>>1260663

im sure she still has her job with oil being 40 a barrel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2C5a2L5NHl0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She's cute.

But yeah, I help to build America and make modern life possible by working in the greatest industry under God.

Damn, McKinsey has some good looking women

You're breaking my heart, man. Where do I meet women like this?!

>Where do I meet women like this?!
I'm gonna go with "at McKinsey"...

I knew someone would say this.

you do realize that IB and consulting jobs are made for good looking chads and stacys right?

>high paying jobs given to those with connections
>you get connections by having friends
>you get friends primarily by being good looking

>MBB consulting

no thanks, id rather not live out of a suitcase literally every sunday night through thursday evening, even if the work is interesting and pays extremely well.

Honestly, I would've been jelly of this in the 50s and 60s. These days MBB and IBD are usually the means to an end career wise, not the end themselves.

also this desu. most of these kids are going to leave after a few years for jobs in corp finance/corp dev.

What the fuck does a "business analyst" even do?

This is their promo video

youtube.com/watch?v=2C5a2L5NHl0

Analyze business. Sounds boring as fuck.

Meh, not my type.

>that intro

Holy shit McK really put their C team on this one

Sounds like a lot of bullshit.

They can't give concrete examples of what they do. They use corporate bullshit speak; research group, engagement, senior partners, team learning, team norms, etc.

Just trash. How do people live like this? When I go to work I am given a task and I complete it. I make as much if not more than these fucking clowns.

what do you do for a living?

chode monkey?

What do business analysts actually do though?

Genuinely interested.

These people look like actresses inserted into linkedin by mckinsey in order to draw chumps in

nothing is real

I'm a valued team member in the international freight transportation sector that currently specializes in maintaining asset functionality on a time and safety sensitive basis.

their do business consulting.

A lot of business are very inefficient and ineffective in the way execute. They just help these business suck less

Kek

Keked again, sounds like a pretty lame job, that video doesn't help either.

99% of jobs are lame.

Welcome to life

It pays well and the field has virtually no limit on earning potential.

Hoever it's required that you have a deep fundamental understanding of many different business models, their execution, and areas that can be improved.

In the end people will probably hate you for making them obsolete or reducing their visible workload. If you're doing that you're making loads of dough though.

so mckinsey sends all these hot ass bitches out to an oil rig to 'analyze the business'? i'm guessing some autist at mckinsey's head office actually analyzes all the inefficiencies and the ladies just act as a middle man. the clients just keep paying the consulting fees to keep the babes at the oil rigs so they have something nice to look at.

>Hoever(sic) it's required that you have a deep fundamental understanding of many different business models,
How the fuck can a 23 year old girl have a deep understanding of really any business model?

damn

At my company it's a catch all title for salaried non management employees with a wide range of functions, from developing macros to creating process work flows, usually to help an ever dwindling supply of hourly employees do more and more work. It's a pretty good gig, any layoffs usually go after positions just above or below them. They usually get to work at home more, some even 100% remotely.

So they're the bean counters that come up with just about all the awful ideas because they've never worked in the field? Gotcha'.

If you don't have an understanding of basic business models by 23 you should leave this board.

While that does happen with a lot of business. A successful business holds its architects accountable.

The policies you're being so snide about are most likely made by some HR cunts.

He did not say an understanding of basic business models, but
>a deep fundamental understanding of many different business models, their execution, and areas that can be improved.
How can a 23 year old woman(or man), that has never worked in an oil industry come in and tell these people how they should be running it?

The answer is, they really can't, because they don't have nearly enough experience.

Nah, my complaints are mostly directed towards operating practices and standards. Nothing human resources would be concerned about.

what industry do you work in?

>Free college money.
>Social support from all angles.
>Affirmative action.

>Surprised she has all this free shit.

The railroad.

So nepotism and diversity hires (women included) exist. The people pictured at least have the credentials and can be taught to do their job eventually. Young blood is good some times if you can make the investment which is hiring them.

Some things that might seem like a fundamentally flawed business practices may have it's benefits in other areas.

