Raf Simons ss18 Thread

Raf Simons Spring 2018 Discussion Thread.

Post what you like, what you don't like, and why. Remember to reason why you think your opinion should be validated.

Other urls found in this thread:

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-menswear/raf-simons
youtube.com/watch?v=7f0nbs1lnvA
youtu.be/nW3Hh-w9uJk
discord.gg/nX5Rz79
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2018-menswear/raf-simons

bland, rehashed, looking for talking points and controversy

This seasons show location was also in New York, but this time in a Chinese market setting as seen by the neon lights and lanterns.

Love this pattern

This one too. Raf's fucking back, baby.

Ah yes, nothing says China like an European designer, neon lights and lanterns

Raf is so fucking unbearable now

Good outerwear pieces, love how he played with proportions and dropped silhouette without overdoing it (i.e. Vetements). Not a big fan of on the layering on some pieces, seemed rather quickly done, bland and rehashed.
The footwear, especially the low-tops look great imo

What do you guys think of the silhouettes used this season.

What about his signature "collegiate" looks used in this show?

Very Margiela-esque approach with the visible seams and deconstructionist approach. Better executed than 2016 A/W.

You wrote whole 3 lines of text without actually saying fucking anything
how

Do you perhaps write for Highsnobiety or Hypebeast? Because both of these replies are void of an opinion or context.

I mean it was held in a Chinese market. It's quite easy to see the Asian influences on/in the clothes. Speaking of which, anyone catch the bit more feminine looks?

Also the new Raf Simons Adidas made an appearance. Looks a bit better on foot than they did in their pictures

How would this look without neon lights?

This seems interesting: youtube.com/watch?v=7f0nbs1lnvA

whoops

We can see many of the coats heavily inspired from Blade Runner.

why do they look like fucking vietnamese farmers?

It's a dystopian Asian influenced show, who knows.

Not again.

>Hey, people like that Joy Division print right?
>Also Blade Runner 2 is coming this year
>Let's mix these two, for no fucking reasons

ye know there's more than those tow perspectives right? you do know he used them again because he's working with him now again, right? how can you be so pessimistic while spouting nonsensical dribble with no sources? talk shit, post fit fuccboi

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the anti-fashion meme all over the place
>muh deconstruction

Look man, Raf is now doing fashion for guys like you. Annoying (wannabe) arty faggots trying to intellectualize boring fashion way too much, for whatever reasons.

What is the theme here? Why do you even like this?

All I see is a mishmash of arty/nerdy references with no coherence whatsoever. This was OBVIOUSLY designed by a team of young asian people who didn't really communicate. Heck, I bet Raf didn't even designed any of this.

Also, way too many heavy fabrics. Look at these coats
Do you honestly believe people would want to buy some heavy ass tartan tweed coat for spring?

What a joke.

Raf is dead, get over it. He's never coming back and will only get less relevant with each collection.

imagine being this ass blasted about clothes and being a lvl 50 edgy contrarian.

>Oh yeah, forgot to mention the anti-fashion meme all over the place
I don't think you know what that word means.

>muh deconstruction
Really man?

>Look man, Raf is now doing fashion for guys like you. Annoying (wannabe) arty faggots trying to intellectualize boring fashion way too much, for whatever reasons.
Irrelevant assumptions.

>What is the theme here? Why do you even like this?
Futuristic Asian. Because liking something is subjective.

>All I see is a mishmash of arty/nerdy references with no coherence whatsoever.
Of course it's artsy you idiot, it's a fadhion show. Literally nothing here is nerdy. Blade runner, joy division, and new order have huge followings. None of them are niche.

>This was OBVIOUSLY designed by a team of young asian people who didn't really communicate. Heck, I bet Raf didn't even designed any of this.
Again random assumptions.

>Also, way too many heavy fabrics. Look at these coats. Do you honestly believe people would want to buy some heavy ass tartan tweed coat for spring?
Almost as if the thing here aren't going for sale immediately, who woulda thunk it? Almost as if the consumers are going to wear it.

Please end yourself you whiny contrarian.

he's literally the biggest figure in fashion in the world right now. stop being an edgy tryhard.

>>Look man, Raf is now doing fashion for guys like you. Annoying (wannabe) arty faggots trying to intellectualize boring fashion way too much, for whatever reasons.

S-stop it

Raf catering to one of his biggest markets is both genius and kinda sad. Like the silhouettes as a whole, kinda happy not seeing oversized sleeves. But never was a fan of raf, and quite frankly I don't really see why he generates hype except for a past few seasons. Between his changing roles across different houses and his on/off moments with fashion as a whole all i can say is meh

Yeah, failing at Dior and working for some US shit-tier brand known for its underwear sure sounds like the path the "biggest figure in fashion in the world right now" would follow.

yes, maybe because Dior is too niche and can make an easy upcoming from one of the worlds biggest brand. man you're a retard

>Futuristic Asian
yeah no that's not the theme

yes, just like blade runner.

youtu.be/nW3Hh-w9uJk

moron

Raf's big momentum is over.
He was "the biggest figure in fashion in the world" right after leaving Jil Sander for Dior, which was like 6 years ago. I assume you were 10 years old at the time, judging by your incredible level of saltiness.

