perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

fragrantica.com/perfume/Jaguar/Classic-Black-11793.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

What are some friendly summer fragrances? Like, for someone lighthearted and goofy.

I'm liking Pure Malt for that category in winter for reference.

Dior homme or DHI? Would the extra sillage and longevity of Intense be worth the extra money?

Invictus aqua, crees virgin island water

Depends on what you want. DH is a lot more versatile, you can wear it year round as long as it isn't too hot. It just depends if you like the smell of DHI more.

Jeremy said that intense > homme

homme and sport is a waste of money to him

I know but I dont want something Ill like a lot first of all, not gonna waste tons of money on something I wont even consider my signature FIRST I just dont see the point unless you're one of those Niche is all about wasting money on random bottles retard

I mean I dont want something I wont particularily like first of all. nothing smelled super special to me so far. maybe some did, but I wanna try others before I waste hundreds on a single fragrance

Was recommended Comme des Garcon 2 a while back for a clean smell fragrance. Looking for other recommendations before I pull the trigger.

I dont currently have the time to go on vacations, and vacations are ephemeral. They're a waste of money for the most part unless you spend like a year in asia where everything is cheap (a place I dont particularily care about) but on the other hand Ill have all the samples that wont disappear unless I break/lose them. it's also something other people wont have to spend money on if they ever would like to try a couple without having to buy the samples themselves. but in the end the collection is mine.

Reflection Man, Silver Mountain Water or Mugler Cologne if you want to smell clean in the most literal sense, smells like good soap.

Anythign that smells like this? You know, like "man".

I am genuinely curious about you, Samplesperg. We know so little about this majestic creature. We know you make minimum wage, we know you don't go out much, consider going to parties "for losers", and thus it's safe to say that you are not in a relationship and are likely a virgin.

What I wonder about is what does a Samplesperg do besides sperg over samples? I know much of your time now is dedicated to huffing expensive scent water out of tiny vials, I assume while alone in a darkened room. But you've only been doing this for a few months. What was Samplesperg's life before becoming Samplesperg? Was your entire life up until now a training montage of you becoming autistic enough to think that spending 1000.00 on samples would be a good idea and a productive use of your time? If so, what song was it set to?

Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Has that very classic masculine smell to it. I've never tried the original Versace Man, but I bet it's even more so.

FUCK THIS JEREMY FAG

NO MY FRAGRANCES ARE NOT PLAYED OUT YOU FUCKING WHORE

COMING FROM A GUY WHO WAS LA NUIT'S BITCH SINCE FOREVER AHAHAHAHAHA

EAT A BULLET YOU QUEER

Amouage Reflection. Very fresh, clean scent, almost a "clean laundry" scent, but incredibly smooth and refined. Probably my favorite clean scent ever.

jeremys a pretty cool guy, eh gets compliments and doesnt afraid of anything.

Am I remembering wrong or was Creed Aventus going for around $250 for 4oz on fragrancenet a few months ago? Compared to $310 now.

Creed raised their prices on some of their fragrances because "they were becoming to mainstream and we wanted them to retain their exclusivity". IE. they're a bunch of greedy Jews.

what's the best comme des garcons scent? I tried wonderwood, amazingreen and black but I can't decide between black and wonderwood and was wondering if there's anything better

The testers are going for 250, I just got mine. Don't fucking buy their testers, though, they're all batch 16F01, which is a super weird, unpleasant vanilla heavy batch that has no longevity.

I regret nothing

What is the Dior Sauvage of female fragrance? Like, big compliment getter and very popular.

FYI the whole Aventus batch differences are a myth in a sense of "variation in natural ingredients", they just change up the wood synthetics or the Pineapple-Apple aroma chemical concentration. People are essentially over paying for very slight changes in amounts of aroma chemicals for an already overpriced frag.

16F01 IS bad, though. The green notes are painfully chemical and smell more like CDNIM than Aventus. Obviously people shouldn't overpay hundreds of dollars for marginally "better" batches, but they definitely should know which ones to avoid, and there are a select few that should be.

Can anyone recommend something that's kind of a fresh, not too heavy sandalwood fragrance that's a little sweet, with kind of a dry, dusty, amber and resins scent? Nothing cloying, nothing overly woody, nothing too heavy, so no big vanilla, incense, or clove sort of notes.

Does such a fragrance exist?

Molecule 04? Sounds like the only thing you'd want.