The railroad has been regulated and constantly fucked with since it's inception. Archaic practices and government regulation; what you're saying doesn't surprise me.

they are basically the "middle managers" of individual contributors. I'm a developer, so when a new business workflow/process starts, the business analysts are the ones who create and give me the requirements for it.

some are really great, some of the best people I know, and some are fucking human stains on power trips and want nothing more than money and power. fuck them.

but most of these kids are going to leave after a few years for jobs in corp finance/corp dev

This is where I go back to people not understanding the industry. You really need to get hands on time with the railroad to begin to understand how and why certain practices have never changed.

I'd say that's the same for a lot of large industries. Some hot shot just out of college isn't going to figure out how to move freight faster or pull more oil out of the ground for less money.

Figuring that shit out takes time, experience, and a deep and fundamental understanding of a business model that cannot really be taught in a text book or powerpoint presentation.

Did you not see what he said?
>fundamentals

Consultant tell their clients recommendations, but they don't implement these recommendations themselves.

They pretty much say "Company A did X to receive 13% more annual profit. Company B is similar and in the same industry. Company B should also X"

I got grossed out by the normal plebs tier shit in the video. Oh yea, put a trendy garbage alarm clock, shit tier loser coffee machine, weighted out portions dog food Indian guy jogging like a flat footed deflated limp wrist. Everything screamed stereotypical underachieving losers.

Did you not see what he said?
>deep

Anybody can tell you to pay less overtime and turn off the lights at night to save money. That's simple shit.

Not just masturbate and play vidya. Bot a bunch of BTC when it was $5-10. Bot gold when it was $400. Nibbling on silver.

As far as being a W2 wageslave? Not a real accomplishment.

I work in an oil company.

A BA is usually assigned to product lines ( i.e. if you sell a specific purpose built computer system). Then they just meet with potential and existing customers of those products and milk requirements for further refinements. Also, they show up to meetings and clear any ambiguity if it arises. Since I'm on a software product, our BA is also a our SCRUM lead.

>You really need to get hands on time with the railroad

>being a peasant

So they're just a glorified salesman, no?

This peasant makes 6 figures and has better benefits than you most likely.

if you're so proud of yourself, post your resume or Linkedin profile? Obviously, you have nothing to be ashamed about

I don't have a or need a Linkedin. Especially not now after they've proven to be so inept at basic security measures.

Maybe they should hire some of the folks from McKinsley to help them get it together...

You don't have a resume either?

Looks like you're just a NEET

Why would I post a resume? I already have a job.

Is it really incredulous for someone here to have gainful employment?

Why don't you show us your resume and linkedin?

You've never created one ever? How you get your job in the first place? Any reputable job asks for at least a resume. Even through connections, they still take a quick glance at resumes.

only fast food jobs, don't ask for resume

I made one for the job when I got it a few years ago. Scribbled it on the back of one of those fliers you get for strip clubs. Sorry, but I can't get you a copy.

Why are you so desperate to see my personal details anyways? Were you going to pass them onto Ann Hewitt for me?

>trying to brag on Veeky Forums
>flustered, when gets called out on bullshit when he can't show proof

What proof does a resume offer that I have a job on the railroad?

Here, have a picture I took a while back of a consist.

Why are you so bitter fatso?

At least I ain't no shit tier coffee drinking flat footed curry smelling inbred bastard. You have to strive for an apartment that doesn't look like a $75 business type hotel room, no $10 haircuts and shit tier appliances is what I'm saying.

Booz Allen consultant here. Yea there's a decent amount of attractive, smart women here. I like it.

You're right you know.
I see this shit all the time on the pipeline.

Well since you asked

>Worked as an ecologist during high school
>Helped capture and study snakes
>Realized it wasn't for me
>Went off to college
>Studied medical laboratory sciences with a business minor
>Worked as an EMT during this time
>Saw all sorts of things
>Meth heads, people who blew their face open trying to get high off compressed air, gunshot victims, etc
>Realized this wasn't for me
>Graduated college and got MT(ASAP) certified
>Started working in a lab as a medical technologist
>Handled all kinds of samples
>Blood samples of patients with cancer, microbiology samples of people with necrosis, urine samples of people who drank antifreeze
>Realized this wasn't for me
>Went off to get my masters degree to become a physician's assistant
>Worked nights as a medical technologist to get through
>Went through my clinical rotations and met a dermatology doctor who was desperately trying to find a male PA to work in her office
>Got hired right after graduation
>Now I do dermatology work and I have learned to love it more and more

I'm 29 years old and I currently make $95k. That figure will likely go over $110k as dermatology PAs are the top paid in the field and I've just started. I had NY share of ups and downs but i built my own path.

