Veeky Forums approved hobbies? what do you guys do in your spare time?

Veeky Forums approved hobbies? what do you guys do in your spare time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2-tA2geMxS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anything that is challenging and mentally stimulating imo

some examples please?

writing, photography, filmmaking, painting, woodworking, literally anything

do what you like doing, but make sure that you are doing things that are challenging and ultimately rewarding. basically avoid things like netflix or gaming. these aren't hobbies, they are forms of entertainment that ultimately provide the illusion of satisfaction without actually requiring any work to be put into them.

Read, write music, i wanted to do filmmaking but i don't have the money

I skate transition and do occasional photography and art but I try not to be too pretentious about it. it doesnt matter what you do as long as you do SOMETHING with your mind and body, not one or the other (video games or lifting respectively) and just dont be a pretentious dickbag about it like those spandex road bikers

photography, synthesizers, and cars if I had the money

Drinking fine liquor and spirits.
Smoking and collecting cigars.
Playing polo as well as riding.
Gym.
Going to the range.
Having sex with hookers.
Painting.
Oh and golf.

youre posting on Veeky Forums so I assume you at least have a computer and a smart phone. no excuse to not make some hobby films. this is an old favorite that I think is a perfect example of what I mean
youtu.be/2-tA2geMxS8

I draw, doodle and paint,
It helps when I find myself overly anxious or stressed out
I also like designing and making fashion pieces and tailoring and DIYing my clothes as well
I've always wanted to get into producing my own DnB and House music as a hobby, seemed like it would be fun to do and throw onto YouTube or sound cloud for ppl to enjoy.

I recently got a Stratocaster guitar and have been learning how to play 90s grunge,

And I love cars and cafe racer motorcycles and modding and racing them
And I really enjoy watching and practicing combat sports like mma/kickboxing/judo/bjj etc
I'd like to learn how to make mid 20th century/minimalist furniture

Young bitches and cocaine

i skate, read, take photos, and urbex a fair bit. just do shit that takes effort and is rewarding both physically and mentally

paint miniatures
grow and propagate plants (sometimes sell them too)
learning other languages
going on hikes by myself and occasonally getting lost and finding myself on the other side of the city

I draw and watch movies, mostly
Drawing I made

anime, gaming, movies

Just like clothing you just have to pick the right anime/games/movies

nice

Just started reading ichi the other night, first manga in ages that im actually really enjoying

I sew and sculpt in my free time, but honestly i think its so important that you have some sort of creative output, i cant imagine just watching netflix or gaming it must be so unfulfilling

My nikka, Ive only watched the movie though.

I weave and am getting into jewellery making with copper and bronze using lost wax

Gardening and fermenting/cooking too

Making diy perfume. It's smells shitty tho, but I like the process.

Blacksmith here

imma /mu/tant because that's Veeky Forums as fuck

Muay Thai
Woodworking
Learning how to dance Salsa
Golf.
Angry sex with women i meet on tinder
thats about it

fire your own terracotta clay splash pots to hold your homemade juices in for exquisite ancient smells. get good clay, no amazon.com junk

I come home, make a dinner, watch simpsons in tv and look forward to going to work next day

what do you do for a living?

inline skate and make clothes

its not Veeky Forums

Drawing
Skate
Going out with friends
Films
Learning to produce music
Programming

Developer in test, I write software that tests software

Sulking about my anxiety, depression, body dysmorphia and deep self hatred
Spend literal hours a week staring at myself in the mirror judging my thin, wispy, receding hairline that a buzz probably can't even fix due to my JUST hairline.
Looking up self improvement techniques (mostly lifting routines and dieting meal prep stuff) that I will never attempt or at least fail quickly at
Fap constantly because it's something that feels good only to be sad and ashamed directly after due to knowing that my anxiety stops me from getting it up for anyone
Browsing Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums for the last 5 years, but never posting because I'll be ridiculed.
Smoking weed to make the pain temporarily go away and to allow me to enjoy video games for a short amount of time.
Sleeping 4 hours a night on workdays and then sleeping till 2pm on days off.