I choose to believe that Samplesperg was created 6 months ago in a lab by Mugatu in a bid to enslave humanity by creating the perfect perfume.

Samplesperg is programmed to sample every single perfume in existence, analyze them, and eventually determine the perfect permutation of notes and concentration that will create a scent so beautiful that people will be helpless before it.

No, I'd want something with more than just sandalwood. Like I said, amber, resins, a little sweetness, maybe some light spiciness, maybe some nutmeg, light cinnamon, pink pepper, white musk, etc. Just something that's not heavy.

Also, pure javanol seems like it's actually kinda dirty smelling.

he said, cradling hundreds of tiny vials of Invasion Barbare and sobbing at what his life had become

I did what I could with what I had. Currently fragrances are the only things that give me a bit of joy, among other things.

What other things? Curious.

I'm not gonna talk about myself if it's not relevant to fragrances. I said bits and pieces about myself in the past and if you couldn't make a profile of me out of them that's too bad.

So, you're narcissistic enough to think people care enough about you to follow your posts, make minimum wage, don't go out much, don't date, spend all your money on fragrances , and are likely either obese or whip skinny.

Sound about right?

I'm not the one who's heckling you, I'm just curious and made the little goof about barbare.

But really, you might want to stop buying samples for a bit, it sounds like an addiction. I get it, it's like taking a chance every time plus the pleasure of buying things, but I guarantee you'll be happier if you save your money.

I mean, the dude just spent a grand on samples. He clearly has a problem.

despite all that, yep it seems so

I'll be happier if I spend a couple hundreds right now than if I save it for later when those couple hundreds dont really mean anything anymore (because Ill have an actual career with a better pay. it's not like I waste it all on drugs and shit anyway that will only last a couple days anyway).

I only come to these threads to follow samplesperg's autistic escapades

i said anyway too many times i gotta go either way

I would be less worried if you spent all of your money on drugs desu

He is a fascinating creature, isn't he? So human! It's like going to the zoo and just watching the monkeys do monkey shit. You learn something about yourself from observing their exploits, I think.

Maybe Coco Mademoiselle? It seems like the basic bitch gold standard, and there are probably quite a few very similar fragrances. I'm basing this on how often I think I clock women wearing Coco. Either it's incredibly popular on its own, or a few competitors are cashing in on it too.

There must be what like 100 CdG scents. If you like Wonderwood and Black, then you've got plenty more you should try out: Hinooki, Sugi, 2, 2man, Kyoto, and Avignon, at least.

I have a bottle of Wonderwood and a sample of Black. Black might be "better" than Wonderwood, in that it's more novel, interesting, complex, respected by people who obsess about fragrance, but it's hard for me to find an occasion to actually wear it. I suppose if you attend a lot of exhibitions, receptions, and cocktail parties. Or if you are just a compelling person anyway and want to put a cherry on top of that. But as an everyday mortal, Wonderwood is probably more useful.

that's pretty much how I feel, I don't think black is as formal as you do but it's definitely more intense, I almost like wonderwood more except for that weird musty base note, smells like the 2x4s that have been sitting in my basement for nearly 20 years

I'll check out that other stuff tho, which ones are the best? so I don't have to spend 20 bucks on samples

It's hard to pick one as best. 2 is the only one I bought a bottle of, but that's just because it was dirt cheap on notino. Probably Sugi would be my next buy, then Kyoto (maybe?). It's really subjective at this level. They're all excellent, but those are my preferences.

After some time I bought new YSL Body Kouros and it seems to me that it smells kind of different than previous I owned. Like "cheaper", can't put exact words on it.
Is it possible YSL changed it or is it me just remeber it wrong?

fair enough

know where can I get the cheapest samples then? I hate paying for shit like that

I actually live close to a store that has most of those. So I just sampled a lot in the store.

In Europe, there's ausLiebezumDuft.de. Samples are like 4€ a pop for CDG price range. Actually I prefer that to putting in the time hustling reps, and the samples are generous and come with decent atomizers. I can't really think of a reliable way to get the samples I want for cheaper. You might get stuff for free in whatever circumstances, but it'll take a long time to luck in to what you want.

Included atomizers are nice, I'm a burger tho

Just pulled the trigger
Had this since like 2005, since I was 15
Tried a couple different ones over the years but nothing was as good
Always got compliments on it and landed all my 8+/10 lays with it on

FWIW all my 8+ lays have been from when I was wearing CK Contradiction, Lacoste Red or Lacoste Essential. Correlation is not causation.

