How do you deal with envy of all the rich kids out there living it up with millions while you struggle a life...

How do you deal with envy of all the rich kids out there living it up with millions while you struggle a life desperately trying to get as rich as them? While they have it easy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o6hoQHJTKNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Being overcome with envy is weak minded. Get off social media and focus on yourself.

im in better shape than them. id trade my muscle/fitness for millions but at least it helps me deal cuz they never had the pressure put on them to harden themselves to life.

at least i have something they will never have i guess. still, they could easily just buy steroids a pro trainer, a home gym and hire olympic strength coaches and personal chefs and shit and overcome me.

I don't have to deal with them? I just focus on being better than I was yesterday and setting short term goals for myself that will hopefully help me obtain long term goals of wealth and success. Try not to focus on other people too much, there's always going to be someone with more money, bigger muscles, richer parents, faster cars, etc.

Because their family pays 70%+ income taxes for the meme safety and meme childhood that theyre having, and that pays for my welfare check.

I like to imagine I would appreciate wealth more than they would because I can compare it to the suffering and struggle that I had before.

I don't care. Everyone's life is something separate, I am in no race with any other person. Good for them. I still think progression to becoming rich is the best feeling. Having lived poor and then later becoming and staying rich is the best.

My boss is rich. He has some patents that payed out really well for him. He also owns two restaurants.

His kids are just the most obnoxious rich kid stereotypes you have ever met.

But my boss makes them work in the restaurants. And not managers, well one is but she also is a waitress, and his son is a waiter/barman.

They get paid what we get paid. Little special treatment but I can't fault him for liking his own kids better than me. I like my kids better than him so no biggie.

It just bothers me when they complain about money and then talk about their third trip to Europe or some shit when I haven't been on a vacation in 7 years.

So not envious, just annoyed.

How do I deal? I just do, that's life. What am I going to do about it?

I honestly dont care, just like I dont care that most people are born much poorer than I was.
It doesnt hurt me when those rich kids have some fun with their parents money.

get out of here you faggot

Dont envy someones who is just born into millions of dollars. It wont do you any good and you dont recieve any utility from it.

Its like power ball winners. Just chance.

But its among the best reasons.

Maming money and living in this country is taxed at commie levels, so they really pay for such memes.

If i ever make a few million dollars im going to build myself a resudence in antartica and just shotpost and trade securities all day.

Honestly, going on vacations and all the shit that they supposedly post about is just the boring end-result of financial wins.

I'd rather achieve the win than spend the proceeds.

I get solace from the fact that wealth is not a sign of happiness but growth and change. That their chances of accidental death and drug addiction and overdose is just icing on the cake.

Work hard to match them, that's the only answer if you have a pair of balls.

You could recreate that pic for almost no money at all, post it on tumblr and feel just as good about yourself.

Go to local airport, talk your way into a cabin for a look, stage a scene, take pic, go back to the bank and pay off your cash advance.

>Work hard
When will this meme die?

well I've got a 10 inch dick so at least I've got that going for me and i can fuck rpetty much any slut on Tinder.

That's pretty much all I got.

even if i was extremely wealthy, i'd rather kill myself than craft a social media persona revolving around taking pictures of myself wasting money in tacky ways. i'm guessing the guy in this pic was born into money and he'll get tired of being a vapid douche someday and wish he hadn't wasted his youth doing stupid things when he could have used his time and money to help the world. or he'll OD on speedballs. either way, i'm not really envious.

I honestly never met one, but this isn't the life I would choose for myself, or my kids, so I'm not envious.

This

Envy is good, all emotions are good if you use them to benfit yourself.

If I see some rich boy talking down to me for not having as much money I think I'll dedicate more time and effort to out do you.

Kinda like boxing, some rich boy boxer with good genetics may be a good boxer but some poor fag boxer just as strong or even a little weaker is going to train and fight twice as hard to out do them.

Alexander the great's farther was a foolish rich drunk and Alexander was a rich boy but he wanted to out do his farther and did, use envy as a driving force to out do them.

Or find out where they live and slash their car tiers.

>How do you deal with envy of all the rich kids out there living it up with millions while you struggle a life desperately trying to get as rich as them?

I am not, I struggle so I can offer my kids what their parents offered them.

One guy in EVERY rich familys history had to put his shit together and do the grind so the next generations after him can enjoy the lifestyle they enjoy. Might as well be that guy.

First post, best post

to quote the only true legend: you can be a lot of things but you can never be me. good luck. truly. working with clinicly depressed. more then one rich kid mortally afraid he will loose dads money knowing he can never get rich again.

