Please critique my outfit at a wedding last Saturday

Please critique my outfit at a wedding last Saturday.

Harsh insults welcome tyvm.

Have a few more in upcoming months. Looking for ideas.

You getting multiple wives? Neato.

Meant to say multiple weddings to attend. Whoops I'm retarded.

Looks generic and like something you bought at a small town mall, but the fit isn't terrible. The bowtie is quirky without drawing too much attention to yourself. Maybe incorporate colours at the next wedding. Hopefully you and your date had a great time celebrating with the married couple! Weddings are so fun

Hair looks you just woke up from bed, shoes look like 30 dollar Macy's clearance rack, shirt doesn't even look like it was bothered to be ironed

But to be constructive, I wouldn't go with a pitchblack suit for a wedding, I'd settle for a charcoal variant. Provided the girl isn't wearing black you'd look off wearing all black. Try to add in some colour in the shoes/belt.

>Please critique my outfit at a wedding last Saturday.
>
>Harsh insults welcome tyvm.
>
>Have a few more in upcoming months. Looking for ideas.
If anyone cares

Suit: Suitsupply
Bowtie: Brooks Brothers
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
Shoes: Kent Wang
Watch (can't see): Citizen
PS: Unbranded

>
>
>
>But to be constructive, I wouldn't go with a pitchblack suit for a wedding, I'd settle for a charcoal variant. Provided the girl isn't wearing black you'd look off wearing all black. Try to add in some colour in the shoes/belt.
Suit is charcoal not black.>
>
>
>But to be constructive, I wouldn't go with a pitchblack suit for a wedding, I'd settle for a charcoal variant. Provided the girl isn't wearing black you'd look off wearing all black. Try to add in some colour in the shoes/belt.
Suit is charcoal, not black.

you don't look awful, but you don't look amazing either.

mostly the hair comment.
different shades of black are off putting

iron shirt, fix hair

If you want to wear a tuxedo, you need a cummerbund (or waistcoat) and suspenders, and you need to not wear it during the day.

If you want to wear a dark suit you need to get something in a colour besides black.

And button your jacket when you're standing up. You look sloppy.

looks fine desu only thing id change is the shoes

Why did you went with a white body pillow?

how did you ask her out ?

you should not wear black tie to a wedding unless that's what they specified on the invitations, and i'm sure they didn't

>suitsupply

I bet it feels like gladwear

Inoffensive, like a balding ferris bueller at a wedding.

One of the few guys who didn't get laid at the wedding guessing by posture

>Inoffensive
>a tux
Will you stop posting, please? You obviously don't know shit about fashion

Looks fine, I don't like the shoulders on the blazer though.

That looks like a normal suit jacket to me; no satin lapels, no cumberbund/waistcoat

this.

Plus: Do not wear a bow tie with a regular shirt collar. Wingtip collar or take of the bow tie.

Dress hankerchief matches the color of the _necktie_. No necktie, no hankerchief.

No, turndown collars are completely appropriate for black tie and have been since the Duke of Wales started wearing them in the '30s. Imo it looks much smarter when the band of the tie is hidden, and it also hides the adjuster.

Also a pocket square is fine if you aren't wearing a boutonniere, especially in white.

just saved this from one of the waywt threads. your outfit looks fine

He's not wearing a tuxedo. That's just a black lounge suit, which was a bit of a waste of money, considering you should only be wearing black lounge suits to funerals.

Why is Veeky Forums so bad at black tie ensembles? There are numerous guides that all say that same fucking thing. The de facto black tie pocket square is white linen, and you shouldn't be wearing a long tie with a tuxedo, so your advice is all around terrible.

And bow ties are fine with turned down collars.

However he is clearly /attempting/ to wear a tuxedo.

Yeah, it certainly seems that way. However, the first step to wearing a tuxedo is, ya know, actually wearing one, so all the minutia seems too early.

I'd rather see him in a black suit with proper black tie accessories than a real tuxedo worn poorly. If he tucks in the pocket flaps the only real difference is the unfaced lapels.

Well, no one should wear a notched lapel tuxedo, and pairing black tie accessories with a black lounge suit sounds a bit like doing something poorly.

I like it. I would change the shoes, though, they look big on you.

Button the jacket while standing up, you faggot

He looks perfectly fine, assuming the suit is charcoal (which it looks like it is). His shirt is a little fruity, but otherwise he's completely inoffensive.

Why would he wear black tie to a wedding?

Some weddings call for it. Well, let's of weddings do, honestly. It's just that lots of weddings are also during the day, and people are idiots. That said, wearing black tie to a wedding isn't all that rare.

You look like an asian
Incorrect shirt. Suit could have had more formal lapels

But it isn't a fucking tuxedo

Huh. I've never seen anyone wear black tie to a wedding (or a wedding that called for it, even on Saturday dinner/dancing weddings). I think if a wedding doesn't specifically call for it, it would be bizarre to do it.

That said, OP looks fine, but should get a thicker, more solid shirt. Maybe in blue. Bow ties make you look like a libertarian, but whatever.

Both your shirt and jacket sleeves are to short, look it up. Shirt also looks thin and cheap, not well tucked. Shoes look like bananas? Pants look really good though.

roast me lads, this was put together last minute

Uniqlo Blazer
Uniqlo shirt (really cheap and light, wearing under shirt)
American Apparel skinny tie
Veilance Indisce pants
generic capped oxford shoes

wish the uniqlo stuff was a bit better quality, was looking for one of the jil sander collab blazers for a bit

On the whole, it's okay. Not bad, not that good either - just okay.

As a tuxedo/black tie, it's bad. Silk lapels is a must, peak lapels are preferred. Also sash/cummerbund or a waistcoat.

This is shit.

How is this shit? It looks really good to me, everything fits well, and compliments his slim frame. If anything I'd tell him to get a haircut and taper his pants a tad.

Veeky Forums really is the board for edgy teens who don't know how to dress, why even bother posting if you cant even explain why its shit?

You look like a guy at a wedding.

the fit is alright. Your body is the problem. Shoulder pads are very outdated now, but I would recommend them in this case.

>Watch (can't see): Citizen
Anal?

Why do people think it's a tux? Wearing a tux at a wedding is also pretty cringe especially what looks to be a low budget summer wedding

Personally I would have just opted for light grey pants a cotton summer patterned shirt

And brought a tie and tie bar in case everyone else wore one.

But plan on open collar and rolled sleeves

Tuxedo

Silk faced lapels, grosgrain or silk trim on pant leg.

Tux shirt hidden or decrotive buttons (matched with french cuffs)

What said and also:
Your generic shoes do not match the rest of the look. Go for something like OP's shoes or somewhere in between.