Stop comparing yourself to others. Begin by working hard to define who you are. Further everyone else and focus all of your energy on you. You can't change the fact that there will always be people better than you. Hell, as a PA, I'm destined to have to work under a doctor for the rest of my life. But does that bother me? Not in the slightest. I have none of the headaches of being a doctor and running my own business while getting paid a pretty penny. I get to spend time with my girlfriend and my two pugs and life is good.

Find where you can be happy and pay no mind to everyone else.

>Went to public in-state college
>Graduated with a BA 3.8
>Want to work for Federal government, apply to department of state, among other places
>No call backs for internships, no call backs for jobs
>Decide to move to Canada where most of my family is
>Get job working pipe insulation (shit money), but paid off my student loan
>Eventually quit for new job on oil rig (amazing money)
>Drilling season ends, get job at oilfield trucking company (good money)

>By now I'm a year out of school:
>Work at trucking company for 4 months then fly to Cambodia for 3 months to 'intern' at NGO
>Come back, oil has crashed, no jobs, can't go back to the states cuz my parents are renting out their house
>Stuck in Canada from December to March, just working out at the gym, stuck on family farm in dead of winter in an unfinished house
>Finally make it back to the states that Spring, there for a couple months, no fucking jobs but was happy to be back among my friends
>start studying the ASVAB

>Now two years out of college:
>Go back to Canada for the summer, work pipe insulation again till laid-off in September
>Friend tells me to apply for probation officer opening
>I apply, actually get fucking invited to begin hiring process!
>"holy fuck an actual job that requires a degree! I'm finally going to do something with it!"
>Stay in Canada a few more months applying for jobs, while completing paperwork online and phone interview for probation officer hiring
>Go back to States for a few months to further prepare
>Fail the polygraph test

>Now virtually 3 years out of school:
>Uncle passes away, told I was listed as beneficiary to his retirement
>"Woops actually its going to someone else we got the names confused lol sorry"
>Apply to grad school, take the GRE
>Now looking for a job for the summer till school starts.
>Been jobless since September 2015
>Now my school is trying to charge me out-of-state tuition for working in Canada... 150% mark up.

That's what I've done with my life.

Women lose less money than men in the energy business.

This.

Management consulting has 0 reward/satisfaction apart from the bucks

Must be great to have a non-programmer making programming decisions and deadlines. I preferred having business analysts explain what they were trying to accomplish from the business side so I knew what the program was supposed to do.

>being a such jealous wagecuck

>take a business is trying to automate
>tell them to automate
>profit

its really that simple

Back to /r9k/ with you OP

I GUARUNTEE YOU shes not that smart. probably had to study math in high school. Typical over achiever who thinks working her 120 iq entitles her to earn 10x what the avg 140 iq person earns. I know people who graduated hbs/wharton/booth/tuck/kellogg with 4.0s who literally complained about how hard physics was for them...
Like literally... Physics was hard for you.... And u are making 200k a year...
Thats like paying someone who couldnt do a pushup in high school to be nfl quarterbacks. Yeah, maybe a qb doesnt need to be able to do a pushup but really?

>took Physics 101 and got a B
>thinks he can get a Phd in Physics now

> took college level physics in 8th grade
>professor had me teach the class while he was out of town
This is actually much closer to the truth than what u said but w/e
Physics is the bigger joke than hillarys vocabulary

As someone who works in a field where everyone has advanced degrees, I've learned something which I believe would be very valuable to the underage anons on this board.

Get your undergrad from a college full of dumb people. Don't buy into this idea that you have to go a great undergrad program to succeed. I went off to an elite east coast college while nearly all my friends went to our state SEC school. The type of school where the acceptance criteria was having a SS number and a high school degree or GED.

These friends balled out GPA wise. One friend with a 3.9 bragged to me that he never once studied on a weekend.