When I first got my trust fund endowment at 25 I spent a week wiping my ass with 100 dollar bills. A bonehead friend of mine told my dad and he called and cussed me out. 20 years later my piece of shit son lives his life from one party to the next blowing money on whores and drugs. He has never worked a day in his life. He told me he wishes I would die soon so he could get his inheritance before he is to old to enjoy it. My son is the definition of NEET. Money is not all it's cracked up to be.

rkoi is more like top 1% consumer whores then "rich kids"

I dont value Stuff like they do.

If they were running for public office with the money or building influence in government I would be very jealous. But these guys are just as dumb as the trashy people I went to highschool with. They just waste money on more expensive versions of the same alchol/party/travel/shopping life style.

I don't think about them. What irks me is when unskilled people have success in my field. Or how other people can pay commercial rent or get huge business loans for things I can't. Fuck worrying about trust fund degenerates.

it doesn't have to be that way

I don't.
I work a blue collar job, and I love it. I am THE lower-middle class working man.
Sounds shitty, right? Wrong.

>me
taken seriously by everyone around me
body of a greek god from 8 years of hard labor
beautiful soon to be wife
the strength to take care of her when/if she ever falls ill, or gets too drunk to walk home one night
stable weekly routine
strong "work hard, get paid" mindset
good values to pass on to my children if i decide i ever want any
loyal friends
will probably work until i'm 70 (because i enjoy it) and live to 100 assuming i don't get some terminal illness
the best one: actual happiness. not the kind that comes from unlimited money, drugs, and women. the kind that makes you live longer, the kind everyone knows you have the minute they get to know you.

>rich kids
they're exactly that- kids
nobody will ever take them seriously
no actual life skills
drug and alcohol problems
cheating whore girls are attracted to them
no respect for anyone around them
useless muscle mass from gym time and steroids
shitty clothing choices
probably won't live past 60
material happiness. when their dick doesnt work anymore and they have destroyed livers, that happiness will be gone and they will die alone.

This

Just worry about yourself and make your own life/happiness

Luck. They were born lucky, I wasn't. Once you process that you start to understand that people aren't always as happy as they seem to be.

Like, if I'm not happy I can always say "I'm only unhappy because I'm poor" and then work towards becoming wealthy. A rich person can't do this. They may have problems that money can never solve.

Amigo, money does not make you happy. It just makes life easy.

>[CURRENT YEAR]
>Getting married
>Being finance savvy.

Pick 2.

Invest in happiness. If marriage is going to make her happy, sure.. why not. In turn, her happiness is going to make me happy.
Also, I'm not worried about a divorce and losing half of my shit, because I actually found a good woman.
If something like that does happen, who the fuck cares? Shit happens. Move on and keep on going.

Is getting money all you can think about?
Ill be happily retired on 25 acres of land with a nice little house, while you're hanging from a rope in your empty mansion.
Look at the big picture man, not just dosh and bitches. All of it won't mean shit in another 15-20 years (assuming you're 20-25, even sooner if you're older).

Envy of people richer than me?

I have a roof, food to live on, and a job that is above retail.

Everything else is angels on the heads of pins.

Vote Bernie Sanders so you can steal their money.

Its not a meme burnout. Work hard doesn't mean literally working hard by the way you autistic fuck. Work your ass off getting as much income as you can at any corner and be careful with your money. By the time you're in your 40's you'll be living like them.

This. But even if they use their power for influence I don't mind so long as they aren't using it to do shitty things.

Sucks that your a horrible father and raised a spoiled brat. On the bright side your family will become poor again and might never recover. Plus you can always feel good about the fact that your son will likely grow up and want to kill himself for being such an ass when he wastes all your money.

Sounds nice. What do you do? I kinda want to go into construction but have no idea what am doing. I like the idea of hard work and being able to look at something and know how to build it.

I build roof trusses and have a welding/furniture making/general hobby and craftsman shop running out of my garage.

I live in PA, amish area. The tourists eat up my overpriced coffee tables. $500 for something that takes me an hour and 1/2 to build.
The truss company i work for is STOCK Components, soon to be BMC (Building Materials Company). Just merged with BMC. Happy to say I work in the #1 plant in the us.

Keep your envy in the back. Keep your goals in the front.

Literally who gives a fuck nigga.

The life enjoyment of a person with $50k a year and a person with millions actually isn't that different.

Reply away.

Learnt to cope, and stopped listening to Imam Marx .

To be honest I think this is basically true as long as you don't live in a meme city.

