Uni Thread

Who starting uni in September?
Where you going?
Meet some cute effay uni boys
I picked mine at random and I'm going to YSJ, is it as shit as I think?

incoming freshman studying architecture

Half of the reason why Im going is because of the location and on campus housing and its not out of state so I wont be ass raped by out of state tuition. Otherwise, fairly mediocre in most everything else. Id honestly be impressed if someone here posts a shittier university that they attend.

senior

starting my phd here this fall
anyone else going to Florida State?

>finished with my Bachelors
fuck I'm getting old

>>>>>>/soc

how fucking new

London School of Economics

Physics

I want to be freshman again :(

>supreme
fucking hypebeast uni

Kek

Finishing up my masters, last semester and I'm getting the fuck out

>inb4 rejected from harvard
is it effay?

>finished uni 2 years ago
>promotions left and right
>can afford to buy only the best-end clothing
>all these poorfags college/uni kids
>mfw

Feels good to be on top of the food chain

Political Science & Sociology. I'm in redneck hell

lol sociology in the Bible Belt, that must be weird af

Gay

>top of the food chain
>post on Veeky Forums
pick one

the subtle racism is real. I'm taking an ethics class right now and im tired of people justifying their shitty uninformed opinions with the divine command theory, triggers my autism

UCSB freshman. who else

Computer Engineering.

Incoming freshman studying mathematics and physics.

Masters in Economics, moving to London for first time.

brit boys get in here

Sophomore CompE reporting.

I did sociology at George mason before grad school, it's worse on the other end. As a cis gendered "white" (I'm mixed) male, I wasn't entitled to an opinion as I am pernamentally biased. There were like 90% women and everyone had green hair, transgenderism, and those crazy random sexualities we recently made up. It sucked.

Im a cis white as fuck male. Even though the area Im in isnt very diverse, I still feel like im just adding fuel to the fire every time I engage in discussion.

I've been going to the University of Amsterdam for a few years now.

Yeah =/ kinda stunted my academic growth that major
It doesn't help we have all these dumb white boi's saying shit like "I live in DC, it's super diverse and I've never experience racism, it must not exist"

I'm so sorry.

Big up

Going to my junior year at Michigan State University, gettin that Computer Science degree

hey xP

Yo I might try get in through clearing if I don't get into Southampton

im doing cap, cya next year

What course & why did you pick Southampton over Bris?

am at uwe lmao

don't go to any of the triangle clubs they are absolute shit

which ones are the triangle clubs?
been to motion before which was insane but i feel like it's pretty mainstream

motion's p. sick but i only go on free rave nights
go to lakota, blue mountain n black swan
lakota is my fav i love everything about it

triangle are like mbargos, pams and lizard lounge which most uob students go to

Who UCLA here?

>subtle racism
Welcome to human nature, bucko
Though I wouldn't expect someone studying sociology to actually have any command over human psychology or evolution or anything that might actually be useful in analyzing populations

t. I took an intro soci class I know exactly what it is dur hur

you ok, bud?

more like
t. interacted with enough empty-headed sociologists to know they're all either blinded by ideology or hopelessly misguided

History and politics, dunno mate. League tables and dat.

But two of my best mates are going Bristol and no one I know is going Southampton so I might as well go Bristol. Plus my school gets like lowered entry grades or some shit

go for it, such a sick city

you sound like a faggot
get a real degree

Is geography a meme degree or is it actually worth something?

meme degree

I mostly shitpost for (You)s

Any suggestions? Also can you tell me what determines if a degree is real or not?

Whether it's a BSc or a BA

I have a degree in math that was a BA. Didn't get a BS cause I took Russian instead of chemistry. My degree don't real?

university college

Fake degree

being consistently wrong is better than random I suppose

Bio Junior at Eastern Michigan. I'm poor and I hate myself

man i would understand a bfa cause this is a fashion board but if you take a ba i can only assume you weren't smart enough to get into stem or you're trying to be a kike lawywer

Just finished undergrad at Oxford with shit grades. What a pathetic letdown of a student I was.

