather
for most occasions
sub $70, the cheaper the better

Tried a few frags today.
Un jardin Sur le nil = green mangoes, sour, short lived & weak. I didn't get anything besides the green mangoes.
declaration d'un soir = spicy rose, would have been better for the above criteria if it was a little softer on the spice and a little fresher. not for me
Sauvage & dh cologne = I prefer dior homme cologne. It smelled more uplifting and natural.

Eyeing the other two in the pic. I haven't tried them in years but from what I remember they didn't stand out.

What's your go to summer freshies?

O-ok

Dior homme, or Dior homme intense? Would paying extra for intense be worth it longevity and sillage wise?

what does aventus smell like?

Memes

>tfw your frag is supposed to arrive today but the tracking info still doesn't say "out for delivery" yet

It's not coming today, is it bros?

About as long as any soap fragrance does, i.e. not long.

it didn't come today... ;_;

iktfb. otoh, I've gotten several eBay frags ahead of schedule, so it kind of balances out.

Well, I thought it was gonna come yesterday, but it turns out it was a government holiday on Monday. So I got disappointed twice now. My heart can only take so much!

Just bought a bottle of allure homme sport extreme. How long until it becomes my favorite frag?

Big blast of pineapple, then a mix of fruity and birch from far away, right next to your nose it just smells like birch. Masculine, but a bit too green/sharp for some people

>Buying a frag hoping it'll become your favorite

This is some next level fuckery. I could get it if it was a compliment monster like Dior Sauvage that you were just trying to like, but allure homme sport is pretty middling on compliments. Why do you want to like it?

Just act gay

Would Aventus be a good videogame name?

Yeah, a gay video game

I already own Savuage. All I've heard about allure homme sport extreme is good things

What is the worst fragrance you've ever blind bought?

Pic related, smells like metal, plastic and death

It finally came!

love Amouage desu

That looks like something some Armo or Persian would wear at a nightclub

Great house. It's my third scent of theirs. They have some frags I find absolutely revolting, but the ones I love more than make up for it.

What others do you have and what ones do you find revolting?

Jubilation, Bracken, and now Reflection.

I can't stand Fate. It smells like Indian food. It's pretty horrific. Not a huge fan of Lyriceither.

w2c Bois 1920 Oltremare?

I've found places with basically ever other Bois 1920, none with Oltremare EDP

Luckyscent gives me 6+ complimentary samples ... What should I get?

fragrantica.com/perfume/By-Kilian/Good-Girl-Gone-Bad-15924.html

At least one Zoologist, they're very super interesting, a Kurkdjan, Roja Dove (I like Enigma/Creation-E), House of Oud, maybe a Stephan Humbert Lucas, maybe a Xerjoff.