$2000 and a charter flight, You call that rich?

Have a guy who's family is royalty in another country in my frat.

I'm not really envious of him however. Sure he is able to drop my months rent on some shades , fly private on vacations, and go to parties in the Hollywood Hills; but he just motivates me. Every time I see evidence of his lavish lifestyle I push a little harder toward my goals.

One day

kill them all

Considering he called his son a piece of shit it sounds like he has just given up on the boy. I'd likely do the same if my child turned into an ass. But I'd leave no assets to him unless he earned it in my lifetime. Or maybe left it all to someone worth a damn who could enlighten the brat.

People that rich don't pay taxes. See Panama papers.

Sounds like you're just boring and can't appreciate life

Close the thread because it's this.

cope

Have we all seen the episode of "Shark Tank" wherein Barbara Corcoran goes "I'm out..." on a presentation by some rich young guys. Her reason was that they were young rich guys and then she unloads on them for that. Laurie was in shock.

youtu.be/o6hoQHJTKNc

dude this post is pretty pathetic

this guy literally does not care about being 'vapid'. he takes private jets everywhere and posts it to instagram. he's literally a higher class than you

You just get on with your life.

I wasn't born a Rothschild, a Walton, or a Gates. No amount of being salty will change that fact, so it just doesn't even register on your radar.

This

I went to a private middle+high school with a lot of WEALTHY children (kids of foreign politicians, a few athletes, mostly business owners tho). I closely know at least 10 people who have trust funds that are in excess of $90million.

About 25 of the girls from my HS graduating class got implants from their parents as presents. A good amount of them got literally addicted to plastic surgery, which I didn't even think was possible. Funny when you hear about it, but pretty terrifying when you have to see it every day.

Most of them get so bored of being rich they do some dumb shit like start dealing bulk amounts of coke merely for the thrill (and still get arrested no matter how rich), or just go straight to doing heroin. I'm only 22 and 15 people from my graduating class have either died from drugs or killed themselves. One girl apparently killed herself when a friend deleted her instagram account, because external reassurance from social media was her only source of happiness. All wealthy as fuck. Old money, new money, there is no discrimination when it comes to this. Good parenting is rare when it comes to the rich. Be glad you grew up middle class.

Was if you were middle class but had shit parents still?

Then you should look at the lessons good parents around you instill in their kids

Nah, he is right. Picture guy is a loser, just by the fact that he felt the need to make that picture.

>that video
Kids of the guy who started Gamestop... Jesus christ, that's just about as lucky as you can get. At least they seem to actually be trying to make something of themselves.

>tfw 850k trust fund at 21 years old

Never get to be a super rich like these fags but at least I know my futures secure. The plan is to multiply my wealth so I can have rich kids one day and live vicariously through them.

I used to envy the easy wealth, but then I realized
They are mostly whiney, tryhard Instagram showoff bitches like Elliot Rodger who never had to develop the mindset, attitude, character, perseverance, patience, confidence, etc that got their folks rich in the first place.

As a throwaway example, since I love hip-hop and rap, is Lil Wayne vs Jay-Z.

Both had early success, but Lil Wayne was a millionaire before he was even a teenager,
Which means he has that weak 'rich kid' insecure persona, which is why he is always drunk or high and fucking up and never creates true classics that transcend genres like Jay-Z does.

Jay-Z had time to mature and grow into his success, he had to hustle more and reinvent himself to stay relevant because he was touching 30 before he was truly a global superstar outside of just being a rapper.

Like P Diddy, Jay-Z built an empire, while Lil Wayne got lazy and just made guest appearances on tracks.

I saw a video on YouTube of Birdman giving Wayne a million dollar watch for his birthday, and Wayne opens it up and just says 'oh, cool, thanks' but it sounds really forced and false, and he doesn't even hang up the phone to do it. However many nice watches do you want unless you are a serious watch collector with interests beyond the price tag?

In another video, Lil Wayne shows off his garage and he points out a (Bugatti? Veyron? If memory serves correct) and says to the cameraman he bought it because it was the first car that cost over a million, and you couldn't lease or rent it at the time, so he ordered one right away based on that alone. He knew nothing else about the car and hadn't even seen it in detail.

That seems a bit insecure to me (it was more important to him that people knew he bought it, and what it cost, than any other factor) but at the same time it is comforting to remember this when selling products or services - there is always someone who wishes you were offering them something more expensive...

>How do you deal
This implies that knowing there are people vastly wealthier than myself somehow bothers me.
If some people have to spend their time coping because of non-concerns like this, they're really not even worth my pity.