Right now Raf is pretty much irelevant. His collection are at best uninspired, he completely lacks coherence (he's always jumping from formal wear to "counter culture" bullshit), and nobody understands who is his demographic anymore. He's made some REALLY bad collections at his own brand, and his failure at Dior was really fucking serious, especially his haute couture collections. Right now Raf is looked as a great designer who hast lost his soul and/or inspiration, and hasn't designed anything good in a long time.

Go to Paris, Milan, London or even NYC and look for people actually wearing Raf Simons during fashion weeks. You won't find them. But you'll see plenty of Haider, Dries, Loewe or Rick.
Go to the most important stores in the world. They stopped carrying Raf a long time ago.

I mean I can understand you like this. You must be a young dude who enjoys stuff from the 80's. But that's no reason to be so dilusional.

>Raf's big momentum is over.
no it isn't, try doing your research in the real world instead of internet fashion forums and instagram for once

Okay you're hopeless.

Hey, will you buy pic related?
Classic Raf.

Also will you be wearing tartan coat and gloves next summer?
Looks so futuristic asian.

You seem to be the only one in this thread defending Raf. Maybe there's a reason for that?

Let's all take a moment to remember this happened

political statement on the united states involvement in vietnam DUH

Yah but the shape of the boots is good

pretty sure raf can't design for women and now that hes an old man he cant design for youth

i mean blade runner as a reference is ok i guess but, lmao who the fuck is going to buy big heavy leather coats for spring/summer who the fuck wants to wear a heavy tweed in 30 degrees

>implying objective observations are bad

sure maybe but, its not adding to this thread on its own

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just calling out absolute horseshit for what it is

>I'm not defending Raf, I'm just defending Raf

I'm not defending Raf
I'm saying that what the guy said is load of horseshit based on absolutely nothing, maybe lurking too much internet and thinking it constitutes for good base of reasoning to real life things

I'm not defending anyone

>Raf's fucking back, baby.
he's literally the biggest figure in fashion in the world right now

If you were around Raf right now, you would probably beg him to let him suck his tiny belgian dick

>if you disagree with me you must gay for raf!
I didn't expect anything else from someone who just spouts unsolicited bullshit based on nothing

kek

I walked in this show, AMA

what does rafs dick smell like

your mom's mouth

This, now raf is just ozmemos/hypebeast shit.

>he used them again because he's working with him now again
With who? With mr. Joy Division himself? Wow that's a bummer!

yall mind if i shill a raf discord right quick?
discord.gg/nX5Rz79
if yall wanna discuss the season here/anything raf related you're welcome to join

>fashion discords

lmao

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Raf's collections at Dior were extremely well-received and under his direction the company saw a 60% increase in profits between 2011 and 2015.

Yes, go to the fashion weeks and see everybody wearing Vetements and Off-White. There is a certain demographic that goes to fashion weeks and they tend to be the narcissistic brand-flexers.

Raf has been largely dropped from major American retailers and that's because his designs don't appeal to the American demographic which is either 1) dress just well enough to get laid or 2) dress as loud as possible to show off how much money and thus taste I have.

Have you even seen any of Raf's older collections outside of the "my holy Grail" bombers? They pale in complexity to the looks he puts on the runway today.

>Raf has been largely dropped from major American retailers and that's because his designs don't appeal to the American demographic which is either 1) dress just well enough to get laid or 2) dress as loud as possible to show off how much money and thus taste I have.
same in Europe

it's better than staying on this r/streetwear infested board tbqhfamalam

why?

quality has sunken a fucking ton
i miss the rick owens general & informative fashion label threads instead of constant shitposting/bait threads for replies

why would there be Factory records prints in a Blade Runner inspired collection?

Jun Takahashi is a better Raf with Undercover than Raf himslef now.

Ironic considering how much Jun was inspired by him.

>he's literally the biggest figure in fashion in the world right now. stop being an edgy tryhard

YA FORGOT GOSHA?)

Nah, at least not here in Italy
Of course you can't buy his stuff at the mall or in any shop, but a few (important) botiques stock his stuff and always sell out

Why is Antonioli and Louisviaroma so fucking gay and expensive? Even Mrporter is cheaper and they are already master jews.

>begging raf to suck his own dick

im sleep

Would you wear anything of this collection?

implying this wasn't one of the best recent collections

You're a fucking retard dude. Stick to whatever you're going to school for and stop trying to sound knowledgeable about fashion

yikes.

finally showed hes not a minimalist after all eh

I love this though, i've actually been imagining very many things with these rain coat textures these past days

This was very romantic and emotional, vivid. I like that a lot raf really did well

lol what a fag

do explain yourself