I just ordered a 75ml bottle of it
Really sexiest scent ive smelt

All of those girls were plebs with completely shit taste. I won't fuck a girl if she likes designer shit, only girls who like my 600.00 Oud Water that smells like animal dung and old yogurt.

Look into Prada Amber Pour Homme or Infusion d'Homme

What are some frags that surprised you when you smelled them?

Just today, the lady at Saks offered me a sample of pic related, was expecting a generic, lame tea scent but it was gorgeous. I'm considering a full bottle depending on how it develops on my skin.

>implying girls will fuck you because you smell good

I dunno, man. Chris Pine's done a bunch of fragrance ads (I assume people use every product they advertise) and he gets laid all the time. I think you might be wrong on this one.

Is it safe to buy from splits online? I'm looking at getting a decant of Aventus from a split seller on basenotes.

work: equipment jockey and advertising
hobbies: writing screenplays, tuning diesels, running
scents: invigorating, fresh, mysterious maybe nothing sweet
I need something that isn't too loud/strong or offensive. like they clients/or girls could only smell it when we are a face to face.

narcisso rodriguez for him

i hope you do because you're garbage lmao

mmm... quite

AdG Profumo

The two scents are not identical. As said, DH is more versatile, and IMO a superior scent.

lmao

youre the bigger pleb therefore the actual monkey!

Now, now. No need to get angry, Samplesperg. I admire you, I really do. You truly are one of god's special creatures. It takes a certain... something to dedicate yourself so wholeheartedly to the collection of tiny vials of alcohol and fragrance. I'm not certain what that something is, but I'm sure it's lovely.

Here, have a pudding cup.

tiny vials or not is irrelevant; I'm after the creations themselves. they are worlds of their own. to call them alcohol + fragrance is overly simplistic and you know it. or else you woulnt be here.

pretty weird that im getting shit on so much because I seem to have a much deeper interest in fragrances than most here.

>they are worlds of their own

Not the user you're talking to, but I totally agree on this. Fragrances are fascinating, but don't you think getting hundreds of samples is a little overboard?

Also, little money saving tip: If you want some free samples, go into Saks and ask them to make you one/two. They'll happily do it. Could save 5-10 dollars every time.

Does Dylan blue perform as well as Eros? Trying to get a bottle maybe this week

Is it weird that I like BondNo9.com better than Aventus? Something about it just...feels better to me. I like how it's a bit sweeter and I like that cooling, almost menthol-esque effect it has. It's cleaner, too.

Nearly. Eros is just a wee bit better because it's so strong, but Dylan Blue is plenty beast.

Have you tested it on your skin for extended periods of time? It tends to turn really weird on some people's skin

I'm a poor fag but what you described perfectly fits "Zara Gold for men"

Alright Veeky Forums, it's time to prove your worth. I started fragrances 5 years ago, after reading a concise, inspirational post on Veeky Forums. The poster recommended Chrome Legend, and he was fucking right. I got three women with that right off the bat, all of them entranced by the smell and always commenting on it, thinking it was a natural fragrance that somehow emanated from my skin. Fucked all of them and more, eventually, within the span of a few months. One was serious the others weren't. And I was a shut in who went to computer science classes.

2 years in I felt like the fragrance was being produced more thinly, as though it was more concentrated but lasted much less. So that was shit. I replaced it with one Veeky Forums recommended, "La Nuit De L Homme". But that one didn't step up the game at all. The ones who knew my smell from before said I just smelled "nice" but it wasn't as captivating as the other one.

So now I'm in the market again. I'd like something that inspires something like a walk in the twilight woods, something that takes you away from this shit world for a more dreamy one. I suppose it's hard to explain, something that inspires pic related.

Fuck. I just wish they wouldn't get cheap on their fucking fragrances and leave things how they are. Tried twice to buy Chrome Legend but it's just shit now, lasts no more than an hour and if you overspray it's shit.

Nautica Voyage has that same "naturally emit it' vibe to it. It's hard to explain, but you'll know what I mean when you smell it.

the internet seems to think this fragrance smells the most like Legend, however:

fragrantica.com/perfume/Jaguar/Classic-Black-11793.html

Might have to go to the mall and try it then. Eros works pretty well with my skin

Definitely do. I love Dylan Blue on paper, just adore it, but on my skin it turns into an obnoxious mess.

It's between Dylan blue or Acqua de gio Profumo at this point. Was leaning toward Dylan blue only because I already own the original adg

If you haven't, try AdG Profumo, very different from the original. Definitely not as clean. I almost like it, but it's just a little too harsh for me. See what you think, though.