But underachieving at a prestigious uni ist effay, r-right?

from what i understand trump didnt do great at school so yeah good job :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks man, he's
weirdly inspiring

Congrats bud, it's a great programme, I hear. Friend of mine (who did his BA with me but wasn't inept like me) got a fantastic supervisor for his End of year Thesis there

ha ha I almost went there

San Francisco State University is where I go
im a sophomore

Im starting here fall, too

Why not put some effort in and get accepted to a good school like CU

Hail State! Majoring in computer science. Anyone else?

Couldnt afford

Lakota is probably one of the best clubs in UK.

Cheers, looking forward to it!

>BA in math
>at any other university than Oxbridge or Harvard
Yeah it's worthless

t. Mathfag

>Implying a BA in math at Harvard even comes close to a BA in math at MIT.

You have to go back.

I chose not to go there because its right by the city and I dont think my political views would be welcome. That and the school counselor program here is better. People were surprised I chose not to go to SDSU and instead to an irrelevant nobody school. I hate socal so much.
I hope youre an /out/doorsman so I have someone to relate to when their outdoor program starts in August. The amount of white women here is great, let alone the 2/3 girl to guy ratio. Also I heard its gonna smell like cow shit for a month in the whole county by the time the semester starts.

>liberal arts degree
>from a technical university
yeah nah my point still stands
if someone who went to MIT to study math chose to get a BA instead of a BS i seriously question their sanity

Harvard is ranked higher in math in QS. Harvard might not have as good applied sciences and engineering as its neighbor, but hard sciences and maths at the Big H are strong.

How was GM outside that sphere of dipshits?

Bump

Eh idk. I was only there a year. I only had to do 45 credits once I transferred from nova to graduate. 75% of the campus commutes, so it's literally dead on the weekends, but that might change this year. They're requiring freshman to live on campus. Lots of diversity, but most of it is segregated. All the brown people are either international or grew up locally together and went to the same mosques, temples and shit. They act like they're still in hs because they're with same ppl that they were with in hs. Most of the white people are from hick Virginia, Roanoke, va beach and the north shore. Lots and lots of working adults. GM is so cheap compared to the other schools near D.C., so lots of employers encourage their employees to take their continuing education there. Definitely has the feel of a strong up and coming University, you just won't get that classic University experience there. I'd only go if you want to graduate quickly like I did. I started nova at 16 and was out of mason by 18-19.

>graduating from U of Tsukuba in a few weeks
Don't know if my experiences in a Japanese university would translate to you guys, but I wish you all the best!

good post

Also, it's easy to get a good GPA there. If you're seriously considering grad school, mason would be good. I went to Georgetown right after my sociology degree for a masters in physiology at Georgetown

UoY here. Yes, YSJ is shit. At least you graduate in the Minster though.

I am actually military in korea and considering studying here. Much to my surprise gm has a campus here. Do you know anything about it?

Oh yeah, that opened up 2-3 years ago. The Korean government subsidized a bunch of it. Basically, for US universities, you spend your first two years taking a collection of general education requirements and the last two years taking courses in your chosen major of study. The mason Korea campus only has courses for the first two years, so if you were to go there, you'd have to finish at the main campus in Fairfax. They've got a decent size Korea community, but studying abroad in the US without money is a bitch. It's an expensive area around mason.

As a grad student. Moving from London so I will have to adapt to small town life surrounded by poshos

Wu Tang killah bees
>this fucking curriculum

Also, if you had money, you could do a year in Korea, a year in Italy, a year in Virginia and a year at oxford easily graduate. I'd probably do that for the experience if I had to go back. All your teachers at the Korean campus mason paid to move to Korea to teach so they'll be American.

Holy fuck you guys must get no pussy bahaha

Turned down Lincoln for Hull.(UK). Am I brain dead? Doing Comp sci btw. I havent even applied for accommodation yet. Dont think I will... Just gonna wing it and try to slip through the cracks at clearing. Wish me luck bros :'(

God this shit makes me depressed

are there many opportunities to meet cool UoY people or am i fugged

CU has an 84% acceptance rate and CSU has an 81% lol

>tfw know the GMU's president's daughter
>went to middle school with her
>she's attending harvard this fall
>total SJW, liberal, and unironically a lesbian
kek

Lmao and you know Cabrera is probably conservative as fuck for the coch brothers to let him run mason.

this is shit

>Solely focusing on getting pussy in college
>Not expecting to be a literal shit stain to society

Kill yourself, desu.

This post is kawaii

reminder that being american is not effay

boston is a big effay city