Graduate programs do not care where you went to school. All that matters is your test score (LSAT, GRE, etc) and your undergrad GPA.

I scored very highly on my LSAT but my GPA was only in the 3.5 range. I got to go to a Tier 1 law school for 1/3 tuition. My SEC-school friends who were naturally smart did well on their respective entrance exams and thanks to their astronomical GPA went to elite grad programs.

The point I'm trying to make here is never assume someone is "intelligent" because of something like Wharton. On a recent assignment I had to work with several Tuck grads from another company. I was floored by how dumb they were. I looked them up and sure enough all of them went to shit colleges where being able to breath through your nose gave you a 4.0.

Can you describe what you work day is like?

Are you dense? It says right there that she works at McKinsey.

It doesn't matter because there will always be willing replacements and enough people willing to stay in for the long term.

According to Google she doesn't which is comforting
Lol have you ever had a job before? She has a manager that hands her tasks/projects that require probably 1/4th of what you're describing.

read the post i was responding to

Business Analysts take down requirements, build test cases, and translate those into deliverables developers can understand.

It's a individual contributor position at a middle-management level where pay starts at $60,000 and tops out at ~$100k.

The Operations people are busy handling the day-to-day.

You need somebody to understand requirements and produce deliverables. This is what Business Analysts are trained to do.

They need to be able to get and digest answers from those who have the technical expertise, they don't necessarily need to have all of the knowledge themselves.

>deliverables

because the picture was taken yesterday... you can clearly see the date

at a place like McK, you won't get hired since you're a male. they've done multiple women only hiring events

fyi they also optimize core strategies and synergize business integration framework environments ... blah blah blah etc...meaningless string of buzzwords and gobbledygook...keeping a finger on the pulse of the innovation landscape!

McKinsey Consulting.
Hot Ass Motherfucking Bitches.

Gonna add to the "consultants don't do shit" fire but i just jumped industries and have only been at the firm for under two months. I'm currently on "the bench" aka I don't have a project yet and am not billable so I mainly meet people within the firm to get my face out there so I can be considered for potential projects. Anyways , a typical day

>Wake up at 7am bc the sun is in my goddamn face
>Fire up tinder/Veeky Forums
>No happenings? Get out of bed
>Turn on laptop, log into email/Skype
>Go make coffee and an amazing egg bagel
>Veeky Forums while I eat
>Think about going into the office
> Nahhh that would mean I have to get dressed
>Oh look its lunch time
>Make lunch
>Oh look it's 4pm
>Get dressed , go to gym, smash weights

Sadly that will probably end this week since I have a short term engagement. Coworkers are all pretty intelligent, mostly 26-33 yrs old, went to prestigious school , etc,etc. I like it so far.

I deliver packages for FedEx (express, not ground. pretty significant difference)
>get up at 4:45
>get ready, drive 25-30 mins to work
>clock in around 6
>deliver overnight shit which is usually due between 8-9a.m.
>depending on the amount of freight that day, either deliver more shit till 11 or 12, or clock out after 2-3 hours of work
>guaranteed 17.5 hours of pay a week since im part-time but sometimes get more

It's okay work, kinda fun and not very challenging, but I need to find some more side work or find something full time. Graduated college two years ago by the way, 3.6 GPA with a criminal justice major (terrible decision)

Am I missing something? All the McKinsey people posted ITT have

When I think of McKinsey I think of this retarded shit stain

a true visionary

>wharton
the I'm too stupid to get into a good college but my parents have money

every good law firm or investment bank hires only attractive people or at least above average looking.
If you don't believe check goldman and morgan. same shit.

I speak multiple languages, have a black belt in one martial art and have trained in several others, am working on a dual major in Psychology/Biochemistry-Genetics in a 3/2 program that lets me finish an Engineering: Applied Math and Science degree at Columbia. I'm hoping to qualify for the Olympics in 2020 in Judo and possibly Taekwondo. I run an import/export business during my summers, and am a published author.

Not everyone on the internet is a fucking loser user.

this

>Not everyone on the internet is a fucking loser user.
Yeah, but it is filled with liars.

You didn't also happen to be the Navy Seals did you?

your English is trash and you sound like a bad person

a multitude of women only hiring events