Already tested it and works good on my skin. But I've heard nothing but good things about Dylan blue

I've had CDNIM for a few weeks. I'm sure its legit since the packaging and bottle are both good quality, and the smell is basically as described. But either it doesnt last that long, or it causes major olfactory fatigue. Anyone else experience that?

yeah like 2-3 hrs, you got feb 17 batch? I've heard more people saying it's shit. Also I dont even like the smell of it.

He won't wear anything they sell at Saks. Not niche enough. Also, 1 or 2 samples wouldn't be enough for him. He literally just spent 1000.00 on samples. Not a typo. 3 zeros.

Is Burberry Brit Rhythm Intense a good cheapie for casual use in the Winter?

How hard is it really to get batches from certain years? Is there a website that makes it easy or are you stuck having to scavenge perfume shops

If you're okay with splits, then basenotes. Otherwise, you have to scavenge or pay insane prices on ebay for bottles that may very well be fake.

I'm very interested in fragrances, I research them and get samples as well. Except I buy fragrances. You know, to wear and enjoy. And don't say you wear your samples, you have .5mls, that's maybe 2-3 decent wearings of each at most. And wear does it end? Do you have to sample literally every fragrance on earth before you decide to buy one?

You don't get shit on for liking fragrances, of course not, that'd be silly. You get shit on because you just spent 1000.00 on samples, of which you already have hundreds, and still haven't seemingly liked anything enough to purchase. That'd be less weird if you were wealthy, but you're not. You make literally the very least amount of money an employer is legally allowed to give you in exchange for whatever meagre services you provide. If you had fuck you money, that'd be one thing. Floyd Mayweather spends 1000.00 a week on haircuts. If you had so much money that you just didn't give a shit, spending 1000.00 on samples wouldn't be that weird. But you don't. You're spending the entirety of your income on tiny vials of fragrance. You either have an addiction, and autistic spectrum disorder, or both.

You also act like your taste is superior to others' and your opinion is more valid, despite the fact that 6 months ago, you barely knew fragrances existed. You came here for help as a complete novice, we helped you gain knowledge, and now you act like you're better than us.

That's why you get shit on. Not because you have an interest, but because you take it to a degree that would be considered beyond the limits of social acceptability and because you act like a pretentious asshole.

Interesting, I'll give that a look. Thanks.

10/16, one amazon review put it well, its like there are no base notes, just some top notes and in 3 hours or so its just gone

Looking for a summer fragrance that is very bright and citrusy, but still masculine.

Depends a lot on your budget. Women absolutely love Creed Millesime Imperial on me. Can't get enough of it. Every girl I've been with while wearing it has commented on how good it smells, even get the occasional compliment from strangers at the supermarket or whatever.

Just seems to have that perfect blend of things women like. It's an aquatic, it has nice citrus and fruit notes, it's sweet (but not too sweet), and its musky.

Try a sample, see what you think. It's pricey, but in my opinion it's very worth it if your goal is to please girls.

It ends when I say it does. I would buy 2-3 bottles if I had money but I obviously dont, so buying samples only is a pretty good substitute for now. I'll buy a bottle someday, but it's not the main reason why I buy samples, and I dont get why it's weird to anyone here.

I really have nothing else to spend my money on. I'll have an actual career eventually so it's not worth saving 800 bucks over like a year since it will probably be chump change, and I currently live in a shithole with nothing and nobody to talk to so I have to satisfy my needs materially, and frags do more than that to me.

I'm just saying my tastes are better generally speaking.If you say you like X and I say X is shit we have differing tastes and it doesnt take whatever amount of years to come to appreciate blew de chanel and sauvage. You do or you dont.

>don't you think getting hundreds of samples is a little overboard?
no because ill have an amazing collection. Saks is out of reach

you'd have money if you didn't spend all of it on samples

That was my point, I was wearing those pleb frags and it made no difference in my game. Self-confidence and self-comfort have made more difference than anything else in my experience.

This smell interest is more just about being able to stimulate a sense that the internet can't. The whole seduction thing always seemed ridiculous.

not enough to buy anything significant

>one thousand (1000) united states dollars is not enough to buy anything significant

please insert yourself into a wood chipper you dildo

I made a list of things to buy and currently I dont have a really strong need to buy them

What would you buy with a thousand dollars?

more like 800 canadian dollars