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Mo' money mo' problems

Satisfaction in knowing we all end up the same way, six feet under in the end.

Pure astronomical bullshit.

its so much easier getting pussy when you play the 'broke kid.'

I gamble professionally and only recently started looking to go the business route.

I'm completely liquid.

I rent my condo in downtown Toronto. Not a penthouse or anything fancy. Just two bedrooms and two bathrooms on the 30th floor. $2200 a month.

I'm still driving the same car I had in highschool. She turns 20 next year.

My desktop is 8 years old and my laptop is 4 years old.

I buy all my shirts from H&M, all my suits from AliExpress ($120 gets you a perfectly tailored jacket and pants that are fucking beautiful. Say what you want but those chinks know what they're doing.)

Travel is where the majority of my money goes. ~$15,000 a year

If I stopped playing I could honestly live the same lifestyle for the next 15 years without any financial worries.

Biggest temptation that I have is watching Top Gear and not buying a McLaren. I love the 675 to death but I can't justify spending 6 figures on a toy. I remember when I got into blackjack when I was 19 and thinking about all the cool shit I was going to be able to afford until I saw what happens to the guys that splurge on stupid shit.

They buy the car and they love it so much that they base their identity on it. Then a few months down the road they're the same guys that blow their bankroll and get fucked. They're also the same guys that go to nightclubs buying bottles and shit in order to get attention from girls because they're so insecure they can't be real with them. I don't have to worry about gold diggers or crazy bitches because I learned how to screen that shit out of my life.

At this point I just want to build something I can put my name on. Maybe even create some jobs so more people can put food on their family's table without hating their lives.

Do I want to make more money? Absofuckinglutely, I'm a money crazed shit. I've jerked off with money. I just want to build something spectacular so I can reach more people at the same time.

>suits from AliExpress ($120 gets you a perfectly tailored jacket and pants that are fucking beautiful. Say what you want but those chinks know what they're doing.)
Link?

Dude you are the sole voice of reason on this thread. Well done sir.

Turns out their aliexpress store is closed or they changed their name. Buy in bulk. I got 20 full suits for around $2400. They might strictly be selling on Alibaba now.

Protip: ask them for a sample set of the materials they use and offer to pay them $30 to $40 for it and that if you like the material you'll put the $40 or whatever towards the final order. Plus it really lets you pick out colours that compliment your skin tone and hair colour. Their shirts are okay too.

Make sure you go to a suit store to get your measurements taken by an actual tailor. Bring a buddy to take some photos so you can show them exactly how you want it to fit. Shit is seriously bespoke quality.

Make sure you get 3-4 linen ones too for the summer.

When you don't have to worry about your life being wiped out from one financial issue or mistake, you'll realize that it is noticeably different.

Grew up middle class. Had decent parents, but there is a whole lot of basic living skills and life lessons left out that I had no idea existed until I first moved out. Luckily, I never got rekt by my life mistakes and am using this chance to get good.

Chances are if you're born poor you will remain poor. Same goes for rich and otherwise.

I will work at Goldmans, they won't. Dadie's money can only last for so long and even if they still have money when they're old, it doesn't bother me as long as I'm making money. Making money makes me happy I don't need other people to lose/have it hard/suffer to feel happy.

what about that shit that the third generation from the riches tend to go bankrupt?? I think that shit even has some high rates statistically speaking

Not gonna lie, having a ton of money would make my life a lot better. On the other hand, I am pretty happy, I like myself, I have good friends and a job I actually enjoy. I've been around enough to know that there are people who manage to be unhappy with a lot of money, so I feel grateful for the life I have. Anyway, envy doesn't have to be an unhealthy feeling, seeing people who have stuff I want just motivates me to work harder and smarter.

Sometimes I wish I could win the lottery or inherit a few million, but generally I realize it wouldn't make me that much happier.

People who are born into that sort of wealth just get used to it. There are people who spend $2000 on a bottle of wine and they enjoy it just as much as I enjoy a cheap $10 bottle.

The thing I envy most about people being born into a nice inheritance is the security, not the luxury. The luxury is fleeting - the hedonistic treadmill takes care of it and after a certain point all the money in the world won't make you happier. Buying things to feel good is a temporary solution that treats symptoms of unhappiness, rather than actually making you happy.

What I do envy is that ~50k a year that allows you to live by your own means in relative comfort and pursue your passions. Everything past that is icing that I don't care that much about. I don't care if I'm ever 'as rich as them' as long as I can make a comfortable living.