What does Veeky Forums use for personal budgeting...

What does Veeky Forums use for personal budgeting? I have this excel spreadsheet I've been building over the last ten years which can answer all sorts of neat questions like "how much am I spending per week on X vs how much I've budgeted", "if I stop spending now how long until I'm on track again", "how much slack do I have *today* to spend on X", etc, and generally gives me specific guidance on how I need to change my spending habits.

I like this, but one thing it can't do is show me what my finances look like at some point in the past. I'd have to change the "today" cell, which is easy, but also delete a bunch of transactions from my expense and income sheets, which is a PITA.

I'm already typing every single transaction into this thing, I don't mind that inconvenience...does anyone have suggestions for something else to use?

Mint is pretty good. You don't have to type in every single transaction, just the ones you do in cash. It automatically tracks your spending with credit cards, and you can also link bank accounts and retirement accounts to roughly calculate your net worth at any given time. Once I started getting into the habit of spending approximately the same amount of money week in, week out, I started to drift into inactivity on Mint, but it's pretty useful if you want to understand and control where your money goes.

Care to email me that spreadsheet?

@[email protected]

Thanks.

I tried this software You Need a Budget 4 the other week, I didn't see the point. You enter all your regular expenses, and you find what you have left each month. What's the point? Should I then not buy what I want to buy? Money isn't real if it doesn't roll.

Excel sheet with my checking info and quicken for everything else.

could you upload that excel spreadsheet user?

I'm old school when it comes to budgeting. I use pen and paper

I put the numbers into GNU Cash for monthly and annual reports which I staple to the front of the pen and paper budget

When I want to see what things were like at some point in the past I just pull whatever month or year out of my filing cabinet

Yoooo Can I get a copy?

I don't put much effort into budgeting - one of the perks of having a reasonably high income.

Half my paycheck goes into savings, a quarter of it goes into an expenses account, and the remaining quarter goes into a spending account. I also have a cash buffer account. If I have to dip into the buffer to cover overspending or anything similar I write an IOU note on my wall and I don't allow myself any unnecessary purchases until I've refilled the buffer. Each quarter I see if I've accumulated any surplus in my expenses/spending accounts and, if so, I split the surplus between my savings and buffer, then adjust my savings rate to hopefully avoid a surplus in future.

It works reasonably well.

I'd love one :)

[email protected]

Send me plsss [email protected] If you send me i give you some good docs.

I use Mint, but not often anymore

It's good as a start and makes you more conscious about where your money is going but I don't really think I have a use for it anymore.

Gotten to the point where everything is about making more money than excessively saving/budgeting

Mint for personal, and Freshbooks for business

i just made my own at work one slow day. tried accounting for everything i could think of, i think it's fairly accurate

Mint just got annoying with the amount of advertising.

I use TD myspend and keep a master budget in excel of everything longterm.

But, I'm an irishman in university - so there's only one spending sector I have to curb...

I hear ya

Fucking dragon dildos man. It never ends.

upload it to google neggard

Gotta catch em all

Not a personal budget as per thread, but this is how i track all of my payment every month's end.

Yes, I am _very_ underpaid as compared to other first world country. And the sheet may be varied, not including all other hidden expenses.

All I need now is a bit of discipline on how I spend my money on to keep the sheet clean.

Any improvements are welcome.

I wrote a javascript app to run my life, looks similar to your pic. Not visually. Visually i made it a nice grey colour and it changes to warm colors when im doing well. Might sell it when im done or turn it into a service but i'm still working out the kinks. It reads off my bank account using a webscript and displays way to much of my personal shit to screencap.

>having a budget
Poorfag general?

Just hide the personal info or replace it with some generic stuff.

Hello kawan, was surprised to see the MYR here. Couple questions:

>Why the difference between your salary in Jan and the rest of the months?
>What are your qualifications, and what is your job? Are you paid respectably compared to your peers?
>Why not work in Singapore? I've heard that many Malaysians do the same, and bring back what is effectively 3x the pay.

Also, why's your expense always 800RM monthly? Do you eat the same food day in and out?

Nice to see another kawan here.

>Why the difference between your salary in Jan and the rest of the months?

I just moved to another job on January. That was the sum of my first salary in the new job and the leftover money I haven't claimed from the previous job. I wrote a note in the sheet cell to remind me what happened during every pay.

>What are your qualifications, and what is your job? Are you paid respectably compared to your peers?

I am a degree holder. Currently working as a programmer in a startup company (was previously in a corporate but it sucked there). Well, I can say I'm paid fairly higher than my other peers with the same qualifications.

>Why not work in Singapore? I've heard that many Malaysians do the same, and bring back what is effectively 3x the pay.

Because of personal issue.

>Also, why's your expense always 800RM monthly? Do you eat the same food day in and out?

Single here. Unless spending my savings for my hobby, I don't spend much on things nor do I eat at luxury places. I'm skinny as fuck and I don't care what I eat as long as my stomach is full.

Now where are you based on, dear kawan? Are you Singaporean?

>not having a budget
soon to be poorfag general

Unlike you I have self control and don't need some arbitrarily made budget to prevent me from spending money on stupid shit.

>i have self control
>have a budget, just in my head

k

[email protected]

Would really appreciate a copy user, Thanks

Please do this:
Or just dropbox, or megaupload
Or something