The one positive thing is that I know my family and friends love me even though I hide behind a false wall of smiles and laughter, though some of my friends are starting to catch on that I'm dying inside. Luckily this will stop me from offing myself because I'm a empathetic pushover and pleasing others and making sure they're not upset with me outweighs the crippling disgust I have for myself.

this guy gets it

Putin lifts so little. That's like 30 kg. Wtf is even the point of all the hard trying bros?

It's all about your connections, personality and luck. Just be fit.

Is playing tactical shooters with your boyfriend /effay/?

We play a lot of ArmA, Siege, Red Orchestra/Rising Storm, Day of Infamy, and Battlegrounds.

each plate is ~10 lbs
so 3 plates that's like 15 kg each side

Plahy CS:GO > : (

+1 (747) 256-5967

You're enjoying company with someone you care about, that's more effay than any sort of clothing. GJ I'm happy for you, someday I hope I achieve this

>Wtf is even the point of all the hard trying
For the sake of propaganda, just to make dumb russians drool over their manlet preso

Just remember that bragging about being le gaming gurl is not effay

>girl
When did I claim this?

I used to years ago, just got out of it and there's too many games for me to bother getting back into it.

One day, user.

I remember you from another thread, did you ever end up going to barber school?

nigga he 65

this nigga old f'am

Is it a worthwhile field in software dev?
What technologies do you use?

You are not really pure software dev there though, there are days I don't write single line of code
So if you want to be sw dev this could be dead end for you

Hm, what do you do then? Hands-on testing?

Half of time I prepare my backend which is all java and state of art. Rest of time creating actual automated tests using various commercial frontend frameworks, utilizing my java crap

Anything that you actually care about.

I like going to thrift shops/yard sales and flea markets just trying to find neat items.
Rock hounding/basic mining. You can make a pretty coin, get some nice pieces and give good, genuine gifts that typically don't cost you anything.

Woodworking, reading, writing, pipe smoking and etc.

Just get out there, find what you like and fucking do it.

Went though a really bad breakup with a girl i was living with and almost ended up homeless since I was in a different city and didnt know anyone,

so I ended up having to move to my mom's house in a different city which is 5hrs away, cause I didn't have anywhere to go and now im just saving up money working at a clothes shop for barber school which I hope I can start in Sept then after that get a tattooing apprenticeship

So wish me luck it's been fucking stressful and lonely as hell but as long as I can do something I enjoy like giving ppl effay haircuts and tattoos, and making clothes and furniture, and have enough money for a decent place and fun sporty/muscle car and a decent gf I'm happy

You say and too much, you could have used commas. Besides that, I wish you good luck, doing what you love and getting money off of it it`s the effaiest you can be

>fa
>salsa
>pick one

sorry mate but here in latin america salsa it's far away from being fa

are you me

Sounds good, user! Keep it up.

>Thnx yall

I'd also like to make auto stickers as a side business/hobby, to help maybe make a few bucks for gas or groceries or something.
They're fun to make, it just sucks when I only have a phone, so i don't have a plethora of different fonts and tools to make nice ones

>Pic related one of the 1st auto stickers I made

running

currently trying to look like bernard lagat

dabbing

Damn, why is Putler so cool

Running, calisthenics, bjj, and the guitar are my hobbies. They aren't really Veeky Forums but all have helped me build confidence and perspective I think

Doesn't matter what you do if you look good doing it t b h. Generally, productive hobbies (intellectually, creatively, physically) are the way to go. People whose only hobbies are things like video games tend to get depressed because as soon as the power's off, all the accomplishments and skill you've developed mean nothing

I LIKE TO WALK ON STILTS

CHEERS,
R

Find inspo
Find skincare
Read stories
Visit malls and restaurants

Honestly, most things I do nowadays revolve around looking good and consuming consuming consuming. Back then, I used to draw. I also wanted to make comics and share stories to other people, but I get so stressed with my situation these days that I often feel like I NEED to de-stress myself, and buying crap is the easiest thing to do compared to actually creating something. It's like eating junk food then crashing straight to bed after you've gotten tired from your 9-hour shift. I need to sort this out

I play board games and mtg with friends. Recently got into rubiks cubes, which is far from fa but fun self improvement. Learning bass guitar and writing shitty poetry. I need a real life and a better job.

