How does Veeky Forums feel about nail polish?

how does Veeky Forums feel about nail polish?

IT IS A KIND OF MAKEUP, THEREFORE, IT IS JUST AS SUPERFLUOUS, AND DISHONEST, AS FACIAL MAKEUP.

why this nigga still alive

try hard on guys

what does that even mean, trying hard at what

It's fine I guess. I hate those glued on talons girls do. And that matte brown looks like literal feces. So that's terrible. Only acceptable on guys if you're David Blaine or a successful metal singer.

It goes really well if you have a Coke vibe going, but if your wardrobe is diverse and you wear a fit where the nail polish doesn't blend in with the clothes , it can be cringe

>Only acceptable on guys if you're David Blaine or a successful metal singer.
That's totally immaterial to how it looks (bad), don't be so status obsessed

>What is cultural context

There's "socially acceptable" and "acceptable" in the sense of aesthetics. The thread is obviously in the latter context, nobody needs to be told nail polish on men generally isn't socially acceptable.

What's the difference between the two

yeah man I hate when bitches lie about their nail color

trying hard to be different and edgy

It's fine if Ur a fag. If Ur not and u paint Ur nails every one will think Ur a fag

jej

painting your nails really isn't that hard dude

IMO you can't do it if you are trying to look like someone else or embody some style. The ONLY acceptable way for men to wear nail polish is if they truly don't give a fuck and or just like the color or something like that. There is a very fine line between the acceptable use and absolute poser. I think lean and characters like lil peep can pull this kind of shit off simply because of the way they handle themselves.

That's not what he ment dumbass

i sometimes wear black nail polish, i find it goes well with a shoegaze aesthetic, especially when its slightly chipped

I think it's fine. I can't think of a negative

if it's only on matte green/matcha color, then it can be cute. any other looks whorish

Aesthetics are mathematical. All about ratios and shit.

If you want to wear it, wear it. If you don't want to wear it, don't wear it. It's neither edgy nor unique anymore, and it's not something that goes with any specific style. The only people who care are the elderly.

>say it's trying hard
>it's not even hard to do
???

It's a colloquialism. It doesn't refer to the physical difficulty of the task.

Someone who is a "try hard" could also be described as a "poser", or otherwise trying to force their way to fitting in. It's an adjective, not a verb/adverb.

This one's kinda cool

It makes looks girls look prettier and more put together

Depends, if the girl has nicely-shaped nails to start with then it looks good. Otherwise no.

>if the girl has nicely-shaped nails to start with then it looks good
What does this even mean? You have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm not that user, but it means literally what it says. Are you mentally deficient?

I personally like nails fairly short, with a large radius roundedness to them. In other words, a relatively straight contour. I dislike claws, falsies, super long nails, and super rounded nails.

With exception to (which is a bit overly long for me), the nail pics I posted fit my above criteria.

I mean, nicely filed nails should be the default before anyone paints their nails. No one just paints their nails without shaping it first. That's retarded.

Try hard means expending more effort than is appropriate, as in a video game where one player gives 100% in casual play. You guys are just misusing it.

I think it's trashy on women.
Looks try hard and weird on guys.

but it's called a MANicure

Wouldn't recommend nail styling for men. However I sig nail polish on women. In all honesty hygiene of the nails and making sure there filled properly and well taken care of is a thing I look when meeting someone. When getting yours nails done women, stick to french manicures, and nude colours/tones/shades. Its the most chic looking imo.

*dig *I look at

This

what if I just like how it looks

this for girls

nothing for guys, get a manicure or whatever but don't do any polish on it because it looks ridiculous

Read what I wrote you tard.

what

i agreed with you on both men and women but elaborated my own stance on men? chill dude

nah french nails looks shit, paint or bust

Came to say this pretty much. Its cool if you don't care about others opinions on the fact that you enjoy polishing your nails.

miss me with that gay shit

On guys it's alt-normie shit for guys who think they can get cool kid points for gender-bending

Lmao read what he wrote, tard. He was agreeing with your point for girls.

>implying you can't

lol