>Veeky Forums approved

i mostly read and study things i'm interested in.
running is also nice, i run every other day, reduces bf% and improves cardiovascular health.
play guitar and piano, albeit i've lost motivation for the latter tbqh
used to go out with friends but i've rather distanced myself from them so that's not that easy anymore
video games generally aren't effay but if you play them every once in a while with people you know its cool.

I'm gonna make my amateur boxing debut in October, I also jerk off to fashion images in my free time.

Airplane watching is objectively the most effay hobby

competitive overwatch :/

I knit while watching netflix, it's the only way my ADD ass can watch movies. And then I have a sock when it's over.

cycling

it has the potential to be Veeky Forums if you care about your kit

pic related, i just got this jersey

rapha is very Veeky Forums imo, alot of their shit fits into the techwear look very nicely

Play chess
Read
Play piano and guitar
Practice Muay Thai
Play vidya on PS4 and PC

yeah, its a shame that its made for fat people now, im 6'1 and i have to wear size small for their racefit jersies because otherwise its going to be too lose fitting. but when I wear size small its on the edge of being too short

Not certain if they're all Veeky Forums, but my hobbies are gaming (PC), firearms, golf, weightlifting, politics, reading, guitar, singing and I'm getting into cars as of late.

Learning languages
Martial arts (mostly western ones)
Lifting
cooking
Hiking on the rare days off

guitar guitar guitar (ask about my rig)
photography
skating when its not too hot
walkin around at night with friends
smokin

>he's not doing bodyweight training

all those fake "strength"

drink
shoot
masturbate
meditate

Lift, Cook, Play Music, Compose Music, Record Music, Try to learn to produce Music, Listen to Music, Read self-help Books, Music Bio Books, Some Philosophy Books, Some Classics, Pickup and Date Girls.

>historical gun collecting
>shooting
>music
>drawing
>night/nature walking

smoking is definitely not Veeky Forums its disgusting
not to mention how bad it smells

/ic/ wannabe here
I learn to draw in order to become a tattoer in my spare time, which is almost all my time lately. Not NEET but taking a break from the workforce.

Forgot pic

I got tired of being so isolated all the time, so I took it upon myself to start doing a bunch of activites

Sailing, boxing/Filipino dirty boxing, motorsports, rock climbing/bouldering, shooting (carbine/pistol), literature,

I lift too, but I generally don't consider it a hobby but more like getting my shit together

I also just recently started a succulent collection, it's super comfy to do.

>what do you guys do in your spare time?

shit post on Veeky Forums, smoke weed, furiously beat off, and argue current events with classmates

>Read self-help Books

Stop trying so hard man.

No.

Wew lad those arent hobies

Do you actually need approval from an image board to actually do some in your free time?

Nice.

On the edge? Their mediums are too short on me and I'm 6'0".

On topic:
Cycling
Hiking
Photog
Cooking/Preserving
Violin & Guitar
And reading/music/vidya/fit/etc things that don't count as a hobby but occupy my time.

Excuse the shit quality, don't have anything on my phone.

Build gunpla . There is nothing more effay.

Cooking, reading and recently i've also tried to learn to draw probably, but I still suck at it.
Also in the middle of taking my diving certificate.

my legs are pretty long

Only if you paint them too

Why do you need approval from some anons?

Thats pretty good

heavy drinking
reading
chess
mathematics
lifting hard/often

Gardening

working out, vidya, anime, reading interestin shit

jesus christ Veeky Forums